Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
Anonymous #279122 01/14/19 06:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI dads say what you want. Our boys can’t wait to keep kicking your boys up and down the field as we have for the past 4 years when they were all pre-pubescent! Now it just stands out even more how dominating it is to you guys. Get use to it bc your boys will always be behind. Tell Johnny to go to the carport and start doing some benching and curls with the cinderblocks (ps...make sure the car up on the jack doesn’t fall on him). Btw, my sons a winter 05 birthdate and he’s been rolling your kids for years as a starter. Give it up and go complain about something else. And here’s another tidbit for some parenting advise, try not to take these beatdowns that your boys are experiencing personally and don’t take it out on them. They really need to get use to being second best from here on out...it’s just reality.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #279128 01/14/19 08:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
LI dads say what you want. Our boys can’t wait to keep kicking your boys up and down the field as we have for the past 4 years when they were all pre-pubescent! Now it just stands out even more how dominating it is to you guys. Get use to it bc your boys will always be behind. Tell Johnny to go to the carport and start doing some benching and curls with the cinderblocks (ps...make sure the car up on the jack doesn’t fall on him). Btw, my sons a winter 05 birthdate and he’s been rolling your kids for years as a starter. Give it up and go complain about something else. And here’s another tidbit for some parenting advise, try not to take these beatdowns that your boys are experiencing personally and don’t take it out on them. They really need to get use to being second best from here on out...it’s just reality.

Oh really??

Keep up the BS, but facts speak louder than BS...

2024 Long Island Express NLF 2018 National Champions, victorious over 2023/2022 Madlax DC.

Madlax plays down 2 years and still can’t win.

Pathetic slime.

Anonymous #279133 01/14/19 09:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not against the rules. Don't play against them if you are so concerned.

A double hold back is one thing, but a pre first kid at a private school isn't a sinister plot to overthrow LI.
Yes, it might be a disguised money grab for the schools, but generally parents don't have any recourse if the
school makes the decision. The decision is usually based on a kids maturity level and not so much on academic performance.

This post typifies the Madlax hold back parent absolutely perfectly!! Dude. A kid that starts school a year later, is a year older than his peers. He’s a holdback. Not a “sort of” holdback. A full fledged cheating holdback. Since ALL Madlax DC prep school kids are a year older from starting school a year late, they don’t see them as holdbacks. They think only their kids that start school a year late AND are then held back AGAIN are real holdbacks, of which they have many! Those kids will be 15 years old this year! On LI these kids would be 2022’s and FRESHMAN IN HIGH SCHOOL! You people have very twisted minds.

Yeah. And the good freshman play HS varsity. So if your double holdbacks are as good as you say they are, they should be playing for their high school varsity team, not against a bunch of pre-puberty 7th grade children. Disgusting cheats

In the rare event that a prefirst kid is held back a second time, it wouldn't happen until the rest of the team starts 9th grade. That's when these kids change private schools and repeat 8th grade. So your pre puberty 7th graders are safe.

Thanks for the holdback tip, Madlax holdback parent. Much appreciated. I’m not up on the science (or is it an art) of holdbackdom, so I appreciate the information. But what about those exceptions like your new acquisition this year, the 6’1” midi/FO behemoth that played for the 2023 DC Dogs last year? That young “man” is 15 years old. Guess not all holdbacks play by the same rules. What would you call him, since he didn’t follow your rule?? A cheating double holdback??

Anonymous #279134 01/14/19 09:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh really??

Keep up the BS, but facts speak louder than BS...

2024 Long Island Express NLF 2018 National Champions, victorious over 2023/2022 Madlax DC.

Madlax plays down 2 years and still can’t win.

Pathetic slime.

Still waiting for a Madlax response to this...

Facts are pretty hard to spin, huh? How bout this... the sun was in their eyes, the balls were deflated, the boys were tired, the refs were against us (that’s always a great one!). If you need any more, let me know.

Anonymous #279144 01/14/19 10:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you actually watch the game on ESPN? They didn't have the names of at least 3 of the players on Express because they were added specifically for that game at the last minute. Don't think those same boys showed up in Delaware in November where the "same" Express team got rolled by Madlax. Now that I think of it, Taz also got rolled at that tournament. But I heard a lot of their boys have bolted for the Wolfpack. Would be nice if those guys showed up now and again.

Sponsored Links
TM@BOTC #279145 01/14/19 11:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Point out for me the last time Taz and Wolfpack beat Madlax. And also highlight for me the number of times Madlax has beaten them since their last win. 6 months? 12 months? You LI daddies live too far in the past. Pretty simple....just get some 2024 grad year players.

Anonymous #279172 01/15/19 02:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Point out for me the last time Taz and Wolfpack beat Madlax. And also highlight for me the number of times Madlax has beaten them since their last win. 6 months? 12 months? You LI daddies live too far in the past. Pretty simple....just get some 2024 grad year players.

2024 Long Island Express - 2018 NLF National Champions vs 2023/2022 Madlax DC - July 2018

Anonymous #279176 01/15/19 02:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t know anything about WP or Taz, but my kid s 24 Express team beat your holdbacks in the last NLF tourney of the summer last year. Is that recent enough for you? What do you have to say about that? But seriously, why doesn’t Madlax ever play on age. Playing all your games down is gutless.

Anonymous #279186 01/15/19 05:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t know anything about WP or Taz, but my kid s 24 Express team beat your holdbacks in the last NLF tourney of the summer last year. Is that recent enough for you? What do you have to say about that? But seriously, why doesn’t Madlax ever play on age. Playing all your games down is gutless.

Sure is. What would happen if Madlax ever played on age, would your kids cry? Pee their little holdback pull-ups? Go running home to mommy??

Anonymous #279193 01/15/19 06:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Point out for me the last time Taz and Wolfpack beat Madlax. And also highlight for me the number of times Madlax has beaten them since their last win. 6 months? 12 months? You LI daddies live too far in the past. Pretty simple....just get some 2024 grad year players.

A lot of teams are comprised of various age levels. Until it's regulated, there is nothing we can do about it

Sponsored Links
TM@BOTC #279195 01/15/19 07:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not sue why this kid continues to scream about holdbacks? The 2 leagues follow distinctly different rules and eligibility. It's time to move on.

TM@BOTC #279196 01/15/19 07:28 PM
B
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
B
Let's stop discussing holdbacks and discuss about other things pertaining to the 2024 grads.

TM@BOTC #279197 01/15/19 07:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So right, Express beat Madlax at NLF....congrats. And then Madlax destroyed them in Delaware at the NAL in November....or did you forget the second half of the question. Remind me how many times Express has beaten Madlax again?

Anonymous #279199 01/15/19 08:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So right, Express beat Madlax at NLF....congrats. And then Madlax destroyed them in Delaware at the NAL in November....or did you forget the second half of the question. Remind me how many times Express has beaten Madlax again?

Correct. Express wins. Then Madlax wins. Then Express wins. That's what happens when competitive teams play each other. No argument there. In fact, no argument at all. Just the same question. Why isn't a team with 2023 aged kids, with some 2022's thrown in, a whole lot better than they are?? We know you can play down and compete with 2024 aged teams, for now anyway (that will change soon enough). But, with an older team like that, none of these games should be remotely competitive. What's the problem? Here's another question, why is a 2024 team, with 2023 and 2022 aged kids, playing in the 2024 bracket at all? Wouldn't you want to play up, albeit on-age, to challenge yourselves?? I guess it's really not playing up, since you'd be playing kids your own age (ok, you'd have a few kids that would be older), but at least you wouldn't be playing down every game. Are your kids afraid to play kids their own age? Is that the problem?

TM@BOTC #279201 01/15/19 09:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. There are no 2022 aged kids on Madlax 2024.

2. About 1/3 of Madlax plays private, the rest are public school kids

3. Madlax kids are from DC, not Baltimore.

4. DC based private schools have 5 year old kindergartners, not 6 year olds

5. By your math, Madlax 24 kids would be 19 years old before the beginning of their sr year of high school. That's not possible or allowed.

Sorry your team loses to Madlax 24. Trust me that the only ones who care are lacrosse dads. You guys look silly.

Page 16 of 47 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard