Fall Showcases are Now Open - First up is the Labor Day D1Scovery Day Showcase for Boys & Girls | Send us your commitment story & Contact us for Lacrosse Events boosting. Keep Laxin'!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,284
Posts347,186
Members2,496
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 81 of 85 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 84 85
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
Joined: Oct 2012
A
Back of THE CAGE
*****
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*****
A
Joined: Oct 2012
In my opinion this tournament should be geared towards the rising juniors. Include the younger teams but showcase the rising juniors. With the change in recruiting this would be the best opportunity for players and teams to showcase their skill and it actually be worth the trip. When this tournament came into existence kids were getting commitments in 9th grade. Now its September of Junior year.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will the Nonstop complaining about age and holdbacks in youth lacrosse come to an end. If you did not notice in this age based wsyl tournament the avg ht of the kids was prob 5'8" + weighing up to 200 lbs, at 13 years olld!! Big kids come from big parents. Kids will always mature at different rates just fact of life. Once the kids hit JV and HS age will mean nothing. For those incessantly complaining about age at this grade level you only care about winning a tshirt and bragging about your kids team success. Having your kid play against better competition will only make him better, regardless of what goes behind it. Holdbacks are a fact of life, nothing you can do about it. Concern yourself more about the quality of coaching and how your kid is developing as a player than the age of opponents on a field. As always too much emphasis on winning those big tournaments than letting your kid develop. With a little hard work and time it all evens out in the end...

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two LI teams playing each other in Denver. Total waste of money for the families who don't have the money to blow.

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game
In my opinion this tournament should be geared towards the rising juniors. Include the younger teams but showcase the rising juniors. With the change in recruiting this would be the best opportunity for players and teams to showcase their skill and it actually be worth the trip. When this tournament came into existence kids were getting commitments in 9th grade. Now its September of Junior year.



I disagree, there are enough showcases out there for juniors. I have no son playing anymore so I have no interest in this other than enjoying really good young lax players play.
Keep it with the younger guys just like baseball LL does.

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
OK... OK... OK. We get it. The Bandits claim the on age title... Hawks, Duke's, ACS claim the grade based... Nobody cares. Move on. Next topic.


Actually, everyone cares except for the 14U player daddy's whose kids play on 13U teams because they aren't good enough to play on age in their own 14U bracket. How embarrassing for all of you!!


Bandits win the 13U. Which team wins the 14U?? Still Bandits 13U!

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game
In my opinion this tournament should be geared towards the rising juniors. Include the younger teams but showcase the rising juniors. With the change in recruiting this would be the best opportunity for players and teams to showcase their skill and it actually be worth the trip. When this tournament came into existence kids were getting commitments in 9th grade. Now its September of Junior year.

w.a.d.r. what a dumb idea. keep it age based. my rising junior just finished a prospect day with his 2020 group. at 15 years old he was almost 3 years younger than some of the private boys and 2 years younger than most other.there should be at least i tourny where boys can play on age,even if it is only for a b.s. world championship.and yes my boy did better than most at his position. he was selected for the all star game.has been playing up since 1st grade.

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
NLF will be at Lehigh with ESPN there and a couple
Of weeks. The writing is on the wall for the wsyl.
Teams will have their regular players there and the competition will exceed Denver.


So your team lost in Denver because you couldn’t bring your holdbacks. So WSYL is no good? Were you the one last week saying “real” teams were playing In Denver? Guess you weren’t as “stacked” as you thought. Good idea to refocus on the “cheat to win” plan to regain your “reputation” Great example you set for youth athletes !

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any player that gets held back for anything other than academics (or growth factors), is a cheater - parents are cheaters as well. Period. And the rest of the true age players and parents they know or play with hold them in contempt. And you are simply ignorant if you think otherwise. Must feel good to cheat to ‘get ahead’ - Don’t worry honest kids and parents. Karma will catch up to these losers.

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Any player that gets held back for anything other than academics (or growth factors), is a cheater - parents are cheaters as well. Period. And the rest of the true age players and parents they know or play with hold them in contempt. And you are simply ignorant if you think otherwise. Must feel good to cheat to ‘get ahead’ - Don’t worry honest kids and parents. Karma will catch up to these losers.


You mad bro? Hahaha! You're so emotional about youth sports. Time to reflect on your life.

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
When will the Nonstop complaining about age and holdbacks in youth lacrosse come to an end. If you did not notice in this age based wsyl tournament the avg ht of the kids was prob 5'8" + weighing up to 200 lbs, at 13 years olld!! Big kids come from big parents. Kids will always mature at different rates just fact of life. Once the kids hit JV and HS age will mean nothing. For those incessantly complaining about age at this grade level you only care about winning a tshirt and bragging about your kids team success. Having your kid play against better competition will only make him better, regardless of what goes behind it. Holdbacks are a fact of life, nothing you can do about it. Concern yourself more about the quality of coaching and how your kid is developing as a player than the age of opponents on a field. As always too much emphasis on winning those big tournaments than letting your kid develop. With a little hard work and time it all evens out in the end...


Are you insane? The average height and weight was no where close to what you claim. Nice to make up facts to try to fit your agenda.

So I assume you let your 13 year old drive and drink alcohol. Because, as you argue, they will all be doing this at HS, so why not at 13?? Right? Do you realize that the "its grade based at HS" argument is just false. What you do at the youth level should be about what is best for the youths who are playing. It should not be - let's just copy what they do in HS. No other youth sport says "let's do at our youth levels exactly what they do at HS, because you know, they will all be in HS eventually". Otherwise, baseball will have LL play on a ML size diamond, hockey would have checking at Squirts and Pee Wees, football will not use weight limits, etc.

The maturity argument is lame also. Of course kids mature at different rates. So do the older holdback kids. An on-age kid who matured early has an advantage; an older holdback kid who matured early has a bigger advantage. The strawman arguments don't work. No one is looking to eliminate kids who mature early. An age based system will just limit their effect (because they will just be more mature - not older AND more mature).

The "better competition" argument is also lame. Just find your kid's level on age. Or have your kid play up. Under any age based system, a parent will still be able to have their kid play up if that is what they want. Further, your team can play up if they seek better competition and the organization thinks its best for their development.

"Concern yourself more about the quality of coaching and how your kid is developing as a player than the age of opponents on a field." Just more of the same boring lame arguments. Maybe you are not capable of such, but most adults are able to multitask - their brains permit them to monitor their child's coaching and development while also "concerning" themselves about the ages of kids on the field. You may be able to do only one of these at a time, but most adults can handle both.

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
OK... OK... OK. We get it. The Bandits claim the on age title... Hawks, Duke's, ACS claim the grade based... Nobody cares. Move on. Next topic.

Yeah, it's a normal collar.

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great game WSYL 91 and LIE!

You are truly the gold standard for our kids.

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
Joined: Sep 2017
C
Back of THE CAGE
*****
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
*****
C
Joined: Sep 2017
Arguably, I'm new to the youth lacrosse scene, but what makes lacrosse unique vis-a-vis other youth sports? If football, basketball, soccer, etc. can utilize age-based teams/leagues, why not lacrosse? College recruiting is not a valid argument since all of those sports are also played in college. I guess the entrenched powers have reason to keep the status quo, but it seems like the current system encourages kids to be held back in school just to gain an advantage. Maybe the solution is just too obvious to work...

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great game WSYL 91 and LIE!

You are truly the gold standard for our kids.
Great game. Nothing like 91 Crush, not even comparable

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Great game WSYL 91 and LIE!

You are truly the gold standard for our kids.

Except Express couldn't win with their guest players....
No gold standard just just a bad attempt at cheating.

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do kids start dropping out of travel lax? In watching some of these tournaments, some of these kids are really terrible. Of course as long as someone is willing to pay these organizations will creat B and C teams. My son plays on a solid B. He is a fogo so a unique position and continues to develop the talent. There are kids on his team that can even catch consistently, barely run for the ball. It is like they don’t want to be there. I just can’t imagine forking out 3k to watch my kid give zero effort or bring a team down. So curious if the numbers start to dwindle.

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously Long Island has the best players in the country. Every year at an age based tournament 2 Long Island teams are in the finals. Strong Island Lax!

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously Long Island has the best players in the country. Every year at an age based tournament 2 Long Island teams are in the finals. Strong Island Lax!

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spoken by a true FLID.

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of credit to Chan, he figures out how to bring down the best player in the tourney to stock AJ's team. Makes Igloo and S2S look stupid.

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIE, you got a great team your players are phenomenal and they were great in Denver.
However, you have to class it up a notch or two on the sidelines.
.
Not saying you need to hit Brooks Brothers, but perhaps something better

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From a non-east coast parent, why was the crowd yelling boo and other choice words at Spallina? Is he hated that much?

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you want to know the difference 1 grade(8th graders) can make just look at express. The first team all world players were both in 8th grade. Now the one player is great and a starter on the Chan team and would start for any team out there. 1 year people. What a difference.

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Obviously Long Island has the best players in the country. Every year at an age based tournament 2 Long Island teams are in the finals. Strong Island Lax!

There's even better competition at LI tournaments than the wsyl. Total waste of money.

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]NLF will be at Lehigh with ESPN there and a couple
Of weeks. The writing is on the wall for the wsyl.
Teams will have their regular players there and the competition will exceed Denver.
Regular team? I gues you mean You need to see your Holdback 14/15 yrd old Johnny beat up on 13yr oldsHaHaHaHa


Yea, nothing like 15 year old playing against 13 year olds.. If that's what it takes for your son to win, to play against kids a year or 2 younger, whatever you are a loser..



You do realize that this is a ridiculous argument and not the norm...although people seem to whine about it incessantly.

Please do the math. The majority of all private and public schools have age limitations in high school. A student athlete cannot be 19 before the start of their senior year (some states July 1, Aug 31, Sept 1)... If you are thinking that kids are 15 in 7th grade >>rising 8th grade... That means the summer after 8th they are 16, the summer after 9th they are 17, summer after 10th they are 18 and the summer after 11th they are 19....making these students ineligible to play their senior year in high school.

Do you really think that youth lacrosse would trump being eligible/ineligible in high school?

Until a program or organization that hosts tournaments and leagues enforces the US Lacrosse age guidelines; which is the only way that all of this is remedied.... please stop griping and just deal with it.

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
LIE, you got a great team your players are phenomenal and they were great in Denver.
However, you have to class it up a notch or two on the sidelines.

Not saying you need to hit Brooks Brothers, but perhaps something better.

Man I’m guessing our boys knocked your boys out of the tournament seems you handle losing like your boys poorly. Tournament was great Have a nice day

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great game WSYL 91 and LIE!

You are truly the gold standard for our kids.
Great game. Nothing like 91 Crush, not even comparable

How about the '27 Yankees or the '69 Mets & Knicks.

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now watch the increase of tuition all the teams !!

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you want to know the difference 1 grade(8th graders) can make just look at express. The first team all world players were both in 8th grade. Now the one player is great and a starter on the Chan team and would start for any team out there. 1 year people. What a difference.



All World team......geez

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
was that booing you hear at the end of the WSYL game?? It looks like Express, down 3, drops back to let Bandits run out final seconds and then a kid goes in and scores with 5 seconds left. Stay classy Bandits.

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you want to know the difference 1 grade(8th graders) can make just look at express. The first team all world players were both in 8th grade.



All World team......geez


LI still has a stupid cutoff date for school.

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are all amazing. Nothing better to do than come here to complain. Pathetic. A lot of the same people doing the complaining post after post.

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
LIE, you got a great team your players are phenomenal and they were great in Denver.
However, you have to class it up a notch or two on the sidelines.

Not saying you need to hit Brooks Brothers, but perhaps something better.

Man I’m guessing our boys knocked your boys out of the tournament seems you handle losing like your boys poorly. Tournament was great Have a nice day

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
LIE, you got a great team your players are phenomenal and they were great in Denver.
However, you have to class it up a notch or two on the sidelines.

Not saying you need to hit Brooks Brothers, but perhaps something better.

Man I’m guessing our boys knocked your boys out of the tournament seems you handle losing like your boys poorly. Tournament was great Have a nice day

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
LIE, you got a great team your players are phenomenal and they were great in Denver.
However, you have to class it up a notch or two on the sidelines.

Not saying you need to hit Brooks Brothers, but perhaps something better.

Man I’m guessing our boys knocked your boys out of the tournament seems you handle losing like your boys poorly. Tournament was great Have a nice day

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
LIE, you got a great team your players are phenomenal and they were great in Denver.
However, you have to class it up a notch or two on the sidelines.

Not saying you need to hit Brooks Brothers, but perhaps something better.

Man I’m guessing our boys knocked your boys out of the tournament seems you handle losing like your boys poorly. Tournament was great Have a nice day


Nope! Re-read my first sentence. Love that team. Special respect to those boys that commute to play with you. Tons of heart.

My family watched the replay on ESPN last night. My youngest asked me why the one mom who was jumping in front of the camera like she was on MTV’s Daytona Spring Break was so purple? Then the guy who looked like a meth-cook with the beard got footage and I had to answer a whole slew of other questions. Then he asked me if the “normal people (families from 91) were going to be safe with “those other people”. Well it all got really weird trying to explain it all. You probably can appreciate his concern.

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is it wrong to wear your son's jersey in the stands? Everyone at the event was wearing something from the organization their son plays for. The Dad you call a Hammer Head has probably spent countless time and money supporting his son to get him to that point. The fact that he is proud of his son is admirable.

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]LIE, you got a great team your players are phenomenal and they were great in Denver.
However, you have to class it up a notch or two on the sidelines.

Not saying you need to hit Brooks Brothers, but perhaps something better.

Man I’m guessing our boys knocked your boys out of the tournament seems you handle losing like your boys poorly. Tournament was great Have a nice day

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
LIE, you got a great team your players are phenomenal and they were great in Denver.
However, you have to class it up a notch or two on the sidelines.

Not saying you need to hit Brooks Brothers, but perhaps something better.

Man I’m guessing our boys knocked your boys out of the tournament seems you handle losing like your boys poorly. Tournament was great Have a nice day

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
LIE, you got a great team your players are phenomenal and they were great in Denver.
However, you have to class it up a notch or two on the sidelines.

Not saying you need to hit Brooks Brothers, but perhaps something better.

Man I’m guessing our boys knocked your boys out of the tournament seems you handle losing like your boys poorly. Tournament was great Have a nice day

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
LIE, you got a great team your players are phenomenal and they were great in Denver.
However, you have to class it up a notch or two on the sidelines.

Not saying you need to hit Brooks Brothers, but perhaps something better.

Man I’m guessing our boys knocked your boys out of the tournament seems you handle losing like your boys poorly. Tournament was great Have a nice day


Nope! Re-read my first sentence. Love that team. Special respect to those boys that commute to play with you. Tons of heart.

My family watched the replay on ESPN last night. My youngest asked me why the one mom who was jumping in front of the camera like she was on MTV’s Daytona Spring Break was so purple? Then the guy who looked like a meth-cook with the beard got footage and I had to answer a whole slew of other questions. Then he asked me if the “normal people (families from 91) were going to be safe with “those other people”. Well it all got really weird trying to explain it all. You probably can appreciate his concern.



Ummmm. nope, cannot appreciate your concern one bit. First, something must be wrong with your tv if a person appeared purple. Second, if your kid is making comments like that, maybe you should expend some of the energy you use critiquing people's appearances on teaching your kid to not men rash judgments about people based upon their appearances. People like you you are exactly why there will always be prejudiced people in the world.

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry you and your son had to WATCH a replay of the game on ESPN. It was an awesome experience being there. One that you will never know....I guess your son wasnt on one of the 4 Long Island teams that made it. When you come down to express tryouts make sure you say hello!

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
LIE, you got a great team your players are phenomenal and they were great in Denver.
However, you have to class it up a notch or two on the sidelines.

Not saying you need to hit Brooks Brothers, but perhaps something better.

Man I’m guessing our boys knocked your boys out of the tournament seems you handle losing like your boys poorly. Tournament was great Have a nice day

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
LIE, you got a great team your players are phenomenal and they were great in Denver.
However, you have to class it up a notch or two on the sidelines.

Not saying you need to hit Brooks Brothers, but perhaps something better.

Man I’m guessing our boys knocked your boys out of the tournament seems you handle losing like your boys poorly. Tournament was great Have a nice day

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
LIE, you got a great team your players are phenomenal and they were great in Denver.
However, you have to class it up a notch or two on the sidelines.

Not saying you need to hit Brooks Brothers, but perhaps something better.

Man I’m guessing our boys knocked your boys out of the tournament seems you handle losing like your boys poorly. Tournament was great Have a nice day

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
LIE, you got a great team your players are phenomenal and they were great in Denver.
However, you have to class it up a notch or two on the sidelines.

Not saying you need to hit Brooks Brothers, but perhaps something better.

Man I’m guessing our boys knocked your boys out of the tournament seems you handle losing like your boys poorly. Tournament was great Have a nice day


Nope! Re-read my first sentence. Love that team. Special respect to those boys that commute to play with you. Tons of heart.

My family watched the replay on ESPN last night. My youngest asked me why the one mom who was jumping in front of the camera like she was on MTV’s Daytona Spring Break was so purple? Then the guy who looked like a meth-cook with the beard got footage and I had to answer a whole slew of other questions. Then he asked me if the “normal people (families from 91) were going to be safe with “those other people”. Well it all got really weird trying to explain it all. You probably can appreciate his concern.






Sticks and stones will break bones but your words will not tarnish the pride the parents have for their boys. Congrats to 91, Express and all the teams that made it to WSYL. Work hard and play hard!!

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]NLF will be at Lehigh with ESPN there and a couple
Of weeks. The writing is on the wall for the wsyl.
Teams will have their regular players there and the competition will exceed Denver.
Regular team? I gues you mean You need to see your Holdback 14/15 yrd old Johnny beat up on 13yr oldsHaHaHaHa


Yea, nothing like 15 year old playing against 13 year olds.. If that's what it takes for your son to win, to play against kids a year or 2 younger, whatever you are a loser..



You do realize that this is a ridiculous argument and not the norm...although people seem to whine about it incessantly.

Please do the math. The majority of all private and public schools have age limitations in high school. A student athlete cannot be 19 before the start of their senior year (some states July 1, Aug 31, Sept 1)... If you are thinking that kids are 15 in 7th grade >>rising 8th grade... That means the summer after 8th they are 16, the summer after 9th they are 17, summer after 10th they are 18 and the summer after 11th they are 19....making these students ineligible to play their senior year in high school.

Do you really think that youth lacrosse would trump being eligible/ineligible in high school?

Until a program or organization that hosts tournaments and leagues enforces the US Lacrosse age guidelines; which is the only way that all of this is remedied.... please stop griping and just deal with it.




The prep schools that make up the MIAA do not have to follow the state guidelines for age if they do not want to.

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of jealous people out there. Sad, really.

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
Joined: May 2017
C
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
C
Joined: May 2017
Please stop bashing those who attend the WSYL and to those who participated try and understand that there are differing levels of participation and importance of lacrosse in our children's lives. My son and I attended this year and it was an amazing experience as his team won a few games and got blown out in some others. Back home we have tons of friends that just don't understand what my son wants to do and accomplish in lacrosse partly because their kids have other interests or just haven't developed physically yet. I don't bash them and vice versa.

Page 81 of 85 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 84 85

Link Copied to Clipboard







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4