BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Girls 2021-10th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
IWLCA Question

I agree that most coaches will be at Disney, however my daughter played at Lake Myrtle for 2 games. 20-25 coaches were lined up in the box and another 10-15 scattered about. Her team went 4-0 as a “B” team, but played some decent talent, none of which were “A” teams, which lends itself to the previous concern about coaches on seeing YJ, SW, M & D, etc. they will be there.

Previous post indicated to hustle your a@@ off which is the best advice. Good luck to all.

My daughter's team is playing this weekend in IWLCA. I am looking at her bracket and the rest of the brackets. I see several with two or more of the teams I consider elite in them and I see many that are comprised of teams that I have never heard of. Unfortunately, my daughter's bracket falls into the latter category. Will there be coaches at all of the games or will the coaches only watch the YJ, Monster, Liberty, Steps, Heroes, Capital, M&D, TLC, Skywalkers... games? I am sure the event will be fun and worth wile regardless but I am hoping that my daughter and her team will be seen. Thank you.

All teams will get looks. There are very good individual players even on some of the lesser competitive teams and the coaches know this. There will also be many coaches from less competitive college programs who would be not spending their time wisely if they only look at the top players from the powerhouse teams. Reality is, just as the students are often over shooting for interest of top programs, there are also programs over shooting for interest from top players. There will be plenty of players and coaches, with opportunities for all.

This is true and good advice however be advised that most coaches stick to the ESPN WWW and do not go over to the games at LM Sports park.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IWLCA Question

My daughter's team is playing this weekend in IWLCA. I am looking at her bracket and the rest of the brackets. I see several with two or more of the teams I consider elite in them and I see many that are comprised of teams that I have never heard of. Unfortunately, my daughter's bracket falls into the latter category. Will there be coaches at all of the games or will the coaches only watch the YJ, Monster, Liberty, Steps, Heroes, Capital, M&D, TLC, Skywalkers... games? I am sure the event will be fun and worth wile regardless but I am hoping that my daughter and her team will be seen. Thank you.

All teams will get looks. There are very good individual players even on some of the lesser competitive teams and the coaches know this. There will also be many coaches from less competitive college programs who would be not spending their time wisely if they only look at the top players from the powerhouse teams. Reality is, just as the students are often over shooting for interest of top programs, there are also programs over shooting for interest from top players. There will be plenty of players and coaches, with opportunities for all.

This is true and good advice however be advised that most coaches stick to the ESPN WWW and do not go over to the games at LM Sports park.

You could not be more wrong. All the best matchups of the top teams are slated for Sat at the lake fields. Every single top school who are targeting the top 2021 prospects will be at that venue Saturday.

Perhaps more accurate to point out that every single 2021 game is scheduled at the Lake fields on Saturday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched M&D v YJ A 2021 team yesterday at LM and not very well attended at all. Our team only had a handful at our later game which was later in the day and similar to other teams at that time. We are a competitive club and have had 20-30 per game at other tournaments. So far this venue has been nothing but a$$$ grab by all. Between IWLCA and the pro-games, it’s just over-hyped.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched M&D v YJ A 2021 team yesterday at LM and not very well attended at all. Our team only had a handful at our later game which was later in the day and similar to other teams at that time. We are a competitive club and have had 20-30 per game at other tournaments. So far this venue has been nothing but a$$$ grab by all. Between IWLCA and the pro-games, it’s just over-hyped.

Can you clarify this post? when you say "not well attended" and "only a handful at later game" and "20-30 at other tournaments" are you referring to college coaches?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Early games on sat had 20-30 coaches. But games after 5:00pm at LM had very few, some with only 1-2 coaches. Many coaches left LM in the afternoon and posted their attendance at espn for the US/pro games on social media. Obviously an important recruiting year for 2021 class, so disappointing with this missed opportunity

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Early games on sat had 20-30 coaches. But games after 5:00pm at LM had very few, some with only 1-2 coaches. Many coaches left LM in the afternoon and posted their attendance at espn for the US/pro games on social media. Obviously an important recruiting year for 2021 class, so disappointing with this missed opportunity

The coaches have other things going on the weekend of President's Cup. It really is a money grab. The coaches see plenty the 2 weeks prior.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coaches have other things going on the weekend of President's Cup. It really is a money grab. The coaches see plenty the 2 weeks prior.

I did see many, many games completely void of coaches on the sideline, some with a decent showing. But on the flip side, certain teams and certain match ups were highly attended by the coaches. Certain teams have rosters of many top prospects and when two teams like that play, the coaches from top programs were front and center. By far the best recruiting opportunity of all the tournaments, at least for my daughters team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Issue was sat games after 5:00pm. They created an event with US and pro lax that competed for coach focus 40 minutes away

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I did see many, many games completely void of coaches on the sideline, some with a decent showing. But on the flip side, certain teams and certain match ups were highly attended by the coaches. Certain teams have rosters of many top prospects and when two teams like that play, the coaches from top programs were front and center. By far the best recruiting opportunity of all the tournaments, at least for my daughters team.

This is true but the timing mattered too. M&D and YJ are two of the teams with the top talent in the country. The game was at 4pm Saturday which thinned out the numbers. I wouldn't call it the best recruiting opportunity. There were far more coaches at the exact same game at Prime Time two weeks ago and more coaches at Mid-Atlantic last weekend as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So.....we got to see the 2033 turtles today.
The team that has kids that have been on a different team each year.The team that the dads say this team will compete with all the A teams.
They were in a b tourney today at fall brawl.
They pulled off a championship with tremendous struggle all day they even lost a game too.O don’t care how many practices you have it’s still a B team.
So turtle dads please stop putting this team with express a igloo and the bandits.
You have a good b team and be happy with that.
Sorry,Just tired of the bs.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The team that has kids that have been on a different team each year.The team that the dads say this team will compete with all the A teams.
They pulled off a championship with tremendous struggle all day they even lost a game too.O don’t care how many practices you have it’s still a B team.
So turtle dads please stop putting this team with express a igloo and the bandits.

So the person with the turtle problem: This is a girls thread, a girls 2021 thread, 2033's have not been born yet and try and just be happy for your kid's health and success.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the person with the turtle problem: This is a girls thread, a girls 2021 thread, 2033's have not been born yet and try and just be happy for your kid's health and success.

LEAVE!! ha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not sure if everyone is aware, but there is currently a NCAA proposal to change the recruiting calendar to allow contact starting 6/15 after 10th grade and visits and offers to begin 8/1. This would change the current date of 9/1 of junior year for all contact. This proposal has been recommended by the NCAA Student-Athlete Experience Committee for all sports but Football, Basketball, Baseball and Hockey. This proposal was approved for a final vote in April by the NCAA Council. This week the ACC has submitted a request to amend this proposal to keep the 9/1 date for lacrosse. This will now also be voted on in April. I'm not sure if most of you agree, but the current 9/1 date has several issues. First off, we are all forced to blindly spend money for our kids to attend camps, clinics, etc. While we can hear if a school has "general interest" some schools don't even offer that much. Allowing contact on 6/15 would make it possible to have real discussions with the coaches to gauge their actual level of interest, where the player is on their list and other useful information. It also provides an opportunity to being to create a relationship with the coaches that will be coaching your child for 4 years. As you all are aware, the 9/1 date does not remove the recruiting pressure on the kids. Coaches still watch the games years prior to that date. If anything the pressure is worse because the kids have no idea where they stand. Moving the visit date to 8/1 also allows the kids to more easily play fall sports. Most soccer, field hockey, football coaches aren't going to be too thrilled with kids missing Friday and weekend practices or even games because they need to go visit colleges for lacrosse. Coaches say they want multiple sport athletes yet pass rules that make it very difficult to play a fall sport junior year.

It has been expressed to me that it would be very beneficial for as many parents as possible to send letters/emails to the chair of the NCAA council prior to the April vote expressing concerns with the 9/1 date and support for the new proposal which is Proposal 2018-93. I am including the email below for the current and incoming Chairs. I hope we as a community can come together and try to make sure this positive change can pass.

Current Chair:
Blake James bjames@miami.edu
Incoming Chair:
Dr. M. Grace Calhoun athdir@pobox.upenn.edu

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great Idea!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The college lacrosse coaches will not let the contact date be moved up because these coaches are now making too much money from their camps.
Coaches want recruiting pushed back because coaches make huge money from the extra two years of camps from the Sophomore and Junior players who now go.
Coaches did not push recruiting back because it "was in the best interest of the players" they pushed it back because "it was in the best interest of coaches' pocketbooks". Follow the money!
Coaches want you to believe it is an amazing coincidence that the extra two months of July and August that the coaches claim "are needed so the players can mature" just happen to be the exact two months when coaches run their camps. What an amazing coincidence!
Players do not magically mature in July & August. It is because July and August are when coaches run their money making camps.
Sorry players, the NCAA, just like US Lacrosse, will put the money before the players.
By the way...
-Proposal 2018-93 is for June 15th contact
-Proposal 2018-93-2 is for Sept 1st contact
Please email:
bjames@miami.edu
athdir@pobox.upenn.edu
and tell them to vote June 15th not Sept 1st

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The college lacrosse coaches will not let the contact date be moved up because these coaches are now making too much money from their camps.
Coaches want recruiting pushed back because coaches make huge money from the extra two years of camps from the Sophomore and Junior players who now go.
Coaches did not push recruiting back because it "was in the best interest of the players" they pushed it back because "it was in the best interest of coaches' pocketbooks". Follow the money!
Coaches want you to believe it is an amazing coincidence that the extra two months of July and August that the coaches claim "are needed so the players can mature" just happen to be the exact two months when coaches run their camps. What an amazing coincidence!
Players do not magically mature in July & August. It is because July and August are when coaches run their money making camps.
Sorry players, the NCAA, just like US Lacrosse, will put the money before the players.
By the way...
-Proposal 2018-93 is for June 15th contact
-Proposal 2018-93-2 is for Sept 1st contact
Please email:
bjames@miami.edu
athdir@pobox.upenn.edu
and tell them to vote June 15th not Sept 1st

Copy, paste. On how many more threads do we have to read this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding 2018-93, the $ greedy college coaches want to keep the lacrosse date 9/1 because 9/1 enables coaches to run another round of money making summer camps .
If the date was 6/15 coaches would commit the "true recruits" the coaches were truly interested in on 6/15 and then the 100's of mislead non-recruits would not go to the coaches' money making camps.
The coaches had a stronger argument when they moved recruiting back 3 YEARS. But now the extra 2 MONTHS coaches want are just for the coaches to make money on 2 months of camps.
Players do not miraculously mature in those last 2 months. It is those 2 months the coaches want to make more money from camps.
The lacrosse coaches want 9/1 instead of 6/15 because of $ greed.
As usual US Lacrosse has sold out to the money and the coaches instead of putting the kids first. Let's hope the NCAA puts the kids first this time.
The NCAA needs to stand up to the coaches and make the date 6/15 like the other sports.
email addresses:
bjames@miami.edu
athdir@pobox.upenn.edu
Proposal #'s:
2018-93 is for June 15th contact like other sports
2018-93-2 is Lax Coach Camp $ greed Sept 1

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Regarding 2018-93, the $ greedy college coaches want to keep the lacrosse date 9/1 because 9/1 enables coaches to run another round of money making summer camps .
If the date was 6/15 coaches would commit the "true recruits" the coaches were truly interested in on 6/15 and then the 100's of mislead non-recruits would not go to the coaches' money making camps.
The coaches had a stronger argument when they moved recruiting back 3 YEARS. But now the extra 2 MONTHS coaches want are just for the coaches to make money on 2 months of camps.
Players do not miraculously mature in those last 2 months. It is those 2 months the coaches want to make more money from camps.
The lacrosse coaches want 9/1 instead of 6/15 because of $ greed.
As usual US Lacrosse has sold out to the money and the coaches instead of putting the kids first. Let's hope the NCAA puts the kids first this time.
The NCAA needs to stand up to the coaches and make the date 6/15 like the other sports.
email addresses:
bjames@miami.edu
athdir@pobox.upenn.edu
Proposal #'s:
2018-93 is for June 15th contact like other sports
2018-93-2 is Lax Coach Camp $ greed Sept 1

Glad I got to read this same post on 4 different threads.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
June 15 / Summer is the perfect time to start communicating because school is out and the focus on academics is still months away.
In September, when school starts the focus should be on academics/ACT/SAT etc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
June 15 / Summer is the perfect time to start communicating because school is out and the focus on academics is still months away.

Worry about what you can control, most of the parents doing all the posting, kids aren't going to get any looks anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[June 15 / Summer is the perfect time to start communicating because school is out and the focus on academics is still months away.
In September, when school starts the focus should be on academics/ACT/SAT etc[/quote]

Worry about what you can control, most of the parents doing all the posting, kids aren't going to get any looks anyway.

Agreed! It's a shame that they are leading these kids on to go to more camps. Money for travel team, hotels, travel costs, camps, tournaments - on and on. The NCAA needs to stand up to the coaches and say enough is enough, let the kids find out where they truly stand in June before another round of payments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[June 15 / Summer is the perfect time to start communicating because school is out and the focus on academics is still months away.

Agreed! It's a shame that they are leading these kids on to go to more camps. Money for travel team, hotels, travel costs, camps, tournaments - on and on. The NCAA needs to stand up to the coaches and say enough is enough, let the kids find out where they truly stand in June before another round of payments.
[/quote]

Please explain what exactly coaches are doing to lead your daughter on? Give specifics. I hope it is more than a "personalized" email sent to every girl in a program's database. I don't think some of you understand just how many girls never attend a summer camp at schools they receive offers from, and some don't attend summer camp at the school they commit to until after committing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was summer genesis for everyone?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is Legacy in the A bracket?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why do you care? stop stirring the pot!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They weren't. You aren't in A bracket unless you are with Skywalkers, M&D and YJ. Legacy was in the second bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Were there many college coaches at Summer Genesis?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Were there many college coaches at Summer Genesis?

There were 30-40 watching the top teams most games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. I saw lots of colleges there: Maryland, Michigan, Florida, Hopkins, UPenn, Loyola, Denver, ECU, Cincinnatti, Colorado, Richmond, Wagner, Penn State, Boston College...to name a few.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tournament organizers tend to bunch the top teams together. It looks like for Live, Love, Lax, the top 2021 teams are spread out among 4 of the pools. Curious as to the motivation for doing that. This is not a tournament with a playoff so why not put the top teams together?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tournament organizers tend to bunch the top teams together. It looks like for Live, Love, Lax, the top 2021 teams are spread out among 4 of the pools. Curious as to the motivation for doing that. This is not a tournament with a playoff so why not put the top teams together?

Totally agree. I think it's pretty common knowledge that YJ, M&D and SW are the best 3 teams in this age. Why are they in separate divisions in a showcase? All three of them have pretty easy games for the most part and should win them by close to double digits. Not sure what coaches learn about the girls watching them play lesser teams. The divisions were setup like there would be playoffs where the top teams could meet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally agree. I think it's pretty common knowledge that YJ, M&D and SW are the best 3 teams in this age. Why are they in separate divisions in a showcase? All three of them have pretty easy games for the most part and should win them by close to double digits. Not sure what coaches learn about the girls watching them play lesser teams. The divisions were setup like there would be playoffs where the top teams could meet.

Capital Blue looks very, very good. They have to be considered one of the top teams in this age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They weren't. You aren't in A bracket unless you are with Skywalkers, M&D and YJ. Legacy was in the second bracket.

Liberty did better than Legacy this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe, but steve is working hard for our girls, can they say the same?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crickets!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crickets!

What's there to talk about? Neither Liberty or Legacy play in LFTC

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
STEPS Blue 2021 wins LFTC. Beat Yellow Jackets Rose in semi and then Capital Blue in final.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by laxnovice
STEPS Blue 2021 wins LFTC. Beat Yellow Jackets Rose in semi and then Capital Blue in final.

Maybe one year Steps will actually play in the A division and have to beat good teams in full games to get to playoffs instead of winning a couple short games by stalling.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe one year Steps will actually play in the A division and have to beat good teams in full games to get to playoffs instead of winning a couple short games by stalling.

Or.... congrats to them, all the best teams were there and they managed to come out on top. Don’t think it rewrites the pecking order, but good for them for winning. Most surprised by the M&D win over Skywalkers. Goes to show you, any given Sunday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or.... congrats to them, all the best teams were there and they managed to come out on top. Don’t think it rewrites the pecking order, but good for them for winning. Most surprised by the M&D win over Skywalkers. Goes to show you, any given Sunday.

Why would that be surprising? While SW has won the last couple years the games were always close and many times SW had to come back late to win. Prior to that M&D dominated them. Not like M&D suddenly forgot how to play lacrosse.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard