Send us your commitment story & Contact us for Lacrosse Events boosting. Keep Laxin'!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Igloo Lacrosse K-2 Clinic
by BOTC_EVENTS -
True Blue Lacrosse FOGO
by BOTC_EVENTS -
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,282
Posts347,221
Members2,495
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 35 36
Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
Joined: Jun 2017
Likes: 1
T
TM@BOTC Online Content OP
Back of THE CAGE
*****
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
*****
T
Joined: Jun 2017
Likes: 1
Use this thread to discuss the Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 Season

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good turnout at tryouts yesterday. 60 kids approximately

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have any info on the turtles for this age group? I know tryouts happened already, how was the turn out?

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Low numbers , average to below average skill. B- team. The only talent they had already committed to other teams.

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2025 AA team roster for 91 not out yet.
Not sure why, because the 2nd tean roster for 2025 Hornets is out.

2025 Hornets has 28 players.....ridiculous!

Can you say "money grab"???

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Beware parents whose kids made it on to 2025 Hornets for 91.
Look at what happened with 2025 Ice.
They dont care about you. They only care about their top team.

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the hornets took 28 kids in anticipation of not everyone accepting there offer

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was it 60 just for 2025?

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to 2025 Ice?

Beware parents whose kids made it on to 2025 Hornets for 91.
Look at what happened with 2025 Ice.
They dont care about you. They only care about their top team.

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]2025 AA team roster for 91 not out yet.
Not sure why, because the 2nd tean roster for 2025 Hornets is out.

2025 Hornets has 28 players.....ridiculous!

That’s is a bad business decision in my opinion to invite 28. I can tell you from experience a 28 man roster on a B team is frustrating for your son, you, the coaches, and the entire team. 5 attack, 8 mids, 5 poles, an lsm and 2 goalies, not that hard. And yes, I know some over invite to account for the declines, wrong in my opinion. Invite an appropriate sized roster and add as needed.

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Incorrect. Teams dont accept 28 kids in anticipation of kids rejecting.
Because then if everyone accepts, you are left with more kids than you want on the team.
You put out a roster for the number of kids you want. And you have a waiting list if people dont accept.

The most you do normally is hedge your original number by 1 ir 2.
Example ideally if you want a team of 21 or 22. You may put out a roster of 23 or 24, knowing if everyone accepts, its still not a ridiculous amount and you can manage playing time.

28 is ridiculous. And thats what they are looking to have because its a "money grab".

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those are the 2 teams they took from the Ducks

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm assuming just about evey kid that went to 91 eval camp got an invite to at least the B team. Most are gunning for the AA team and end up on second. They will go back to their club from last year. Out of 28 they will pick up 15 and then will have supplemental tryouts throught the fall. That's how it goes for all of these B teams....except Express because they start with 35.

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unless you have the "best attackman in the country” then It’s 3 attack, 4 middies, 4 defense a goalie and a pole cause “everyone knows that high school doesn’t sub”. Those words actually were said in a parent meeting. Cannot make this stuff up.

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
rebels stand for something? rebels.?

Went to rebels tryout. The 2025 had a good turnout but they all had Ducks helmets on so I guess these are the teams that they took.All of the other age groups were light. It looks like only 2 guys left the ducks to start rebels. I wish all of these programs would just stay together. It always greener on the other side (($$$)).
Outlaws, Legacy and now ducks. Money and lies is what breaks these programs up. Keep the $ out of it and coach our kids. Give us a solid honest program! Good coaches, training off season and tournaments to play. I dont care at this point if we leave LI. W have played plenty of LI teams in NJ and Mass.
Travel lax is getting out of hand.

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats odd. When you type rebels. the forum changes it to Rebels?

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glitch in system.
You have to type the name with periods.
rebels.

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which is what happened with 91 Ice 2 years ago.
They accepted 28 kids on roster.
Ended up with not enough kids accepting.
Ran through a season undermanned taking peoples money.

Then last year they tried to revive Ice.
Put out a roster, but people already knew about the fiasco from the year before. Most people didnt accept. They were left with no ability to field a team.
And people who did accept were left to figure out last minute to find a team for their kid.

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
with the ice team, 91 ended up merging the 4th graders(2025) that were on ice with a 3rd grade C team(2026) that didn't have enough to field there team without notifying anyone. complete disaster, talk about non competitive lacrosse. everyone pretty much wasted $3,000 that season. i think everyone bolted once the coaches left.

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
with the ice team, 91 ended up merging the 4th graders(2025) that were on ice with a 3rd grade C team(2026) that didn't have enough to field there team without notifying anyone. complete disaster, talk about non competitive lacrosse. everyone pretty much wasted $3,000 that season. i think everyone bolted once the coaches left.


There was only a handful of 2nd Teams at this age. At least you have a benchmark and should be looking for info on one of these teams first in my opinion. Ask questions and get feedback if your son is not able to make an A team.

Ducks
Express
Legacy
24
Mamas Boyz
S2S
Hitmen (only team, but on the same level)
Outlaws (same)
Recon (same)

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
Joined: May 2018
M
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
M
Joined: May 2018
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
with the ice team, 91 ended up merging the 4th graders(2025) that were on ice with a 3rd grade C team(2026) that didn't have enough to field there team without notifying anyone. complete disaster, talk about non competitive lacrosse. everyone pretty much wasted $3,000 that season. i think everyone bolted once the coaches left.


There was only a handful of 2nd Teams at this age. At least you have a benchmark and should be looking for info on one of these teams first in my opinion. Ask questions and get feedback if your son is not able to make an A team.

Ducks
Express
Legacy
24
Mamas Boyz
S2S
Hitmen (only team, but on the same level)
Outlaws (same)
Recon (same)


There are Different Levels To These Teams Tho:
B+ Level Teams are: Legacy, Outlaws, Express, S2S
B- Level Teams are: Hitmen, Ducks,
C Level Teams are: 24, Recon & Mamas Boys

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First Ducks no longer exist.
Coaches now formed new program out east.

That team will probably be an A- team after tryouts. Good bones. Good coaches.
Same for Igloo. Looking at A- team.
And either of these could be even better. Only time will tell.
Then there is Rebels. New team. But shows real promise, and offers a lot. Has good coaches as well. If they follow through and recruit real talent in their tryouts, then that could be A- team as well.

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what about Empire?

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Man_Up
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
with the ice team, 91 ended up merging the 4th graders(2025) that were on ice with a 3rd grade C team(2026) that didn't have enough to field there team without notifying anyone. complete disaster, talk about non competitive lacrosse. everyone pretty much wasted $3,000 that season. i think everyone bolted once the coaches left.


There was only a handful of 2nd Teams at this age. At least you have a benchmark and should be looking for info on one of these teams first in my opinion. Ask questions and get feedback if your son is not able to make an A team.

Ducks
Express
Legacy
24
Mamas Boyz
S2S
Hitmen (only team, but on the same level)
Outlaws (same)
Recon (same)


There are Different Levels To These Teams Tho:
B+ Level Teams are: Legacy, Outlaws, Express, S2S
B- Level Teams are: Hitmen, Ducks,
C Level Teams are: 24, Recon & Mamas Boys


Okay... but since 2nd teams can be awesome to bad experiences and everything in between. What teams are the 2nd teams or other teams on that level that folks should be looking into so they make the best choice possible. Let’s try to be productive here and make it informative.

For example, Express has a very good core, solid coaching, regular practice and training (extra). Only criticism is too large a roster.

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
express b team core largely leaving. team ended up a mess toward end of season. there were a bunch of posts about it.

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire has not been good at all for years at 2025 level.

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
R. U. S. H. stand for something? R. U. S. H.?

Went to R. U. S. H. tryout. The 2025 had a good turnout but they all had Ducks helmets on so I guess these are the teams that they took.All of the other age groups were light. It looks like only 2 guys left the ducks to start R$sh. I wish all of these programs would just stay together. It always greener on the other side (($$$)).
Outlaws, Legacy and now ducks. Money and lies is what breaks these programs up. Keep the $ out of it and coach our kids. Give us a solid honest program! Good coaches, training off season and tournaments to play. I dont care at this point if we leave LI. W have played plenty of LI teams in NJ and Mass.
Travel lax is getting out of hand.


Then look at Rebels. Thats what they are saying they are creating. A more interactive coaching experience, with evaluations and open communication.
And so far after pretryouts that has absolutely been the case.
It will be interesting to find out more at full tryouts next week on Monday and Tuesday.

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Man_Up
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
with the ice team, 91 ended up merging the 4th graders(2025) that were on ice with a 3rd grade C team(2026) that didn't have enough to field there team without notifying anyone. complete disaster, talk about non competitive lacrosse. everyone pretty much wasted $3,000 that season. i think everyone bolted once the coaches left.


There was only a handful of 2nd Teams at this age. At least you have a benchmark and should be looking for info on one of these teams first in my opinion. Ask questions and get feedback if your son is not able to make an A team.

Ducks
Express
Legacy
24
Mamas Boyz
S2S
Hitmen (only team, but on the same level)
Outlaws (same)
Recon (same)


There are Different Levels To These Teams Tho:
B+ Level Teams are: Legacy, Outlaws, Express, S2S
B- Level Teams are: Hitmen, Ducks,
C Level Teams are: 24, Recon & Mamas Boys


Okay... but since 2nd teams can be awesome to bad experiences and everything in between. What teams are the 2nd teams or other teams on that level that folks should be looking into so they make the best choice possible. Let’s try to be productive here and make it informative.

For example, Express has a very good core, solid coaching, regular practice and training (extra). Only criticism is too large a roster.


Terrible experience with Express B last season, Loaded roster, kids that cant catch or throw. A lot of unhappy parents now looking for another club. They could have a really competitive B team if they wanted one. Seems like it is now a money grab like most of the other B teams.

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All I know is Ciazza is a good coach and will be dedicated to 91 Hornets. If the top kids (at the B level) stay from tryouts, that will be a good spot. Just depends who stays. Hopefully not 28. Good luck to everyone

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All I know is Ciazza is a good coach and will be dedicated to 91 Hornets. If the top kids (at the B level) stay from tryouts, that will be a good spot. Just depends who stays. Hopefully not 28. Good luck to everyone


I think what everyone forgets is many of the people who attended the camp went for the camp aspect and eval because it was a good deal. Not all were really serious about going to 91 at all.
If those people are on the B roster they will probably decline.
If any are on the A roster they still may not make the switch.
Then whatever the A team loses they will pull the top players from the B team up.
And then the B team will have weaker kids offered spots on team.
Never a good scenario for B team.

Also you say Ciazzo is dedicated and good coach.
They said the same about OReilly on Express. How has that turned out for Express B team?
Dont live in a fantasy world.

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First you bash them because they supposedly invited 28 kids.

Now you bash them because they won’t have enough kids to field a B team.

Which is it?

Your hate for 91 is palpable.

I feel bad for you.

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
First you bash them because they supposedly invited 28 kids.

Now you bash them because they won’t have enough kids to field a B team.

Which is it?

Your hate for 91 is palpable.

I feel bad for you.


Which comment are you responding to?
Mine about people declining because they attended camp for the camp and not because they were serious about going on team.
I think your getting confused with the conversations.
Maybe you should stop bashing people just because they give an opinion contrary to yours.

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Those are the 2 teams they took from the Ducks

Really upset. Next time would be win.

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Picking a B team for your son is hard because it’s a mix of kids who love lax and can’t make an A team yet and kids that play other travel sports and pick up a stick only at practice and miss practice for other year round sports. I wouldn’t believe all the bashing on this forum, because it’s hard to know what’s what. However, you know the root of all the concerns. Just ask... when you get that invite compile the questions and ask director outright. If you don’t get answers you like, or no answer, move on. So much choice out there.

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
70+ kids came out for S2S tryouts yesterday. Where are all these kids coming from?

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do the rest of the 2025 tryouts look? We only went to one (not 91 or Express) session possibly to make a switch. Probably an B+/A- program at this point. They only had one team last year but may be trying to add another. Not sure how competitive the 2nd team would be.

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all depends where you live

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which a team to chose. Rebels, igloo, s2s

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How do the rest of the 2025 tryouts look? We only went to one (not 91 or Express) session possibly to make a switch. Probably an B+/A- program at this point. They only had one team last year but may be trying to add another. Not sure how competitive the 2nd team would be.


Stop with the B+, A- etc etc , call it what it is A team and B team enough already. So if a A team doesn’t and goes 1-2-1 do what are the B+ A- ,A ??

Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All I know is Ciazza is a good coach and will be dedicated to 91 Hornets. If the top kids (at the B level) stay from tryouts, that will be a good spot. Just depends who stays. Hopefully not 28. Good luck to everyone


I think what everyone forgets is many of the people who attended the camp went for the camp aspect and eval because it was a good deal. Not all were really serious about going to 91 at all.
If those people are on the B roster they will probably decline.
If any are on the A roster they still may not make the switch.
Then whatever the A team loses they will pull the top players from the B team up.
And then the B team will have weaker kids offered spots on team.
Never a good scenario for B team.

Also you say Ciazzo is dedicated and good coach.
They said the same about OReilly on Express. How has that turned out for Express B team?
Dont live in a fantasy world.


91 cares nothing for their 2nd and now 3rd teams on some grades. The coaches get zero support from Dynamic Sports, the head coach gets no help coaching unless you're lucky enough to have some dads step up. Also, they stick you in all their own tournaments no matter how bad the tournament is. I have first-hand knowledge of this on another grade. Don't do a B team with 91. It's bad. Also, they have an equal playing time policy which the head coach must follow. Basically, it's PAL with a bigger price tag.

Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4