BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 08/25/19 10:20 PM
Boys 2026-6th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 08/25/19 10:04 PM
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous. 08/25/19 09:48 PM
Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 08/25/19 09:16 PM
Boys 2023-9th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 08/25/19 08:47 PM
Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
by Anonymous. 08/25/19 08:45 PM
Boys 2023 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 08/25/19 07:37 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,735
Posts254,161
Members2,130
Most Online6,212
Aug 8th, 2019
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
Re: fl$ Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous] #285501
05/28/19 01:13 PM
05/28/19 01:13 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone have a link to the judgement ruling?


https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/webcivil/FCASCaseInfo?parm=CaseInfo&index=Wh8cOjoRkc0D3JNGI9cjOg%3D%3D&county=elIXU9zGgt1Xyg6rDowHKA%3D%3D&motion=M&docs=&adate=06/19/2019&civilCaseId=b5EIW7NPrJUleUlRiFTA9A%3D%3D

If that doesn't work (the link expires) then go to

and enter index: 0606192/2018

The docket is the one in Nassau Supreme Court

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: fl$ Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous] #285507
05/28/19 01:53 PM
05/28/19 01:53 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



If FLG does not appeal the ruling, then all they owe Jahelka is $100k/ year. For a business that has several boys and girls teams—plus other sources of revenue ( tournaments/media/etc), that’s probably a low single digit percent of revenue. Certainly not a fatal expense and easily managed.

Reply Quote
Re: fl$ Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous] #285510
05/28/19 03:24 PM
05/28/19 03:24 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
If FLG does not appeal the ruling, then all they owe Jahelka is $100k/ year. For a business that has several boys and girls teams—plus other sources of revenue ( tournaments/media/etc), that’s probably a low single digit percent of revenue. Certainly not a fatal expense and easily managed.


The consulting agreement which the judge basically upheld, has an clause that says if Winkoff misses a payment, the entire sum is due immediately ("Events of Termination: Default - page 4 of contract) plus interest (12.2 page 5).

Reply Quote
Re: fl$ Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous] #285547
05/29/19 09:11 AM
05/29/19 09:11 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



If Jahelka wants his $$ then he will negotiate a payment plan. They originally went to mediation according to the complaint. They had a commercial disagreement over the contract and the trial court judge ruled in favor of Jahelka. Winkoff can still appeal and Jahelka can burn legal fees fighting. I’d wager this gets settled and Jahelka gets his $$ on some payment plan. Heck, wouldn’t surprise me if he gets back involved in the business some way.

Reply Quote
Re: fl$ Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous] #285554
05/29/19 11:32 AM
05/29/19 11:32 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
If Jahelka wants his $$ then he will negotiate a payment plan. They originally went to mediation according to the complaint. They had a commercial disagreement over the contract and the trial court judge ruled in favor of Jahelka. Winkoff can still appeal and Jahelka can burn legal fees fighting. I’d wager this gets settled and Jahelka gets his $$ on some payment plan. Heck, wouldn’t surprise me if he gets back involved in the business some way.


I would not give them a red cent of my hard earned money in order for my son to play lacrosse. These two pit bulls could battle this non-sense out themselves. It just goes to show your, it's all about making money, our kids come a distance second or maybe even third on their food chain. Winkoff would be foolish to appeal, likewise the appellate court could end up granting Jahelka legal fees in a appeal. In the end, it all boils down to $$$

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: fl$ Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous] #285559
05/29/19 12:05 PM
05/29/19 12:05 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
If Jahelka wants his $$ then he will negotiate a payment plan. They originally went to mediation according to the complaint. They had a commercial disagreement over the contract and the trial court judge ruled in favor of Jahelka. Winkoff can still appeal and Jahelka can burn legal fees fighting. I’d wager this gets settled and Jahelka gets his $$ on some payment plan. Heck, wouldn’t surprise me if he gets back involved in the business some way.


And I would wager that the last thing Jahelka wants is for Winkoff to go on a payment plan again...after all, he stiffed him the first time. Further, as part of his motion for summary judgement, Jahelka requested a "neutral to inspect the books and records of FLG." This after making statement that a review of FLG's tax returns showed "evident that Winkoff has taken both company loans and also personal loans from FLG.......Quite clearly, Winkoff is over leveraged and has essentially decided to still Jahelka for his own gain."

Under the terms of the contract, Winkoff owes it all right now, plus interest (15% per annum) for the amounts in arrears. Further, Jahelka still may show additional damages which are also allowed for based on the contract. You can bet his legal fees will be part of that.

But I look forward to the opening of the kimono...er I mean books....

Reply Quote
Re: fl$ Lawsuit [Re: laxislife] #285577
05/29/19 01:49 PM
05/29/19 01:49 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Jahelka is going to have to go back to work to collect anything. Coaching or consulting or pickup up trash after games, something to fulfill his end of the consulting agreement to collect what he is contractually due. Part of that contract involves him working of which their is no evidence, email or otherwise that he has.

Reply Quote
Re: fl$ Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous] #285579
05/29/19 02:11 PM
05/29/19 02:11 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Jahelka is going to have to go back to work to collect anything. Coaching or consulting or pickup up trash after games, something to fulfill his end of the consulting agreement to collect what he is contractually due. Part of that contract involves him working of which their is no evidence, email or otherwise that he has.


You should actually read the agreement before making these kinds of comments. You sound like Winkoff right now and we all know how far that argument got him.

Reply Quote
Re: fl$ Lawsuit [Re: laxislife] #285583
05/29/19 03:06 PM
05/29/19 03:06 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Of course Jahelka wants to be paid now. But given that he is an unsecured creditor—he has no ability to enforce that if FLG files Chapter 11. The argument about FLG or Winkoff being over leveraged is irrelevant. He controls 100% and can put as much leverage on the company or increase salaries or dividend $$ in any amount as he wants. There are no restrictive covenants in the consulting agreement to prevent that. So Jahelka can negotiate a settlement—or—in an extreme case-/FLG’s owners can file Chapter 11 and Jahelka has to wait for another court to divide up the assets. But keep in mind—businesses can operate while the corporation is in Chapter 11. Happens all the time. So the tournaments and club teams can go on as if nothing happened at the corporate level. Parents shouldn’t be concerned because nothing changes operationally. Jahelka may not like it—but that’s how the our bankruptcy laws work. He could have negotiated additional protections in the agreement but he didn’t.

Reply Quote
Re: fl$ Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous] #285586
05/29/19 03:29 PM
05/29/19 03:29 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Of course Jahelka wants to be paid now. But given that he is an unsecured creditor—he has no ability to enforce that if FLG files Chapter 11. The argument about FLG or Winkoff being over leveraged is irrelevant. He controls 100% and can put as much leverage on the company or increase salaries or dividend $$ in any amount as he wants. There are no restrictive covenants in the consulting agreement to prevent that. So Jahelka can negotiate a settlement—or—in an extreme case-/FLG’s owners can file Chapter 11 and Jahelka has to wait for another court to divide up the assets. But keep in mind—businesses can operate while the corporation is in Chapter 11. Happens all the time. So the tournaments and club teams can go on as if nothing happened at the corporate level. Parents shouldn’t be concerned because nothing changes operationally. Jahelka may not like it—but that’s how the our bankruptcy laws work. He could have negotiated additional protections in the agreement but he didn’t.


How many people want to work with an organizer/club owner who is willing to screw over his former business partner? Reading the court documents, it sure seems like Winkoff decided he didn't like the price he paid nor the terms he agreed to and doesn't have a problem walking away from a financial commitment. It's an indicator of his character.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: fl$ Lawsuit [Re: laxislife] #285647
05/30/19 11:38 AM
05/30/19 11:38 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



I don’t agree this is a character issue. It’s just a commercial dispute and nothing more. You can’t read more into it. Do you think this is the only club that has business dealings you disagree with? Read through other threads, there are lots of clubs with directors that treat their players and families poorly. That’s much much worse. I’d rather go to a club that treats their customers well even if they make business decisions I don’t like. And from what I read, people at FLG are not complaining.

Reply Quote
Re: fl$ Lawsuit [Re: laxislife] #285769
06/03/19 05:37 AM
06/03/19 05:37 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



The FLG Showcase (girls) was a money maker. I would not recommend this unless you play for FLG.

Reply Quote
Re: fl$ Lawsuit [Re: Anonymous] #286153
06/10/19 08:26 AM
06/10/19 08:26 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



How many girls were even there? Over the past 2 years, they went from having 300 down to 140 and this year I would like think near 100 but can anyone confirm that? They are dying a slow death and the reason why they are trying other revenue streams. Their brand name is tarnished.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
The FLG Showcase (girls) was a money maker. I would not recommend this unless you play for FLG.

Reply Quote
Re: fl$ Lawsuit [Re: laxislife] #286194
06/10/19 12:10 PM
06/10/19 12:10 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Was at the FLG tournament this past weekend. Plenty of teams there and well run. Mitchell field is such a better venue than Farmingdale State College. Dreading LI Laxfest this weekend.

Reply Quote
Re: fl$ Lawsuit [Re: laxislife] #287478
06/25/19 09:05 AM
06/25/19 09:05 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



How's FLG doing with all their showcases and summer events? Hopefully bringing in a lot of cash because it looks like they need to write a $1.22 million dollar check to Jahelka.

Reply Quote
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification





Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1