@BackOfTheCAGE
This thread will be used for discussion and coverage of the Skywalkers Girls Lacrosse program.

Program History

The Sky Walkers Lacrosse Program was founded in 1997 with a single team of high school athletes, most of whom would graduate in 2000. The first team included my daughter Molly McLaughlin.

The goal of the Program was to teach the Sky Walkers that by playing with "no limitations" they could achieve a level of freedom, which would allow them to be recruited to compete at the collegiate level.

When the first Sky Walkers' team graduated in 2000, with all the seniors going to Division I colleges to play lacrosse, there remained approximately four players, who were underclassmen, who wanted to continue to play. As a result, the 2nd Sky Walker team was formed. By the time the members of the second team graduated from high school as future collegiate athletes, a determination was reached to form a permanent lacrosse program for girls.

Within a year or so, it was felt that two teams per year could play with similar success for each team. Since 2003 the Sky Walkers have fielded two teams per year – Sky Walkers Blue & White. The goal of each team is to develop collectively and individually into collegiate lacrosse athletes.

The ultimate desire of the Program is to utilize lacrosse as an opportunity to compete at the highest collegiate level. This experience – which challenges a player constantly to face competition, overcome adversity, and develop self-confidence – will forge the player into a young woman. This young woman will be prepared to face any situation knowing that she can succeed in any endeavor or profession she chooses to pursue in life.

The guiding principles of the Program are that a girl who is an athlete; who possesses parents who will allow the journey to be their daughter's journey; and who has character (along with a good academic record), can succeed as a collegiate lacrosse player. It is that player, who develops a passion for the game; who is willing to work harder than any other player; and who is able to believe she has "no limitations" on the field who will realize her dream. The Sky Walkers Lacrosse Program holds that it is not winning, which will allow a player to succeed; rather, it is the journey during which each and every player progressively develops and matures into an athlete.

The Program is honored that two Tewaaraton winners, Katie Chrest (SW 2002) from Duke University and Caitlyn McFadden (SW 2006) from the University of Maryland are Sky Walker Alumnae. The Program likewise is honored that the National Defender of the year in 2009 and 2010, Sarah McKinley (SW 2006) from Salisbury University is an alumna. Further, two Sky Walkers were selected as Female Athletes of the Year in their senior year, namely, Emily Franke (SW 2007), a Vanderbilt Commodore, and Corey Donohoe (SW 2007), a University of North Carolina Tarheel. Moreover, Sarah Flynn (SW 2007) received the Outstanding Achievement Award upon her graduation from Stanford University.

Numerous Sky Walkers have been chosen as All-Americans, team captains, and showered with other similar honors. Countless Sky Walkers have been nominated to play on the United States Teams - both Developmental and Elite.

A recent development with the Sky Walkers' alumnae is the significant number of players, who have chosen to become coaches in the college ranks. It is a tribute to the Sky Walkers' passion for the game and desire to pass on their successful experiences as college athletes to young women, who are following their paths.

A matter of singular pride is the number of outstanding "teachers" who have given their time, talent, and passion by coaching the Sky Walkers' teams from the onset of the Program to the present. They did and continue to imbue the players with the knowledge that developing as a Sky Walker into a collegiate athlete is a life-lesson, which they will learn as Sky Walkers then carry with them for the rest of their lives. Then there are the fathers and mothers, who have volunteered to be team parents. These individuals are the glue, which helps make the Program successful.

A question frequently posited is why was the Program named "Sky Walkers." It was my desire to teach the players to feel they had no limits so could walk in the sky by feeling so free about their play.
Sky Walkers Open House - September 6th - 6:00pm-8:00pm

Registration will open August 1, 2013
September 6, 2013
6:00 - 8:00 pm
Towson, MD

The Sky Walkers Lacrosse Program (est. 1997), one of the original girls lacrosse programs in the country, will be hosting an Open House for prospective players interested in the Sky Walkers Lacrosse Program in the 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 graduation years.

Players and parents are cordially invited to attend.

The goal of the Program is to place all of the athletes at NCAA Division I Colleges.

Logistics

Event: Sky Walkers Lacrosse Program 2012 Open House
Date: Friday, September 6, 2013
Time: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Who: Prospective Athletes in High School Graduation Years 2017 - 2021

Purpose

1.Introduce prospective athletes to the Sky Walkers Lacrosse Program, its philosophy, and training methods.

2.Give prospective athletes the opportunity to see if they possess the ability and desire to join the program.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Sky Walkers Lacrosse -
skywalkers, you are the best, parents, coaches and players a real class act ... saw you guys in florida last week. keep it going. from a topgun parent
Sky Walkers 2013 Open House (September 2013)

2021 & 2022 - September 22 - 4:00 - 6:00 pm - Maryvale Preparatory

The Sky Walkers Lacrosse Program (est. 1997), one of the original girls lacrosse programs in the country, will be hosting an Open House for prospective players interested in the Sky Walkers Lacrosse Program in the 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, & 2022 graduation years.

The goal of the Program is to place all of the athletes at NCAA Division I Colleges.
Anyone in ocean city maryland - don't go
To the blue ox - roaches in the nachos
Wish somebody had told me had bad this
Place was
Originally Posted by CageSage
Sky Walkers 2013 Open House (September 2013)

2021 & 2022 - September 22 - 4:00 - 6:00 pm - Maryvale Preparatory

The Sky Walkers Lacrosse Program (est. 1997), one of the original girls lacrosse programs in the country, will be hosting an Open House for prospective players interested in the Sky Walkers Lacrosse Program in the 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, & 2022 graduation years.

Is the Blue or the White the top team for Skywalkers?
Blue
Is Skywalkers still planning on attending National Draw? Apparently M&D is bailing - guess they can no longer dominate that tourney so it's time to move on, very disappointing
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is Skywalkers still planning on attending National Draw? Apparently M&D is bailing - guess they can no longer dominate that tourney so it's time to move on, very disappointing

Or perhaps they just decided to play in a better tournament in lax for the cure and play in a local tournament the weekend of national draw that has much more competition.
GT invite tourney only on good match up in 2022 crabs hawks.
Breakers play nobody nor do the cannons. Will be hard to tell who the top 2022 team will be heading into the spring season. Where is Arden are they doing any fall tournaments? Did Breakers lose a lot of kids from 11u last year they had some 2021 kids on their team along with the Cannons. Hawks have some major pickups and first year for 2022 crabs. In 2 weeks maybe some answers

Or perhaps they just decided to play in a better tournament in lax for the cure and play in a local tournament the weekend of national draw that has much more competition.

It seems that there was plenty of competition for M&D at ND, only one team made it out of their bracket!

It seems that there was plenty of competition for M&D at ND, only one team made it out of their bracket!

Don't be mad that Skywalkers follows M&D around and after finally going to ND last year M&D is leaving. That tournament is not what it was.
Hi
My 13 year old daughter wants a lacrosse stick for Christmas she plays defense and mid. Can anyone recommend a good stick she had an almonte 2 but its best days are behind it. Any input would be great thanks
Well its all about what she wants. There are little things deffernt about the sticks. But its mostly in the kids heads about thre stick. So if she thinks in the best its the best. But lighter is always better.
Opinions on Skywalkers' coaching? Motivating or abusive...
There is no real answer to this. Its the "you will know when you see it" answer. Some kids need, want to be put in there place. Other kids want you to explain everything to them in a inside voice. I have three kids the older two I tell the coaches to yell and get to the point as fast as you can. With the youngest I tell the coach she plays better if you give her a why and let her know it will make you happy if she does it this way or that.
I think their on field performance shows your where most parents fall in this argument. When they were the only top option, MM could get away with this behavior. Skywalkers is not getting the kids they once did because most kids don't need to be berated and belittled by their coaches. There are other options out there where this doesn't occur. If he doesn't change the way he deals with the girls the program is going to fall apart imho.
MM is abusive. Tells girls that they are slugs and throws them off the field. I think his time has passed. The game has changed and he is not changing with it. His precious "blue" team never gets reprimanded. Other more impressive clubs are moving into the area and MM is no longer getting the best athletes.
My 5th grade daughter is a slightly above average player. There are approximately 8 club teams vying for her attention and the attention of her friends (and decimating the MYLA teams in the process). A screamer is going to have a very hard time competing with clubs that are sugar and spice and everything nice. Add poor results in the win/loss columns and you have a program in steep decline.
My 5th grade daughter is a slightly above average player. There are approximately 8 club teams vying for her attention and the attention of her friends (and decimating the MYLA teams in the process). A screamer is going to have a very hard time competing with clubs that are sugar and spice and everything nice. Add poor results in the win/loss columns and you have a program in steep decline.

Yeah. With their 2020 team 1-4 and their 2021 team 0-6 in NYPGLL, hard to imagine how they are going to keep the few decent players they have. Let alone draw new ones. They are surviving on their name and legacy kids alone at this point
Skywalkers is used to pulling the best athletes after they have already been developed and normally when they are in 8th or 9th grade. Now that they need to develop the younger players, they are losing.
And they are not the only club in town anymore. Skywalkers has seen its best days. MM needs to see the writing on the wall. Screaming isn't going to get it done.
Skywalkers is used to pulling the best athletes after they have already been developed and normally when they are in 8th or 9th grade. Now that they need to develop the younger players, they are losing.
And they are not the only club in town anymore. Skywalkers has seen its best days. MM needs to see the writing on the wall. Screaming isn't going to get it done.

Sounds like LI Yellow Jackets!
So help me understand why my daughter shouldn't try out for Skywalkers. I know of and have seen MM go crazy at practices when I was at the same site for my daughter's club practice, but is it just one team or does he float around? Is he the only lunatic out there? i have to think they have a good program in place for practices, development, etc.
It is Mike and Molly. They not only roam around at practices, but I have seen them roaming to different fields at tournaments berating the girls on teams that he didn't coach. He'd stand and scream at them for 15 minutes and then move on to another field. While their high school teams are still good, their middle school and younger teams are not. Their 2019 is now middle of the pack and the 2020 and 2021 teams were two of the worst for their ages this spring.

There are so many more options out there without dealing with those two. They could get away with it for years because they were the top dog. Now that parents have seen M&D, Heros, TLC surpass them, there is no reason to subject your daughter to it. Like you, my daughter practiced on a field next to a Mike run Skywalkers practice and that was all I needed to see to not even look into them as an option. My daughter went to M&D and loves it.
Better check your stats again, Skywakers 2020 white had a great Spring season, 9-1, if memory serves. Skywalkers consistently produces top quality teams. No one is perfect though and no one is going to dominate the world of club lacrosse any longer with som many teams. Every program has its ups and downs. Huge fan of Michael and Molly and the Skywalkers program though. They are top notch. They may get on the girls and push them and might not be PC all the time but if you understand what they are trying to achieve, you will want to be part of it. This Coming from a parent that doesn't believe every kid deserves a trophy for showing up, hard work and dedication comes first. Losses keep you humble and make you work harder to improve.
Better check your stats again, Skywakers 2020 white had a great Spring season, 9-1, if memory serves. Skywalkers consistently produces top quality teams. No one is perfect though and no one is going to dominate the world of club lacrosse any longer with som many teams. Every program has its ups and downs. Huge fan of Michael and Molly and the Skywalkers program though. They are top notch. They may get on the girls and push them and might not be PC all the time but if you understand what they are trying to achieve, you will want to be part of it. This Coming from a parent that doesn't believe every kid deserves a trophy for showing up, hard work and dedication comes first. Losses keep you humble and make you work harder to improve.

It's great you are enjoying Skywalkers, but did you really just tout Skywalkers White team as a sign that their methods were working? How'd Skywalkers Blue teams do this spring?
You do no need to subject your daughter to this club. MM humiliates, degrades and is not an appropriate coach. Plain and simple, go to another club. That's what everyone else is doing and that's why Skywalkers is failing.
Not very well.
You do no need to subject your daughter to this club. MM humiliates, degrades and is not an appropriate coach. Plain and simple, go to another club. That's what everyone else is doing and that's why Skywalkers is failing.

Well said. Why any parent would subject their daughter to this man is beyond me. I doubt they are even considered a top club in 5 years if he doesn't remove himself from the sidelines.
H
No doubt this club is competitive but the head is over the top. I witnessed a practice last week where he was berating the girls non-stop...then he made them hug him at the end....borderline creepy. His daughter is no better, much better options in Baltimore, unless you or your daughter is a sado masochist with extreme Daddy issues
So I respectfully question the motivation for those who care to put down Sky Walkers' program and similarly the motivation of those who care to criticize those who choose to play for Sky Walkers. I have no interest in criticizing your choice - each to her own. My daughter has played for various programs and loves her Sky Walkers' experience and family. In my daughter's own words - playing for Sky Walkers makes her want to work harder and she never, ever feels badly about herself after making a mistake - to the contrary, she knows that she is supported in making mistakes in the journey to be the best she can be and she feels nothing but support from her coaches (including Mike and Molly - the attention of whom she and her teammates crave). To those who care about winning - don't bother checking out Sky Walkers. Mike and Molly are passionate about developing the self-confidence of young women. Never once have I heard Mike or Molly or any other SW coach "berate" a girl for making a mistake. But yes, if a girl is not giving her best effort - then she will be pushed. My daughter plays other sports and sadly she often feels / has felt like she disappoints the coach and/or the coach is angry at her or her teammates for not winning or making a mistake. Sky Walkers' coaches create an environment where girls play for themselves and each other and the focus is trying your best and letting the winning be secondary - truly a huge (and I think valuable) difference. Yes Sky Walkers' strongest teams are historically older teams, and that is to be commended since it should be the girls' own choice to take part in a club that is, while undeniably and unapologetically intense, also incredibly supportive. For young ladies who want to play lacrosse in college, I encourage them to do their own research, including asking college coaches what they think of the Sky Walkers program.
You of course are entitle to your own opinion. I however, witnessed several times Mike berating young girls in practice as my daughter had rec practice on the next field. If you think that is the proper way to "push" young women, then have at it. I decided at that point I would never let me daughter play for that organization and I have zero regrets about where she ended up. Obviously based on their numbers and performance over the last couple of years, you may be in the minority. Skywalkers used to be the top dog in the area and they could get away with these antics. Parents have now seen that those same antics aren't required to push girls to get better. You can go out to an M&D, Heros, TLC, etc practice and see that girls are being pushed without being berated and talked down to. In most ages, these same teams are better than their Skywalkers counterparts. To each their own I guess.
Respectfully question peoples opinion????? the head coach is a nut, but if you want to subject your daughter to his antics to make her a better lacrosse player, he's all yours. His daughter and son are no better, little crazy clones. Skywalkers are a talented program, just not for every family. Had my daughter stayed I would have a very hard time watching Mike berate my daughter, make many girls cry and then demand hugs after practice and games. Good luck and yes, many girls from that program will go onto good schools and play lacrosse.
The authors of the two above comments miss my point and are focusing on defining what makes / who are the "best teams". I realize people who make comments such as these will not want their girls to play for Skywalkers and truth be told, I am glad. No doubt, not every girl is a match for SW and that is absolutely ok. We (and many others obviously) support girls in choosing to play for Skywalkers for reasons beyond the fact that they may win games or go on to play at good schools - the last thing we would do is choose a club based on "numbers and performance". It is so much more than that, and that is what we value. I am happy there are so many great clubs out there for girls and I wish them all the best. I hope everyone out there comes to the realization that there is no reason to hate (especially when your own daughter isn't part of the program you are hating on). I have no reason to speak negatively about other clubs and I just wish everyone else would do the same.
I don't see any discussion about being better teams. The points were that Mike and Molly verbally berate and belittle the girls. If you fell that is necessary to motivate your daughter to be a better lacrosse player have at it. But people should know what they are getting into with that club. Hugging everyone at the end of practice doesn't make it ok to act the way they do on the field during practice and games. It's like an abusive husband telling his wife he loves her after he just hit her.
I have witnessed Mike at a tournament yell "STOP" at the coach of one of his teams because she went to run on the field when her player was hurt!!! He wanted to waste the time. It was a disgrace.
I have witnessed Mike at a tournament yell "STOP" at the coach of one of his teams because she went to run on the field when her player was hurt!!! He wanted to waste the time. It was a disgrace.

I'm not sure if the one young blond haired make coach is related to Mike or not. Someone said its his son. I've witnessed him not only berating his own girls but also making comments to and about other girls on opposing teams.
not his son. I have coached against his team many times and although he is very intense, i haven't witnessed any bad behavior towards his players or opposing team's players.
Why is it only Sky Walkers being discussed in the Maryland forum? There are lots of other girls clubs in Maryland and all of them have their faults and/or warts. club lacrosse is not all unicorns and rainbows. I'm not a Sky Walkers supporter but I just refuse to believe that it is all unicorns and rainbows in other clubs...
My daughter is new to the Sky Walkers program and I love what I see. My daughter plays very hard and is highly motivated on the field. I did not see that with another club team that she played for last year. It's about finding the right fit for your daughter. Every program has features and attributes that cater to different people. Don't make any decisions based on what you hear and see on discussion boards. Take the time to go out to tournaments and watch the interaction of the players within themselves and the coaches before, during, and after games. Take your daughter with you during these visits. Then you and your daughter can make an educated guess on what is the right fit.
Mike just has a loud coaching style but I always feel that he has my daughter's best interest in mind. I think he truly cares for my daughter's success both as a person and an athlete. If I thought he spoke to my daughter with any malice, I would never allow her on the team. Remember that the Sky Walkers program is preparing your daughter for college lacrosse which have far more intense coaching style than I see from Mike. Too many girls have quit college lacrosse because they were not prepared for the intensity of the game at the collegiate level.
Good luck and let the girls have FUN!
Why is it only Sky Walkers being discussed in the Maryland forum? There are lots of other girls clubs in Maryland and all of them have their faults and/or warts. club lacrosse is not all unicorns and rainbows. I'm not a Sky Walkers supporter but I just refuse to believe that it is all unicorns and rainbows in other clubs...

I don't believe that it is all unicorns and rainbows at other clubs. My daughter plays for another highly successful clubs and of course there are always issues everywhere.

I think people discuss Skywalkers because their talent level and results have really dropped off at all ages below 2018. None of these teams have won a real tournament in the past couple years. 2019 was successful when they were younger, but they are a middle of the pack team at this point.

So the question is, what happened? I think the consensus is that people have seen that there are other options out there besides subjecting your daughter to Mike and Molly. While I agree with the poster that said the girls will be coached this way if not worse in college, when you are deciding where to put your 4th and 5th grader, most don't deem those methods necessary at that age. Therefore, parent are putting their girls elsewhere and Skywalkers is not getting most of the talent in the younger ages. Will some of the girls move as they approach high school? I guess we will see in the next couple years in terms of how the 2019s-2021s do.

I don't believe that it is all unicorns and rainbows at other clubs. My daughter plays for another highly successful clubs and of course there are always issues everywhere.

I think people discuss Skywalkers because their talent level and results have really dropped off at all ages below 2018. None of these teams have won a real tournament in the past couple years. 2019 was successful when they were younger, but they are a middle of the pack team at this point.

So the question is, what happened? I think the consensus is that people have seen that there are other options out there besides subjecting your daughter to Mike and Molly. While I agree with the poster that said the girls will be coached this way if not worse in college, when you are deciding where to put your 4th and 5th grader, most don't deem those methods necessary at that age. Therefore, parent are putting their girls elsewhere and Skywalkers is not getting most of the talent in the younger ages. Will some of the girls move as they approach high school? I guess we will see in the next couple years in terms of how the 2019s-2021s do.

2019 & 2020 teams probably won't win a game at the Chesapeake tournament next weekend - that's all you need to know about the direction the club is going in

2019 & 2020 teams probably won't win a game at the Chesapeake tournament next weekend - that's all you need to know about the direction the club is going in

LOL - Look at the schedule - Skywalkers will win quite a few. Go look up who is listed as the director.

LOL - Look at the schedule - Skywalkers will win quite a few. Go look up who is listed as the director.

Ok so the 2019's don't have that difficult a schedule, 2020 and 2021 won't win more than one game

Ok so the 2019's don't have that difficult a schedule, 2020 and 2021 won't win more than one game

Agreed. I would be surprised if Skywalkers 2020 or 2021 win even win 1 game next weekend.

Agreed. I would be surprised if Skywalkers 2020 or 2021 win even win 1 game next weekend.

I will be very impressed if Skywalkers 2021 wins a game next weekend at the Chesapeake. They are not playing.
Have you looked at the 2021 schedule? Skywalkers plays Heros and M&D Saturday. Stars and Integrity Sunday. If you are on the team you should probably know this.
Anyone see 2019 game against Capital?
Have you looked at the 2021 schedule? Skywalkers plays Heros and M&D Saturday. Stars and Integrity Sunday. If you are on the team you should probably know this.

Oh, I stand corrected. I got that schedule mixed up with the Prime Time schedule. And now that I've seen the Skywalker 2021 schedule I will retract my comment and say that I will be extremely impressed if they win more than one game this coming weekend.
Anyone see 2019 game against Capital?

Saw looks like a totally different team this fall. What happened?

What do you mean? Skywalkers 2019 Blue has not been a top team in over a year. I don't believe girls have left. Is it a coaching issue or did the girls not develop as quickly as some of the other teams?

What do you mean? Skywalkers 2019 Blue has not been a top team in over a year. I don't believe girls have left. Is it a coaching issue or did the girls not develop as quickly as some of the other teams?

There were IAAM field hockey and soccer championship games this past weekend. Please step away from the ledge.

There were IAAM field hockey and soccer championship games this past weekend. Please step away from the ledge.

What ledge? I would never allow my daughter to play for Mike and Molly.

Are you saying that 2019 Blue has not struggle for over a year? I certainly wasn't referring to just this weekend. And I suppose that Skywalkers was the only team with girls in the field hockey and soccer playoffs this weekend? Didn't seem to be an issue for M&D or Heros.

Please enlighten us on when Skywalkers has won anything in the last year. Their on field performance as steadily diminished for the last couple years.
The 2021 Skywalker team has 75% new girls. Let's revisit this team in 3 years. There is a lot of talent but will need time to gel. The results of this weekend against teams with more established players will not be indicative of future performance. Also, keep in mind that many girls on all lacrosse teams are playing multiple soccer games as well on Saturday. The spring league will be a better indicator when teams are playing at full strength.
The 2021 Skywalker team has 75% new girls. Let's revisit this team in 3 years. There is a lot of talent but will need time to gel. The results of this weekend against teams with more established players will not be indicative of future performance. Also, keep in mind that many girls on all lacrosse teams are playing multiple soccer games as well on Saturday. The spring league will be a better indicator when teams are playing at full strength.

Why would you assume that the same group will be there in three years?

Most of the new girls were cast aside by TLC or remnants of the defunct Redshirts team. Not sure those girls will make much of a difference. The team will be a bit better due to the girls that were playing up now playing for their proper team(Other than the one that moved to M&D).

Again with the soccer excuse? Like Skywalkers is the only team that has girls that play soccer in the fall.

I hope you are right though. Will be awfully boring in MD if M&D and Heros just beat up on everybody.

Most of the new girls were cast aside by TLC or remnants of the defunct Redshirts team. Not sure those girls will make much of a difference. The team will be a bit better due to the girls that were playing up now playing for their proper team(Other than the one that moved to M&D).

Again with the soccer excuse? Like Skywalkers is the only team that has girls that play soccer in the fall.

I hope you are right though. Will be awfully boring in MD if M&D and Heros just beat up on everybody.

Spring will be boring for M&D as they will beat up on everyone, including Heros.
M&D 2018 lost 2 last week to TLC and Coppermine...

Skywalkers 2020 and 2021 combined 0-4 today.
It's embarrassing to run a tournament and not even win a game in multiple age groups, skywalkers need to stay out of the deep end of the pool - they can no longer compete at that level

Spring will be boring for M&D as they will beat up on everyone, including Heros.

Just like at Fall Uprising? Yup, you can say that again - it was boring and expected.
Skywalkers 2021 were 2-2 at Fall Uprising and 1-3 at Chesapeake Invitational including a one goal loss to Heros. Not winless as predicted. Please be accurate if you are critizing.
How did SW 2019 Blue do this weekend?
Skywalkers 2021 were 2-2 at Fall Uprising and 1-3 at Chesapeake Invitational including a one goal loss to Heros. Not winless as predicted. Please be accurate if you are critizing.

Come on now. At Fall Uprising they went 2-2 in one of the B divisions. They beat M&D Red and LBC(?).

Heros was missing 6 of their top players in the game Saturday. Good job beating Integrity. Is that the standard for Skywalkers these days?

Come on now. At Fall Uprising they went 2-2 in one of the B divisions. They beat M&D Red and LBC(?).

Heros was missing 6 of their top players in the game Saturday. Good job beating Integrity. Is that the standard for Skywalkers these days?

6 of their top players? Are you one of the Heros coaches? You are that familiar with their roster and their players? Isn't that Heros team a fairly new team with a lot of turnover since last summer?

6 of their top players? Are you one of the Heros coaches? You are that familiar with their roster and their players? Isn't that Heros team a fairly new team with a lot of turnover since last summer?

I am no way affiliated with Heros. My daughter is however on a soccer team with the 6 Heros girls. They had a soccer game that morning at 10:30 at NDP and did not arrive to Maryvale in time for the 11:30 Skywalkers game.

Any other questions?
Do not know much about Girls Lacrosse clubs but what is going on with the Harford county Elite Lacrosse Club? Any good? I was the 2023 team and 2022 team won a two fall tournaments. Just asking.

I am no way affiliated with Heros. My daughter is however on a soccer team with the 6 Heros girls. They had a soccer game that morning at 10:30 at NDP and did not arrive to Maryvale in time for the 11:30 Skywalkers game.

Any other questions?

Okay - you are on the soccer team with them and are able to judge from soccer that they are the top 6 players from heros. I get it.

Any other questions?

Okay - you are on the soccer team with them and are able to judge from soccer that they are the top 6 players from heros. I get it.

Okay. Obviously I know who they are. My daughter also plays lacrosse against them. I did not say that they are THE top 6, I said they are 6 OF THEIR TOP PLAYERS.

If you have some proof that I am wrong in anyway, please feel free to make a reasonable comment.
The Skywalker parent is making me think everyone involved with Skywalkers is as crazy as Head Coach Mike. Maybe he didn't give their daughter a hug after screaming at her this past weekend?????
The Skywalker parent is making me think everyone involved with Skywalkers is as crazy as Head Coach Mike. Maybe he didn't give their daughter a hug after screaming at her this past weekend?????

Don't know if the SW parent is crazy, but they may be trying to justify the position they put their daughter in.

Every girl gets a hug from the ole lax coach.
What is going on with 2019 blue? They just don't look the same as they did last summer.
What is going on with 2019 blue? They just don't look the same as they did last summer.

I'm sorry....Did they win something last summer? It's been a while since SW 2019 Blue was relevant

I'm sorry....Did they win something last summer? It's been a while since SW 2019 Blue was relevant

They at least looked competitive last summer.

They still had a lot of coaches watching them this weekend. They seem to be relevant to some people.

They still had a lot of coaches watching them this weekend. They seem to be relevant to some people.

I'm sure there were coaches watching. They played M&D, Hero's and Integrity. Was anyone there watching their lone win over BBL?

I'm sure there were coaches watching. They played M&D, Hero's and Integrity. Was anyone there watching their lone win over BBL?

I'm pretty sure that there were 1 or 2.

I'm pretty sure that there were 1 or 2.

The goalie is already committed. Not sure who else they would be looking at.
2019 Blues have 3 committed to Maryland already

That's great! Anyone else committed to any other schools?
Is the 19 blue goalie committed to Maryland?
Is the 19 blue goalie committed to Maryland?

yes

That's impressive. That means there are 6 girls headed to Maryland just from M&D, Sky Walkers and Heros.

That's impressive. That means there are 6 girls headed to Maryland just from M&D, Sky Walkers and Heros.

That's not exactly shocking, in state tuition is the key and will attract the states lacrosse players. you can probably go to Maryland for less than what it cost you to go to McDonogh, St. Pauls etc.
Didn't they beat Hero's?? That's a pretty good win...

That's not exactly shocking, in state tuition is the key and will attract the states lacrosse players. you can probably go to Maryland for less than what it cost you to go to McDonogh, St. Pauls etc.

That's four years of UM for the cost of one year of HS with room and board at the lacrosse factories
Actually up to 8 commits now on 2019 Blue. 4 MD, 1 each to UNC, Michigan, BC, and PSU.
Skywalkers is a great organization. Our daughter recently switched from another area organization to be challenged. Our family has been welcomed with open arms by the coaches, parents, and players. In fact in the short time on the team our daughter has indicated that the girls are much nicer than on the team she used to play with.

By the way 16 commits on the 2019 Blue, all of which are quality division 1 institutions. Kudos Skywalkers.
Skywalkers is a great organization. Our daughter recently switched from another area organization to be challenged. Our family has been welcomed with open arms by the coaches, parents, and players. In fact in the short time on the team our daughter has indicated that the girls are much nicer than on the team she used to play with.

By the way 16 commits on the 2019 Blue, all of which are quality division 1 institutions. Kudos Skywalkers.

Is this Mike or Molly?
Initials ABT daughter RT
Yes and if you saved all the money from club lacrosse you could afford a real academic school

Is this Mike or Molly?

Beat me to it. LOL.
Yes and if you saved all the money from club lacrosse you could afford a real academic school

You are on a club lacrosse thread where people are discussing club lacrosse. Did you not attend a real academic school?
Skywalkers has really fallen down the past 2 years. No longer competitive with the top clubs. Definitel 2nd tier.
They beat M&D this fall. I wouldn't call that 2nd tier.

Skywalkers has really fallen down the past 2 years. No longer competitive with the top clubs. Definitel 2nd tier.

Totally disagree. My daughter not on Skywalkers but they are a decent club...and are totally up there with M&D. What team does your daughter play for?
Sky walkers 2018 Blue a solid team. The 2019 and below for both blue and white are not very good. When we were at Chesapeake in Nov we watched the 2020 blue basically lose to a team from FL-I think they managed tie it. The 2019 weren't great either when watching.

The 2018 have some great players.
Sky walkers 2018 Blue a solid team. The 2019 and below for both blue and white are not very good. When we were at Chesapeake in Nov we watched the 2020 blue basically lose to a team from FL-I think they managed tie it. The 2019 weren't great either when watching.

2021 blue is probably the second best team in the country. Agree the 2020 team is not strong and never has been
Why is Skywalkers the only club with their own forum? Shouldn't there also be a TLC, M&D, Hero's etc?

Why is Skywalkers the only club with their own forum? Shouldn't there also be a TLC, M&D, Hero's etc?

Why don't you become a registered user, log on, and start them up?

2021 blue is probably the second best team in the country. Agree the 2020 team is not strong and never has been

2nd best team in the country? Really? I've never even heard the team mentioned anywhere ever. I would love for you to elaborate on that one, 2021 Blue dad.

2nd best team in the country? Really? I've never even heard the team mentioned anywhere ever. I would love for you to elaborate on that one, 2021 Blue dad.

Not Skywalkers dad. M&D parent. You haven't been paying attention over the last couple years if you feel this way. SW has beaten YJ both times they played last summer and this fall. They are the only team that's beaten our girls in the last 2 years and even when M&D won, it was a close tough game. Who do you think is better than SW right now?
Heros 2021 and, maybe by the end of the summer, MD United too. SW has a couple of middies that run up and down the field. That's about it.
Heros 2021 and, maybe by the end of the summer, MD United too. SW has a couple of middies that run up and down the field. That's about it.

When's the last time either of those teams have beaten SW? I'm not sure how MD United is ever even mentioned in these discussions. That team hasn't been relevant since their best players left last year.

When's the last time either of those teams have beaten SW? I'm not sure how MD United is ever even mentioned in these discussions. That team hasn't been relevant since their best players left last year.
Have you actually watched SW 21. They have way more than a couple of good middies...what an inane statement
Once a top club. Now 2nd tier.
Once a top club. Now 2nd tier.
Who are the 1st tier teams and who are the 2nd tier teams in your humble opinion. Define what makes a team a 1st or 2nd tier. Is it W/L's? Is it recruiting? Is it what team is improving?
Meow
In terms of recruiting, SW is probably the top team in MD. And I'm not a SW parent. Even their teams that don't have a lot of success get almost all of their girls recruited. Look at their 2019 team.
M&D pummels SW when it comes to recruiting. Are you serious?
M&D pummels SW when it comes to recruiting. Are you serious?

I'm an M&D parent and you are mistaken.
Meow
ruff

SW is a top tier team at 2021 and I agree with you...How in the [lacrosse] Md United is still getting press is beyond me. They are no longer a relevant team at any age group. They had a few decent seasons a few years ago and that was it. Has-beens.

It's a Heros world we are all just living in it.

SW is a top tier team at 2021 and I agree with you...How in the [lacrosse] Md United is still getting press is beyond me. They are no longer a relevant team at any age group. They had a few decent seasons a few years ago and that was it. Has-beens.

It's a Heros world we are all just living in it.

thought it was an M&D world we were living in

heros will be the best of all teams by end of summer - I don't care weather you believe it or not. There goalie are the best and will win many games for them.

heros will be the best of all teams by end of summer - I don't care weather you believe it or not. There goalie are the best and will win many games for them.

The goalie has been there with Hero's the whole time. She is very good. But it hasn't translated into a single victory up until now.

So what are the relevant teams for 2022's? and if M&D doesn't help with recruiting what are the best clubs for that?

"There goalie are the best and will win many games for them."....looks like something a 1st grader would write....COME ON Heros dad, you can do better
If you want to go to a mediocre school then M & D is great for recruiting. Don't you want to go to nobody college?
Heros goalie IS the best in this age that I have seen. YJ dad

SW is a top tier team at 2021 and I agree with you...How in the heck Md United is still getting press is beyond me. They are no longer a relevant team at any age group. They had a few decent seasons a few years ago and that was it. Has-beens.

"still getting press..." Really? Parents blathering about their kids' teams on a forum is press? Dude, seriously?

SW is a top tier team at 2021 and I agree with you...How in the heck Md United is still getting press is beyond me. They are no longer a relevant team at any age group. They had a few decent seasons a few years ago and that was it. Has-beens.

"still getting press..." Really? Parents blathering about their kids' teams on a forum is press? Dude, seriously?

Bev is nothing more than a business person. She's good at marketing and hyping a mediocre club, and continually suckering gullible parents into giving her money for no results. Her "recruiting director" is a piece of work too. Very self-absorbed bunch.

Bev is nothing more than a business person. She's good at marketing and hyping a mediocre club, and continually suckering gullible parents into giving her money for no results. Her "recruiting director" is a piece of work too. Very self-absorbed bunch.

Fake news.
Fake club
I'm just a parent and former club coach. Unlike many on this forum, I have nothing against other clubs and their success because it should be about the players, not the parents.
Our family wishes all players luck this summer and beyond, no matter what organization you play with. To me, many parents on this forum have "an axe to grind." For a change, how about enjoying the sport and maintain the integrity like we're asking our kids to do? Just sayin'!

Is this Mike or Molly?

I'm just a parent and former club coach. Unlike many on this forum, I have nothing against other clubs and their success because it should be about the players, not the parents.
Our family wishes all players luck this summer and beyond, no matter what organization you play with. To me, many parents on this forum have "an axe to grind." For a change, how about enjoying the sport and maintain the integrity like we're asking our kids to do? Just sayin'!
Having coffee and stumbled on this forum. Quite amusing to read now. I think the SW 21 Blue team may have had a decent Summer. Are they still #2?
Having coffee and stumbled on this forum. Quite amusing to read now. I think the SW 21 Blue team may have had a decent Summer. Are they still #2?

"stumbled". Sure you did.

Ha! OK. SW is a top 5 club in the country and I'm not a SW parent. I am a club coach and know that their blue/white teams combined are better at top to bottom 2017-2022 than almost all organizations.

If you look at their commits, it appears they are top in MD!

"stumbled". Sure you did.

What's in your coffee? SW21 #2?
Yes finally someone who knows lacrosse. Great. [y quote=Anonymous]

Ha! OK. SW is a top 5 club in the country and I'm not a SW parent. I am a club coach and know that their blue/white teams combined are better at top to bottom 2017-2022 than almost all organizations.

If you look at their commits, it appears they are top in MD![/quote]
In this time of reckoning, where do Mike's creepy hugs at the end of practice fall in the spectrum? Scream at preteen and teen girls for an hour and then make them all come give you a hug.
In this time of reckoning, where do Mike's creepy hugs at the end of practice fall in the spectrum? Scream at preteen and teen girls for an hour and then make them all come give you a hug.

It's called tough love. If your snowflake cannot handle it - go back to HoCo Flamingos.

It's called tough love. If your snowflake cannot handle it - go back to HoCo Flamingos.

don't bother responding to the trolls, it just makes them more obnoxious.
SW is the most obnoxious club in the state of Maryland. The girls are encouraged to play dirty and stick hack to players faces. The parents are snobby who cheer out loud when opposing players are injured. All this while their coaches are jumping up and down screaming that life is not fair. Sure they have some competitive teams at some levels, but they usually fall just short. This again causes the parents to show their true nature (see above description). SW are the YJ of the state of Maryland. They are and always will be the runts of the litter. But I give you all credit, you keep trying to hang. That in itself should get you all a participation medal.
SW is the most obnoxious club in the state of Maryland. The girls are encouraged to play dirty and stick hack to players faces. The parents are snobby who cheer out loud when opposing players are injured. All this while their coaches are jumping up and down screaming that life is not fair. Sure they have some competitive teams at some levels, but they usually fall just short. This again causes the parents to show their true nature (see above description). SW are the YJ of the state of Maryland. They are and always will be the runts of the litter. But I give you all credit, you keep trying to hang. That in itself should get you all a participation medal.

Who's been feeding the trolls? See what happens?
It's ok. Just come give Mike a hug and everything will work out just fine. I don't call an old creeper hugging 14 yr old girls after practice tough love. I call it what it is.
It's ok. Just come give Mike a hug and everything will work out just fine. I don't call an old creeper hugging 14 yr old girls after practice tough love. I call it what it is.

Inappropriate?

C2 dad/mom you really need to get over it.

Inappropriate?

And gross. I know several girls that were uncomfortable about it. Why wouldn't they be?

Inappropriate?

And gross. I know several girls that were uncomfortable about it. Why wouldn't they be?

And that's why all those girls are with Diamonds now?

Inappropriate?

Sadly, many of the girls feel that staying on SW was the best way to get an offer from a top school. They put up with the creeper because of this. Putting up with MM's verbal abuse was one thing. The end of practice hugs were something else and I am shocked didn't bother more parents.

Inappropriate?

Sadly, many of the girls feel that staying on SW was the best way to get an offer from a top school. They put up with the creeper because of this. Putting up with MM's verbal abuse was one thing. The end of practice hugs were something else and I am shocked didn't bother more parents.

and do any of the girls politely decline the hug and, if so, what are the consequences? that is really creepy. as if you didn't already have a reason for not playing for that club. girls and parents tolerating that because of potentially playing lacrosse in college.

and do any of the girls politely decline the hug and, if so, what are the consequences? that is really creepy. as if you didn't already have a reason for not playing for that club. girls and parents tolerating that because of potentially playing lacrosse in college.

MM spends the whole practice yelling at them and telling them how terrible they are. The girls are driven to get his approval. Then at the end he makes them all come give him a hug to let them know that while he verbally abused them for 90 minutes, he loves them and appreciates the work they put in. That's a rough definition of tough love. No teenage girl that is in that situation is going to decline the hug as it is their goal to make the man happy. Sad.

MM spends the whole practice yelling at them and telling them how terrible they are. The girls are driven to get his approval. Then at the end he makes them all come give him a hug to let them know that while he verbally abused them for 90 minutes, he loves them and appreciates the work they put in. That's a rough definition of tough love. No teenage girl that is in that situation is going to decline the hug as it is their goal to make the man happy. Sad.

not only does he DEMAND the hugs, then he makes them run the big hill at SP until they pass out. then he asks for another hug.

not only does he DEMAND the hugs, then he makes them run the big hill at SP until they pass out. then he asks for another hug.

It's interesting to read all of the haters and their comments about a man that has a great deal of passion for the sport and his players. None of you commenting have any clue why he's tough on the girls. Luckily enough, most parents do and actually laugh on the sideline as he yells and screams at their child. I'm a father who has no problem with my daughter giving MM a hug at the end of practice. In this world everybody has choices, so if you have an issue choose to go elsewhere. Based on the negativity I bet your daughter didn't get a choice and was sent packin', hence the negative vitriol. SW does not teach it's girls to be dirty BTW, however it does teach it's girls to be fierce and aggressive. What is wrong with that? Keep in mind that the team you referred to about "swinging sticks" are girls that are clumsy and just learning how to stick check.
""""It's interesting to read all of the haters and their comments about a man that has a great deal of passion for the sport and his players. None of you commenting have any clue why he's tough on the girls. Luckily enough, most parents do and actually laugh on the sideline as he yells and screams at their child. I'm a father who has no problem with my daughter giving MM a hug at the end of practice. In this world everybody has choices, so if you have an issue choose to go elsewhere. Based on the negativity I bet your daughter didn't get a choice and was sent packin', hence the negative vitriol. SW does not teach it's girls to be dirty BTW, however it does teach it's girls to be fierce and aggressive. What is wrong with that? Keep in mind that the team you referred to about "swinging sticks" are girls that are clumsy and just learning how to stick check.

Interesting indeed. Do tell which team you speak of as "clumsy and just learning how to stick check" There could be more then one team that plays like this? That would be a systemic coaching failure. "Fierce and aggressive" must still be played within the perimeters of the rules. Just because a certain team (SW) can't beat another team EVER, does not mean that the special "fierce and aggressive" SW hacking plan should be implemented. And what is with the coaches screaming and crying that every call against them is not fair? And the parents are just a pitiful cheering when kids get hurt? But now it makes sense...it just "fierce and aggressive" being taught along with your players going through their clumsy stages of life. My bad; the girls at this age will just have to accept loosing their front 2 teeth because of a stick hack to the face, while the SW girls work out an awkward phase in life. So give me a break.

Aggressive play is great. I like it. But stop all the crying and feet stomping when said play is returned. And if some of your kids loose teeth or get hurt, just mark it up to "fierce and aggressive" coupled with "clumsy and just learning to stick check". I am certain you would understand.

SW are the YJ of Maryland. Cry, cry, cry...

So do you care to fess up to the team you are referring to as being unjustly criticize for going through their clumsy stage in life?

Typical SWs: its not our fault, not fair, our kids were cheated is why we loose...blah, blah, blah.

""""It's interesting to read all of the haters and their comments about a man that has a great deal of passion for the sport and his players. None of you commenting have any clue why he's tough on the girls. Luckily enough, most parents do and actually laugh on the sideline as he yells and screams at their child. I'm a father who has no problem with my daughter giving MM a hug at the end of practice. In this world everybody has choices, so if you have an issue choose to go elsewhere. Based on the negativity I bet your daughter didn't get a choice and was sent packin', hence the negative vitriol. SW does not teach it's girls to be dirty BTW, however it does teach it's girls to be fierce and aggressive. What is wrong with that? Keep in mind that the team you referred to about "swinging sticks" are girls that are clumsy and just learning how to stick check. Give them a break

Interesting indeed. Do tell which team you speak of as "clumsy and just learning how to stick check" There could be more then one team that plays like this? That would be a systemic coaching failure. "Fierce and aggressive" must still be played within the perimeters of the rules. Just because a certain team (SW) can't beat another team EVER, does not mean that the special "fierce and aggressive" SW hacking plan should be implemented. And what is with the coaches screaming and crying that every call against them is not fair? And the parents are just a pitiful cheering when kids get hurt? But now it makes sense...it just "fierce and aggressive" being taught along with your players going through their clumsy stages of life. My bad; the girls at this age will just have to accept loosing their front 2 teeth because of a stick hack to the face, while the SW girls work out an awkward phase in life. So give me a break

Aggressive play is great. I like it. But stop all the crying and feet stomping when said play is returned. And if some of your kids loose teeth or get hurt, just mark it up to "fierce and aggressive" coupled with "clumsy and just learning to stick check". I am certain you would understand.

So do you care to fess up to the team you are referring to as being unjustly criticize for going through their clumsy stage in life?

Typical SWs: its not our fault, not fair, our kids were cheated is why we loose...blah, blah, blah.

C2 mom/dad at it again. your are referring to the 22 blue team, correct?. its not enough that your 22 team beats SW, you and the other C2 parents have to complain about every foul like it should be an automatic red card. C2 parents whine like this against every team they play. SW never has this issue against ANY OTHER TEAM! SW has had some knock, down drag out games against M&D, TLC, Heros, NY teams and PA teams and girls from both team get knocked down and they get back up and keep playing, not roll around on the ground like they were just shot...thats were the tough love part come into play. see you in the spring snowflake.
Don't worry, those C2 parents will soon be loving the Skywalkers girls that are on their high school team. This is probably their older D'. I see it with especially the 2019's right now - the older girls have really tough physical games when they play Hero's, MnD, YJ and those others - but, you don't hear the parents from other teams whine about any head hunting. But, then again - girls from different club teams end up going to the same high schools together. But, then again - those C2 parents might be doing even more whining after their D gets cut.
""""It's interesting to read all of the haters and their comments about a man that has a great deal of passion for the sport and his players. None of you commenting have any clue why he's tough on the girls. Luckily enough, most parents do and actually laugh on the sideline as he yells and screams at their child. I'm a father who has no problem with my daughter giving MM a hug at the end of practice. In this world everybody has choices, so if you have an issue choose to go elsewhere. Based on the negativity I bet your daughter didn't get a choice and was sent packin', hence the negative vitriol. SW does not teach it's girls to be dirty BTW, however it does teach it's girls to be fierce and aggressive. What is wrong with that? Keep in mind that the team you referred to about "swinging sticks" are girls that are clumsy and just learning how to stick check. Give them a break

Interesting indeed. Do tell which team you speak of as "clumsy and just learning how to stick check" There could be more then one team that plays like this? That would be a systemic coaching failure. "Fierce and aggressive" must still be played within the perimeters of the rules. Just because a certain team (SW) can't beat another team EVER, does not mean that the special "fierce and aggressive" SW hacking plan should be implemented. And what is with the coaches screaming and crying that every call against them is not fair? And the parents are just a pitiful cheering when kids get hurt? But now it makes sense...it just "fierce and aggressive" being taught along with your players going through their clumsy stages of life. My bad; the girls at this age will just have to accept loosing their front 2 teeth because of a stick hack to the face, while the SW girls work out an awkward phase in life. So give me a break

C2 mom/dad at it again. your are referring to the 22 blue team, correct?. its not enough that your 22 team beats SW, you and the other C2 parents have to complain about every foul like it should be an automatic red card. C2 parents whine like this against every team they play. SW never has this issue against ANY OTHER TEAM! SW has had some knock, down drag out games against M&D, TLC, Heros, NY teams and PA teams and girls from both team get knocked down and they get back up and keep playing, not roll around on the ground like they were just shot...thats were the tough love part come into play. see you in the spring snowflake.

Sorry...not a C2 parent here. Didn't even know C2 had a club anymore. But it is enlightening to know that its a club wide "fierce and aggressive" stick hacking nature; to the point that one of your "clumsy and just learning stick check" teams actually knocked a girls two front teeth out. Even had to stop the game while parents came on the field to search for the detached teeth. And just like clockwork, the [SW] coaches became upset that it was a "good check". This isn't the only incident. Its a club wide aggression thing apparently because they must feel slighted and inferior. Perhaps the "hugging" coach should have a session for all the parents and other coaches.

On a side note, the part were you mentioned rolling around on the ground like they had just been shot made me laugh. We certainly do see that often and it is ridiculous. So on that, we can agree.

I’m posting this as an unbiased adult without a dog in the fight. I’m an official of girls lacrosse (Club, HS, NCAA) of 15 years out of The Annapolis area.

The Skywalkers organization, by far, puts out the best athletes and plays the best game of team lacrosse than anyone. Yes teams beat them at times, but typically with the “suzie go to goal” style offense.

Never have I seen any dirty play on their behalf, just gritty hustle and intensity. Yes Their director can be a bit edgy, but has toned it down considerably. I’ve seen a coach or 2 be unprofessional, but rarely.

I’ve seen girls get teeth knocked out before and it’s typically been an accident. I’ve also heard whiney parents, much like the one ripping Skywalkers. If I had a daughter I would want her playing with this great organization more than most.
I’m posting this as an unbiased adult without a dog in the fight. I’m an official of girls lacrosse (Club, HS, NCAA) of 15 years out of The Annapolis area.

The Skywalkers organization, by far, puts out the best athletes and plays the best game of team lacrosse than anyone. Yes teams beat them at times, but typically with the “suzie go to goal” style offense.

Never have I seen any dirty play on their behalf, just gritty hustle and intensity. Yes Their director can be a bit edgy, but has toned it down considerably. I’ve seen a coach or 2 be unprofessional, but rarely.

I’ve seen girls get teeth knocked out before and it’s typically been an accident. I’ve also heard whiney parents, much like the one ripping Skywalkers. If I had a daughter I would want her playing with this great organization more than most.

Great post molly.

SW has really fallen off recently other than the 2021s. So not sure when the last time you actually ref'd a game.

Great post molly.

SW has really fallen off recently other than the 2021s. So not sure when the last time you actually ref'd a game.
you must be one of the whiny parents referred to
I think that you all are way too caught up on wins and losses to judge a program. I think that SW's, M & D and Hero's are probably pretty even in club level. Maybe M & D beats sky walkers and than hero's beats M & D but they are all close games in general. Your talking about some of the best clubs in the northeast and maybe in the country. All these clubs are going to get your daughter to division 1 schools if they work hard. Actually a majority of clubs in MD are sending recruits to division 1 schools.

I personally have 2 daughters in the SW program 2023 and a 2021 and say overall we are pretty happy. We have had our good coaches and bad coaches for sure. Over the last 4 years I have seen players leave and players come. It's not for everybody.

As for comments about Mike. From the outside looking in Mike can look like a crazy guy sometimes. In reality what he says is usually right on, maybe not put the best way though. I personally thinks he really cares for all the girls in the program. I haven't been exposed to too many coaches and directors that personally call the kids to talk to them about their play and about tryouts. As for the hugs that is Mike. There is nothing creepy about it at all. Just reminds me of a grand father type. He is like 60 some years old so come on. Take it for what it is worth. Both my girls have played high level soccer also and we have left soccer programs because of nasty coaching. I don't see Mike like that at all and both my girls like him a lot. I even just asked them and they both comment that they think he is funny. Hey maybe my kids have a crazy sense of humor. When my kid gets yelled at and told "do you want me to go get a chair for you because that is how fast your running": or " my dead mother runs faster" I don't take it personally. Some parents do. I tell my kid you better run faster next time. You think a college coach is going to do that? Probably not, no they are just going to sit on the bench. If your a helicopter parent meaning every time your kid gets yelled at you need to get involved than SW's is not for you.

The other comments about girls getting run to death is all about your prospective. It's lacrosse which has a lot of running in it, right?? So if you can't handle some hill sprints and Maryland runs than division 1 lacrosse might not be what is best for you or your daughter. Wait till they get to college and are doing sprints up those stadium steps. Again Division 1 training is what they are getting. Not every kid wants to play division 1.

As far as teaching girls to play dirty. Personally have never seen it in the teams my daughters have played for. I have seen aggressive play for sure and some bad checks now and than but that is it. I think parents always thinks it is a bad call or dirty when it is against their team. I have seen mostly the opposite from coaches. Calling out girls making bad checks.

I personally am happy that my girls have the opportunity to play lacrosse at a high level and I think most of these programs are pretty good. If for one minute I thought my kids were not getting the good training I would be gone in a second. Both of my girls are good enough to walk on another high level club team. So we are not afraid to leave if we had too but we have no reason to leave SW's. I also would be happy for my kids to play at a M & D or a Hero's team etc... As long as the training is good and the coaching is good that is what matters. Wins and loses mean nothing to getting these girls recruited. College coaches come to these programs to see these kids because of the programs not because of wins and loses.
I think that you all are way too caught up on wins and losses to judge a program. I think that SW's, M & D and Hero's are probably pretty even in club level. Maybe M & D beats sky walkers and than hero's beats M & D but they are all close games in general. Your talking about some of the best clubs in the northeast and maybe in the country. All these clubs are going to get your daughter to division 1 schools if they work hard. Actually a majority of clubs in MD are sending recruits to division 1 schools.

I personally have 2 daughters in the SW program 2023 and a 2021 and say overall we are pretty happy. We have had our good coaches and bad coaches for sure. Over the last 4 years I have seen players leave and players come. It's not for everybody.

As for comments about Mike. From the outside looking in Mike can look like a crazy guy sometimes. In reality what he says is usually right on, maybe not put the best way though. I personally thinks he really cares for all the girls in the program. I haven't been exposed to too many coaches and directors that personally call the kids to talk to them about their play and about tryouts. As for the hugs that is Mike. There is nothing creepy about it at all. Just reminds me of a grand father type. He is like 60 some years old so come on. Take it for what it is worth. Both my girls have played high level soccer also and we have left soccer programs because of nasty coaching. I don't see Mike like that at all and both my girls like him a lot. I even just asked them and they both comment that they think he is funny. Hey maybe my kids have a crazy sense of humor. When my kid gets yelled at and told "do you want me to go get a chair for you because that is how fast your running": or " my dead mother runs faster" I don't take it personally. Some parents do. I tell my kid you better run faster next time. You think a college coach is going to do that? Probably not, no they are just going to sit on the bench. If your a helicopter parent meaning every time your kid gets yelled at you need to get involved than SW's is not for you.

The other comments about girls getting run to death is all about your prospective. It's lacrosse which has a lot of running in it, right?? So if you can't handle some hill sprints and Maryland runs than division 1 lacrosse might not be what is best for you or your daughter. Wait till they get to college and are doing sprints up those stadium steps. Again Division 1 training is what they are getting. Not every kid wants to play division 1.

As far as teaching girls to play dirty. Personally have never seen it in the teams my daughters have played for. I have seen aggressive play for sure and some bad checks now and than but that is it. I think parents always thinks it is a bad call or dirty when it is against their team. I have seen mostly the opposite from coaches. Calling out girls making bad checks.

I personally am happy that my girls have the opportunity to play lacrosse at a high level and I think most of these programs are pretty good. If for one minute I thought my kids were not getting the good training I would be gone in a second. Both of my girls are good enough to walk on another high level club team. So we are not afraid to leave if we had too but we have no reason to leave SW's. I also would be happy for my kids to play at a M & D or a Hero's team etc... As long as the training is good and the coaching is good that is what matters. Wins and loses mean nothing to getting these girls recruited. College coaches come to these programs to see these kids because of the programs not because of wins and loses.

Well said.

Well said.

Agreed, my kids love it at SW.
My kid loves SW's. I don't think she would ever leave.

And I'm sure you look cute wearing her gear. Spoiler alert.....You got a new SW sweatshirt for Christmas again this year. Wear it proud at the water fountain at work.

And I'm sure you look cute wearing her gear. Spoiler alert.....You got a new SW sweatshirt for Christmas again this year. Wear it proud at the water fountain at work.

Not the quoted parent here but I am proud to wear my daughter's SW gear. She has worked her butt off for a spot on the team and continues to do so daily. She is proud to be a Skywalker.

At least they'll wear their SW swag at work. What C2 or Flamingos swag are you getting?

At least they'll wear their SW swag at work. What C2 or Flamingos swag are you getting?

I receive a nice flamingo shirt. Difference is I am fit, trim and good looking. Most SW are kinda fat, out of shape individuals who are not good looking but talk a lot of trash. Merry Christmas

I receive a nice flamingo shirt. Difference is I am fit, trim and good looking. Most SW are kinda fat, out of shape individuals who are not good looking but talk a lot of trash. Merry Christmas

That's a good one. I guess you are more into watching the parents than the games. What's your opinion of other clubs? I think MnD are probably the best looking - then comes heros or maybe TLC. What do you think of the LI parents?
OK Molly.
""""It's interesting to read all of the haters and their comments about a man that has a great deal of passion for the sport and his players. None of you commenting have any clue why he's tough on the girls. Luckily enough, most parents do and actually laugh on the sideline as he yells and screams at their child. I'm a father who has no problem with my daughter giving MM a hug at the end of practice. In this world everybody has choices, so if you have an issue choose to go elsewhere. Based on the negativity I bet your daughter didn't get a choice and was sent packin', hence the negative vitriol. SW does not teach it's girls to be dirty BTW, however it does teach it's girls to be fierce and aggressive. What is wrong with that? Keep in mind that the team you referred to about "swinging sticks" are girls that are clumsy and just learning how to stick check. Give them a brea

My daughter plays for a Baltimore based club team and we have several friends who play for a variety of other clubs in town. Every single parent that I know who has a daughter in the 2022 age group shares the same opinion of the SW 2022 team: they do not play within the rules, commit cheap fouls, and most games against them become downright dangerous for the opposing team and often result in girls getting injured to the point of having to come out of the game. If the refereeing is even average, they (SW) take themselves out of the game by giving up possession over and over again due to not playing according to the rules. They beat themselves. I, too, am all for teaching girls to play fast, aggressive lacrosse but I have to wonder what is going on at SW practices.

Interesting indeed. Do tell which team you speak of as "clumsy and just learning how to stick check" There could be more then one team that plays like this? That would be a systemic coaching failure. "Fierce and aggressive" must still be played within the perimeters of the rules. Just because a certain team (SW) can't beat another team EVER, does not mean that the special "fierce and aggressive" SW hacking plan should be implemented. And what is with the coaches screaming and crying that every call against them is not fair? And the parents are just a pitiful cheering when kids get hurt? But now it makes sense...it just "fierce and aggressive" being taught along with your players going through their clumsy stages of life. My bad; the girls at this age will just have to accept loosing their front 2 teeth because of a stick hack to the face, while the SW girls work out an awkward phase in life. So give me a break.

My daughter plays for a Baltimore based club team and we have several friends who play for a variety of other clubs in town. Every single parent that I know who has a daughter in the 2022 age group shares the same opinion of the SW 2022 team: they do not play within the rules, commit cheap fouls, and most games against them become downright dangerous for the opposing team and often result in girls getting injured to the point of having to come out of the game. If the refereeing is even average, they (SW) take themselves out of the game by giving up possession over and over again due to not playing according to the rules. They beat themselves. I, too, am all for teaching girls to play fast, aggressive lacrosse but I have to wonder what is going on at SW practices.

if you are wondering what goes on at their practices why don't you go to one if you are so concerned, the practice schedule is on the SW website
I would rather watch paint dry
They do not have the moniker Skyswipers for no reason. Even teams from Long Island and Philadelphia know the reputation of SW. It is not a good one when it comes to how they play. Yes they have talented girls, are coached well, will end up a good lacrosse schools, but they do not need to play the way that they are.
They do not have the moniker Skyswipers for no reason. Even teams from Long Island and Philadelphia know the reputation of SW. It is not a good one when it comes to how they play. Yes they have talented girls, are coached well, will end up a good lacrosse schools, but they do not need to play the way that they are.

its playing the way they do that gets them to good lacrosse schools. The LI, NJ and Philly teams play the same way and their parents never complain about the style of play.
As the mother of a SW player, I will admit that the girls are coached to use questionable tactics. They are coached to push the boundary on legal/illegal checks and how to get away with certain things. If you watch college games, these same things are going on in those games so the way I look at it, they are being prepared for the future.
I hope you don’t feel that your post is a positive one! These are middle school girls not college players. No sport would you coach the way you are stating should be sportsmanship and fundamentals.
I have coached against SW's teams for the past 10 years at various age groups and my daughter's teams have played against them for 6. In no way have I ever seen dirty play from any of their players, just raw determination and phenomenal interior passing. They have certainly raised the bar for me and my teams and I'm grateful that my players and daughter get a chance to compete with them. Their organization is well revered nationally talent wise. Yes, you will have the haters, most of them parents of "Suzie go to Goal", but coaches in general have a great deal of respect for them, unless they are "parent coaches"!

Keep up the great job Mike and Molly. Too bad your location of practices was not ideal for our family.
As the mother of a SW player, I will admit that the girls are coached to use questionable tactics. They are coached to push the boundary on legal/illegal checks and how to get away with certain things. If you watch college games, these same things are going on in those games so the way I look at it, they are being prepared for the future.

No way this is from a SW parent. My daughter plays for SW and switching was a massive upgrade from her former club. The level of organization (Molly) and the emphasis on fundamentals, stick skills and conditioning are why we are happy. They play in all of the best tournaments and seem to have good connections with the coaching community. If you live in central Maryland, M&D and SW are light years ahead of everyone else.

As for being taught rough play (which is a total fallacy), let the referees worry about that.

No way this is from a SW parent. My daughter plays for SW and switching was a massive upgrade from her former club. The level of organization (Molly) and the emphasis on fundamentals, stick skills and conditioning are why we are happy. They play in all of the best tournaments and seem to have good connections with the coaching community. If you live in central Maryland, M&D and SW are light years ahead of everyone else.

As for being taught rough play (which is a total fallacy), let the referees worry about that.

Sorry you feel that way, but yes my daughter does play for SW. Not sure what grade your daughter is, but if it hasn't happened yet, just wait. Never did I say they didn't emphasize fundamentals and especially conditioning. But the truth is, they do teach the girls to be a little rough and to push boundaries with regards to physical play. I don't look at it as a bad thing necessarily, but it is common practice.

Sorry you feel that way, but yes my daughter does play for SW. Not sure what grade your daughter is, but if it hasn't happened yet, just wait. Never did I say they didn't emphasize fundamentals and especially conditioning. But the truth is, they do teach the girls to be a little rough and to push boundaries with regards to physical play. I don't look at it as a bad thing necessarily, but it is common practice.

This is by far the most far fetched post I've read on this Skywalkers site. You have got to be a troll of all trolls, oh and an imposter. Please find better things to do.

This is by far the most far fetched post I've read on this Skywalkers site. You have got to be a troll of all trolls, oh and an imposter. Please find better things to do.

Far fetched? If you dispute this your daughter either doesn't play for a Skywalkers Blue team or if she does she is still in middle school or younger. I've had 3 daughters play for SW. They have all done very well and been recruited. They were all coached the same way.
Ouch...what happened to the future stars of the Sky-hackers? They got thumped by Top Gun LI this weekend at the indoor championships. I bet the parents think something was not fair.
Ouch...what happened to the future stars of the Sky-hackers? They got thumped by Top Gun LI this weekend at the indoor championships. I bet the parents think something was not fair.

Right because indoor is a great indicator about how teams perform on the field. From the small rosters to no draws between goals it's barely the same sport.

you failed to mention that SW was 3-1 over all, but that does not fit your narrative
LOL... I stand corrected. Yes, they beat a couple “B” teams and the M&D 2024 Red. And if I am not mistaking, isn’t the red team their “B” team, let alone a 24? All the information is listed on Tourney Machine. What really matters is what happened when they played against the big girls teams.

I am certain the girls had a great time, which is really what matters. Even if the parent the parents think it wasn’t fair.
LOL... I stand corrected. Yes, they beat a couple “B” teams and the M&D 2024 Red. And if I am not mistaking, isn’t the red team their “B” team, let alone a 24? All the information is listed on Tourney Machine. What really matters is what happened when they played against the big girls teams.

I am certain the girls had a great time, which is really what matters. Even if the parent the parents think it wasn’t fair.

Didn't Top Guns get smoked when they played M&D Black? Go back to the LI forums. Why you on here bragging when you lost too?

why do the parents think it's unfair?...and why do you even care?

No worries. The future is always bright for the younger SW teams. That’s called coaching. They develop into mentally/physically strong young ladies. When you daughter commits to “crap-u” or “$$$$-state” you won’t be questioning a game that occured during their 7th grade season, hey but good luck!

No worries. The future is always bright for the younger SW teams. That’s called coaching. They develop into mentally/physically strong young ladies. When you daughter commits to “crap-u” or “$$$$-state” you won’t be questioning a game that occured during their 7th grade season, hey but good luck!

Thank you for your input Molly/MM, however I am pretty sure you don't need to have come from SW to go play for a top notch program. Your "crap-u" and "$$$$-state" comment is beneath you.
What's the explanation for SW only having one top team currently? The 21's are very good but the 19s, 20s and 22s and younger are all mediocre. Is it that there are just more options now other than the berating and awkward hugs for the old creeper?
What's the explanation for SW only having one top team currently? The 21's are very good but the 19s, 20s and 22s and younger are all mediocre. Is it that there are just more options now other than the berating and awkward hugs for the old creeper?

what happened, your little all star get cut from one of the blue teams?

Ha. Nah. My little all star has never lost to SW

Ha. Nah. My little all star has never lost to SW

you must be one of those M&D morons whose kids is on black but never plays
NOPE! How many clubs are there that you’ve never beaten? Week we know there’s more then one
NOPE! How many clubs are there that you’ve never beaten? Week we know there’s more then one

Congratulations!! You must be proud. Similarly we are very proud of our daughter's and their hard work. Not trying to make a point here, just that we have much in common.
Moms and daughter really go at it with other clubs. Meow!!
[quote=Anonymous]NOPE! How many clubs are there that you’ve never beaten? Week we know there’s more then one[/quote
Good for your team...your still a stunad.
[quote=Anonymous]NOPE! How many clubs are there that you’ve never beaten? Week we know there’s more then one[/quote
Good for your team...your still a stunad.

LOL. And what do you call someone, that calls someone a "stunad", while using the possessive adjective "your"?

This is basic grammar school stuff. YOU ARE (or you're)(contraction) looking like the real stunod.
Thank you all for insightfulness into Skywalkers. For people who have never had a kid in the program you all certainly know everything about the club. I am sure the club your daughter is on is perfect and all the parents are perfect as well. From all us Skywalkers' parents we thank you for not being a part of Skywalkers and wish you the best with your club. Please go start a forum specifically for your club. The directions are in the menu bar at the top of the page.
Does anyone have any idea how you would go about playing lacrosse for McDonough?
Do you need to go there for middle school?
Do they "already know about you" if you start in 9th grade?
Is there such a thing as a "walk-on" there?
My daughter doesn't play club for M&D- commonly assumed a feeder team for McD.
Lets assume we start there in 9th. My daughter hasn't played with any of the other M&D girls (but we have played against and won) so its a bit intimidating (its a girl thing) to being a new girl and not getting passed or played the ball because the others don't know you.
Robinson hand picks his players and the rest fill in. If he doesn't know the kid, chances are slim of playing for him. Always an exception though. Good luck.
Does anyone have any idea how you would go about playing lacrosse for McDonough?
Do you need to go there for middle school?
Do they "already know about you" if you start in 9th grade?
Is there such a thing as a "walk-on" there?
Lets assume we start there in 9th. My daughter hasn't played with any of the other M&D girls (but we have played against and won) so its a bit intimidating (its a girl thing) to being a new girl and not getting passed or played the ball because the others don't know you.

Everyone who tries out, makes a team. Either varsity, JV or freshmen team...etc. It may not be the team you like and might have 50 kids on the team, but you make it. With that being said, if you are good enough, you will be noticed. And yes, some are already slotted for the varsity team. But you will never know until you shell your 30K and give it a try. And yeah...good luck.
Does anyone have any idea how you would go about playing lacrosse for McDonough? Tryouts are 2nd or 3rd week of February

Do you need to go there for middle school? No playing in middle school has no impact on playing in high school.

Do they "already know about you" if you start in 9th grade? The coaches attend 8th grade games during the summer and fall.

Is there such a thing as a "walk-on" there? Yes

Lets assume we start there in 9th. My daughter hasn't played with any of the other M&D girls (but we have played against and won) so its a bit intimidating (its a girl thing) to being a new girl and not getting passed or played the ball because the others don't know you. It doesnt matter where you played club lacrosse. There is no feeder system
Does anyone have any idea how you would go about playing lacrosse for McDonough? Tryouts are 2nd or 3rd week of February

Do you need to go there for middle school? No playing in middle school has no impact on playing in high school.

Do they "already know about you" if you start in 9th grade? The coaches attend 8th grade games during the summer and fall.

Lets assume we start there in 9th. My daughter hasn't played with any of the other M&D girls (but we have played against and won) so its a bit intimidating (its a girl thing) to being a new girl and not getting passed or played the ball because the others don't know you. It doesnt matter where you played club lacrosse. There is no feeder system

no feeder system. the number 1 recruit in the country for 2017 played at McD and she played club ball for SW. if you are good CR will find about at you

Do the private schools recruit for high school lacrosse? Is there grant money or other “quiet” funds available for girls who cannot afford to attend?
As for just flat-out recruiting girls to attend your school- who is involved in this? Does the coach go to the AD and then they get in touch with you? How do they find you? Do they attend tournaments and look at eight graders or does it have to start earlier? Do they have athletics open houses? Are these open houses by invitation only?
Why are people talking about girls lacrosse here? Nobody cares.
Whoops! Just found out that CR is stepping down at McD. Wonder what that’s all about
Robinson hand picks his players and the rest fill in. If he doesn't know the kid, chances are slim of playing for him. Always an exception though. Good luck.

Not anymore

Do they "already know about you" if you start in 9th grade? The coaches attend 8th grade games during the summer and

no feeder system. the number 1 recruit in the country for 2017 played at McD and she played club ball for SW. if you are good CR will find about at you

Does not matter anymore. Per Inside Lax Twitter, Chris Robinson isnout at McDonough.
Whoops! Just found out that CR is stepping down at McD. Wonder what that’s all about

#METOO
I hope it’s not #METOO
That would be devestating in many ways. He wouldn’t really be allowed to be around kids if it is. He couldn’t even live in my neighborhood -if you know what I mean!
Something must be in the water at that school with kids being preyed upon by “sporty parents”
Let's stop with the rumors

Subject: McDonogh resignation

Dear M&D families,
Yesterday, I resigned from my position from McDonogh School as head coach of the girls’ lacrosse program and as a middle school teacher. During my 13 year lacrosse coaching stint at the school we took the program from a basement dweller to the best lacrosse program in the country for the last decade. By the huge media crush and the outpouring of texts, phone calls, and emails I am sure many are looking for an answer
I resigned my position at the school to move forward in my career. It was not an easy decision, but one that I felt was in the best interest of me and my family. The timing may not seem perfect, but many times when opportunity comes knocking it is not the ideal time. Building the National Girls Lacrosse League and Robinson Sports to a national level is a major goal for Robinson Sports and I am exciting for this opportunity to use my experience in new ways.
I have been made aware of the rumors that have circulated because of my departure by some of my friends and colleagues. Some of them are appalling to hear but I guess in today’s society people automatically assume the worst. I assure you all, there isn’t any merit to these horrific claims. So in this time of change for my family, I would ask that you be respectful of my decisions to move on in my career.
I would like to thank the hundreds of people who have reached out to me and my family with sincere well wishes. All of your support has been unbelievable.

Sincerely,
Chris Robinson

Dear M&D families,
Yesterday, I resigned from my position from McDonogh School as head coach of the girls’ lacrosse program and as a middle school teacher. During my 13 year lacrosse coaching stint at the school we took the program from a basement dweller to the best lacrosse program in the country for the last decade. By the huge media crush and the outpouring of texts, phone calls, and emails I am sure many are looking for an answer
I resigned my position at the school to move forward in my career. It was not an easy decision, but one that I felt was in the best interest of me and my family. The timing may not seem perfect, but many times when opportunity comes knocking it is not the ideal time. Building the National Girls Lacrosse League and Robinson Sports to a national level is a major goal for Robinson Sports and I am exciting for this opportunity to use my experience in new ways.
I have been made aware of the rumors that have circulated because of my departure by some of my friends and colleagues. Some of them are appalling to hear but I guess in today’s society people automatically assume the worst. I assure you all, there isn’t any merit to these horrific claims. So in this time of change for my family, I would ask that you be respectful of my decisions to move on in my career.
I would like to thank the hundreds of people who have reached out to me and my family with sincere well wishes. All of your support has been unbelievable.

Sincerely,
Chris Robinson

You just killed all the rumor mongers buzz.

Dear M&D families,

Sincerely,
Chris Robinson

Right. It totally makes sense to pursue your career a month before your daughter starts her senior year. Try again Chris. No one is buying that.
I wonder if this means the Mid Atlantic Tourney in July and the other tournaments that are played at McDonogh will be affected by the departure of Chris Robinson...
Whatever really happened is probably none of our business.
Whatever really happened is probably none of our business.

Im not sure about that, if it's was purely personal, then OK I agree, none of my business. If it had to do any business impropriety, theft, tax evasion etc or improper relationships with former/current players I have a right to know because he plans to continue to operate several businesses and I'd rather not support businesses operating below board.
Well since you don’t know you should just mind your own business... if you don’t want to remain on one of his teams just leave and stop making things up. Not his fault your daughter can’t get off the bench
Can Back of the Cage start a new forum title for
Girls Club/NGLL in Maryland?
There are just too many question and topics that spread out across the grad years on the board.
This board could be highjacked and become the de facto club board for Md girls?
For instance, why isn’t there an M&D board?
The Redshirts drama has spreadout among many grad years, therefore it would benefit to have a broad board.
Thanks
Can Back of the Cage start a new forum title for
Girls Club/NGLL in Maryland?
There are just too many question and topics that spread out across the grad years on the board.
This board could be highjacked and become the de facto club board for Md girls?
For instance, why isn’t there an M&D board?
The Redshirts drama has spreadout among many grad years, therefore it would benefit to have a broad board.
Thanks

Register and you can start any thread you want
© US Lacrosse Community Forum