BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts388,083
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 49 of 144 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No question - quality coaches. But will anybody see them play besides parents?

If a tree falls in the woods...are the directors embarrassed to put this team in front of college coaches against other elite teams? The schedule will tell all.

Now that the schedule is out can somebody post it for 2015 blue and white? Hope they are going to get good exposure.

If the schedule and exposure clearly justifies the $2400 cost it will be posted. If it doesn't... hmmm.

As a very longtime lax parent ...just wondering how you"justify the cost" What one person sees as fair another deems robbery. So for each player the needs,wants and results will be an individual justification. So like I say you don't like the price tag,dont buy it. Find another product that is right for your family.

This is a huge recruiting summer for these boys - nothing else matters except the schedule. It'll be clear to even the casual parent if the schedule delivers the recruiting exposure they desperately need. Anybody dare post it?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are an Express parent that has a son on the teams in question you will have the schedule and you can decide if you like the product or not. Again if you do not feel it fits your needs, go look for another option. As far a big recruiting year for those boys, it seems 8th and 9th grade are becoming the more important years. Read Inside Lacrosse online list of 2015 and 2016 commits. I would be more concerned with the schedules of the younger age groups.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2015 Blue-
NYLA, King of the Hill, Tri-State, Hofstra Warrior

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are an Express parent that has a son on the teams in question you will have the schedule and you can decide if you like the product or not. Again if you do not feel it fits your needs, go look for another option. As far a big recruiting year for those boys, it seems 8th and 9th grade are becoming the more important years. Read Inside Lacrosse online list of 2015 and 2016 commits. I would be more concerned with the schedules of the younger age groups.

Relax. There will be plenty of opportunities left for the 2015s this summer - look at all the great D3 schools, the Ivy's and several other terrific D1 conferences like the Patriot. Those schools are still looking for some 2014s right now so you can assume that they probably wont be done with their 2015s until this time next year. Only the ACC and Hopkins will be off the table by the summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2015 Blue-
NYLA, King of the Hill, Tri-State, Hofstra Warrior

Not terrible but the brackets at these tournaments will be important. If they are in AA/Elite brackets this schedule can work. Would be interesting to compare with other comparible club options such as Ballers, Jesters and Outlaws. Anybody with a 2015 kid in those programs please post if you can.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Relax. There will be plenty of opportunities left for the 2015s this summer - look at all the great D3 schools, the Ivy's and several other terrific D1 conferences like the Patriot. Those schools are still looking for some 2014s right now so you can assume that they probably wont be done with their 2015s until this time next year. Only the ACC and Hopkins will be off the table by the summer.

Looking at the 2014 verbal list there are some excellent schools and programs that are still not near capacity. True that not every verbal is caputred by insidelacrosse but I think this shows that everyobdy should take a deep breath and calm down about any preception about a stampede to commit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looking at the 2014 verbal list there are some excellent schools and programs that are still not near capacity. True that not every verbal is caputred by insidelacrosse but I think this shows that everyobdy should take a deep breath and calm down about any preception about a stampede to commit.

Unless your 2016-2017 kid is [lacrosse] bent on Maryland, Hopkins, UVA or UNC there is plenty of time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. Why is it that people question the pricing?

As a small business owner, my price is my price. If you don't like it don't buy it. I don't need or want your business.

I've done my research on pricing structure for a superior product and I know the sweet spot in pricing that's going to give me the return I need to continue to run my business, and create a profit.

And I'm not going to lower it because of people who think they are entitled to a lower price, or because they think they know better. Maybe we can share the wealth and share the talent to make it a level playing field.

Do you go into the grocery store and negotiate/complain about the price of something on the shelves?

Do you negotiate/complain about the price of the pair of jeans your going to buy?

No. You either buy it or you don't. This isn't any different. And just because it's not a tangible cereal box you can grab, so many people think its different. It's baffling.

It doesn't matter if it's products or services.

Business is business. Get over it.

My 2 cents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a small business owner, my price is my price. If you don't like it don't buy it. I don't need or want your business.

I've done my research on pricing structure for a superior product and I know the sweet spot in pricing that's going to give me the return I need to continue to run my business, and create a profit.

And I'm not going to lower it because of people who think they are entitled to a lower price, or because they think they know better. Maybe we can share the wealth and share the talent to make it a level playing field.

Do you go into the grocery store and negotiate/complain about the price of something on the shelves?

Do you negotiate/complain about the price of the pair of jeans your going to buy?

No. You either buy it or you don't. This isn't any different. And just because it's not a tangible cereal box you can grab, so many people think its different. It's baffling.

My 2 cents.

It's not the price of the "A" team that anybody is complaining about. It s the fact of being charged the same price for an inferior experience (product) for the "B" and "C" team. Even a small business owner has different prices for different products and believe me if you live through a painful summer on the "B" or "C" team you'll find out the hard way that the product you paid the "A" team price for was not even close to the experience the "A" team families received. It's a pretty simple concept really I'm not sure why people can't wrap their heads around tiered pricing for different Express teams when other clubs are doing it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My 2 cents.

+ $0.02

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My 2 cents.

THANK YOU! That is a great post!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go to a club that you are comfortable with the price. As a parent that has a son on the " A" team I dont know why anyone would want to pay the Express price then have to endure a summer of B/C team lacrosse. Trust me if the day comes when my son doesn't make the "A" team I'm done with the Express. You have many other options. As long as people are willing to pay the price why should the price be reduced.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go to a club that you are comfortable with the price. As a parent that has a son on the " A" team I dont know why anyone would want to pay the Express price then have to endure a summer of B/C team lacrosse. Trust me if the day comes when my son doesn't make the "A" team I'm done with the Express. You have many other options. As long as people are willing to pay the price why should the price be reduced.

this is NOT meant to be a knock on 91 or Express or to diminish the high level of training they provide. The next 4 or 5 years should be interesting. Is it my imagination or are indoor turf places opening all over the darn place. Now how many great lax players has LI produced ? I realize they are all busy making millions in the MLL but maybe they force themselves away from the from the pro lax gravy train to coach a youth team. YOu get a couple of smart ex players from a high level, throw in the availibility of places to train all year and leagues and tourneys all over and me thinks the big boys will have some competition with smaller programs who simply wont have as many hands in the till yet can offer quality But hey what a whino

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
love the fact that the price is the highest... it proves that we are the best cause us parents are willing to pay it!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
love the fact that the price is the highest... it proves that we are the best cause us parents are willing to pay it!!!!

Best at what though ? Many people play for Express becasue they feel its a pipeline to the Catholic schools, almost like donating to a big college with the understanding they will let your kid in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how good the 2022 Express team is?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many people play for Express becasue they feel its a pipeline to the Catholic schools, almost like donating to a big college with the understanding they will let your kid in.

And many people have their kids play for the express because they feel it is the best fit for their son to become a better lacrosse player, my son is in a public school and will be going to a public HS and is going to be a better lacrosse player because of the coaching he gets on express and because of the talent level of the kids he practices with and against, yeah I wish it was less money but I also wish I had a Maserati, I was in a higher tax bracket and wasn't so uncomfortably good looking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like they are holding their own with 2nd and 3rd grade town teams in the indoor winter league

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ANY word when the 2020 Orange Schedule will be coming out? Our family is trying to make summer vacation plands and have NO idea of dates

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

this is NOT meant to be a knock on 91 or Express or to diminish the high level of training they provide. The next 4 or 5 years should be interesting. Is it my imagination or are indoor turf places opening all over the darn place. Now how many great lax players has LI produced ? I realize they are all busy making millions in the MLL but maybe they force themselves away from the from the pro lax gravy train to coach a youth team. YOu get a couple of smart ex players from a high level, throw in the availibility of places to train all year and leagues and tourneys all over and me thinks the big boys will have some competition with smaller programs who simply wont have as many hands in the till yet can offer quality But hey what a whino

That's funny. There are only a small group of players making money in MLL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ANY word when the 2020 Orange Schedule will be coming out? Our family is trying to make summer vacation plands and have NO idea of dates

I have nothing to do with this team, however I question why you would come on this forum and ask this question rather than picking up the phone and calling your coach. Makes me think that maybe you are not on this team or perhaps you wish you were.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not on Express (nor 2020), Id like to see how the team my sons age are run. Doesnt have to be orange could be blue or white

Id like to see if there was room for my son next year.

What is happening to their tournament, who is coming Laxachuttes Chargers who else? Anyone doing their Surf and turf tournament

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't you hear, they're going to the final four. They're in third grade, how good can they be...really!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Real good. They can all tie there shoes. They're 8/9

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I love this response and the one prior one. I have posted a few times on the same topic. You are on here because you have a son that plays youth lacrosse (or you are just a creeep combing youth lacrosse blogs). Your son was once 8/9 years old and you were running up and down the sideline yelling for him to take it to cage. You looked around and saw kids bigger and smaller and some faster and slower and you looked at your son's stick skills and you wondered how does he compare to the other kids. Well now at the 8/9 year old level there is travel lacrosse and it is legitimate, kids and teams routinely play games and practice and beat other teams and lose etc... some Kids are better than other kidss ome teams are better than others and the parents want to gather information about this. But now your son is in 6th grade and he is such a big shot that he plays on 91's B-team or he plays for express or jesters etc. and you cant fathom a parent caring about his kid playing at 9 years old. To you its little johnny cant tie his shoes or blow his nose. If your kids is such a hot shot why are your still blogging about 2022 lacrosse. uh oh, maybe your jonny isnt so good. That sucks. 2021/2022/2023 kids's parents who care about lacrosse enough to gather information about teams etc. good for you, you should be an educated consumer. BTW. hot shot if your son happens to be sub-11 years old, my sons 2022 team will smoke his team, guaranteed (and help your son tie his shoes after the game).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I knew it. A 91 third grade parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But u are correct. There is some talent at that young age. These boys are picking it up quicker than ever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you're post is pathetic!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or am Igloo parent....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would have to agree with you on that. THE most arrogant group of parents I have ever encountered. Considering they play up all the time and aren't successful they should be a little bit more humble. LoCascio is a good coach and is dedicated to those boys. Those boys have talent, but until you are successful against a 4 grade TRAVEL team I wouldn't be bragging like you are the next Crush or Turtles. Enjoy your 8 year old while you can, while you may already be seeing a D1 college career they are still kids this experience should be enjoyable for them. While you are at it might not hurt to teach your sons some humility too, being talented is great but sportsmanship is important too. Nobody likes a cocky jerk whether they are 8, 18 or 80.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I love this response and the one prior one. I have posted a few times on the same topic. You are on here because you have a son that plays youth lacrosse (or you are just a creeep combing youth lacrosse blogs). Your son was once 8/9 years old and you were running up and down the sideline yelling for him to take it to cage. You looked around and saw kids bigger and smaller and some faster and slower and you looked at your son's stick skills and you wondered how does he compare to the other kids. Well now at the 8/9 year old level there is travel lacrosse and it is legitimate, kids and teams routinely play games and practice and beat other teams and lose etc... some Kids are better than other kidss ome teams are better than others and the parents want to gather information about this. But now your son is in 6th grade and he is such a big shot that he plays on 91's B-team or he plays for express or jesters etc. and you cant fathom a parent caring about his kid playing at 9 years old. To you its little johnny cant tie his shoes or blow his nose. If your kids is such a hot shot why are your still blogging about 2022 lacrosse. uh oh, maybe your jonny isnt so good. That sucks. 2021/2022/2023 kids's parents who care about lacrosse enough to gather information about teams etc. good for you, you should be an educated consumer. BTW. hot shot if your son happens to be sub-11 years old, my sons 2022 team will smoke his team, guaranteed (and help your son tie his shoes after the game).

You must think a lot of yourself to make those assumptions. Glad to see you showing your true colors..."my sons 2022 team will smoke his team". What a tool!!! Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know, man. This 91 parent would find a way to have that wierdo shipped off somewhere far away if he were on my kids team. WOW! I can see him now, glazed in Vaseline, grinding lipstick on in a dirty mirror, scratching 'til bloody! YEE-HAWW!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would have to agree with you on that. THE most arrogant group of parents I have ever encountered. Considering they play up all the time and aren't successful they should be a little bit more humble. LoCascio is a good coach and is dedicated to those boys. Those boys have talent, but until you are successful against a 4 grade TRAVEL team I wouldn't be bragging like you are the next Crush or Turtles. Enjoy your 8 year old while you can, while you may already be seeing a D1 college career they are still kids this experience should be enjoyable for them. While you are at it might not hurt to teach your sons some humility too, being talented is great but sportsmanship is important too. Nobody likes a cocky jerk whether they are 8, 18 or 80.

Yes, ALL of the 91 parents are THE most arrogant parents & their 8 year old boys are cocky jerks! This post is pathetic!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, ALL of the 91 parents are THE most arrogant parents & their 8 year old boys are cocky jerks! This post is pathetic!
Most definitely, you are sound. They are not. yeah...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw the 2022 express play and they are an extremely talented team. But what I liked most about them was they were a well COACHED team. They new what to do and when to do. Most of them could use both hands. Look forward to watching them in the future. Remember most of these teams have fathers who have never played coaching. From what I've heard the 2 coaches played at he highest levels and were both considered some of the best

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw the 2022 express play and they are an extremely talented team. But what I liked most about them was they were a well COACHED team. They new what to do and when to do. Most of them could use both hands. Look forward to watching them in the future. Remember most of these teams have fathers who have never played coaching. From what I've heard the 2 coaches played at he highest levels and were both considered some of the best

Ha ha, LI Express parent. The 2022 team is extremely talents? compared to who? the 2nd and 3rd grade town teams they are playing indoors? LI Express will not be able to compete with 91 team, Igloo, Team LI, No Name or even the 2023 91 teams (didnt LI Express 2022 lose to 91 2023 in Santa Jam). However, if your point is that they have some good coaches, then good for them, hopefully the boys get better and have fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For your info I'm not a parent, and as for the santa jam you might have to have a reality check, check all the ages of that 91 team. 1 kid was 2 yrs older than the 2022 team and hats a fact. That kid scred 6 of the 8 goals scored. Also I find it pretty pathetic hat you are putting down 8 yr old kids saying they can't beat these other teams, get a life and just enjoy your children playing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 mixes up teams in tournaments to win for their portfolio.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For your info I'm not a parent, and as for the santa jam you might have to have a reality check, check all the ages of that 91 team. 1 kid was 2 yrs older than the 2022 team and hats a fact. That kid scred 6 of the 8 goals scored. Also I find it pretty pathetic hat you are putting down 8 yr old kids saying they can't beat these other teams, get a life and just enjoy your children playing

Ha ha, Li express parent. 91 2023 has one 3rd grader, the rest are 2nd graders....i will give your this, you have good coahing. Enjoy. They are still young but don't mistake 2022 express as competitive with the better teams. Hopefully your son is in the top5% of the team as they will become comepetitive in 5-6th grade when they have a real tryouts. until then they will be a B club team and an A- town team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your not a parent but you showed up for Santa Jam to check the birth certificates of the 91 players? One kid on 91 beat the entire LI Express team?

Like Reply Quote
Page 49 of 144 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard