BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,665
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 69 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is it that you do not get?

You do not have to go to the tryouts or play for any of the club teams.

Come to think of it, you don't have to play at all.

Is your Town Team Free?

If my Town Team did everything my club team did, the cost for the town team would be approximately $1500 - $2,000. (that does not include the private and or small group lessons recommended by the coach).

Fall league, fall tournaments, winter in-house, winter league, winter practice time, spring in-house, spring PAL, spring tournaments, summer in-house, summer tournaments, paid coaches, uniform, recommended private training etc...

Hotels, gas, tolls, food etc.. cost the same regardless of Team.

It all adds up, and it’s not free.

Stop complaining, you are not forced to do any of it.

The market will drive the price, as long as people are willing to pay, the clubs will continue to charge the fee.

Stop complaining, if you do not like it simply don’t go.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

What is it that you do not get?

You do not have to go to the tryouts or play for any of the club teams.

Come to think of it, you don't have to play at all.

Is your Town Team Free?

If my Town Team did everything my club team did, the cost for the town team would be approximately $1500 - $2,000. (that does not include the private and or small group lessons recommended by the coach).

Fall league, fall tournaments, winter in-house, winter league, winter practice time, spring in-house, spring PAL, spring tournaments, summer in-house, summer tournaments, paid coaches, uniform, recommended private training etc...

Hotels, gas, tolls, food etc.. cost the same regardless of Team.

It all adds up, and it’s not free.

Stop complaining, you are not forced to do any of it.

The market will drive the price, as long as people are willing to pay, the clubs will continue to charge the fee.

Stop complaining, if you do not like it simply don’t go.
In theory every spot is open at tryouts. Now we all know that is not reality, so you play along and pay $100-$200 and you get a pinnie and 2-3 2 hour tryouts that you can view as practices. Do the clubs make money off this, yes. But who cares, now you make the team and stroke a check for $2,000 and then along the way pay another $2,000 in extras and travel, so you are into your team for $4,000 really the $100-$200 is no big deal. I think the people who comakn about tryout fees are the ones who played on the team last year and are affraid of being cut this year and know that they wi need to attend 3-4 tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I understand not being happy about the $$, i just don't understand complaining about it.

Why doesn't someone simply approach the players who they believe are the strongest and ask them to play on "their" team.

Divide the cost of everything by the number of players and move on?

indoor time, coaches, tournaments, insurance, uniforms, league fee, training, speed and agility, admin, etc..

What is the "net profit" per team?

It looks to me that it is a volume based business.

Club Team, Town Team, Hand Picked Select Team.. They all cost money.

If you removed the profit, what would the savings be per player??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the top 10 teams in this age group are:
1. RVC futures
2. checkmate sharks
3. long island Pride
4. Green Machine
5. Millon Force
6. Vipers
7. Freeport PAL
8. Dune Dogs
9. 91 navy
10. Recon Force

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you covered just about everything... EXCEPT your 91 or Express Letter head...

try not to be so obvious next post, when you try to Sell the so called benefits of why parents of a 6th grade B team player is priviledged to pay only $4,000/yr for your greedy club

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
which age group and tournament is from the listed teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

try not to be so obvious next post, when you try to Sell the so called benefits of why parents of a 6th grade B team player is priviledged to pay only $4,000/yr for your greedy club

Again!! If you don't like them, Don't play for a private club.

You can keep complaining and resenting the fact that people are profiting from a business but I don't see you providing an alternative.

I will ask the question again.

If all profit were removed, how much less would it cost per kid?

What would the savings be?

Stop complaining, stop trying to make the clubs that you dislike out to be evil.

Start your own team or club, put in the time and the effort and do it for free.

At the very least, tell us all what the savings would be.

My guess is; you will do nothing. No, I am wrong... You will keep complaining.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the top 10 teams in this age group are:
1. RVC futures
2. checkmate sharks
3. long island Pride
4. Green Machine
5. Millon Force
6. Vipers
7. Freeport PAL
8. Dune Dogs
9. 91 navy
10. Recon Force

Lmao

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reason you dont hear about the alternatives is because if you found that diamond in the rough - why spoil it.

Again!! If you don't like them, Don't play for a private club.

You can keep complaining and resenting the fact that people are profiting from a business but I don't see you providing an alternative.

I will ask the question again.

If all profit were removed, how much less would it cost per kid?

What would the savings be?

Stop complaining, stop trying to make the clubs that you dislike out to be evil.

Start your own team or club, put in the time and the effort and do it for free.

At the very least, tell us all what the savings would be.

My guess is; you will do nothing. No, I am wrong... You will keep complaining.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know this post was a joke, but can someone actually do it? Name the top 10 teams at this age group for real.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To Mr Defensive Club Owner or Mr insecure B team parent (cant figure which),

please note - club teams that charge < $50 per tryout are excluded from the gouging catagory
club teams that charge < $1000 for B, level teams, cogradulate your selves for providing extra youth lax without exploiting parents....

the anwer to your question of cost VS Profit = simple math
cost-
pinney- $10 x 600 = $6,000
revenue per player @ $70x 600 = $42,000

Not Bad for 1 day of try out... Oh yeah, i forgot to back out the 10 evaluator make $200 per day...$42,000- $8,000 = $34,000 net profit without the season starting

tournament cost $1000 x 5 tournaments = $5,000
summer coach cost = $4,000
uniforms $60x 25 player = $1,300
Estimated total cost per summer club team = $10,300

TOTAL AVERAGE COST PER LAX CLUB PLAYER = $412!!!!
(plus equiptment cost if helments are included)

So at $1,500 per kid x 25 players per Club team = $25,000 profit per team x 3 teams per grade x 6 grades = $450,000 estimated club profit per summer tourament team - not bad for a part time gig...

Now... Everyone can fairly evaluate the relative value of their son's summer lax club team

I can say I'm happy with my Club. are you happy with yours??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know this post was a joke, but can someone actually do it? Name the top 10 teams at this age group for real.

Can't get the colleges let alone the high schools right, what makes you think anybody's opinion of top 10 matters at this age?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To Mr Defensive Club Owner or Mr insecure B team parent (cant figure which),

please note - club teams that charge < $50 per tryout are excluded from the gouging catagory
club teams that charge < $1000 for B, level teams, cogradulate your selves for providing extra youth lax without exploiting parents....

the anwer to your question of cost VS Profit = simple math
cost-
pinney- $10 x 600 = $6,000
revenue per player @ $70x 600 = $42,000

Not Bad for 1 day of try out... Oh yeah, i forgot to back out the 10 evaluator make $200 per day...$42,000- $8,000 = $34,000 net profit without the season starting

tournament cost $1000 x 5 tournaments = $5,000
summer coach cost = $4,000
uniforms $60x 25 player = $1,300
Estimated total cost per summer club team = $10,300

TOTAL AVERAGE COST PER LAX CLUB PLAYER = $412!!!!
(plus equiptment cost if helments are included)

So at $1,500 per kid x 25 players per Club team = $25,000 profit per team x 3 teams per grade x 6 grades = $450,000 estimated club profit per summer tourament team - not bad for a part time gig...

Now... Everyone can fairly evaluate the relative value of their son's summer lax club team

I can say I'm happy with my Club. are you happy with yours??

Again, can’t answer the question honestly.

Tournament Cost:

- Tri State: $2,100
- LI laxFest: $1,475
- Patriot Games: $1,450
- Stony Brook Clash: $1,350
- Crab Fest: $3,125 –($125 per player)

Total: $10,500

Crabfest appears to be out of line, I have never been to it so I do not know if it is worth the extra $$.

You say $4000 for a coach, I think most teams have two coaches. Two coaches would bring the cost to $8,000. (I do not know what they pay coaches so I am using your numbers)

My question was not how much $$ a club earns from tryout fees.

I asked the following: all things being equal, what would the savings be per player
if profit were removed?

Stop counting other peoples money and answer the question.

How much would a parent save if there were no profit for the club?

I don’t care how much money a club makes, I want to know what the parent could save?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cost per player is $350-$500

(average tournament cost last year $1000, no team is paying both coaches $4,000 for 12 practices and 5 tournaments)... the club owners usually take a team, and pay a college kid $1,500 for the season/ parent coaches are volunteers usually (until now), so $4,000 total is a converative number.

If you an A team player, without a good town program, it is worth playing the money for a Club A team with a good coach against to compete against good competition.

Parents are now learning that there are great Club choices available for A Club teams without paying $1,800-$2,700...

If you are a B team player, play with your town team, and put that money to better use...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cost per player is $350-$500

(average tournament cost last year $1000, no team is paying both coaches $4,000 for 12 practices and 5 tournaments)... the club owners usually take a team, and pay a college kid $1,500 for the season/ parent coaches are volunteers usually (until now), so $4,000 total is a converative number.

If you an A team player, without a good town program, it is worth playing the money for a Club A team with a good coach against to compete against good competition.

Parents are now learning that there are great Club choices available for A Club teams without paying $1,800-$2,700...

If you are a B team player, play with your town team, and put that money to better use...

You people are amazing! The numbers being used are so far off (in both directions) & you are missing so many small details that add up. Granted these organizations are making money (it is a business) but, its not as simple as your posts would have us believe. Start your own team & let us know in two years how it goes for you...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just to change it up.......so middle school lax starts ! Any word on which schools will have top teams? Also wondering,What is the average size of a middle school team? Do coaches cut?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just to change it up.......so middle school lax starts ! Any word on which schools will have top teams? Also wondering,What is the average size of a middle school team? Do coaches cut?

Manhasset middle school Turtles will beat most high school varsities.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can Manhasset Middle School beat Syosset?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably not. Manhasset prides itself on participation rates not wins and losses. They will be lucky to pull off a few wins vs port.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's see what happens at Top Rank tournament this weekend. Manhasset 7th grade (8th grade/2017) did not win the tournament last year, Smithtown did. Summit NJ also gave them a good game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's see what happens at Top Rank tournament this weekend. Manhasset 7th grade (8th grade/2017) did not win the tournament last year, Smithtown did. Summit NJ also gave them a good game.

Is this a school team tournament or club? If its the Manhasset Maveriks/32 then that will not include the kids from the Turtles, which makes a huge difference. If it does include the Turtle players, Manhasset will take the whole thing easily.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles are good as a team, but not as good individually. CSH Middle School team will prove that when they play Manhasset. It is true Manhasset prides itself on participation AND seniority. That's why you may not aleays see the best players on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this a school team tournament or club? If its the Manhasset Maveriks/32 then that will not include the kids from the Turtles, which makes a huge difference. If it does include the Turtle players, Manhasset will take the whole thing easily.

Manhasset Turtles kids (and kids from other club teams) played on Manhasset team in last year's Top Rank Tournament for 2017 age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles are good as a team, but not as good individually. CSH Middle School team will prove that when they play Manhasset. It is true Manhasset prides itself on participation AND seniority. That's why you may not aleays see the best players on the field.

They aim to get high participation rates in the hopes that translates to more votes for the budget.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hold on there, Mr Mahasset Booster Lax Coach Daddy: Take a big breath of reality and recall, if you will, without revisionist history blurring your memory; those same Manhasset turtles lost two games each (=4 games) to CSH and GC middle schools amongst other schools as well, last season, so don't expect much more of them this season without the rest of their supporting cast.

Thus your "beat most varsity's" statement is severely flawed and unsubstantiated wishful thinking at best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hold on there, Mr Mahasset Booster Lax Coach Daddy: Take a big breath of reality and recall, if you will, without revisionist history blurring your memory; those same Manhasset turtles lost two games each (=4 games) to CSH and GC middle schools amongst other schools as well, last season, so don't expect much more of them this season without the rest of their supporting cast.

Thus your "beat most varsity's" statement is severely flawed and unsubstantiated wishful thinking at best.

with all due respect. I think you are arguing with a kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northport and Harborfields are pretty good in their league last year,
commack is good... also depends on how many players are playing up to JV

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
middle school usually carries 40 kids, and there usually are cuts if the numbers are higher than 45 kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My sons middle school has a 7/8th grade team due to budget cuts. Last year every single team they played was a strictly 8th grade team though and they went 9-0 with the closest game being a 7 goal win.

There are about 75 kids trying out this year and they will carry 30-32 on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could be they lost to CSH because the BEST player the Turtles have is from... thats right CSH. He is playing Varsity this year and is playing a lot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could be they lost to CSH because the BEST player the Turtles have is from... thats right CSH. He is playing Varsity this year and is playing a lot.

he's not just good...he's great. Duke bound for sure.

but how does that explain their two losses to GC MS? perhaps the manhasset contingency is all hype and not as good as they think? the results speak for themselves...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

but how does that explain their two losses to GC MS? perhaps the manhasset contingency is all hype and not as good as they think? the results speak for themselves...

and the score of the Manhasset vs CSH varsity game was?????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Commack has a couple of 8th moved to Varsity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Commack has a couple of 8th moved to Varsity.

Who cares? Commack is not a very strong H.S. program compared to Garden City, Manhasset, Chaminade, St. Anthiny's, West Islip, etc. Not really comparable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northport undefeated last year. Only one boy moved to jv

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northport undefeated last year. Only one boy moved to jv

All this back and forth about MS lax means nothing. It only matters when they get to Varsity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All this back and forth about MS lax means nothing. It only matters when they get to Varsity.

AMEN!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and the score of the Manhasset vs CSH varsity game was?????

it's a 2017 thread, genius...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is truly hilarious. as a 2017 player all of you parents dont realize that u r laughing stocks for us kids at all long island middle schools. You parents literally get in fights over which team is better and which kid is better. You are truly pathetic with all your posts. So super turtle dads, keep doing what your doing so me and my buddies can laugh at the shallowness and immaturity

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a lot of debate and speculation about the best teams in this age group has gone on and i am sure that this is the true lineup in this age group:

1. checkmate sharks
2. Freeport PAL
3. Long Island pride
4. Recon force
5. 91 stampede
6. Baldwin PAL
7. Beach Bums
8. Havoc Dune Dogs
9. Tomahawks
10. Turtles

* Another great team in this age group is the Buffalo Wild Wings from Baltimore M.D., They beat the turtles 14-0 in an extreme blow out so look them up*

Like Reply Quote
Page 30 of 69 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard