Originally Posted by Anonymous
As the mother of a SW player, I will admit that the girls are coached to use questionable tactics. They are coached to push the boundary on legal/illegal checks and how to get away with certain things. If you watch college games, these same things are going on in those games so the way I look at it, they are being prepared for the future.

No way this is from a SW parent. My daughter plays for SW and switching was a massive upgrade from her former club. The level of organization (Molly) and the emphasis on fundamentals, stick skills and conditioning are why we are happy. They play in all of the best tournaments and seem to have good connections with the coaching community. If you live in central Maryland, M&D and SW are light years ahead of everyone else.

As for being taught rough play (which is a total fallacy), let the referees worry about that.

Sorry you feel that way, but yes my daughter does play for SW. Not sure what grade your daughter is, but if it hasn't happened yet, just wait. Never did I say they didn't emphasize fundamentals and especially conditioning. But the truth is, they do teach the girls to be a little rough and to push boundaries with regards to physical play. I don't look at it as a bad thing necessarily, but it is common practice.

This is by far the most far fetched post I've read on this Skywalkers site. You have got to be a troll of all trolls, oh and an imposter. Please find better things to do.

Far fetched? If you dispute this your daughter either doesn't play for a Skywalkers Blue team or if she does she is still in middle school or younger. I've had 3 daughters play for SW. They have all done very well and been recruited. They were all coached the same way.