BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,535
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
The division title at the Sports Hub will be on the line on February 9th as the undefeated Sea Devils and Syosset Spartans face-off at 12:00noon. Good luck to both teams in chasing the division crown.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a WI parent I know NO kid was cut from the team. The 2 BS kids were added to the A team based on their talent. Ive seen them at practices and they can really play. BS and WI have a strong relationship (at least in this age group). We did a fall team together last year and are doing more tournaments together we were told. Sorry you have issues on your side. Not sure what you meant by contraversial win?? Weve had many good games in the past I think that will change now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
As a WI parent I know NO kid was cut from the team. The 2 BS kids were added to the A team based on their talent. Ive seen them at practices and they can really play. BS and WI have a strong relationship (at least in this age group). We did a fall team together last year and are doing more tournaments together we were told. Sorry you have issues on your side. Not sure what you meant by contraversial win?? Weve had many good games in the past I think that will change now.

Noone was cut nor was playing time decreased, but ask many of the parents from 91 w from WI if they are happy about it.

No matter how you spin it, it is wrong recruiting players. But don't worry Nassau PAL doesn't care so you'll get away with it.

I guess you don't remember the goal bay shore shot on was a galvanized steel cage with metal fencing as the net. Then I would also guess you don't remember the 3 goals that went in but hit an inside pipe and bounced right out, due to steel cage and were not counted. 1 to 2 of them being from one of the players playing with you now. So yeah, if they did play against each other the games might not be close, but then again I doubt they will ever play against each other again because for a good relationship to occur you need to have respect, something that has been lost.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont think there is a lack of respect between towns. I know we have a great respect for our neighbors. We dont recruit in PAL but we also dont refuse a kid wanting to play. As far as the steel caged lax game, I was not there but I can see it has had a profound effect on you. And lets not get into the 91 w parents. I live with them, they were pissed off long before any kid came here. Are all of your parents happy with their situation over there? Im guessing NO. You need to check with your parents why these boys left. Probably didnt get respect there and they walked. Cant blame them....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our town told us that it was against Nassau PAL rules for a boy from another school district to play in our PAL if that town had a PAL program. Beyond that, we were told that the rosters would be scrutinized this year and players would not be able to play in games.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not sure if Nassau only checks if the town the boy came from has a PAL team in Nassau. One plays Nassau the other Suffolk. The interesting part here is the two teams are very good teams.

Our town told us that it was against Nassau PAL rules for a boy from another school district to play in our PAL if that town had a PAL program. Beyond that, we were told that the rosters would be scrutinized this year and players would not be able to play in games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All you have to do is list an address for the kid in the town he is playing. I know our PAL team did it for a few out-of-towners. I have witnessed this in the town you speak of. Unfortunately, some coaches have no problem with this. At the same time, maybe PAL should allow maybe two out of town players per team. There are parents who get sick of some of the nonsense in their town's program and just want their kid to play somewhere. If it is just to stack a team with better players then isn't that what club is for ? If it was above board and PAL is informed, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kids who left Bay Shore had their reasons and did not leave to play on a "stacked" WI team. If it were only about winning or playing time they probably would have stayed as this Bay Shore team has only lost 1 or 2 games over the last few years playing in a weak Suffolk PAL division and these kids never came off the field (but that is another issue). The fact is a lot of the kids are not exactly excited playing on this team and almost all parents have expressed frustration at the lack of development, & playing time issues. The only options are to continue to suffer through or try to find another opportunity outside of Bay Shore because the powers that be in BS PAL will not change anything over there. Good kids leave the program all the time on all levels in BS, it is a program wide issue and nothing new, these kids are just the latest and unfortunately probably not the last.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kids who left Bay Shore had their reasons and did not leave to play on a "stacked" WI team. If it were only about winning or playing time they probably would have stayed as this Bay Shore team has only lost 1 or 2 games over the last few years playing in a weak Suffolk PAL division and these kids never came off the field (but that is another issue). The fact is a lot of the kids are not exactly excited playing on this team and almost all parents have expressed frustration at the lack of development, & playing time issues. The only options are to continue to suffer through or try to find another opportunity outside of Bay Shore because the powers that be in BS PAL will not change anything over there. Good kids leave the program all the time on all levels in BS, it is a program wide issue and nothing new, these kids are just the latest and unfortunately probably not the last.

So sad!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this response and the previous post regarding a sad day on the south shore were written by a Bay Shore parent or coach with the "A" team which apparently just lost 2 players, I, as a BS parent who is not part of the great "A" team, would like to point out your extreme hypocrisy. You feel bad for the boys who didn't make their town teams, and the communities, but do not mention how you secretly orchestrated to make your "A" team and tournament teams without giving every boy in BS an opportunity. Was that good for the BS community and the "B" kids? Did you ever feel bad for them? As far as recruiting and controversial wins go, why don't you mention how you often recruit that player from Islip to play with you at the expense of other BS boys who might like or deserve an opportunity; funny how his assists and goals and those wins aren't controversial. Nothing made you sad when you benefitted but now you claim to be so sad about so many things you are guilty of yourself, and you want sympathy, to judge others and pretend to be above it all, please! As for respect, I'm not sure you deserve any.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this response and the previous post regarding a sad day on the south shore were written by a Bay Shore parent or coach with the "A" team which apparently just lost 2 players, I, as a BS parent who is not part of the great "A" team, would like to point out your extreme hypocrisy. You feel bad for the boys who didn't make their town teams, and the communities, but do not mention how you secretly orchestrated to make your "A" team and tournament teams without giving every boy in BS an opportunity. Was that good for the BS community and the "B" kids? Did you ever feel bad for them? As far as recruiting and controversial wins go, why don't you mention how you often recruit that player from Islip to play with you at the expense of other BS boys who might like or deserve an opportunity; funny how his assists and goals and those wins aren't controversial. Nothing made you sad when you benefitted but now you claim to be so sad about so many things you are guilty of yourself, and you want sympathy, to judge others and pretend to be above it all, please! As for respect, I'm not sure you deserve any.

Yes always felt bad for them for many reasons
Still the best thing that happened
They were the first BS team to split by ability
Should have been done sooner look at what the future BS teams are doing
Younger players should've also been given opportunities
Finally 3 boys playing from one team to the other
Did coach of the developing team block player from moving to other team
Islip player never played PAL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do the Nassau pal schedules for spring come out? My son just started playing? Are the games all on Sunday's? Also, does anyone know what time range the games are played? Hoping after religion in the mornings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do the Nassau pal schedules for spring come out? My son just started playing? Are the games all on Sunday's? Also, does anyone know what time range the games are played? Hoping after religion in the mornings.

Games are as early as 8 am and as late as 4 pm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know of any league that is looking for a d pole for 6th grade for spring

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you.

Games are as early as 8 am and as late as 4 pm

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Results from the February 16th matches at the Long Island Sports Hub.

Cold Spring Harbor over Outlaws Silver, 13-4
Syosset over Rough Riders, 12-5
Syosset over Long Island Tomahawks, 13-3

Standings

GP W L T GF GA PTS GD
Syosset Spartans 6 6 0 0 89 20 18 69
SeaDevils 4 4 0 0 75 13 12 62
Cold Spring Harbor Blue 6th Gr 5 3 2 0 37 45 9 -8
Long Island Tomahawks 5 2 3 0 38 56 6 -18
Rough Riders 5 0 5 0 17 61 0 -44
Outlaws silver 6thgrade 5 0 5 0 14 75 0 -61

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How's riverhead doing at the sayville league? Have the tops teams met now? Who are they? How would the Spartans fare at Sayville? Sea devils? Who's going to Shamrock?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Riverhead is still undefeated. Had a tough game against Comesowogue last night. Riverhead won 15-14 without three starters...

I don't think the sea devils would be able to play because it's supposed to be a "town" league. Although a few of the towns are bringing kids from all over....

I haven't seen the spartans play...

How's riverhead doing at the sayville league? Have the tops teams met now? Who are they? How would the Spartans fare at Sayville? Sea devils? Who's going to Shamrock?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Riverhead is going to be really tough to beat. Bellport is still doing well only one loss and that was to Riverhead. They played again last night before our game and beat up W.Islip pretty good. Islip is still very strong. I haven't seen Sayville play but they are always good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset Spartans won 13-10 over Express Sea Devils at the Hub sixth grade division

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset Spartans won 13-10 over Express Sea Devils at the Hub sixth grade division

Good game. Not an Express team. Kids from many different clubs that are all in 5th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All express helmets except for the face off kid. Guess you'll bring the seventh graders next week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are you kidding? watched that game. no need for seventh graders those fifth graders are doing just fine. be careful i heard you have to play them again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who coaches the sea devils?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are you kidding? watched that game. no need for seventh graders those fifth graders are doing just fine. be careful i heard you have to play them again.

Of course you watched that game, you're a parent on that team. Exactly what I'm talking about, when you play again next week I'm sure you'll have 7th grade Express players so you don't lose again. Is that the standard answer from Express parents when you lose to a town team, that you're a younger team? If that's the case stop complaining and play in the Grade you're supposed to. No need for excuses, moving them up a grade level is your own doing. I'm sure that huge defenseman and a few of the other big kids on that team were 5th graders.......
It was a good game either way with great players on both teams. You have a good team, stop making excuses, you're making them look bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The silence is deafening . Definitely nobody from the Express

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know seadevils wouldnt be able to play theyre not signed up, just trying to get a sense of things.

Who is best 2019 sayville. Sounds like BS is imploding from prior posts, but saw them and where do they stand.

Riverhead is still undefeated. Had a tough game against Comesowogue last night. Riverhead won 15-14 without three starters...

I don't think the sea devils would be able to play because it's supposed to be a "town" league. Although a few of the towns are bringing kids from all over....

I haven't seen the spartans play...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You would think after about three months, the group that runds this league would be able to post some type of information on the standings, scores, and such....

Get it together Sayville league!!!!

How's riverhead doing at the sayville league? Have the tops teams met now? Who are they?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not sure why there needs to be trash talk, I caught the 2nd half of the game and it was probably the most competitive game I have seen at the hub so far. My younger son played after but my buddy kid played for the SeaDevils last season at Cantiague. I have watched a bunch of the games in the past. They are ALL 5th grade kids, about 3-4 town teams with Express/91 players as well. They have always played up and have been playing togehter for about 3-4yrs.
If you are playing again next week please post time and date cause I want to watch. Good luck SeaDevils!

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Only one match in the Sixth Grade boys bracket on February 23rd at the Long Island Sports Hub.

Syosset edges Sea Devils, 13-12

On closing day, March 2nd, the undefeated Syosset team will go against the second place Sea Devils. While Syosset has the division crown locked-up, this is a chance for the Sea Devils to spoil the undefeated and untied indoor season for Syosset. This figures to be a good match with the faceoff at 2:00pm.

Standings

GP W L T GF GA PTS GD
Syosset Spartans 7 7 0 0 102 32 21 70
SeaDevils 5 4 1 0 87 26 12 61

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not sure why there needs to be trash talk, I caught the 2nd half of the game and it was probably the most competitive game I have seen at the hub so far. My younger son played after but my buddy kid played for the SeaDevils last season at Cantiague. I have watched a bunch of the games in the past. They are ALL 5th grade kids, about 3-4 town teams with Express/91 players as well. They have always played up and have been playing togehter for about 3-4yrs.
If you are playing again next week please post time and date cause I want to watch. Good luck SeaDevils!

The real score was13-10 hub got it wrong and if you were really there watching "buddy kid" you would know that. Good Luck Syosset! More importantly, its winter lax, let the kids have fun. No need for trash talk on your end.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Only one match in the Sixth Grade boys bracket on February 23rd at the Long Island Sports Hub.

Syosset edges Sea Devils, 13-12

On closing day, March 2nd, the undefeated Syosset team will go against the second place Sea Devils. While Syosset has the division crown locked-up, this is a chance for the Sea Devils to spoil the undefeated and untied indoor season for Syosset. This figures to be a good match with the faceoff at 2:00pm.

Standings

GP W L T GF GA PTS GD
Syosset Spartans 7 7 0 0 102 32 21 70
SeaDevils 5 4 1 0 87 26 12 61

Score listed is incorrect. Correct score was Syosset 13, Sea Devils 10
Looks like the Hub mixed up the scores of the Syosset 7th grade vs. Northport Tigers with the Syosset 6th vs. Sea Devils game. That score was Syosset 13, Northport Tigers 12.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanx GOD you sent that email with the corrected score, Im not sure i would've made through the week not 5/6 grade indoor lacrosse score. Thanks again

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok enough of that, now onto, who is going to shamrock? It is 3 weeks away. Whose practicing? An early tournament that can show where the teams need to be. The teams who have played indoor together will look good, but yes outdoor is different.

Looks like Riverhead 2019 is in, is Syosset 2019?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Expre$$ stock answers if they lose are, younger team OR the whole team was'nt there, get it right, lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who cares, by the sound of it it was a good game. Do you really want to play Express' top 2019 team, be happy it was a good game. There are plenty of times players/parents show up for winter games and it is a joke. Then afterwards the winners pump their chest, for what beating a less skilled team, IMHO their is nothing more foolish than that. Be happy you're getting a good game for the kids sake.

BTW, a good town team should be a B or younger travel team. isnt that what you work for. (crush might be the exception but just for another year).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who cares, by the sound of it it was a good game. Do you really want to play Express' top 2019 team, be happy it was a good game. There are plenty of times players/parents show up for winter games and it is a joke. Then afterwards the winners pump their chest, for what beating a less skilled team, IMHO their is nothing more foolish than that. Be happy you're getting a good game for the kids sake.

BTW, a good town team should be a B or younger travel team. isnt that what you work for. (crush might be the exception but just for another year).
No chest pumping just posted score and nothing else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any scores from this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
team 91 site says a 91 team didnt show up at a game? That stinks I am sure there were other teams wishing they were playing and would have showed up early.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
team 91 site says a 91 team didnt show up at a game? That stinks I am sure there were other teams wishing they were playing and would have showed up early.
all true no show for oysterbay league game against outlaws sixth black

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard