BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,778
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Sky Walkers Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My kid loves SW's. I don't think she would ever leave.

And I'm sure you look cute wearing her gear. Spoiler alert.....You got a new SW sweatshirt for Christmas again this year. Wear it proud at the water fountain at work.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And I'm sure you look cute wearing her gear. Spoiler alert.....You got a new SW sweatshirt for Christmas again this year. Wear it proud at the water fountain at work.

Not the quoted parent here but I am proud to wear my daughter's SW gear. She has worked her butt off for a spot on the team and continues to do so daily. She is proud to be a Skywalker.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At least they'll wear their SW swag at work. What C2 or Flamingos swag are you getting?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At least they'll wear their SW swag at work. What C2 or Flamingos swag are you getting?

I receive a nice flamingo shirt. Difference is I am fit, trim and good looking. Most SW are kinda fat, out of shape individuals who are not good looking but talk a lot of trash. Merry Christmas

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I receive a nice flamingo shirt. Difference is I am fit, trim and good looking. Most SW are kinda fat, out of shape individuals who are not good looking but talk a lot of trash. Merry Christmas

That's a good one. I guess you are more into watching the parents than the games. What's your opinion of other clubs? I think MnD are probably the best looking - then comes heros or maybe TLC. What do you think of the LI parents?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK Molly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
""""It's interesting to read all of the haters and their comments about a man that has a great deal of passion for the sport and his players. None of you commenting have any clue why he's tough on the girls. Luckily enough, most parents do and actually laugh on the sideline as he yells and screams at their child. I'm a father who has no problem with my daughter giving MM a hug at the end of practice. In this world everybody has choices, so if you have an issue choose to go elsewhere. Based on the negativity I bet your daughter didn't get a choice and was sent packin', hence the negative vitriol. SW does not teach it's girls to be dirty BTW, however it does teach it's girls to be fierce and aggressive. What is wrong with that? Keep in mind that the team you referred to about "swinging sticks" are girls that are clumsy and just learning how to stick check. Give them a brea

Interesting indeed. Do tell which team you speak of as "clumsy and just learning how to stick check" There could be more then one team that plays like this? That would be a systemic coaching failure. "Fierce and aggressive" must still be played within the perimeters of the rules. Just because a certain team (SW) can't beat another team EVER, does not mean that the special "fierce and aggressive" SW hacking plan should be implemented. And what is with the coaches screaming and crying that every call against them is not fair? And the parents are just a pitiful cheering when kids get hurt? But now it makes sense...it just "fierce and aggressive" being taught along with your players going through their clumsy stages of life. My bad; the girls at this age will just have to accept loosing their front 2 teeth because of a stick hack to the face, while the SW girls work out an awkward phase in life. So give me a break

Aggressive play is great. I like it. But stop all the crying and feet stomping when said play is returned. And if some of your kids loose teeth or get hurt, just mark it up to "fierce and aggressive" coupled with "clumsy and just learning to stick check". I am certain you would understand.

SW are the YJ of Maryland. Cry, cry, cry...

So do you care to fess up to the team you are referring to as being unjustly criticize for going through their clumsy stage in life?

Typical SWs: its not our fault, not fair, our kids were cheated is why we loose...blah, blah, blah.

C2 mom/dad at it again. your are referring to the 22 blue team, correct?. its not enough that your 22 team beats SW, you and the other C2 parents have to complain about every foul like it should be an automatic red card. C2 parents whine like this against every team they play. SW never has this issue against ANY OTHER TEAM! SW has had some knock, down drag out games against M&D, TLC, Heros, NY teams and PA teams and girls from both team get knocked down and they get back up and keep playing, not roll around on the ground like they were just shot...thats were the tough love part come into play. see you in the spring snowflake.

My daughter plays for a Baltimore based club team and we have several friends who play for a variety of other clubs in town. Every single parent that I know who has a daughter in the 2022 age group shares the same opinion of the SW 2022 team: they do not play within the rules, commit cheap fouls, and most games against them become downright dangerous for the opposing team and often result in girls getting injured to the point of having to come out of the game. If the refereeing is even average, they (SW) take themselves out of the game by giving up possession over and over again due to not playing according to the rules. They beat themselves. I, too, am all for teaching girls to play fast, aggressive lacrosse but I have to wonder what is going on at SW practices.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
""""It's interesting to read all of the haters and their comments about a man that has a great deal of passion for the sport and his players. None of you commenting have any clue why he's tough on the girls. Luckily enough, most parents do and actually laugh on the sideline as he yells and screams at their child. I'm a father who has no problem with my daughter giving MM a hug at the end of practice. In this world everybody has choices, so if you have an issue choose to go elsewhere. Based on the negativity I bet your daughter didn't get a choice and was sent packin', hence the negative vitriol. SW does not teach it's girls to be dirty BTW, however it does teach it's girls to be fierce and aggressive. What is wrong with that? Keep in mind that the team you referred to about "swinging sticks" are girls that are clumsy and just learning how to stick check. Give them a break

Interesting indeed. Do tell which team you speak of as "clumsy and just learning how to stick check" There could be more then one team that plays like this? That would be a systemic coaching failure. "Fierce and aggressive" must still be played within the perimeters of the rules. Just because a certain team (SW) can't beat another team EVER, does not mean that the special "fierce and aggressive" SW hacking plan should be implemented. And what is with the coaches screaming and crying that every call against them is not fair? And the parents are just a pitiful cheering when kids get hurt? But now it makes sense...it just "fierce and aggressive" being taught along with your players going through their clumsy stages of life. My bad; the girls at this age will just have to accept loosing their front 2 teeth because of a stick hack to the face, while the SW girls work out an awkward phase in life. So give me a break.

Aggressive play is great. I like it. But stop all the crying and feet stomping when said play is returned. And if some of your kids loose teeth or get hurt, just mark it up to "fierce and aggressive" coupled with "clumsy and just learning to stick check". I am certain you would understand.

SW are the YJ of Maryland. Cry, cry, cry...

So do you care to fess up to the team you are referring to as being unjustly criticize for going through their clumsy stage in life?

Typical SWs: its not our fault, not fair, our kids were cheated is why we loose...blah, blah, blah.

C2 mom/dad at it again. your are referring to the 22 blue team, correct?. its not enough that your 22 team beats SW, you and the other C2 parents have to complain about every foul like it should be an automatic red card. C2 parents whine like this against every team they play. SW never has this issue against ANY OTHER TEAM! SW has had some knock, down drag out games against M&D, TLC, Heros, NY teams and PA teams and girls from both team get knocked down and they get back up and keep playing, not roll around on the ground like they were just shot...thats were the tough love part come into play. see you in the spring snowflake.

My daughter plays for a Baltimore based club team and we have several friends who play for a variety of other clubs in town. Every single parent that I know who has a daughter in the 2022 age group shares the same opinion of the SW 2022 team: they do not play within the rules, commit cheap fouls, and most games against them become downright dangerous for the opposing team and often result in girls getting injured to the point of having to come out of the game. If the refereeing is even average, they (SW) take themselves out of the game by giving up possession over and over again due to not playing according to the rules. They beat themselves. I, too, am all for teaching girls to play fast, aggressive lacrosse but I have to wonder what is going on at SW practices.

if you are wondering what goes on at their practices why don't you go to one if you are so concerned, the practice schedule is on the SW website

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would rather watch paint dry

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They do not have the moniker Skyswipers for no reason. Even teams from Long Island and Philadelphia know the reputation of SW. It is not a good one when it comes to how they play. Yes they have talented girls, are coached well, will end up a good lacrosse schools, but they do not need to play the way that they are.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They do not have the moniker Skyswipers for no reason. Even teams from Long Island and Philadelphia know the reputation of SW. It is not a good one when it comes to how they play. Yes they have talented girls, are coached well, will end up a good lacrosse schools, but they do not need to play the way that they are.

its playing the way they do that gets them to good lacrosse schools. The LI, NJ and Philly teams play the same way and their parents never complain about the style of play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As the mother of a SW player, I will admit that the girls are coached to use questionable tactics. They are coached to push the boundary on legal/illegal checks and how to get away with certain things. If you watch college games, these same things are going on in those games so the way I look at it, they are being prepared for the future.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope you don’t feel that your post is a positive one! These are middle school girls not college players. No sport would you coach the way you are stating should be sportsmanship and fundamentals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have coached against SW's teams for the past 10 years at various age groups and my daughter's teams have played against them for 6. In no way have I ever seen dirty play from any of their players, just raw determination and phenomenal interior passing. They have certainly raised the bar for me and my teams and I'm grateful that my players and daughter get a chance to compete with them. Their organization is well revered nationally talent wise. Yes, you will have the haters, most of them parents of "Suzie go to Goal", but coaches in general have a great deal of respect for them, unless they are "parent coaches"!

Keep up the great job Mike and Molly. Too bad your location of practices was not ideal for our family.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As the mother of a SW player, I will admit that the girls are coached to use questionable tactics. They are coached to push the boundary on legal/illegal checks and how to get away with certain things. If you watch college games, these same things are going on in those games so the way I look at it, they are being prepared for the future.

No way this is from a SW parent. My daughter plays for SW and switching was a massive upgrade from her former club. The level of organization (Molly) and the emphasis on fundamentals, stick skills and conditioning are why we are happy. They play in all of the best tournaments and seem to have good connections with the coaching community. If you live in central Maryland, M&D and SW are light years ahead of everyone else.

As for being taught rough play (which is a total fallacy), let the referees worry about that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No way this is from a SW parent. My daughter plays for SW and switching was a massive upgrade from her former club. The level of organization (Molly) and the emphasis on fundamentals, stick skills and conditioning are why we are happy. They play in all of the best tournaments and seem to have good connections with the coaching community. If you live in central Maryland, M&D and SW are light years ahead of everyone else.

As for being taught rough play (which is a total fallacy), let the referees worry about that.

Sorry you feel that way, but yes my daughter does play for SW. Not sure what grade your daughter is, but if it hasn't happened yet, just wait. Never did I say they didn't emphasize fundamentals and especially conditioning. But the truth is, they do teach the girls to be a little rough and to push boundaries with regards to physical play. I don't look at it as a bad thing necessarily, but it is common practice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry you feel that way, but yes my daughter does play for SW. Not sure what grade your daughter is, but if it hasn't happened yet, just wait. Never did I say they didn't emphasize fundamentals and especially conditioning. But the truth is, they do teach the girls to be a little rough and to push boundaries with regards to physical play. I don't look at it as a bad thing necessarily, but it is common practice.

This is by far the most far fetched post I've read on this Skywalkers site. You have got to be a troll of all trolls, oh and an imposter. Please find better things to do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is by far the most far fetched post I've read on this Skywalkers site. You have got to be a troll of all trolls, oh and an imposter. Please find better things to do.

Far fetched? If you dispute this your daughter either doesn't play for a Skywalkers Blue team or if she does she is still in middle school or younger. I've had 3 daughters play for SW. They have all done very well and been recruited. They were all coached the same way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ouch...what happened to the future stars of the Sky-hackers? They got thumped by Top Gun LI this weekend at the indoor championships. I bet the parents think something was not fair.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ouch...what happened to the future stars of the Sky-hackers? They got thumped by Top Gun LI this weekend at the indoor championships. I bet the parents think something was not fair.

Right because indoor is a great indicator about how teams perform on the field. From the small rosters to no draws between goals it's barely the same sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you failed to mention that SW was 3-1 over all, but that does not fit your narrative

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL... I stand corrected. Yes, they beat a couple “B” teams and the M&D 2024 Red. And if I am not mistaking, isn’t the red team their “B” team, let alone a 24? All the information is listed on Tourney Machine. What really matters is what happened when they played against the big girls teams.

I am certain the girls had a great time, which is really what matters. Even if the parent the parents think it wasn’t fair.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL... I stand corrected. Yes, they beat a couple “B” teams and the M&D 2024 Red. And if I am not mistaking, isn’t the red team their “B” team, let alone a 24? All the information is listed on Tourney Machine. What really matters is what happened when they played against the big girls teams.

I am certain the girls had a great time, which is really what matters. Even if the parent the parents think it wasn’t fair.

Didn't Top Guns get smoked when they played M&D Black? Go back to the LI forums. Why you on here bragging when you lost too?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

why do the parents think it's unfair?...and why do you even care?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No worries. The future is always bright for the younger SW teams. That’s called coaching. They develop into mentally/physically strong young ladies. When you daughter commits to “crap-u” or “$$$$-state” you won’t be questioning a game that occured during their 7th grade season, hey but good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No worries. The future is always bright for the younger SW teams. That’s called coaching. They develop into mentally/physically strong young ladies. When you daughter commits to “crap-u” or “$$$$-state” you won’t be questioning a game that occured during their 7th grade season, hey but good luck!

Thank you for your input Molly/MM, however I am pretty sure you don't need to have come from SW to go play for a top notch program. Your "crap-u" and "$$$$-state" comment is beneath you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the explanation for SW only having one top team currently? The 21's are very good but the 19s, 20s and 22s and younger are all mediocre. Is it that there are just more options now other than the berating and awkward hugs for the old creeper?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the explanation for SW only having one top team currently? The 21's are very good but the 19s, 20s and 22s and younger are all mediocre. Is it that there are just more options now other than the berating and awkward hugs for the old creeper?

what happened, your little all star get cut from one of the blue teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha. Nah. My little all star has never lost to SW

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha. Nah. My little all star has never lost to SW

you must be one of those M&D morons whose kids is on black but never plays

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NOPE! How many clubs are there that you’ve never beaten? Week we know there’s more then one

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NOPE! How many clubs are there that you’ve never beaten? Week we know there’s more then one

Congratulations!! You must be proud. Similarly we are very proud of our daughter's and their hard work. Not trying to make a point here, just that we have much in common.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moms and daughter really go at it with other clubs. Meow!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]NOPE! How many clubs are there that you’ve never beaten? Week we know there’s more then one[/quote
Good for your team...your still a stunad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]NOPE! How many clubs are there that you’ve never beaten? Week we know there’s more then one[/quote
Good for your team...your still a stunad.

LOL. And what do you call someone, that calls someone a "stunad", while using the possessive adjective "your"?

This is basic grammar school stuff. YOU ARE (or you're)(contraction) looking like the real stunod.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you all for insightfulness into Skywalkers. For people who have never had a kid in the program you all certainly know everything about the club. I am sure the club your daughter is on is perfect and all the parents are perfect as well. From all us Skywalkers' parents we thank you for not being a part of Skywalkers and wish you the best with your club. Please go start a forum specifically for your club. The directions are in the menu bar at the top of the page.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have any idea how you would go about playing lacrosse for McDonough?
Do you need to go there for middle school?
Do they "already know about you" if you start in 9th grade?
Is there such a thing as a "walk-on" there?
My daughter doesn't play club for M&D- commonly assumed a feeder team for McD.
Lets assume we start there in 9th. My daughter hasn't played with any of the other M&D girls (but we have played against and won) so its a bit intimidating (its a girl thing) to being a new girl and not getting passed or played the ball because the others don't know you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Robinson hand picks his players and the rest fill in. If he doesn't know the kid, chances are slim of playing for him. Always an exception though. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have any idea how you would go about playing lacrosse for McDonough?
Do you need to go there for middle school?
Do they "already know about you" if you start in 9th grade?
Is there such a thing as a "walk-on" there?
Lets assume we start there in 9th. My daughter hasn't played with any of the other M&D girls (but we have played against and won) so its a bit intimidating (its a girl thing) to being a new girl and not getting passed or played the ball because the others don't know you.

Everyone who tries out, makes a team. Either varsity, JV or freshmen team...etc. It may not be the team you like and might have 50 kids on the team, but you make it. With that being said, if you are good enough, you will be noticed. And yes, some are already slotted for the varsity team. But you will never know until you shell your 30K and give it a try. And yeah...good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have any idea how you would go about playing lacrosse for McDonough? Tryouts are 2nd or 3rd week of February

Do you need to go there for middle school? No playing in middle school has no impact on playing in high school.

Do they "already know about you" if you start in 9th grade? The coaches attend 8th grade games during the summer and fall.

Is there such a thing as a "walk-on" there? Yes

Lets assume we start there in 9th. My daughter hasn't played with any of the other M&D girls (but we have played against and won) so its a bit intimidating (its a girl thing) to being a new girl and not getting passed or played the ball because the others don't know you. It doesnt matter where you played club lacrosse. There is no feeder system

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard