BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: fl$ Lawsuit
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Igloo is a very solid program. They are very well-organized, have good coaching, run good practices all year, provide quality uniforms and equipment, etc. They play in fairly good tournaments, although not always the best of the best. If they could join NLF that would really help their kids get recruited. That Elite 80 event they run is expensive but provides insane exposure. None of these clubs are perfect, but I think Igloo is better than most other options with the exception of Express or 91 A teams. Their 2020 team has commits to Harvard, ND, Denver, Bucknell, Sacred Heart and others....

Omg! What a load of garbage. Igloo is falling apart. It's so much about greed. They charge an outrageous amount and promise the least number of tourneys to kids than any other organisation. They even cheap out on the tourneys they do go to. They dont care about the kids at all. That a bunch of hogwash. The owner is just lining his pocket. Everyone knows the downward spiral of Igloo.

---------------

on 2028 teams, Igloo player from last year all left and went to other teams. There was a solid A team that vacated the premises... They took anyone who could breathe for their B, and their A is a shell of what it was.

And its many more age groups than just 2028 falling apart.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is a very solid program. They are very well-organized, have good coaching, run good practices all year, provide quality uniforms and equipment, etc. They play in fairly good tournaments, although not always the best of the best. If they could join NLF that would really help their kids get recruited. That Elite 80 event they run is expensive but provides insane exposure. None of these clubs are perfect, but I think Igloo is better than most other options with the exception of Express or 91 A teams. Their 2020 team has commits to Harvard, ND, Denver, Bucknell, Sacred Heart and others....

Omg! What a load of garbage. Igloo is falling apart. It's so much about greed. They charge an outrageous amount and promise the least number of tourneys to kids than any other organisation. They even cheap out on the tourneys they do go to. They dont care about the kids at all. That a bunch of hogwash. The owner is just lining his pocket. Everyone knows the downward spiral of Igloo.

---------------

on 2028 teams, Igloo player from last year all left and went to other teams. There was a solid A team that vacated the premises... They took anyone who could breathe for their B, and their A is a shell of what it was.

And its many more age groups than just 2028 falling apart.

Heard the same about the 2022 age group.

Too bad, from the outside looking in, I thought they did it the best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somehow this became the Igloo thread.

I guess now that FLG and Jahelka settled there's nothing else to talk about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FLG is a better club than Igloo anyway. Hopefully we won't read your annoying threads about a lawsuit anymore. lost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FLG is a better club than Igloo anyway. Hopefully we won't read your annoying threads about a lawsuit anymore. lost.

That would be FLG that lost.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you realize you're talking about 4th graders right? let me guess, your kid is one of the "stars" who moved away from igloo a.

flg use to be legit and not all that long ago. it's a shame that they have fallen so far.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the issue is that the younger Igloo teams may be struggling a bit even if 2020 and 2021 were pretty good.

FLG is a shadow of its former self. They play in second tier tournaments and are a B team organization now. That is too bad, because they were big before 91 and were the hottest ticket in town for a while.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So they did end up settling ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the issue is that the younger Igloo teams may be struggling a bit even if 2020 and 2021 were pretty good.

FLG is a shadow of its former self. They play in second tier tournaments and are a B team organization now. That is too bad, because they were big before 91 and were the hottest ticket in town for a while.

Igloo has strayed far from the motto on there website. They are the exact opposite. It's all about the money even though they pretend otherwise.

Unfortunately you are correct about flg. And honestly they dont try to hide that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So they did end up settling ?

Yes, no need to discuss it any longer. FLG will be the next big LI lax club.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo has strayed far from the motto on there website. They are the exact opposite. It's all about the money even though they pretend otherwise.

Unfortunately you are correct about flg. And honestly they dont try to hide that.

Igloo is well run as far as organization, but the $ has gotten out of control. At least they stopped putting the financial break down on the team packages. They used to put $75 for balls, and cones. If you have 20 paying players on a roster that's $1500 per team for balls and cones. Glad they realized they shouldn't advertise that anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo is well run as far as organization, but the $ has gotten out of control. At least they stopped putting the financial break down on the team packages. They used to put $75 for balls, and cones. If you have 20 paying players on a roster that's $1500 per team for balls and cones. Glad they realized they shouldn't advertise that anymore.

It would be great if FLG disclosed how much their high rent useless store on Main St costs the paying customers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mike Winkoff is a total scam artist. Everywhere he has been he has left a trail of slime. Correy is a great asset for FLG. Mike is simply a bad guy. Just ask "all" his former friends.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG was very good. They took their eye off the ball, did not recruit hard enough to build quality teams that could compete and win at any level-which is what the consumer wanted-to learn, enjoy AND win. It mattered but they didn't see it. There are some great coaches and good people in the program but they are just a step above PAL based on the depth of talent they attract and can not compete with the stronger teams at any age level. That being said they are still a good program for a kid that wants more than just PAL but is not concerned with wining the mythical 7th grade national championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG is terrible, They had a great thing going, but then got crazy, Sold out, added too many teams and sent them to B level tournaments only because they had a piece of them (with 3d) or ran it entirely themselves. Gross. My son had a particularly awful experience, was cut by them and told he was no better than a B team player. Next year he will be playing in college for a top 10 Division 1 program. These are not good people.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HMMM. Thank you. We know who you are... Top 10. That is a stretch. Your son improved, congratulations,but there was a reason why he was cut at the time. Look in the mirror.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HMMM. Thank you. We know who you are... Top 10. That is a stretch. Your son improved, congratulations,but there was a reason why he was cut at the time. Look in the mirror.

Sometimes roster decisions are based on more than just a players ability.

Translation (or word of caution) - Coaches (at all levels) will evaluate if they want a parent as part of their program during tryouts/recruitment

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG is terrible, They had a great thing going, but then got crazy, Sold out, added too many teams and sent them to B level tournaments only because they had a piece of them (with 3d) or ran it entirely themselves. Gross. My son had a particularly awful experience, was cut by them and told he was no better than a B team player. Next year he will be playing in college for a top 10 Division 1 program. These are not good people.....

Agree. FLG Father and Son think they are above all. Think about this; they used a half baked top 100 list to attract attention for their organization. Then moved the Big X tournament to Delaware when people are hungry for lacrosse. But they failed to provide teams and parents all the particulars, regarding the tournaments modified game play. Don't forget, owner of FLG is on the hook to pay a judgment ordered by Suffolk Supreme Court last year so he need $$$$$...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree. FLG Father and Son think they are above all. Think about this; they used a half baked top 100 list to attract attention for their organization. Then moved the Big X tournament to Delaware when people are hungry for lacrosse. But they failed to provide teams and parents all the particulars, regarding the tournaments modified game play. Don't forget, owner of FLG is on the hook to pay a judgment ordered by Suffolk Supreme Court last year so he need $$$$$...

Are the modified rules confirmed or myth based on the suggested modifications to the sport by the Delaware
https://coronavirus.delaware.gov/wp...e-and-Suggested-Guidelines-6.12.2020.pdf
Tournaments in DE cant start until Phase 3 and that date is yet unknown. My bet, no summer tournaments across the board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are the modified rules confirmed or myth based on the suggested modifications to the sport by the Delaware
Tournaments in DE cant start until Phase 3 and that date is yet unknown. My bet, no summer tournaments across the board.

Those rules came from the State of Delaware

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]FLG is terrible, They had a great thing going, but then got crazy, Sold out, added too many teams and sent them to B level tournaments only because they had a piece of them (with 3d) or ran it entirely themselves. Gross. My son had a particularly awful experience, was cut by them and told he was no better than a B team player. Next year he will be playing in college for a top 10 Division 1 program. These are not good people.....

They’re “suggestions.” Do they need to be adopted to get permit is another question or can you address via alternatives.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Suggested Guidelines. Lacrosse happening !! Game On !! Got my supply of masks and wipes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Suggested Guidelines. Lacrosse happening !! Game On !! Got my supply of masks and wipes.

Knowing FLG, they will spin it that way. Until you get there, then it will be a different story. Better bring your mask if you don't bring your "man wipes."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kid is going to Harvard....maybe time to admit FL$ missed the boat on that one....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kid is going to Harvard....maybe time to admit FL$ missed the boat on that one....

What?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the time the kid was not elite. He was average. Igloo picked him up and he continued to work and became elite. Purely on his own through Shomberg. At the time he did not deserve to be on FLG. Igloo had nothing to do with his development. Just stop it and be realistic. Great kid. Great family.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the time the kid was not elite. He was average. Igloo picked him up and he continued to work and became elite. Purely on his own through Shomberg. At the time he did not deserve to be on FLG. Igloo had nothing to do with his development. Just stop it and be realistic. Great kid. Great family.

What a notIntelligent and disgraceful post! I am betting you are one of the disgruntled Manhasset dads who continue to talk smack even after their kid couldn't get recruited. Still over-served at Plandome and telling the world that your kid is better than the so-called "average" player heading to Harvard. What a lost you are! Hopefully your son will not get cut from his club team next year. And don't try to cover your tracks with the "great kid/ great family" platitude, because if you truly believed that you wouldn't post nasty comments about a kid who effectively just hit the lottery. Shame on you!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a nasty post about the kid at all. You are reading it wrong. In 8th or 9th grade the kid was not on any radar as one of the best fogo's on LI and was 50% at best. He kept developing and would've made any team as a junior/senior on LI. Development is not a linear line. Fortunately for him he had a steep arc. Leave Plandome alone. Good people there. I'm sure the folks at FLG are indeed happy for him. Great kid great family.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surprised FLG holding a tournament in NJ. Knowingly circumventing the protocols placed in affect by NYS with regards to public safety due to COVID-19. Another Supreme Court action, maybe...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surprised FLG holding a tournament in NJ. Knowingly circumventing the protocols placed in affect by NYS with regards to public safety due to COVID-19. Another Supreme Court action, maybe...

True. Travel clubs who sign their teams to participate in venue sanctioned by FLG is also liable for damages. As a precaution, if attending, take plenty of pictures of coaches, parents, kids, temp stations if any, restrooms, hand sanitizing stations, social distancing or not, signage, food vendors etc. US Lacrosse has washed their hands of all tournament events. Organizers are not close to following the guidelines of US Lacrosse. One would think, FLG would of learned!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are kidding, right? There are tournaments in almost every state bordering NY. Nothing special about holding one in NJ. Take your conspiracy theories back to the Trump land you anti-masker.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True. Travel clubs who sign their teams to participate in venue sanctioned by FLG is also liable for damages. As a precaution, if attending, take plenty of pictures of coaches, parents, kids, temp stations if any, restrooms, hand sanitizing stations, social distancing or not, signage, food vendors etc. US Lacrosse has washed their hands of all tournament events. Organizers are not close to following the guidelines of US Lacrosse. One would think, FLG would of learned!

You gotta be kidding.....

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard