BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,679
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 69 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Mule? Why are you saying he should pick 17 kids from TB, terp black and 91? Now Mule is the best evaluator of talent? Listen if you said take the best 10 from TB and best 10 from terps black NOW its another animal! 91 isn't in that mix! TB crushed them, not just 8-4 but a beating. If terps black beat TB twice, what do you think terps black would do to 91?

TB and Terps black in a different category than 91, as far as turtles it would be a good game between TB & turtles or terps black & turtles. Not a "blow out" either way.

I will say this about Mule, at least he stayed and watch the two teams play in the championship, several of us saw JD leave before it started.

Were you at the 91 VS TB game? It was 7-5 & TB won the game by out playing 91 that day, period. TB outplayed Terps Black in the first game also! I dont care if it was cut short, they outplayed Terps! No one is on here saying "they took a beating" or got "crushed". Have some class. These are 13 year old boys & even they know enough not to trash talk eachother. There is some amazing talent @ this age level on several different LI teams. It just takes the obnoxious Express "Lax daddy" to turn this to s*#t! To take 91 (or fl$ or any other team) out of the running & to annoint yourselves in another level because you won a March tournament is pathetic!

I'd like to share an observation. I had noticed how nice it was to see boys from 3 or more clubs rally around a hurt comrade on the field as he was taken away among lights and siren. Just wish that I had thought to shoot a photo. Keep it up, boys. It's kind of a shame that the "High End team" (which is so typically target of such BS on here) can't be part of these gatherings. Once more- the boys are fine with one another. The parents are threatened.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this point the Turtles are so far beyond beating up on local teams just for the heck of it. Unless college coaches are watching, Turtles are not interested.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this point the Turtles are so far beyond beating up on local teams just for the heck of it. Unless college coaches are watching, Turtles are not interested.
fair enough. good evening

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mule? Why are you saying he should pick 17 kids from TB, terp black and 91? Now Mule is the best evaluator of talent? Listen if you said take the best 10 from TB and best 10 from terps black NOW its another animal! 91 isn't in that mix! TB crushed them, not just 8-4 but a beating. If terps black beat TB twice, what do you think terps black would do to 91?

TB and Terps black in a different category than 91, as far as turtles it would be a good game between TB & turtles or terps black & turtles. Not a "blow out" either way.

I will say this about Mule, at least he stayed and watch the two teams play in the championship, several of us saw JD leave before it started.

Were you at the 91 VS TB game? It was 7-5 & TB won the game by out playing 91 that day, period. TB outplayed Terps Black in the first game also! I dont care if it was cut short, they outplayed Terps! No one is on here saying "they took a beating" or got "crushed". Have some class. These are 13 year old boys & even they know enough not to trash talk eachother. There is some amazing talent @ this age level on several different LI teams. It just takes the obnoxious Express "Lax daddy" to turn this to s*#t! To take 91 (or fl$ or any other team) out of the running & to annoint yourselves in another level because you won a March tournament is pathetic!

How do you know its an "Express Daddy"? You don't know that. People stir things up. Im an Express parent of a express player and I take exception of the accusation you made without any proof. And you call someone OBNOXIOUS? Pot meet kettle.

BTW, this comment "I dont care if it was cut short". Really? How could you not care? It wasn't a complete game. But the championship game was.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you know its an "Express Daddy"? You don't know that. People stir things up. Im an Express parent of a express player and I take exception of the accusation you made without any proof. And you call someone OBNOXIOUS? Pot meet kettle.

BTW, this comment "I dont care if it was cut short". Really? How could you not care? It wasn't a complete game. But the championship game was.

Great teams...all of them and such good sportsmanship by all. It's great watching them all share tents and chairs and goofing around like kids are supposed to. And great LAX to watch as well!!

Can anyone please tell us how the injured boy made out? We all hope he's ok.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets stay positive

Anyone that watched True Blue 2017 play Sunday, must give them credit for dominating ground balls against every team, all day long... TB did not beat 91, and terps black with fancy passes and accurate shots... TB takes puts the ball on the ground and picks it up. simple.

they were really good last year, and added 4 or 5 8th graders playing JV this year.

I never saw turtles play, but hard to imagine giving turtles an automatic win against a team as big, fast, and nasty as TB

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
never saw the turtles play, but I'll bet you would not be so sure, if you saw that True Blue team get after it...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets stay positive

Anyone that watched True Blue 2017 play Sunday, must give them credit for dominating ground balls against every team, all day long... TB did not beat 91, and terps black with fancy passes and accurate shots... TB takes puts the ball on the ground and picks it up. simple.

they were really good last year, and added 4 or 5 8th graders playing JV this year.

I never saw turtles play, but hard to imagine giving turtles an automatic win against a team as big, fast, and nasty as TB

I'll give you that observation, but you have to concur that the Terps Black managed to overcome their initial first game lock up and put together an impressive win over TB for the championship. Thus, you can say the same about it being hard to imagine giving the turtles auto wins over either team. They are both big and strong and relentless. I was impressed and thoroughly enjoyed watching what amounted to a JV level game. Would you agree?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Say something after you actually see Turtles play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry to burst your bubble but the Turtles would beat true blue by 10 goals. Don't know what u people are thinking

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets stay positive

I'll give you that observation, but you have to concur that the Terps Black managed to overcome their initial first game lock up and put together an impressive win over TB for the championship. Thus, you can say the same about it being hard to imagine giving the turtles auto wins over either team. They are both big and strong and relentless. I was impressed and thoroughly enjoyed watching what amounted to a JV level game. Would you agree?

I agree. Except it was more of a varsity level between those two teams on sunday.
Both TB and TERP Black play fast and angry with size. Coaches from younger teams on the sidelines thought they were older than 8th grade from stick skills.

I would assume the turtles can play the same way just not sure if they can bring that same nastiness those two teams bring to the table., but who knows or cares. Best part, NO FIGHTS in the two games against each other which was nice to see after indoor in winter NJ!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade dominates saint Anthony's during the season and low& behold during the championship game , who prevails. Saint Anthony's . See any similarities? When its for all the marbles who prevails?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10 margin is a fair estimate. I know both Teams well. But why does it matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade dominates saint Anthony's during the season and low& behold during the championship game , who prevails. Saint Anthony's . See any similarities? When its for all the marbles who prevails?

What does that have to do with the topic???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets stay positive

I agree. Except it was more of a varsity level between those two teams on sunday.
Both TB and TERP Black play fast and angry with size. Coaches from younger teams on the sidelines thought they were older than 8th grade from stick skills.

I would assume the turtles can play the same way just not sure if they can bring that same nastiness those two teams bring to the table., but who knows or cares. Best part, NO FIGHTS in the two games against each other which was nice to see after indoor in winter NJ!

You are proud of 8th grade boys playing "nasty" and "angry"? Please get a grip. Teams that need to play that way are the ones that get frustrated that the the other team can move the ball around and score.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about the terps (not terps black) are they any good?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
never saw the turtles play, but I'll bet you would not be so sure, if you saw that True Blue team get after it...

How much you got?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets stay positive

You are proud of 8th grade boys playing "nasty" and "angry"? Please get a grip. Teams that need to play that way are the ones that get frustrated that the the other team can move the ball around and score.

Part of the GAME. Its not swimming or golf. Fine line between intensity and rage , I would say both terps black and TB play with a lot of intensity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Terps are a good team but if you include the Turtles they are the Express' C team out of 6 2017 teams.
What about the terps (not terps black) are they any good?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How much you got?

LOL. I think it would be more entertaining if the parents strapped the gear on and played the game. You guys need to get a grip on reality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets stay positive

Game has changed from the 80-90s to now people. There are bigger better athletes playing lacrosse now than there ever was. Many of the B teams are just as good stick skill wise as the A teams but you will notice there usually is a slight size difference in favor of the A teams yes there is the exception that some A teams have some smaller players sprinkled in but as a whole most players are bigger. Now when you say nastiness I agree its more like speed of the game and the ability to hit and take a hit. This wears out the smaller teams that will hang with the A teams then they get physically worn down because of the size difference. Kids are bigger and faster than ever and hitting puberty earlier. With the one sport specialization kids skills are also higher than ever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets stay positive

Game has changed from the 80-90s to now people. There are bigger better athletes playing lacrosse now than there ever was. Many of the B teams are just as good stick skill wise as the A teams but you will notice there usually is a slight size difference in favor of the A teams yes there is the exception that some A teams have some smaller players sprinkled in but as a whole most players are bigger. Now when you say nastiness I agree its more like speed of the game and the ability to hit and take a hit. This wears out the smaller teams that will hang with the A teams then they get physically worn down because of the size difference. Kids are bigger and faster than ever and hitting puberty earlier. With the one sport specialization kids skills are also higher than ever.

"hitting puberty earlier."

oh please share with us what journal you are citing with this (fact)....

Fact- some of the most physically dominant kids on the teams centered in this most recent discussion should, based on birth year, be in 9th grade. Others, yes, men among boys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]fact- some of the most physically dominant kids on the teams centered in this most recent discussion should, based on birth year, be in 9th grade. Others, yes, men among boys. [/quote]

That is absolutely 100% true!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fact- some of the most physically dominant kids on the teams centered in this most recent discussion should, based on birth year, be in 9th grade. Others, yes, men among boys.

To some degree you are both right. My son is in 8th grade. He hit puberty in 6th, is 5'10'', 155lbs ,fast, agreessive and tough. If you saw him you would think 9th or even 10th grader. That said smaller kids than him start ahead of him on his travel team and were moved to JV this year. Why? b/c his lax IQ and stick skills need improvement. I am confident with good coaching that he will improve. Kids all grow at different rates and some will "pop" up in HS. If the turtles are really that small IMO when they have a growth spurt they will be dangerous because than the whole package will be complete.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets stay positive

Study in the American Academy of Pediatrics, Endocrine Study at Stamford,, Childrens Hospital in Cincinnati, and many more are saying boys and girls are hitting puberty 2 years earlier than years past. So there is your proof. Some hit it earlier than others. My son for instance is in 7th grade 12 years old 5'6 weighs in at 165 and has not hit puberty yet. I am really curious what will happen when he does hit puberty. Gosh he might not grow anymore hey it's mother nature you never know. Right now he is Always getting accused of being older than he is. He also gets treated by adults differently because he is bigger than his peers in group situations. In some cases these kids who people claim to be older might have just hit puberty earlier or are just bigger. It's Gattaca ahhhh.. Again it's just what I have observed in the elite level of teams. One boy who is just as fast and good as another fighting for a ground ball but out weighs the other kid by 20 pounds will most likely win 7 out of 10 ground balls and as the game goes on might win more. eventually all players will reach puberty and catch up. There there is just genetics where some are taller, faster etc. so stop complaining. Until you have proof all your allegations are just that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets stay positive

can you substantiate that claim of age discrepancies? please do provide documentation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big kids are over rated

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big kids are over rated

...said the guy with the small kid... ;-)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hate to ask. Since the Boys begin High school next year how does the talent look for the private schools at this age group?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talent looks good. All the big kids are going private.Small kids public.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big kids are over rated

Speed is the ultimate neutralizer!

It's called the fasted game on two feet, not the game with the biggest kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
every team has there share of "Early peakers" ... an 8th grade man child will NOT be the same player 4 years from now... ask a college coach why early commits are rarely working out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
turtles- 5 practices a week... see "diminishing returns"...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
every team has there share of "Early peakers" ... an 8th grade man child will NOT be the same player 4 years from now... ask a college coach why early commits are rarely working out

How can you say "an 8th grade man child will NOT be the same player 4 years from now"...you dont even know these "Early Peakers". Some may not & some may be the best lacrosse players a college coach has ever seen! Such a ridiculous statement to make...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I find it amazing that you take exception to the accusation of the "obnoxious Express Lax Daddy" but, you dont take exception to the past 3 days of posts on this thread regarding 13 year olds by ADULTS!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big kids are over rated

Speed is the ultimate neutralizer!

It's called the fasted game on two feet, not the game with the biggest kids.

Ahhh I have said just as fast and same stick skills but bigger. So we are on the same page. Guys we are talking about puberty here. Some kids peak early in height while others continue to grow. You never know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why so much hate to Turtles?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get your facts straight!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why so much HATE to the Turtles?
Are you the parent who was asked to leave from Turtles team ?
Just let it go. Your son is a very good player and let him play.

[b][/b]

Like Reply Quote
Page 28 of 69 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard