BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2024-8th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/17/19 11:56 AM
Boys 2027-5th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/17/19 11:37 AM
Long Island Express Lacrosse
by Anonymous. 10/17/19 10:29 AM
Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/17/19 10:00 AM
Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/17/19 09:50 AM
Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 10/17/19 07:39 AM
Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 10/17/19 07:12 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,807
Posts256,783
Members2,138
Most Online6,944
Yesterday at 10:34 PM
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Re: Girls 2021-10th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #276769
11/19/18 04:52 PM
11/19/18 04:52 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Early games on sat had 20-30 coaches. But games after 5:00pm at LM had very few, some with only 1-2 coaches. Many coaches left LM in the afternoon and posted their attendance at espn for the US/pro games on social media. Obviously an important recruiting year for 2021 class, so disappointing with this missed opportunity


The coaches have other things going on the weekend of President's Cup. It really is a money grab. The coaches see plenty the 2 weeks prior.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2021-10th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #276784
11/19/18 09:16 PM
11/19/18 09:16 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Early games on sat had 20-30 coaches. But games after 5:00pm at LM had very few, some with only 1-2 coaches. Many coaches left LM in the afternoon and posted their attendance at espn for the US/pro games on social media. Obviously an important recruiting year for 2021 class, so disappointing with this missed opportunity


The coaches have other things going on the weekend of President's Cup. It really is a money grab. The coaches see plenty the 2 weeks prior.


I did see many, many games completely void of coaches on the sideline, some with a decent showing. But on the flip side, certain teams and certain match ups were highly attended by the coaches. Certain teams have rosters of many top prospects and when two teams like that play, the coaches from top programs were front and center. By far the best recruiting opportunity of all the tournaments, at least for my daughters team.

Re: Girls 2021-10th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #276786
11/19/18 10:16 PM
11/19/18 10:16 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Issue was sat games after 5:00pm. They created an event with US and pro lax that competed for coach focus 40 minutes away

Re: Girls 2021-10th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #276796
11/20/18 08:59 AM
11/20/18 08:59 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Early games on sat had 20-30 coaches. But games after 5:00pm at LM had very few, some with only 1-2 coaches. Many coaches left LM in the afternoon and posted their attendance at espn for the US/pro games on social media. Obviously an important recruiting year for 2021 class, so disappointing with this missed opportunity


The coaches have other things going on the weekend of President's Cup. It really is a money grab. The coaches see plenty the 2 weeks prior.


I did see many, many games completely void of coaches on the sideline, some with a decent showing. But on the flip side, certain teams and certain match ups were highly attended by the coaches. Certain teams have rosters of many top prospects and when two teams like that play, the coaches from top programs were front and center. By far the best recruiting opportunity of all the tournaments, at least for my daughters team.


This is true but the timing mattered too. M&D and YJ are two of the teams with the top talent in the country. The game was at 4pm Saturday which thinned out the numbers. I wouldn't call it the best recruiting opportunity. There were far more coaches at the exact same game at Prime Time two weeks ago and more coaches at Mid-Atlantic last weekend as well.

Re: Girls 2021-10th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #276972
11/24/18 06:07 PM
11/24/18 06:07 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



So.....we got to see the 2033 turtles today.
The team that has kids that have been on a different team each year.The team that the dads say this team will compete with all the A teams.
They were in a b tourney today at fall brawl.
They pulled off a championship with tremendous struggle all day they even lost a game too.O don’t care how many practices you have it’s still a B team.
So turtle dads please stop putting this team with express a igloo and the bandits.
You have a good b team and be happy with that.
Sorry,Just tired of the bs.

Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2021-10th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #277007
11/25/18 02:13 PM
11/25/18 02:13 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
So.....we got to see the 2033 turtles today.
The team that has kids that have been on a different team each year.The team that the dads say this team will compete with all the A teams.
They were in a b tourney today at fall brawl.
They pulled off a championship with tremendous struggle all day they even lost a game too.O don’t care how many practices you have it’s still a B team.
So turtle dads please stop putting this team with express a igloo and the bandits.
You have a good b team and be happy with that.
Sorry,Just tired of the bs.



So the person with the turtle problem: This is a girls thread, a girls 2021 thread, 2033's have not been born yet and try and just be happy for your kid's health and success.

Re: Girls 2021-10th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #277255
11/28/18 02:35 PM
11/28/18 02:35 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So.....we got to see the 2033 turtles today.
The team that has kids that have been on a different team each year.The team that the dads say this team will compete with all the A teams.
They were in a b tourney today at fall brawl.
They pulled off a championship with tremendous struggle all day they even lost a game too.O don’t care how many practices you have it’s still a B team.
So turtle dads please stop putting this team with express a igloo and the bandits.
You have a good b team and be happy with that.
Sorry,Just tired of the bs.



So the person with the turtle problem: This is a girls thread, a girls 2021 thread, 2033's have not been born yet and try and just be happy for your kid's health and success.

LEAVE!! ha

Re: Girls 2021-10th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #279978
02/07/19 03:48 PM
02/07/19 03:48 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



I'm not sure if everyone is aware, but there is currently a NCAA proposal to change the recruiting calendar to allow contact starting 6/15 after 10th grade and visits and offers to begin 8/1. This would change the current date of 9/1 of junior year for all contact. This proposal has been recommended by the NCAA Student-Athlete Experience Committee for all sports but Football, Basketball, Baseball and Hockey. This proposal was approved for a final vote in April by the NCAA Council. This week the ACC has submitted a request to amend this proposal to keep the 9/1 date for lacrosse. This will now also be voted on in April. I'm not sure if most of you agree, but the current 9/1 date has several issues. First off, we are all forced to blindly spend money for our kids to attend camps, clinics, etc. While we can hear if a school has "general interest" some schools don't even offer that much. Allowing contact on 6/15 would make it possible to have real discussions with the coaches to gauge their actual level of interest, where the player is on their list and other useful information. It also provides an opportunity to being to create a relationship with the coaches that will be coaching your child for 4 years. As you all are aware, the 9/1 date does not remove the recruiting pressure on the kids. Coaches still watch the games years prior to that date. If anything the pressure is worse because the kids have no idea where they stand. Moving the visit date to 8/1 also allows the kids to more easily play fall sports. Most soccer, field hockey, football coaches aren't going to be too thrilled with kids missing Friday and weekend practices or even games because they need to go visit colleges for lacrosse. Coaches say they want multiple sport athletes yet pass rules that make it very difficult to play a fall sport junior year.

It has been expressed to me that it would be very beneficial for as many parents as possible to send letters/emails to the chair of the NCAA council prior to the April vote expressing concerns with the 9/1 date and support for the new proposal which is Proposal 2018-93. I am including the email below for the current and incoming Chairs. I hope we as a community can come together and try to make sure this positive change can pass.

Current Chair:
Blake James bjames@miami.edu
Incoming Chair:
Dr. M. Grace Calhoun athdir@pobox.upenn.edu

Re: Girls 2021-10th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #279987
02/07/19 05:13 PM
02/07/19 05:13 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Great Idea!

Re: Girls 2021-10th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #280898
03/06/19 12:03 PM
03/06/19 12:03 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



The college lacrosse coaches will not let the contact date be moved up because these coaches are now making too much money from their camps.
Coaches want recruiting pushed back because coaches make huge money from the extra two years of camps from the Sophomore and Junior players who now go.
Coaches did not push recruiting back because it "was in the best interest of the players" they pushed it back because "it was in the best interest of coaches' pocketbooks". Follow the money!
Coaches want you to believe it is an amazing coincidence that the extra two months of July and August that the coaches claim "are needed so the players can mature" just happen to be the exact two months when coaches run their camps. What an amazing coincidence!
Players do not magically mature in July & August. It is because July and August are when coaches run their money making camps.
Sorry players, the NCAA, just like US Lacrosse, will put the money before the players.
By the way...
-Proposal 2018-93 is for June 15th contact
-Proposal 2018-93-2 is for Sept 1st contact
Please email:
bjames@miami.edu
athdir@pobox.upenn.edu
and tell them to vote June 15th not Sept 1st

Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2021-10th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #280917
03/06/19 04:06 PM
03/06/19 04:06 PM
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 47
C
cltlax Online content
Back of THE CAGE
cltlax  Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
C

Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 47
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The college lacrosse coaches will not let the contact date be moved up because these coaches are now making too much money from their camps.
Coaches want recruiting pushed back because coaches make huge money from the extra two years of camps from the Sophomore and Junior players who now go.
Coaches did not push recruiting back because it "was in the best interest of the players" they pushed it back because "it was in the best interest of coaches' pocketbooks". Follow the money!
Coaches want you to believe it is an amazing coincidence that the extra two months of July and August that the coaches claim "are needed so the players can mature" just happen to be the exact two months when coaches run their camps. What an amazing coincidence!
Players do not magically mature in July & August. It is because July and August are when coaches run their money making camps.
Sorry players, the NCAA, just like US Lacrosse, will put the money before the players.
By the way...
-Proposal 2018-93 is for June 15th contact
-Proposal 2018-93-2 is for Sept 1st contact
Please email:
bjames@miami.edu
athdir@pobox.upenn.edu
and tell them to vote June 15th not Sept 1st


Copy, paste. On how many more threads do we have to read this?

Re: Girls 2021-10th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #282424
04/02/19 11:00 AM
04/02/19 11:00 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Regarding 2018-93, the $ greedy college coaches want to keep the lacrosse date 9/1 because 9/1 enables coaches to run another round of money making summer camps .
If the date was 6/15 coaches would commit the "true recruits" the coaches were truly interested in on 6/15 and then the 100's of mislead non-recruits would not go to the coaches' money making camps.
The coaches had a stronger argument when they moved recruiting back 3 YEARS. But now the extra 2 MONTHS coaches want are just for the coaches to make money on 2 months of camps.
Players do not miraculously mature in those last 2 months. It is those 2 months the coaches want to make more money from camps.
The lacrosse coaches want 9/1 instead of 6/15 because of $ greed.
As usual US Lacrosse has sold out to the money and the coaches instead of putting the kids first. Let's hope the NCAA puts the kids first this time.
The NCAA needs to stand up to the coaches and make the date 6/15 like the other sports.
email addresses:
bjames@miami.edu
athdir@pobox.upenn.edu
Proposal #'s:
2018-93 is for June 15th contact like other sports
2018-93-2 is Lax Coach Camp $ greed Sept 1

Re: Girls 2021-10th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #282429
04/02/19 11:45 AM
04/02/19 11:45 AM
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 47
C
cltlax Online content
Back of THE CAGE
cltlax  Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
C

Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 47
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Regarding 2018-93, the $ greedy college coaches want to keep the lacrosse date 9/1 because 9/1 enables coaches to run another round of money making summer camps .
If the date was 6/15 coaches would commit the "true recruits" the coaches were truly interested in on 6/15 and then the 100's of mislead non-recruits would not go to the coaches' money making camps.
The coaches had a stronger argument when they moved recruiting back 3 YEARS. But now the extra 2 MONTHS coaches want are just for the coaches to make money on 2 months of camps.
Players do not miraculously mature in those last 2 months. It is those 2 months the coaches want to make more money from camps.
The lacrosse coaches want 9/1 instead of 6/15 because of $ greed.
As usual US Lacrosse has sold out to the money and the coaches instead of putting the kids first. Let's hope the NCAA puts the kids first this time.
The NCAA needs to stand up to the coaches and make the date 6/15 like the other sports.
email addresses:
bjames@miami.edu
athdir@pobox.upenn.edu
Proposal #'s:
2018-93 is for June 15th contact like other sports
2018-93-2 is Lax Coach Camp $ greed Sept 1


Glad I got to read this same post on 4 different threads.

Re: Girls 2021-10th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #282702
04/05/19 03:47 PM
04/05/19 03:47 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



June 15 / Summer is the perfect time to start communicating because school is out and the focus on academics is still months away.
In September, when school starts the focus should be on academics/ACT/SAT etc

Re: Girls 2021-10th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #282714
04/05/19 04:54 PM
04/05/19 04:54 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
June 15 / Summer is the perfect time to start communicating because school is out and the focus on academics is still months away.
In September, when school starts the focus should be on academics/ACT/SAT etc


Worry about what you can control, most of the parents doing all the posting, kids aren't going to get any looks anyway.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11



Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1