BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,661
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 69 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
read below regarding the adding of a rising freshman class

http://insidelacrosse.com/news/2012...onal-camps-draws-talent-across-continent

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
These showcases may not be recruiting camps but they are undenieably a major step in confirming the top 2017 players. Let's face it, were there really any kids that came out of nowhere and were "discovered" last weekend or at Brine in the Fall? If you were paying attention to the sidelines, I think it is quite apparent that the directors of the club programs know all of the standouts (and their parents!) in every position throughout Nassau & Suffolk. I'm pretty certain that the Jake Reed roster will have very few (if any) unknown players from the island. Club and Showcase directors will start comparing notes with college coaches as early as this summer and the buzz begins. It's the Circle of Lax.

So the question again becomes...Is it necessary to go down to Florida to a showcase in the 8th grade? If what you are saying is true "Jake Reed roster will have very few (if any) unknown players from the island", then why would you go? I am seriously asking this question. This is my first "Lax Kid" & we are trying to figure out what is & is not necessary.

they went as this is the first year that rising freshman are being included and it is the only way they are screening this relativel unseen lax population for inclusion into the final 120 in the summer.

Wrong. They did this last year for 2016 kids who wanted to attend the 2016 version of Blue Chip last summer. Get your facts straight.

"fact boy"....read the website..we are talking about rising freshman...and knock off your attitude..enough of that around here..(oh..I forgot..you must be one of the "mad parents" who hates everything about club lax and the coaches and the money and camps....) blah blah blah...

so how is your boy doing in lax anyway? not living up to your expectations and thus the attitude? you can confess here...

yeesh...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how much towns like West Islip, Northport, Smithtown etc charge their players for their summer tournament team (the varsity/ jv or even middle school age players)?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how much towns like West Islip, Northport, Smithtown etc charge their players for their summer tournament team (the varsity/ jv or even middle school age players)?

About $900-$1000 for lots of practices, uniforms and tournament fees all inclusive. Opportunity to be seen for a whole summer by school head coach = priceless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These showcases may not be recruiting camps but they are undenieably a major step in confirming the top 2017 players. Let's face it, were there really any kids that came out of nowhere and were "discovered" last weekend or at Brine in the Fall? If you were paying attention to the sidelines, I think it is quite apparent that the directors of the club programs know all of the standouts (and their parents!) in every position throughout Nassau & Suffolk. I'm pretty certain that the Jake Reed roster will have very few (if any) unknown players from the island. Club and Showcase directors will start comparing notes with college coaches as early as this summer and the buzz begins. It's the Circle of Lax.

So the question again becomes...Is it necessary to go down to Florida to a showcase in the 8th grade? If what you are saying is true "Jake Reed roster will have very few (if any) unknown players from the island", then why would you go? I am seriously asking this question. This is my first "Lax Kid" & we are trying to figure out what is & is not necessary.

they went as this is the first year that rising freshman are being included and it is the only way they are screening this relativel unseen lax population for inclusion into the final 120 in the summer.

Wrong. They did this last year for 2016 kids who wanted to attend the 2016 version of Blue Chip last summer. Get your facts straight.

"fact boy"....read the website..we are talking about rising freshman...and knock off your attitude..enough of that around here..(oh..I forgot..you must be one of the "mad parents" who hates everything about club lax and the coaches and the money and camps....) blah blah blah...

so how is your boy doing in lax anyway? not living up to your expectations and thus the attitude? you can confess here...

You're an angry elf

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're an angry elf

south pole elf...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what's the scoop? Anyone who went down to Florida for 3d have any substantial info for us on how the individual boys did?

How many do you think will make it and in what positions? I hear the competition was really good

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what's the scoop? Anyone who went down to Florida for 3d have any substantial info for us on how the individual boys did?

How many do you think will make it and in what positions? I hear the competition was really good

We all signed non-disclosures...sorry!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From my perspective the following stood out in particular:

Attack: 1 Turtle, 2 fl$, South Carolina, tall kid from Manhasset

Middies: 1 Turtle, 1 express (seemed to switch off with Turtle LSM), lots of other good kids

Defense: 2 Turtles, 2 fl$ (the 2 big kids), 1 True Blue, 1 91, 1 Ward Melville
Rhere were lots of really good kids there and I no doubt missed a whole bunch

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Middies: 1 Turtle, 1 express (seemed to switch off with Turtle LSM), lots of other good kids

Let me guess...Your kid plays for fl$

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any teams in need of a 9th or 10th grade goalie for indoor games email laxdad44@gmail.com

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah! Really!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah you missed a bunch, there weren't many kids down there that couldn't play. It was am absolute pleasure to watch these kids play, and I thought it was a great experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does fl$ have 2 teams at the 2017 age, or something?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You think? And YES, you missed on a few. More accurate below-

Rough number of players from some of the clubs-
91 had 4 or 5
fl$ had 3 or 4
Exp terps had 10 or 12 (too many, a few didn't belong)
Turtles had 4
Trueblue had 2 or 3
Dukes (Philly) had 4
Garden City had 4 or 5
Manhasset had 5

Below who is who stood out to me

Attack- 1 Dukes, 1 Turtle, 1 fl$, 1 N.C. (gold helmet), 1 Terp, 1 91, 1 trueblue

Middie- 1 Dukes, 3 Terp, 1 trueblue, 1 BBL (nj), 1 fl$

Defense- 1 Turtle (lsm & close), 1 Terp (lsm & close), 1 fl$, 1 Crabs

Goalie- 1 Turtle, 1 Outlaws

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some standouts that I saw: 7 attack: (1turt,2terp,1flg,1southerner,1Duke,1-91), 7 middies: (2turtles,3terps,1NJ kid,1Dukes), 6 Defense: (2turtles,1Crab,1FLG,1terp,1-91), 2 Goalie: (1turt,1trueB)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
600 all inclusive for Northport including year around training and tournament fees and our boys place in D1 schools. Pretty amazing!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A little help if you can - no...I do not have 2017 son...

Question 1 - for parents whose sons took part in the 3D Blue Chip Camp/tryout in Fla - when was registration? Time of year/month is fine

Question 2 - The Brine National Team Tryouts (LI Edition) - what month where registrations for tryouts held?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which NJ kid? Summit, BBL, or South Shore lax?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 Turtle Middies please, they are very good players, but they did not stand out last weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow....a lot of dads chiming in for their kids....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you kidding?? the one turtle middie was dominant. ground balls all day. also the summit middie was good and the terp kids showed well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of you people have to stop trying to live through these kids. It's sad your debating 8th grade kids. Hate to say it but I played at the highest level possible, and just cause you "dominated" doesn't mean squat. Some of these kids will grow and get better and some of them may have hit there peak. The fact is a "dominant" 8th grader doesn't mean a great high school let alone college player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you guys all hang out at the same bar or something......Turtles this, Terps that....there were other lacrosse players down there that played well. The Summit kid and the BBL kid (middies) were very good. There was an attackman with a Bandits helmet as well as an attackman from Maryland who was very good. The goalie with the Shamrock helmet was lights out as well. As far as defense goes I would say most of them were very good, I didnt see any kids that really didnt belong. Very good talent down there all around other than the Turtles and the Terps. We get it theyre good players, lets move on already

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of you people have to stop trying to live through these kids. It's sad your debating 8th grade kids. Hate to say it but I played at the highest level possible, and just cause you "dominated" doesn't mean squat. Some of these kids will grow and get better and some of them may have hit there peak. The fact is a "dominant" 8th grader doesn't mean a great high school let alone college player.

So what was your personal progression as you grew in the sport? Were you an early dominator who kept it up until the highest level or were you a late bloomer, and if so, what years did it start to click for you? What was it like for you then that you see differently now for the kids and parents, respectively?

What advise would you give to kids who are early dominators and those who are not clicking yet at this age?. How do you keep parents out of the "stage mom" trap?

And lastly, how many players of your personal era made it to the highest and what can you say about their progressions through the sport?

Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AMEN, lets see how all these "dominant" kids do in two years. Lots of kids will catch up and lax IQ and hard work will win out at the high school level. Enjoy your sons "dominance" while it lasts cause it can be gone in an instant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AMEN, lets see how all these "dominant" kids do in two years. Lots of kids will catch up and lax IQ and hard work will win out at the high school level. Enjoy your sons "dominance" while it lasts cause it can be gone in an instant.

Alot of these "dominant" kids WILL dominate in HS! And, of course, there will be ALOT coming up in the next couple of years! Someone asked the question "who looked good down in Florida", why is anyone suprised by these answers? The next couple/few years will be interesting. Good luck to them all!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find it funny that a large number of kids at the camp came from the same so called "elite" express team that is coached by the same guy that had his company tent at the camp. Strange bedfellows.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find it funny that a large number of kids at the camp came from the same so called "elite" express team that is coached by the same guy that had his company tent at the camp. Strange bedfellows.....

Their parents choose to send them. Maybe his tent was set up to keep the kids out of the sun;) Again, spending alot of $$ does not always make your child the best athlete. It gives them some opportunities but, when push comes to shove the cream of the crop will rise. It doesnt matter how much mommy & daddy talk on BOTC;)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are correct. After all the dominant kids now are going to take their foot off the gas and not progress themselves. How people think is truly amazing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are correct. After all the dominant kids now are going to take their foot off the gas and not progress themselves. How people think is truly amazing.

How can you state that "All the dominant kids now are going to take their foot off the gas and not progress themselves"? That laughable!! You sound as ridiculous as the parents beating their chests about how "dominant" their little 9 year old Johnny is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How can you state that "All the dominant kids now are going to take their foot off the gas and not progress themselves"? That laughable!! You sound as ridiculous as the parents beating their chests about how "dominant" their little 9 year old Johnny is.

I think you misunderstood my sarcasm. I was explaining just what you said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you misunderstood my sarcasm. I was explaining just what you said.

It is actually difficult to decipher between the serious & the sarcastic on this site

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Alot of these "dominant" kids WILL dominate in HS! And, of course, there will be ALOT coming up in the next couple of years! Someone asked the question "who looked good down in Florida", why is anyone suprised by these answers? The next couple/few years will be interesting. Good luck to them all!

Where'd you get that crystal ball? I want one. Noone knows what will happen in two years. I would bet a very small percentage of the kids you believe are dominant now will be so at the next level. What your seeing now is a separation in age and growth so naturally some kids are going to stand out. Yes there are special athletes that will excel throughout high school and beyond but they are few and far between. As to the kids down in Florida, there were far more kids that played well other than the kids that everyone expects. A lot of you are fooled by a kids size and what helmet they wear other than their actual lacrosse ability. Just everyone relax and lets see what happens over the next few years before we start giving out D-1 scholarships based pm 8th grade lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ever hear of a kid peaking early? Do you realize kids grow and mature at different times? 8th grade is typically when kids will start going through puberty and growing so it starts to even the playing field. ITs actually one of the reasons colleges dont look at kids until 10th grade. So you might want to reassess your thinking on the subject as well before you build up unrealistic expectations for your child.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ever hear of a kid peaking early? Do you realize kids grow and mature at different times? 8th grade is typically when kids will start going through puberty and growing so it starts to even the playing field. ITs actually one of the reasons colleges dont look at kids until 10th grade. So you might want to reassess your thinking on the subject as well before you build up unrealistic expectations for your child.

Peaking pubescently and increasing stick skills and field IQ are two different things. I have never seen the fastest kid out run a crisp pass down the field. I will stand by my assessment and wish your kid the the best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mostly what I would say is you really can't judge athletes until they are in 10 grade. Even then it's still a crapshoot. That's why I find it disturbing that kids are recruited early on lie 9 th or 10 grade, these kids aren't fully developed yet. I've seen kids recently commit to a college early and never really get better. By the time they are in 12th most of the other players have caught up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Question 1 - for parents whose sons took part in the 3D Blue Chip Camp/tryout in Fla - when was registration? Time of year/month is fine

Question 2 - The Brine National Team Tryouts (LI Edition) - what month where registrations for tryouts held?

When everyone is done patting themselves on the back and accusing each other of ...well of acting less mature than the kids they are supposed to be raising... Does anyone have any answers???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When everyone is done patting themselves on the back and accusing each other of ...well of acting less mature than the kids they are supposed to be raising... Does anyone have any answers???

I'm sure people will RUN to post something here to help you with info after you just insulted them. Maybe GOOGLE can help you, its mature.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The websites of each above mentioned probably does.

Like Reply Quote
Page 16 of 69 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard