Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 11/25/20 10:39 PM
Boys 2028-5th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 11/25/20 10:05 PM
Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 11/25/20 09:21 PM
Boys 2022-11th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 11/25/20 07:28 PM
Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 11/25/20 06:52 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,144
Posts277,677
Members2,224
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 214 of 225 1 2 212 213 214 215 216 224 225
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
Anonymous #266611 07/04/18 09:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What happened to Igloo at WSYL??


Nothing, they lost in the quarter finals. Nothing to be ashamed of. That's why the games are played.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
Anonymous #266614 07/04/18 09:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]NLF will be at Lehigh with ESPN there and a couple
Of weeks. The writing is on the wall for the wsyl.
Teams will have their regular players there and the competition will exceed Denver.
Regular team? I gues you mean You need to see your Holdback 14/15 yrd old Johnny beat up on 13yr oldsHaHaHaHa


Here we go again!!!

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
Anonymous #266615 07/04/18 09:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]NLF will be at Lehigh with ESPN there and a couple
Of weeks. The writing is on the wall for the wsyl.
Teams will have their regular players there and the competition will exceed Denver.
Regular team? I gues you mean You need to see your Holdback 14/15 yrd old Johnny beat up on 13yr oldsHaHaHaHa


Parents are so deranged. They now call their cheating year-older kids "regular" players. Hey! "Regular" players are on age. Irregular kids are kids that are a year older kids that play down. That aint "regular". Those are loser kids that can't play with kids their own age.

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
TM@BOTC #266617 07/04/18 10:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What happened to Igloo at WSYL??


Nothing, they lost in the quarter finals. Nothing to be ashamed of. That's why the games are played.

They stink And so does S 2 S.

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
TM@BOTC #266618 07/04/18 10:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK... OK... OK. We get it. The Bandits claim the on age title... Hawks, Duke's, ACS claim the grade based... Nobody cares. Move on. Next topic.

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
TM@BOTC #266625 07/05/18 12:33 AM
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 380
A
Back of THE CAGE
*****
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*****
A
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 380
In my opinion this tournament should be geared towards the rising juniors. Include the younger teams but showcase the rising juniors. With the change in recruiting this would be the best opportunity for players and teams to showcase their skill and it actually be worth the trip. When this tournament came into existence kids were getting commitments in 9th grade. Now its September of Junior year.

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
TM@BOTC #266628 07/05/18 06:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will the Nonstop complaining about age and holdbacks in youth lacrosse come to an end. If you did not notice in this age based wsyl tournament the avg ht of the kids was prob 5'8" + weighing up to 200 lbs, at 13 years olld!! Big kids come from big parents. Kids will always mature at different rates just fact of life. Once the kids hit JV and HS age will mean nothing. For those incessantly complaining about age at this grade level you only care about winning a tshirt and bragging about your kids team success. Having your kid play against better competition will only make him better, regardless of what goes behind it. Holdbacks are a fact of life, nothing you can do about it. Concern yourself more about the quality of coaching and how your kid is developing as a player than the age of opponents on a field. As always too much emphasis on winning those big tournaments than letting your kid develop. With a little hard work and time it all evens out in the end...

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
TM@BOTC #266629 07/05/18 06:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two LI teams playing each other in Denver. Total waste of money for the families who don't have the money to blow.

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
America's Game #266631 07/05/18 06:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game
In my opinion this tournament should be geared towards the rising juniors. Include the younger teams but showcase the rising juniors. With the change in recruiting this would be the best opportunity for players and teams to showcase their skill and it actually be worth the trip. When this tournament came into existence kids were getting commitments in 9th grade. Now its September of Junior year.



I disagree, there are enough showcases out there for juniors. I have no son playing anymore so I have no interest in this other than enjoying really good young lax players play.
Keep it with the younger guys just like baseball LL does.

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
Anonymous #266634 07/05/18 07:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
OK... OK... OK. We get it. The Bandits claim the on age title... Hawks, Duke's, ACS claim the grade based... Nobody cares. Move on. Next topic.


Actually, everyone cares except for the 14U player daddy's whose kids play on 13U teams because they aren't good enough to play on age in their own 14U bracket. How embarrassing for all of you!!


Bandits win the 13U. Which team wins the 14U?? Still Bandits 13U!

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
America's Game #266636 07/05/18 07:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game
In my opinion this tournament should be geared towards the rising juniors. Include the younger teams but showcase the rising juniors. With the change in recruiting this would be the best opportunity for players and teams to showcase their skill and it actually be worth the trip. When this tournament came into existence kids were getting commitments in 9th grade. Now its September of Junior year.

w.a.d.r. what a dumb idea. keep it age based. my rising junior just finished a prospect day with his 2020 group. at 15 years old he was almost 3 years younger than some of the private boys and 2 years younger than most other.there should be at least i tourny where boys can play on age,even if it is only for a b.s. world championship.and yes my boy did better than most at his position. he was selected for the all star game.has been playing up since 1st grade.

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
Anonymous #266640 07/05/18 07:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
NLF will be at Lehigh with ESPN there and a couple
Of weeks. The writing is on the wall for the wsyl.
Teams will have their regular players there and the competition will exceed Denver.


So your team lost in Denver because you couldn’t bring your holdbacks. So WSYL is no good? Were you the one last week saying “real” teams were playing In Denver? Guess you weren’t as “stacked” as you thought. Good idea to refocus on the “cheat to win” plan to regain your “reputation” Great example you set for youth athletes !

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
Anonymous #266648 07/05/18 09:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any player that gets held back for anything other than academics (or growth factors), is a cheater - parents are cheaters as well. Period. And the rest of the true age players and parents they know or play with hold them in contempt. And you are simply ignorant if you think otherwise. Must feel good to cheat to ‘get ahead’ - Don’t worry honest kids and parents. Karma will catch up to these losers.

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
Anonymous #266653 07/05/18 10:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Any player that gets held back for anything other than academics (or growth factors), is a cheater - parents are cheaters as well. Period. And the rest of the true age players and parents they know or play with hold them in contempt. And you are simply ignorant if you think otherwise. Must feel good to cheat to ‘get ahead’ - Don’t worry honest kids and parents. Karma will catch up to these losers.


You mad bro? Hahaha! You're so emotional about youth sports. Time to reflect on your life.

Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
Anonymous #266658 07/05/18 11:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
When will the Nonstop complaining about age and holdbacks in youth lacrosse come to an end. If you did not notice in this age based wsyl tournament the avg ht of the kids was prob 5'8" + weighing up to 200 lbs, at 13 years olld!! Big kids come from big parents. Kids will always mature at different rates just fact of life. Once the kids hit JV and HS age will mean nothing. For those incessantly complaining about age at this grade level you only care about winning a tshirt and bragging about your kids team success. Having your kid play against better competition will only make him better, regardless of what goes behind it. Holdbacks are a fact of life, nothing you can do about it. Concern yourself more about the quality of coaching and how your kid is developing as a player than the age of opponents on a field. As always too much emphasis on winning those big tournaments than letting your kid develop. With a little hard work and time it all evens out in the end...


Are you insane? The average height and weight was no where close to what you claim. Nice to make up facts to try to fit your agenda.

So I assume you let your 13 year old drive and drink alcohol. Because, as you argue, they will all be doing this at HS, so why not at 13?? Right? Do you realize that the "its grade based at HS" argument is just false. What you do at the youth level should be about what is best for the youths who are playing. It should not be - let's just copy what they do in HS. No other youth sport says "let's do at our youth levels exactly what they do at HS, because you know, they will all be in HS eventually". Otherwise, baseball will have LL play on a ML size diamond, hockey would have checking at Squirts and Pee Wees, football will not use weight limits, etc.

The maturity argument is lame also. Of course kids mature at different rates. So do the older holdback kids. An on-age kid who matured early has an advantage; an older holdback kid who matured early has a bigger advantage. The strawman arguments don't work. No one is looking to eliminate kids who mature early. An age based system will just limit their effect (because they will just be more mature - not older AND more mature).

The "better competition" argument is also lame. Just find your kid's level on age. Or have your kid play up. Under any age based system, a parent will still be able to have their kid play up if that is what they want. Further, your team can play up if they seek better competition and the organization thinks its best for their development.

"Concern yourself more about the quality of coaching and how your kid is developing as a player than the age of opponents on a field." Just more of the same boring lame arguments. Maybe you are not capable of such, but most adults are able to multitask - their brains permit them to monitor their child's coaching and development while also "concerning" themselves about the ages of kids on the field. You may be able to do only one of these at a time, but most adults can handle both.

Page 214 of 225 1 2 212 213 214 215 216 224 225

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4