Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I've heard the south is gonna rise again too.

Nobody cares about the dredges of the league in assapopalous. Take this boring drivel somewhere else.

St. Mary's won the League convincingly in 2015. Severn would have knocked off Loyola last year in the playoffs if their star wasn't such a "black hole". The "South" as you call is it is alive and well.

Plus.... never forget... Spalding... Spalding... SPALDING!

Yes, Spalding is on the rise super-analyst. Easy to pick the winners after you've counted your cards, much harder 2 years in advance.

All of your post is very confusing but especially "Spalding is on the rise"?

This last time that team was on the field they were wrapping up a 2-8 season with a home loss to John Carroll. The exact opposite of on the rise. Thankfully, helicopter dads with red cups and stars in their eyes don't actually get to declare who is on the rise. Show it to us on the field and we will be happy to buy into it.

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #280032
02/10/19 08:22 AM
02/10/19 08:22 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of your post is very confusing but especially "Spalding is on the rise"?

This last time that team was on the field they were wrapping up a 2-8 season with a home loss to John Carroll. The exact opposite of on the rise. Thankfully, helicopter dads with red cups and stars in their eyes don't actually get to declare who is on the rise. Show it to us on the field and we will be happy to buy into it.

👏🏻

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: TommyM] #280044
02/10/19 08:57 PM
02/10/19 08:57 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spalding in the rise? LOL. They blow - always have and always will. Go back to the B division and stop wasting all the other teams’ time.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #280045
02/10/19 09:58 PM
02/10/19 09:58 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spalding in the rise? LOL. They blow - always have and always will. Go back to the B division and stop wasting all the other teams’ time.

Jealous that your son didnt make their team. hit The Wall !!

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #280067
02/11/19 02:33 PM
02/11/19 02:33 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son would never go to that glorified public. Save your money and go to Severna Park. They have plenty of walls and beat Spalding anyway.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #280087
02/12/19 08:39 AM
02/12/19 08:39 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son would never go to that glorified public. Save your money and go to Severna Park. They have plenty of walls and beat Spalding anyway.

Comical to think that anyone would be jealous of that school or anyone in that school. Even if somehow they miraculously start to win there will be no one on the outside wishing they were a part of it. Hopefully the kids can find separation from their parents at some point so they can find some success. When the coaching staff and parents are drinking the same kool aid it will be very difficult.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: TommyM] #280088
02/12/19 08:49 AM
02/12/19 08:49 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MIAA-
Pre Season Poll

Calvert Hall
Mcdonogh
St. Marys
Boys Latin
Loyola
Gilman
St Pauls
St Joes
Severn
Spalding
Carroll

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #280107
02/12/19 03:11 PM
02/12/19 03:11 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just a crazy scene. Most of the kids were signed,sealed,delivered to St Mary's. Most were already there. The Hawks Coach who nonstop talks about accountability, yada yada did not like that St Mary's held his own accountable so he took his ball and left. No big deal but he convinced many others that the koolaid would be great and sugary at Spalding. It is all set up to make GI Joe look like a genius by building it up why he is there and then letting it crash when he leaves. How many 2023 Hawks are going there? Not sure Phipps is really allowed to recruit any of them especially the same positions as the 2022 Hawks

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #280110
02/12/19 03:37 PM
02/12/19 03:37 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just a crazy scene. Most of the kids were signed,sealed,delivered to St Mary's. Most were already there. The Hawks Coach who nonstop talks about accountability, yada yada did not like that St Mary's held his own accountable so he took his ball and left. No big deal but he convinced many others that the koolaid would be great and sugary at Spalding. It is all set up to make GI Joe look like a genius by building it up why he is there and then letting it crash when he leaves. How many 2023 Hawks are going there? Not sure Phipps is really allowed to recruit any of them especially the same positions as the 2022 Hawks

Phipps made a deal with the devil...

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #280117
02/12/19 05:34 PM
02/12/19 05:34 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They only have a few players from that club. Some were very good club players but as all the kids grew and caught up to them they fell back with the pack of very good lacrosse players. I think St Johns has a few from that team as well but in the end many of the other kids from the HOCO league caught up to them by the time summer started last year. What that shows is how important practice is and with the kids practicing everyday in high school it will be much different. I hope they all have very successful starts to the high school season. I will give one word of advice do not take a spot on a varsity team unless your son is a STARTER. They will learn more from playing in games not watching and waiting. The JV teams are very good and they will get better playing.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #280124
02/13/19 05:42 AM
02/13/19 05:42 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Hawks 2022 glory days were before all the other kids at 2022 hit puberty. "The Hawks go to Spalding" will not be a prime time event.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #280140
02/13/19 12:53 PM
02/13/19 12:53 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They only have a few players from that club. Some were very good club players but as all the kids grew and caught up to them they fell back with the pack of very good lacrosse players. I think St Johns has a few from that team as well but in the end many of the other kids from the HOCO league caught up to them by the time summer started last year. What that shows is how important practice is and with the kids practicing everyday in high school it will be much different. I hope they all have very successful starts to the high school season. I will give one word of advice do not take a spot on a varsity team unless your son is a STARTER. They will learn more from playing in games not watching and waiting. The JV teams are very good and they will get better playing.

They got 9 of the best Hawks players. The 2nd tier went to St John's. Still very good players but not the top guys

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #280144
02/13/19 01:40 PM
02/13/19 01:40 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They got 9 of the best Hawks players. The 2nd tier went to St John's. Still very good players but not the top guys

LOL, Grading kids out in 8th grade is "Fools Gold". If you give me 15 very good 8th graders, 8-10 pan out (start for a top 6 MIAA or comparable public school champion) in high school and 4 start on a top 20 D1 roster. Unless both parents and all of the siblings are Olympic (eg. Carl Lewis) or D1 athletes, no one knows for sure.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #280145
02/13/19 01:42 PM
02/13/19 01:42 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None of the 23 Hawks are good enough

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #280163
02/13/19 08:07 PM
02/13/19 08:07 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best players went to St. John’s 2nd tier went to Spalding along with API 2nd tier players.

Reply Quote
Page 80 of 82 1 2 78 79 80 81 82
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification