BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,688
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 69 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whats the matter PS MC couldn't take care of this for you

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So your saying the selections were completely unbiased. That must have been another joke haha. Yes all the boys selected are talented and worth the selection. Were there boys not selected who were better than some selected yes and it happens all the time. Really should have been a group of coaches with no affiliations doing the evaluations. This would eliminate all the BS associated with these types of selctions.

who are these boys you are referring to/ defending? They are taking 5 more players, if they didn't make the top 20 then they should get out there sat morning and earn the spot.

My son made it, two of his friends who should've made to top 20 have both been call back for the 5 spots. I really doubt either kid is going Saturday. Turned off, It's a shame because most know these two boys and they are respected by a lot of players in this highly talented 2017 group on long island.

Turned off?? It called facing adversity, a great lesson to be taught at tryouts like this, not giving up is the main one. Be a good friend and tell them to get their asses there and give it their best.

Push them to go? Why, let them make up their own minds, i think they have the right attitude and applaud them for it. Let their parents help guide them to the best option for them.

Lets start off with the two boys who "should have made the top 20"...says who? I think my son should have made the top 20, (& his friends think so too) But that doesnt make it reality. Not going to the second tryout because they are "turned off"? That would never the right attitude. Try and try again, as they say. Lets face it, tryouts are never perfect. Everyone will never agree on who should evaluate during them. Should it be top coaches within the grade level who have seen all of these kids play or strangers who can only see talent @ a tryout? Again, give credit where it is due...these 20 boys are very talented. Could a couple have been overlooked? Yes but, get your butt to the call back and show em what your made of!

well said

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe it is time to put JM & JD on the radio program?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Snnnnnnnnnnnappp!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

now thats just not right

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So your saying the selections were completely unbiased. That must have been another joke haha. Yes all the boys selected are talented and worth the selection. Were there boys not selected who were better than some selected yes and it happens all the time. Really should have been a group of coaches with no affiliations doing the evaluations. This would eliminate all the BS associated with these types of selctions.

who are these boys you are referring to/ defending? They are taking 5 more players, if they didn't make the top 20 then they should get out there sat morning and earn the spot.

My son made it, two of his friends who should've made to top 20 have both been call back for the 5 spots. I really doubt either kid is going Saturday. Turned off, It's a shame because most know these two boys and they are respected by a lot of players in this highly talented 2017 group on long island.

Turned off?? It called facing adversity, a great lesson to be taught at tryouts like this, not giving up is the main one. Be a good friend and tell them to get their asses there and give it their best.

Push them to go? Why, let them make up their own minds, i think they have the right attitude and applaud them for it. Let their parents help guide them to the best option for them.

Lets start off with the two boys who "should have made the top 20"...says who? I think my son should have made the top 20, (& his friends think so too) But that doesnt make it reality. Not going to the second tryout because they are "turned off"? That would never the right attitude. Try and try again, as they say. Lets face it, tryouts are never perfect. Everyone will never agree on who should evaluate during them. Should it be top coaches within the grade level who have seen all of these kids play or strangers who can only see talent @ a tryout? Again, give credit where it is due...these 20 boys are very talented. Could a couple have been overlooked? Yes but, get your butt to the call back and show em what your made of!

Probabtly the best post about this subject.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"His 2 friends should have made it". On whose authority? Would you be as biased as those whom you accuse to be so? Come now. See?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, I just returned home from the Brine thing. I DO see what you mean! I thought that the evaluators were EVALUATING when they were comparing notes, and speaking with one another on the field. Since so many have mentioned it, I guess that they WERE all secretly plotting to only choose their team kids, OVER those who deserve it. I NOW see this, and apologize for not acting like a paranoid, disgruntled nerd all along.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My, how confrontational. The initials. Probably equally as tough in life's day to day

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey I just returned home and I am reading a post from an A Bleep.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey I just returned home and I am reading a post from an A Bleep.
Just logged on to see that somebody must have hit a nerve!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talent at todays tryout was great. With the caliber of player long island has its literally impossible for the evaluators to truly get a good read on an individual player in an hour and a half. With that many talented young men touches were limited and you really had to catch a coaches eye at the precise moment you made a great play. So if a coach has a history with a player and knows how good he is, you can't blame him for picking him. Good luck to those who were chosen and for those who were not keep up the hard work and there is always next year. Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
some day he will figure out him and his friends can't buy everything

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

...guess Jr didn't make it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

...guess Jr didn't make it.

"him and his friends"...I think Jr wrote it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They couldn't work in the same place. Their gigantic heads/ego's wouldn't fit. I think they would do well in the "Bobble Head" business as models......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does a last name make a good player? Seeing it happen all to often at tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They couldn't work in the same place. Their gigantic heads/ego's wouldn't fit. I think they would do well in the "Bobble Head" business as models......

Need some PB for that jelly?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently yours does not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son made the team. Did I touch a nerve? Guilt by association? Feeble minds are so easily goaded into revealing the truth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son made the team. Did I touch a nerve? Guilt by association? Feeble minds are so easily goaded into revealing the truth.

Nope...not a nerve touched and no guilt. My son made the team, based on pure talent! Just sick of hearing the whining & annonymous nasty posts. Im sure its going to be fun listening to you on the sidelines of this tournament!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Talk about feeble minds

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only as good as who comes down to the try out. have fun, but I guess next year everybody will be down to these type of events. Several key names didn't participate in the procedure. Several Key 91 Players not there ( a couple of those big middies) A couple of Terps not there? No True Blue Boys went down, I'm sure they have a couple of top 20 players( defense, and that big middie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Love it. Too funny. Why do people get so nasty. Glad your son made team. This person just shows you how they cant handle a simple question. I was at first tryout and saw a few kids over looked for kids who's brothers played or play in college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you need help

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes I need help in understanding why you attack other people for no obvious reason. That you choose to be cofrontational on a forum where discussing a topic that has been mentioned but not really talked about. You just spew garbage and attack like a child on the playground. Its an open ended question to promote discussion. Not a challange of your manhood. Just assign numbers to players and have it where the coaches/evaluators are unbiased have no affiliation. Or does pedigree, team, and town mean more than quality of player. See who gets picked then. Like I said my son made it even with my last name being insignificant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope...not a nerve touched and no guilt. My son made the team, based on pure talent! Just sick of hearing the whining & annonymous nasty posts. Im sure its going to be fun listening to you on the sidelines of this tournament!

So why bash a simple question. There are and always will be players who make teams and take up spots of players who deserve to be there just based upon thier pedigree. I am glad your son made it but why be a jerk when some asks a question. What is nasty about it? Not calling any individual out just making an observation. Maybe the selection process for this event was or is different than others but in past 2017 events some choices have been questionable and then you find out last names or team affiliations. This is a discussion forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son tried out last year, received call back last year, did not make it. He then tried out this year, got on the short list, went and worked his butt off and made the south team. Many parents and children (yes they are still children) focus on what they perceive to be greatness in their abilities, they really need to go out and play hard and lose to understand that hard work will get them further in life than being handed to them because they believe they are that good. The Brine program might not be perfect but they are far more fare in their process than many of the tryouts and programs we have come across on Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only as good as who comes down to the try out. have fun, but I guess next year everybody will be down to these type of events. Several key names didn't participate in the procedure. Several Key 91 Players not there ( a couple of those big middies) A couple of Terps not there? No True Blue Boys went down, I'm sure they have a couple of top 20 players( defense, and that big middie.

The team is real good. Some great talent on LI in 2017! The next couple of years should be very interesting. Looking forward to it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son tried out last year, received call back last year, did not make it. He then tried out this year, got on the short list, went and worked his butt off and made the south team. Many parents and children (yes they are still children) focus on what they perceive to be greatness in their abilities, they really need to go out and play hard and lose to understand that hard work will get them further in life than being handed to them because they believe they are that good. The Brine program might not be perfect but they are far more fare in their process than many of the tryouts and programs we have come across on Long Island.

Now thats what I am talking about. Making it on hard work and effort. Teaching your kid not to give up and work harder. A Derek Jeter quote"There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do" Congrats and see you on the fields.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So why bash a simple question. There are and always will be players who make teams and take up spots of players who deserve to be there just based upon thier pedigree. I am glad your son made it but why be a jerk when some asks a question. What is nasty about it? Not calling any individual out just making an observation. Maybe the selection process for this event was or is different than others but in past 2017 events some choices have been questionable and then you find out last names or team affiliations. This is a discussion forum.

I have to start with, that was not a simple question. There has been a whole lot of bashing going on regarding this team selection. These are 13 year old boys & very talented ones @ that. Your "observation" is your opinion. You made the accusations of "touching a nerve" or being "guilty by association" & went as far as calling me "feeble minded" & now Im a "jerk". Talk about bashing! As I explained Im none of the above. I am just sick of hearing all the "Lax Daddys" that know better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes I need help in understanding why you attack other people for no obvious reason. That you choose to be cofrontational on a forum where discussing a topic that has been mentioned but not really talked about. You just spew garbage and attack like a child on the playground. Its an open ended question to promote discussion. Not a challange of your manhood. Just assign numbers to players and have it where the coaches/evaluators are unbiased have no affiliation. Or does pedigree, team, and town mean more than quality of player. See who gets picked then. Like I said my son made it even with my last name being insignificant.

Who attacked you or spewed garbage? You do need help

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great post. Congratulations to your son!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have to start with, that was not a simple question. There has been a whole lot of bashing going on regarding this team selection. These are 13 year old boys & very talented ones @ that. Your "observation" is your opinion. You made the accusations of "touching a nerve" or being "guilty by association" & went as far as calling me "feeble minded" & now Im a "jerk". Talk about bashing! As I explained Im none of the above. I am just sick of hearing all the "Lax Daddys" that know better.

Ok in my opinion it was a simple question. So much talent and happy my son is part of it. When I said how important is a last name the response was "apparently yours isn't" that's not being a bit condescending? In my opinion it is. The fact that my son made it on talent and not on lacrosse pedigree makes me proud. I am no way questioning the overall talent of these 2017 boys but the selection process. Why get so upset with my opinion. Debate discuss its all good. I apologize for my feeble minded comment but my interpretation of your response was that maybe just maybe your 13 year old made the team because of the team he played on etc. I am not saying he did and have no idea. It's just that as in another post talent by association. Please don't take it as I am referring about your child. Just wish the selection process were different. As a lacrosse parent I have seen the faults in the process these past 2 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm just trying to figure out your thought process. You're saying that the whole selection process was biased and 24 mediocre players were selected soley based on their club affiliation or last name .. EXCEPT for your son who is so talented that the even the most corrupt evaluators had to put him on the team???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm ju[i][/i]st trying to figure out your thought process. You're saying that the whole selection process was biased and 24 mediocre players were selected soley based on their club affiliation or last name .. EXCEPT for your son who is so talented that the even the most corrupt evaluators had to put him on the team???

Your joking right? Please read what I wrote. The process is flawed. Didn't say anything you just posted. I didn't say these players were at all mediocre. It's one of the most talented groups of player long island has seen in a long time. Just a few selections that were made possibly due to pedigree, or team affiliation. No one is corrupt, you said that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to disagree. I watched the tryouts on that cold Dec. 1 day and the boys selected, in my opinion, truly stood our amongst the rest. The kids invited back for the call back was quite accurate, if a child did not attend the call back, well they have bigger issues. The biggest flaw that i saw in the process is that they stated that there would be the selected called back players with any pre-registers that could not attend the Dec. 1 date yet, there had to be and additional 70+ players who showed up and the space was not setup to accommodate all of them. Heck, there were 30+ defense players, i don't think the Dec. 1 day had that many.
In my opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brine Middle School tryout results:

Insane Roster. Incredible talent. The very best Boys of 2017 that long Island has to offer. Going to be tough for other regions to match.

The 2016 and 2015 ages should look very closely at the towns where these boys are from because this 2017 bunch will challenge them big time all the way through high school. Starting this coming season. Don't be surprised if some of these 2017 boys bypass MS and JV altogether - even in the best lax districts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know about that. Besides the Turtles not one of the better 2017 teams on Long Island can compete with ANY of the top 3 or 4 2016 teams. 10 or 12 goal differential.
And, unlike the better 2016 players, the better 2017 players all seem to be, for the most part, smaller players. Don't know how big they will get in H.S. And size becomes a huge factor in H.S.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Na
I'm ju[i][/i]st trying to figure out your thought process. You're saying that the whole selection process was biased and 24 mediocre players were selected soley based on their club affiliation or last name .. EXCEPT for your son who is so talented that the even the most corrupt evaluators had to pHS him on the team???

Your joking right? Please read what I wrote. The process is flawed. Didn't say anything you just posted. I didn't say these players were at all mediocre. It's one of the most talented groups of player long island has seen in a long time. Just a few selections that were made possibly due to pedigree, or team affiliation. No one is corrupt, you said that.

I'm assuming the last post was a bit sarcastic but, your simple question" was an accusation that some of these players (of course not your son) were not qualified, just had "lacrosse pedigree". Some people take offense to that. I did. My son works his a** off, as do the other boys on these teams. To hear parents saying otherwise is offensive.

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 69 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard