BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 49 of 220 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am playing Top Guns for the 3rd year and have heard alot of teams we play against make fun of our cheap uniforms. Maybe adults dont hear it but we do. The shorts are skin tight even onme and I am only 100 lbs, and the pinnie is to small and always peels off. My team mates feel the same, it seems like it would be easy to get better uniforms so why not? This is not meant to be a mean posting so please dont post mean things back.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The players should weigh in on this not the parents. Good job young lady I hope your wishes are granted by the TG organization !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, I am a 2015 returning player and the uniforms are quite frankly embarrassing. They fit weird and are uncomfortable. Any kind of upgrade should happen this year as the organization is getting better and better. We work hard and I think everyone would be really happy. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hope u get what u deserve u girls work very hard good luck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
hope u get what u deserve u girls work very hard good luck

TG, let the teams go out and buy better uniforms and pay for them. Uniforms are included in initial sign up, drop that idea, make the players pay for a better uniform, and catch up with the rest of the lax world.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I'm just laughing my fool head off about the uniform posts. One of my first posts on BOTC was about 91's crappy uniforms and I got my a$$ handed to me for caring about uni's.

Now my daughter is on TG and other people are complaining about uniforms. I'll agree, the shorts fit funny. The lettering on the pinnies peels even though the shop from whence they came tells each and every person who goes back in to have the numbers re-ironed that, "Gee, this has never happened before."

I'd like to see better uni's. Some teams really do have nice looking gear that fits. Last summer I heard a rumor that better uniforms were forthcoming but haven't heard a thing since. In any event, we're all in the same boat and it's far from a deal breaker on our end.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Moron, PM has trained my daughter and never asked for anything in return. My daughter has never played on his daughters YJ team and none of the Mitchel girls are my daughters age. I do not live in the Mount Sinai school district and have no contacts that he could possibly be trying to exploit. I simply approached him for some advice one day the he ended up training my daughter for many hours for no other purpose than wanting to help her become a better player.Cage Sage you can feel free to contact me directly in regard to this in that you clearly have someone posting anonymous lies in regard to PM and should not be tolerated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would love new uniforms! Even Liberty updated their uniforms and they look awesome with their last names, we should be allowed to do the same!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Moron, PM has trained my daughter and never asked for anything in return. My daughter has never played on his daughters YJ team and none of the Mitchel girls are my daughters age. I do not live in the Mount Sinai school district and have no contacts that he could possibly be trying to exploit. I simply approached him for some advice one day the he ended up training my daughter for many hours for no other purpose than wanting to help her become a better player.Cage Sage you can feel free to contact me directly in regard to this in that you clearly have someone posting anonymous lies in regard to PM and should not be tolerated.
This guy must be a south pole elf

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Cage Sage you can feel free to contact me directly in regard to this in that you clearly have someone posting anonymous lies in regard to PM and should not be tolerated.
Send an e-mail to us at cagesage@backofthecage.com and share your details regarding these posts.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry but that team is horrible if you're talking about top guns 2018 purple. If not.. I'm sorry. They are put in lower brackets and never win anything big. 3 and 1 record in lots of tournaments but never win big. Never. And that's in lower division

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello? Town teams ARE yellow jacket teams. Doesn't anyone know these kids are born and raised and live in towns? This is where they start. It's the yj who are lucky to have certain town's kids and it is indeed these towns who have developed skills and a love for the game during those early years Wake up
Losers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes yes please get us new uniforms Mr Smith

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Hey Cage Sage any chance you could start another thread for Top Guns only posting??? PLEASE?!?!?!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This guy must be a south pole elf

More like a delusional elf

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry but that team is horrible if you're talking about top guns 2018 purple. If not.. I'm sorry. They are put in lower brackets and never win anything big. 3 and 1 record in lots of tournaments but never win big. Never. And that's in lower division

Where would you suggest they place the Purple teams for tournament play? In the same brackets with the Black teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am playing Top Guns for the 3rd year and have heard alot of teams we play against make fun of our cheap uniforms. Maybe adults dont hear it but we do. The shorts are skin tight even onme and I am only 100 lbs, and the pinnie is to small and always peels off. My team mates feel the same, it seems like it would be easy to get better uniforms so why not? This is not meant to be a mean posting so please dont post mean things back.

Ok Mom. Nice try.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Mom. Nice try.

So this is me again and not a mom, just so you know we played against my friends team today and she said our uniforms are crappy. I hope you have a nice life being nasty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah... True I guess Good point

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only delusional people on here are you morons paying for your TG so called coaching. Lets see other than your owners daughter how many have actual lacrosse coaching experience. Nice job on your 2014 class maybe in the future they can all sign up to play for Hofstra because no one else wants them. Hofstra , what a bargain, a subpar academic school with a bad D1 girls lacrosse team in the middle of lovely Hempstead. Is there a less desirable school for the money on long island, I do not think so, but please let us know.

Like Reply Quote
User
User
The only delusional people on here are you morons paying for your TG so called coaching. Lets see other than your owners daughter how many have actual lacrosse coaching experience. Nice job on your 2014 class maybe in the future they can all sign up to play for Hofstra because no one else wants them. Hofstra , what a bargain, a subpar academic school with a bad D1 girls lacrosse team in the middle of lovely Hempstead. Is there a less desirable school for the money on long island, I do not think so, but please let us know.

Hope I am nearby to congratulate the person who shuts your suck hole some day.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
User
User

Ok Mom. Nice try.

So this is me again and not a mom, just so you know we played against my friends team today and she said our uniforms are crappy. I hope you have a nice life being nasty.

Your jersey doesn't matter. The heart underneath it does. Don't get caught up in the nonsense and just work hard. Happy New Year.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
User
User

Ok Mom. Nice try.

Post wasn't nasty. If you are a child it seems your sensitivity concerning posts and uniforms may lead to some difficulty coping in your future. My advice is take it easy and don't listen to parents that constantly complain. Just play.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. Do you ever self reflect? Even under the cloak of anonymous posting any decent person wouldn't be posting such ill hatred. Better remain anonymous because I am sure most all of the people from whatever club you play for would shun you for such an ill attitude. These message boards bring out the true colors of people, for better and in your case for worse. TG has people/parents posting similar garbage too, if your daughters playing lacrosse brings out such anger and hatred, why continue to play? You need to relax and seek help (seriously).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Steppin'Out

Ok Mom. Nice try.

Post wasn't nasty. If you are a child it seems your sensitivity concerning posts and uniforms may lead to some difficulty coping in your future. My advice is take it easy and don't listen to parents that constantly complain. Just play.

Thank you and Have a Happy New Year. I always play with my heart and soul. I just thought maybe we would get new uniforms because of the fact that they always peeled of for the last 2 years in a row. It's annoying but I'm glad I made the team again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
great post. dont put it past a fellow tg parent trying to stir it up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only thing that you said that makes sense is that you hope you are standing nearby too afraid to actually be involved, makes sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. Do you ever self reflect? Even under the cloak of anonymous posting any decent person wouldn't be posting such ill hatred. Better remain anonymous because I am sure most all of the people from whatever club you play for would shun you for such an ill attitude. These message boards bring out the true colors of people, for better and in your case for worse. TG has people/parents posting similar garbage too, if your daughters playing lacrosse brings out such anger and hatred, why continue to play? You need to relax and seek help (seriously).

I find it interesting that you are so appalled when someone has an opinion about a school, yet when one of your TG parents go after an individual coach or worse yet his daughter you are silent.Was the posting about Hofstra harsh , yes, was it way off base, who knows.The school is expensive , but if people want to spend that kind of money its their business.As far as TG uniforms , sure they could be nicer but it won't make them any better or worse players .I hope people are not basing what club their child plays for based on uniforms.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

its all about the swag!

I find it interesting that you are so appalled when someone has an opinion about a school, yet when one of your TG parents go after an individual coach or worse yet his daughter you are silent.Was the posting about Hofstra harsh , yes, was it way off base, who knows.The school is expensive , but if people want to spend that kind of money its their business.As far as TG uniforms , sure they could be nicer but it won't make them any better or worse players .I hope people are not basing what club their child plays for based on uniforms.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The funny thing about the post concerning Hofstra being in hempstead is this. Has the fool who wrote the pose ever been to some of the top colleges in the country? I guess not, because Duke is in one of the worst parts of Durham, John Hopkins is in on of the worst parts of Baltimore, Temple is in one of the worst parts of Philly, and Yale is in o slum in New Haven. This guy is at least uneducated as far as college towns go

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The funny thing about the post concerning Hofstra being in hempstead is this. Has the fool who wrote the pose ever been to some of the top colleges in the country? I guess not, because Duke is in one of the worst parts of Durham, John Hopkins is in on of the worst parts of Baltimore, Temple is in one of the worst parts of Philly, and Yale is in o slum in New Haven. This guy is at least uneducated as far as college towns go
While the post office box for Hofstra reads "Hempstead", the campus is certainly on the outside edge of what one might attempt to confer with this "Hempstead" label. The Hofstra campus, along with many others in the United States including Duke and Hopkins (not sure about Temple), maintain a substantial security presence and a "blue light" program available to any campus visitor feeling unsafe for any reason.

Like Reply Quote
User
User

The only thing that you said that makes sense is that you hope you are standing nearby too afraid to actually be involved, makes sense.

Afraid? You won't even register. Talk about being a coward!

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to Shannon Smith who is ripping it up right now on Team USA! smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Afraid? You won't even register. Talk about being a coward!

I do think it's funny that Hofstra only recruited 2014 from TG I guess it just goes to show you the real reason people play TG. A subpar school is an understatement and realistically what experience does a 22 year old have that makes her suitable to coach the college level.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I do think it's funny that Hofstra only recruited 2014 from TG I guess it just goes to show you the real reason people play TG. A subpar school is an understatement and realistically what experience does a 22 year old have that makes her suitable to coach the college level.
Let's start with the academics at Hofstra University. With increasing SAT Board Scores and increasing application rates, Hofstra has continued to diversify its base pulling more than half the student body from outside New [lacrosse] at this point.

The introduction of the medical school has led the University to invest heavily in the undergraduate science programs including the laboratory sciences. More than $5M is being invested in the new College of Engineering and Applied Sciences (carved from the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences). From a post-graduate perspective, the Physician's Assistants program is just one of the medical disciplines that you are now seeing emerge. Expect a nursing program to emerge within the next two years.

Yes, the medical school did come at the expense of their continued funding of the Division I football program, however from an academic perspective, the investment is well placed.

Turning to lacrosse, you are incorrect that Coach Smith exclusively recruited Long Island or the Top Guns program. You need to find a new source for your information as we have the on-the-ground story for the entering Class of 2014.

As for the experience question, if this is a major issue for you, do not send your child to Hofstra to participate in WLAX. Taking this approach frees you from worrying about how the recruitment moves forward.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The funny thing about your post is your comparing Hofstra to some of the best academic schools in the nation .Then you go as if he said those schools are in great college towns when he did not. Further to compare Hofstra campus to Yale,Hopkins ,or Duke would make you the fool.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Let's start with the academics at Hofstra University. With increasing SAT Board Scores and increasing application rates, Hofstra has continued to diversify its base pulling more than half the student body from outside New [lacrosse] at this point.

The introduction of the medical school has led the University to invest heavily in the undergraduate science programs including the laboratory sciences. More than $5M is being invested in the new College of Engineering and Applied Sciences (carved from the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences). From a post-graduate perspective, the Physician's Assistants program is just one of the medical disciplines that you are now seeing emerge. Expect a nursing program to emerge within the next two years.

Yes, the medical school did come at the expense of their continued funding of the Division I football program, however from an academic perspective, the investment is well placed.

Turning to lacrosse, you are incorrect that Coach Smith exclusively recruited Long Island or the Top Guns program. You need to find a new source for your information as we have the on-the-ground story for the entering Class of 2014.

As for the experience question, if this is a major issue for you, do not send your child to Hofstra to participate in WLAX. Taking this approach frees you from worrying about how the recruitment moves forward.

SS did not respond to one email that any YJ sent her...fact!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to Shannon on being one of the best women's lacrosse players in the country.A check of the facts about Hofstra show it to be ranked 442 in Forbes best college list and at a greater cost when compared to any school ranked lower.Say what you want but not a great deal for the money.When Shannon was first named as head coach some asked if it may impact the recruiting of YJ players to Hofstra.Many thought that was ridiculous, it seems to me it may have.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
SS did not respond to one email that any YJ sent her...fact!!!
Fact #1 : If these e-mails were sent from your current seniors, the blame for a lack of response comes down to Abby Morgan.

Fact #2 : Send us the names of your Yellow Jackets players that want consideration from Coach Smith. We give you our word here at Back of the Cage that we will get those names in front of Shannon with immediate consideration - no joking, no grandstanding. BOTC is here to help the players get to their target schools and if you believe that you have a player, Yellow Jackets or otherwise, that is being overlooked, we want to know. Send me an e-mail to cagesage@backofthecage.com in complete confidence with the players in question. BOTC guarantees that these players will be addressed immediately.

Fact #3 : Philadelphia, Pennsylvania region - really? Do not make us question the offer in Fact #2. We will expect your e-mail in the next 24 hours.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Congratulations to Shannon on being one of the best women's lacrosse players in the country.A check of the facts about Hofstra show it to be ranked 442 in Forbes best college list and at a greater cost when compared to any school ranked lower.Say what you want but not a great deal for the money.When Shannon was first named as head coach some asked if it may impact the recruiting of YJ players to Hofstra.Many thought that was ridiculous, it seems to me it may have.
In the latest US News and World Reports Collegiate Rankings, Hofstra is #134.

US News and World Reports Review : Hofstra University

As for the Forbes listing, please see the following listing :

Forbes Top 100 College Listing

Forbes listing is not well accepted in the industry when compared to USN&WR. That does not invalidate their rankings, however their value-for-money calculations are subject to substantial questioning within the college circuit. In other words, Forbes provides some nice marketing fodder, however USN&WR is still the benchmark against which colleges are measured.

Like Reply Quote
Page 49 of 220 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard