BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,740
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 76 of 214 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beat McDonogh? Don’t get carried away they beat Orange Crush a team primarily made up of McDonogh players. Small field so depth didn’t come into play as it would have if you actually played McDonogh. Also no draws, I believe McDonogh still has the best center mid in the country. Don’t get me wrong still a great win but The U hasn’t lost since 2009!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello... the “U” lost yesterday, TWICE!
Kudos to ESM and Mt Sinai.

And I am sure both ESM and Mt Sinai, as well as GC, would love to get a crack at a game against the U on a full field. Bring it!
LI not afraid to play them.

Just curious, how many on the Orange Crush team, stated in the program to be comprised of “primarily” McDonagh players, are NOT on the McDonagh team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
very good Coach but "doing more with less" is a bit of a stretch when you a fielding 12 -15 college bound lacrosse players every season.

Mt. Sinai graduates roughly 200 kids per class. He absolutely does more with less. The Mt, Sinai boys aren;t beating Smithtown West, Smithtown East, West Islip or Ward Melville anytime soon, It is the Coaching. All of those towns have the athletes and the larger schools have more of them. More with less.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are all on the McDonough team. This is one of its weakest years in recent past but have a draw girl that wins 80% of draws to herself. You will see her at duke next year making an impact for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beat McDonogh? Don’t get carried away they beat Orange Crush a team primarily made up of McDonogh players. Small field so depth didn’t come into play as it would have if you actually played McDonogh. Also no draws, I believe McDonogh still has the best center mid in the country. Don’t get me wrong still a great win but The U hasn’t lost since 2009!

they lost twice on Sunday

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The size of the school has nothing to do with it. Athletic programs thrive because of the culture and strength of their youth programs. He is a very good coach but would not have the same success at many of the large schools because of lack of talent or lax IQ . 200 graduates or 2000 graduates means nothing if you have 15 good lacrosse players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if some of Cleveland Browns beat some of the NewEngland Patriots in 2 hand touch you can say the Browns beat the Patriots? That’s Fn stupid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they lost twice on Sunday

And lost both draws during one of the games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if some of Cleveland Browns beat some of the NewEngland Patriots in 2 hand touch you can say the Browns beat the Patriots? That’s Fn stupid
So I'll propose this, instead of hiding down in MD. this year, playing teams like Milton, bring you entire Cleveland Browns team up to Long Island and play in the Gains for Brains event. If you can spend $30,000.00 for school, Fly your kids to Georgia and Vero Beach every year, than you can spend a couple of hundred extra dollars to fly into Mc Arthur and play the New England Patriots. Stop hiding and come prove your the best. But I'm sure you'll have some lame excuse. But until then we all know that all those girls were from "the U" and got beat by our girls, even if you can't admit it because it hurts your narrative

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The size of the school has nothing to do with it. Athletic programs thrive because of the culture and strength of their youth programs. He is a very good coach but would not have the same success at many of the large schools because of lack of talent or lax IQ . 200 graduates or 2000 graduates means nothing if you have 15 good lacrosse players.

Yes, youth programs and (lacrosse) culture play a roll. However success at the HS level comes down to coaching. West Islip has had success because they have all three. GC, Manhasset and CHS also have all three. The Smithtowns and WM have two of the three.
Put Mt Sinai coach at Massapequa, Smithtown East, Smithtown West or Ward Melville and those programs will be as dominant as Garden City.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
very good Coach but "doing more with less" is a bit of a stretch when you a fielding 12 -15 college bound lacrosse players every season.

Mt. Sinai graduates roughly 200 kids per class. He absolutely does more with less. The Mt, Sinai boys aren;t beating Smithtown West, Smithtown East, West Islip or Ward Melville anytime soon, It is the Coaching. All of those towns have the athletes and the larger schools have more of them. More with less.

donkey, size of class means nothing. Their youth program is bigger and does more than the larger schools. They have more playing year round than any other school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you can’t, or won’t, come to NY... NY will go to “the U” ... Shall we consider an invite to MS, ESM and GC in the mail for a round Robinson?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you can’t, or won’t, come to NY... NY will go to “the U” ... Shall we consider an invite to MS, ESM and GC in the mail for a round Robinson?

Eww Robinson?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Eww Robinson?
So I'll propose this, instead of hiding down in MD. this year, playing teams like Milton, bring you entire Cleveland Browns team up to Long Island and play in the Gains for Brains event. If you can spend $30,000.00 for school, Fly your kids to Georgia and Vero Beach every year, than you can spend a couple of hundred extra dollars to fly into Mc Arthur and play the New England Patriots. Stop hiding and come prove your the best. But I'm sure you'll have some lame excuse. But until then we all know that all those girls were from "the U" and got beat by our girls, even if you can't admit it because it hurts your narrative

I don't think the Mcdonogh parents are the ones talking negatively on here. I believe it is a jealous Long Island parent from one of the big schools. The Maryland parents were very nice and congratulated the L.I players. They were very classy and humble.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definitely agree...Leave the Maryland parents out of YOUR trash talk. I am a long Island parent, this WAS not their attitude

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Eww Robinson?

I don't think the Mcdonogh parents are the ones talking negatively on here. I believe it is a jealous Long Island parent from one of the big schools. The Maryland parents were very nice and congratulated the L.I players. They were very classy and humble.

Yes I even typed still a great win just is off base to say you beat The U. A undefeated team for going on a decade because you beat some of there players in a game that somewhat resembles the real thing. Its not my narrative that in question here....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's bring back the MD-NY Challenge … last played in 2012 and held at the St. Paul's School for Girls. Would be great lacrosse for everyone involved. This year might not be doable because the schedules are already set, but no time like the present to get the ball rolling on next year's schedule. Let's plan it… Bert, you da man! Have your people contact their people, you can make it happen!

I might even suggest making it a fundraiser to benefit the Charm City Youth Lacrosse or the Baltimore Youth Lacrosse organizations to help build and support the growth of the great game of lacrosse in Baltimore's less fortunate areas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sounds great. why don't you organize it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonough will never come up to play in N.Y. because the chance of losing is to big, thats why they play Milton and Vero Beach. Maybe the IMAA-1 isn't as good as IL, US lax and lax power thinks, just closer to Baltimore where they are all based. Keep saying that Orange Crush team wasn't all McD, maybe someone will believe you, Keep telling yourself it isn't real lax, Maybe your girls just can't play a run and gun game? better call all your cronies at U.S. lax and make sure they don't do away with the draw like they've been saying. Even if a couple of girls weren't from McD they were all certainly from the IMAA-1, but we all know they were all from McD. I'll say it again, every year you get the invite to Gains for Brains and you cop out. Darian, Mt. Sinai, Garden City, Manhasset, Moorstown, Bridgewater Raritan, ESM, Ridgewood all attend, some of the best teams in the country, but no McDonough, too busy hiding in Georgia and Florida. Whats the excuse this year other than too afraid to lose

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's all this talk about needing 15 good players, 3-4 players and a good goalie will dominate most games. HS lax is no different then PAL, you have 3-4 players that the coach rides until they drop. A solid goalie, a good defender, two middies and an attack is all you need atThe HS level to win consistently, some teams actually do it with less

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's all this talk about needing 15 good players, 3-4 players and a good goalie will dominate most games. HS lax is no different then PAL, you have 3-4 players that the coach rides until they drop. A solid goalie, a good defender, two middies and an attack is all you need atThe HS level to win consistently, some teams actually do it with less

And some coaches are so bad they can't win with 10 + solid players. I still say He must be a very good coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man you dont read so good must be that public school Education. “Primarily made up of” is a quote of how IL described all the teams ie:“Mustangs (comprised primarily of Mt Sinai N.Y.)”. No one has said that OC was not all McD girls they just weren’t ALL THE McD girls.

As far as why McD or really any MD team doesn’t play the NY teams I personally have no knowledge of the different conference rules or the logistics of it- I’m just a parent.

IAAM and NY class1-2 are both the top two conferences in the country every year. The difference between all those great teams you listed and McD is McD has gone undefeated since 09. Don’t believe any of the schools you listed have even come close to that. They will lose eventually maybe to a NY team maybe not, but when it happens the will go down in history as the greatest lacrosse dynasty ever.

You know what if you want to say “Mt Sinai beat McDonogh” go ahead have at it. But your the only one believe that..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man you dont read so good must be that public school Education. “Primarily made up of” is a quote of how IL described all the teams ie:“Mustangs (comprised primarily of Mt Sinai N.Y.)”. No one has said that OC was not all McD girls they just weren’t ALL THE McD girls.

As far as why McD or really any MD team doesn’t play the NY teams I personally have no knowledge of the different conference rules or the logistics of it- I’m just a parent.

IAAM and NY class1-2 are both the top two conferences in the country every year. The difference between all those great teams you listed and McD is McD has gone undefeated since 09. Don’t believe any of the schools you listed have even come close to that. They will lose eventually maybe to a NY team maybe not, but when it happens the will go down in history as the greatest lacrosse dynasty ever.

You know what if you want to say “Mt Sinai beat McDonogh” go ahead have at it. But your the only one believe that..

You are a pompous jerk! There is nothing wrong with a public school education. Many intelligent people graduate from Public school and move on to be your private school little prisses boss. Get over yourself

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares about My. Sinai beating "Mcdonogh " by 1 goal. ESM beat "Mcdonogh " by 6 goals!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have a lot better chance of finding 15 good lax players at a school with 2000 graduates than a school with 200 graduates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are all on the McDonough team. This is one of its weakest years in recent past but have a draw girl that wins 80% of draws to herself. You will see her at duke next year making an impact for sure.

It must be a REALLY weak year for McDonough as these are certainly not the strongest of years for Mt. Sinai or ESM either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of this talk of McDonogh losing is crazy talk. This was a 7v7 indoor tournament, with two draws in the game, and not even half of their team there. McDonogh will eventually lose. Everyone does eventually. But the loss will come in the IAAM, not by a NY team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares about My. Sinai beating "Mcdonogh " by 1 goal. ESM beat "Mcdonogh " by 6 goals!

Agreed. They didn't just beat them by six, they were up 4 to 1 minutes into the game and never let the gap close. They won both draws and played a paced, strategic game at times up by 8 goals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. They didn't just beat them by six, they were up 4 to 1 minutes into the game and never let the gap close. They won both draws and played a paced, strategic game at times up by 8 goals.

First is this a joke, you lost to a team that McD beat up so stop acting like you were the best team there. The results of an indoor 7 on 7 do not exactly translate into beating them at a regulation game. What the results of the 7 on 7 do indicate is that LI has some very good players and teams in all the classes. LI had A,B,C,D teams at the event and they all represented LI well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First is this a joke, you lost to a team that McD beat up so stop acting like you were the best team there. The results of an indoor 7 on 7 do not exactly translate into beating them at a regulation game. What the results of the 7 on 7 do indicate is that LI has some very good players and teams in all the classes. LI had A,B,C,D teams at the event and they all represented LI well.

First of all I don't recall anyone saying that they thought ESM was the best team there. 2nd of all ESM came with their whole team and played their whole team even switching goalies at halftime during their 1 goal loss. Hmm now that you mention It, I think ESM may have been the best team there!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a joke, factual statement about one game. Didn't mention any of the other games. Didn't say ESM was the best there. Didn't say they would beat them anytime anywhere. Just saying ESMs win in THAT game was more impressive then MS win later in the day (my opinion). You're right, you can't use a 7 on 7 as anything more then what it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It must be a REALLY weak year for McDonough as these are certainly not the strongest of years for Mt. Sinai or ESM either.

Very strong year for ESM. Don't know what you're talking about. No selfish players on ESM anymore...should be a great season!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of this talk of McDonogh losing is crazy talk. This was a 7v7 indoor tournament, with two draws in the game, and not even half of their team there. McDonogh will eventually lose. Everyone does eventually. But the loss will come in the IAAM, not by a NY team.
Thats because you're afraid to come here and play us. You wold rather go beat Vero and Milton by 15 every year than play a good N.Y. team and Maybe lose.You obnoxious prep school families couldn't handle loosing to a lowly public school. If IMAA is so much better, why couldn't your half team beat our half team? Why does it matter how many draws there were, can't you win without them? The IMAA is nothing but hype until you come to the Island and prove otherwise. Stop hiding in florida and Georgia. What are you going to do next , go play teams i Texas and Iowa while still claiming to be "the U". You're only "the U" of hype and hiding

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forgive me if this the wrong forum but I have a question that’s a bit off topic.
It’s about recruiting.
I was talked by to another club lacrosse parent about the colleges his 2019 daughter was looking at this past summer. My daughter is a 2022.
I asked him about “ABC College” and he said that his daughter didn’t fit “the profile”. The profile was that this school liked taller girls.
Do colleges/universities have unsaid physical profiles for their teams?
Ever since I have always noticed the height of the players and most rosters don’t carry a majority of one height over another. What are some of the other physical traits that schools may look at in a player?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So are the suffolk rankings out hrt

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forgive me if this the wrong forum but I have a question that’s a bit off topic.
It’s about recruiting.
I was talked by to another club lacrosse parent about the colleges his 2019 daughter was looking at this past summer. My daughter is a 2022.
I asked him about “ABC College” and he said that his daughter didn’t fit “the profile”. The profile was that this school liked taller girls.
Ever since I have always noticed the height of the players and most rosters don’t carry a majority of one height over another. What are some of the other physical traits that schools may look at in a player?

UVA seems to like them tall and ND also

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IAAM and NY class1-2 are both the top two conferences in the country
every year. The difference between all those great teams you listed and McD is McD has gone undefeated since 09. Don’t believe any of the schools you listed have even come close to that. They will lose eventually maybe to a NY team maybe not, but when it happens the will go down in history as the greatest lacrosse dynasty ever.

Not a joke, factual statement about one game. Didn't mention any of the other games. Didn't say ESM was the best there. Didn't say they would beat them anytime anywhere. Just saying ESMs win in THAT game was more impressive then MS win later in the day (my opinion). You're right, you can't use a 7 on 7 as anything more then what it is.

Maybe McD knew the fact they did not need to win the ESM game so they played a lot of players that generally don’t play as much .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IAAM and NY class1-2 are both the top two conferences in the country
every year. The difference between all those great teams you listed and McD is McD has gone undefeated since 09. Don’t believe any of the schools you listed have even come close to that. They will lose eventually maybe to a NY team maybe not, but when it happens the will go down in history as the greatest lacrosse dynasty ever.

Maybe McD knew the fact they did not need to win the ESM game so they played a lot of players that generally don’t play as much .

Nice try... but Mcdonogh only had 3 subs...... keep reaching!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s about recruiting.

Hight has nothing to do with it. Some parents Don't get it.

Yes, "The Profile" at the top programs is: you have to be really good.

When you drop to the next tier the coaches take what they can get and for the most part they do not get the best players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First of all I don't recall anyone saying that they thought ESM was the best team there. 2nd of all ESM came with their whole team and played their whole team even switching goalies at halftime during their 1 goal loss. Hmm now that you mention It, I think ESM may have been the best team there!

What a tragic loss to the lax community, “the best team there” did not make the playoffs. Sincerely hope Inside Lacrosse starts an inquiry on this mess!! Maybe they should just hand ESM next years troohy now and save everyone the travel expense.

Like Reply Quote
Page 76 of 214 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard