BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts388,047
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 109 of 128 1 2 107 108 109 110 111 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How about this - all the major clubs come together and do the right thing and say they are going to follow USL guidelines and go age based this fall. Problem solved.

At least until high school.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
amen

If hoco changed to aged based the clubs would just start another grade based league.

Missed point completely. Now Clubs would for sure. But at the time the league got started there were only age based leagues (NPYLL) (MYLA A ) and grade based High School . All youth teams were age based and if the MIAA influenced Howard County Recreation Department would have started a age based league, we would not have near the problem we have now.

Even at that time almost ALL of the clubs stayed age based until they saw writing on the wall with holdbacks. Of course Crabs ( Boys Latin based at time) licked their chops and recruited every holdback they could. Others followed quickly .

Now with Early Recruiting gone until 11th grade what will be big excuse in YOUTH lacrosse. Probably wont matter as all teams have holdbacks now and as they say " cat is out of bag".. Hard to put it back in now.

Howard County Recreation ..... At the Top of ...Hall of Shame of Lacrosse ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hats off that the crabs chear. Are you suppose to have a roster and stick to it. Not add players from 3 other teams. This is your team. Some BS and if you might win sorry hawks will crush your made up team. How do you as parents say we just won with other players.
No one should go to any Hawks tournamends period until they stop bending the rules to help benefit them

Not a Hawks tournament

Who is bending the rules? Hoco and all major tournaments set the rules. ALL clubs take the very best kids that tryout & meet the rules as they are written. Bethesda area and Baltimore have the most holdbacks by far, so their teams tend to have the most holdbacks. Anne Arundel/Annapolis and Howard County have a few. Some clubs are much better recruiters than others, but they all go after the very best players regardless of their age.

If you don't like the grade based rules, play rec. No club turns down holdbacks that tryout.

HOCO or HOward COunty Recreation Department should go down as the one of the leading KING OF SHAME of LACROSSE. This public organization is the league that gave Crabs,FCA and the rest of the holdback clubs a place to play at beginning of this mess.

HOCO could have just as easily started a league of U10,U11,U13,etc, etc...like ALL the rest of their age based leagues in Howard County. HOCO give yourself a pat on back for spreading this garbage in YOUTH lacrosse. You deserve it !!

I wonder if any of the people running HOCO having a holdback kid in MIAA school had anything to do with it?? HOCO , public organization with MIAA schools holdback kids interest, not its own public students and athletics in county .

Hoco has a U15, U13, U11 league and it is mostly rec teams, just like a lot of big tourneys have age and grade divisions. Pick the one you like.

Missed point. No Club teams had YOUTH based teams until Howard County Recreation Department started this league. NO ONE HAD YOUTH TEAMS get it.... Only HS teams.

With this league started the some Clubs especially Crabs licked their chops and recruited holdbacks. Most others followed reluctantly after seeing Crabs dominate with older heldback players. Even the Crabs up until that point were age based at YOUTH U13 and U15 and had great teams.

Without this league even if Crabs wanted its youth holdbacks on their youth teams....who would they played ?? Themselves because most teams did not go holdbacks even at beginning.

Howard County Recreation...Thanks for ruining YOUTH lacrosse in Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hoco changes rules so will clubs no where else to play...go back to birthdays

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hoco changes rules so will clubs no where else to play...go back to birthdays

Unfortunately we are way beyond that now... $$$ is pouring in to the clubs, lacrosse is more successful now than ever, should Hoco change the rules the clubs would just form their own league.

Just the way it is...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hoco does go age based...Ill start a league that is grade based and pick up those teams and make all that cash!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have been around this scene for a bit....this " cheating " didn't start with grade based guidelines..therewas plenty of cheating and still is at age based

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have been around this scene for a bit....this " cheating " didn't start with grade based guidelines..therewas plenty of cheating and still is at age based

because it wasn't enforced, not because it won't work

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would be happy if you had to turn a roster in 1 month prior to HoCo. From that point you lock the roster and do check ins.

As far as the tournaments you should have to play with the players you selected in August. Players work to hard to be replaced at tournament time with other kids.

Everyone calls themselves coaches. We'll coaches build and pick the team in August. It's their job to develop the players they took. Not get scared that they are going to lose because they didn't coach the boys up over the course of the year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would be happy if you had to turn a roster in 1 month prior to HoCo. From that point you lock the roster and do check ins.

As far as the tournaments you should have to play with the players you selected in August. Players work to hard to be replaced at tournament time with other kids.

Everyone calls themselves coaches. We'll coaches build and pick the team in August. It's their job to develop the players they took. Not get scared that they are going to lose because they didn't coach the boys up over the course of the year.

Agree...but will never happen except for a few teams. Pretty sad. My sons have and do play various sports ...Lacrosse is the most ridiculous when it comes to youth.. Youth lacrosse has its holdbacks.. No id cards..adding players to teams at times.

Lacrosse is near the bottom in integrity of youth sports...Youth Soccer which used to be terrible years ago is actually the best as far a system for youths to play against each other..

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Crabs 2026 team - Any thoughts about a young team. Who is the coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs 2026 team will be made up of 2025 and 2024 kids...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good, 2024 was horrific.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good, 2024 was horrific.

Biggest problem I heard with 2024 team was that the parking lot at practice field was not big enough to handle all the players driving their cars to practice.

I heard many are leaving to FCA due to larger parking lot and being able to park their cars there. FCA thinking ahead!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Wow, got it. thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good, 2024 was horrific.

Biggest problem I heard with 2024 team was that the parking lot at practice field was not big enough to handle all the players driving their cars to practice.

I heard many are leaving to FCA due to larger parking lot and being able to park their cars there. FCA thinking ahead!!

unoriginal

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could the age versus grade whiners go hibernate and have folks actually post about the sport of lacrosse (games, strategies, coaching acumen, prognostications, etc.)? I hate when folks hijack a perfectly good forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watched the WSYL the other day.... They are really pushing this thing... Announcer called out Crabs for not participating... He said something like Baltimore Crabs claims to be the best Club team in the World... Why are they not here participating at the Meca of youth lacrosse tournaments....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could it be because the tournament is a joke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my thoughts are simple. If you don't go then you don't have the right to say that the best teams weren't there. If the Russians don't come to the Olympics then people can say the best didn't show and the person who won the gold isn't the best.

You are either in or you are out. if you are out then you have no right insulting the teams that were there and since Express won, they are the best team in that age group regardless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my thoughts are simple. If you don't go then you don't have the right to say that the best teams weren't there. If the Russians don't come to the Olympics then people can say the best didn't show and the person who won the gold isn't the best.

You are either in or you are out. if you are out then you have no right insulting the teams that were there and since Express won, they are the best team in that age group regardless.

Everyone knows the 1980 and 1984 olympics were jokes because the US didn't appear in one and the USSR didn't appear in the other. What point are you trying to make. Maybe next year the Maryland teams will go and the LI teams will stay home.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and then Maryland can say they have the best team in the country. DUH!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could it be because the tournament is a joke

No many of the Maryland YOUTH club teams are loaded with players held back and couldnt make the cut off of USL guidelines of Sept 1 ...

It is as simple as that..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good, 2024 was horrific.

unoriginal

I thought it was pretty good!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush over Crabs 14-4 - yikes! Bigger margin than Denver. Back to the Crab lair to plot next move I guess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush over Crabs 14-4 - yikes! Bigger margin than Denver. Back to the Crab lair to plot next move I guess.

Went 5-1, beat West Coast Starz, Mesa Fresh, LI Express, Edge, and Laxachussets. If the best critism is they lost in the final to the best team in the country, I'd say they are in pretty good shape, and the only lair dweller looks a lot like what you see in the mirror. Nice try!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Crush over Crabs 14-4 - yikes! Bigger margin than Denver. Back to the Crab lair to plot next move I guess.

Went 5-1, beat West Coast Starz, Mesa Fresh, LI Express, Edge, and Laxachussets. If the best critism is they lost in the final to the best team in the country, I'd say they are in pretty good shape, and the only lair dweller looks a lot like what you see in the mirror. Nice try!
Sorry but the only dweller here is the cesspool dwellers of Crabs. It is a sh*t organza tigon, created by the top cesspool king Ryan McClernan. You think they are in good shape, well if they keep the Nass holdback crap up they may have a chance. The 2020 team is a 2018/2019 team in disguise, we all know it. Same goes for many of their other teams. Ryan is taking the 2022 team next year but he didn't want to because they were weak this year. Watch what he does to improve the 2022 team for next season. Yep, you got it, add lots of 2021 players. The only way he knows how to try and be competitive because he has no lax IQ. If you think I am not a fan of Crabs or RM you got it. So look in the mirror buddy boy and you will see a cesspool dweller.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5-1, fine, but the team that they CHEATED to beat continues to whomp them. Karma!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs - 17 year old 9th graders. SMH.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush is the best team in the country. You're right Crush has their number but Crabs had a good tournament and their superstars didn't play well. Defense carried them and scored goals in several games. Attack and middies couldn't handle the ball in the final. Their usual big gun scorers were MIA. The score made Crush look better than they are Crabs turnovers beat themselves. Remember they played a 2 goal at NLF just 5 weeks ago. Both teams willl be back in the fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many? Can you confirm DOBs? Thought they only had one since the others moved to FCA can't play in HS once you turn 19.... not senior season for these guys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs were without a handful of key players this weekend. Including 2 D1 commits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its too bad Looneys and FCA couldn't make it to Long island. The NLF should set an invitational up 16 teams 4 groups with 8 making quarters. Some teams matchup well with 89+2 looks like LE gave them a real battle. While the Fall will see some good matchups the events are run showcase like so the debate will rage on until next summer if anyone can play consistently on 89+s's level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does VLC fit in with the Crabs? What is the relationship, do they attend the same tournaments etc? Just looking good options for a 2023 player in NOVA.

Crabs owns VLC, and they drive the tourneys that both clubs play in. We play in most of the same tournaments, all of the NLF events, CrabFeast, etc. Suggest you reach out to Adam Langley at VLC, and if your son is interested he will likely invite him to attend a VLC practice and see how he fits in. Practices are in NoVa at George Mason and are easy to get to. Excellent coaches and instruction at all age levels, my son has been with the club for 4 years and really enjoys it. As another poster mentioned, there is only one AA team at each grade level, no lower level teams. Hope that helps!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many? Can you confirm DOBs? Thought they only had one since the others moved to FCA can't play in HS once you turn 19.... not senior season for these guys.

And it's 19 before start of Senior year for MIAA cap.
And no, you don't need to seek out DOB's on minors, or maybe you do, in which case call ABC Networks, tell them about it, I think they have a program for you. Just go where they tell you after your talk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush is the best team in the country. You're right Crush has their number but Crabs had a good tournament and their superstars didn't play well. Defense carried them and scored goals in several games. Attack and middies couldn't handle the ball in the final. Their usual big gun scorers were MIA. The score made Crush look better than they are Crabs turnovers beat themselves. Remember they played a 2 goal at NLF just 5 weeks ago. Both teams willl be back in the fall.

Watched the game and the actual score was higher halftime score was 9-1 You could tell the way crush was scoring and some of the goals were of WOW quality have NO love for the Crabs which was made it better. That team when motivated it is almost unfair. All three attack score on demand the midfielders run and run and never tire. Crabs parents were usual excuse makers but it had to be embarrassing the way they were handled. Crush were pushing the break til the very end

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watched the game and the actual score was higher halftime score was 9-1 You could tell the way crush was scoring and some of the goals were of WOW quality have NO love for the Crabs which was made it better. That team when motivated it is almost unfair. All three attack score on demand the midfielders run and run and never tire. Crabs parents were usual excuse makers but it had to be embarrassing the way they were handled. Crush were pushing the break til the very end

Crabs were without some of their top players this weekend. Game with Crush was much closer in June when they were at full strength. Crabs parents were fine and complemented Crush parents after the game - no need to stir the pot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to the Fall already just wish the NLF guys would set up a top 16 invitational in a great location (Turf Fields) and give the Club Managers a wide berth when and where. We played at 4HHH, Crabfeast and NLF and had very different lineups everytime. We had to go to Long Island with 1 goalie 4 poles and had lots of great players missing. Hopefully they will rejoin our program this Fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We saw you watching the game, nimrod, ex-Crab Dad! Sour grapes got the best of you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw on Crabs website regarding tryouts that their for their 2021's they will have two 2021 teams for 2017-2018, the second team called the Hardshells. Anyone know what this is about? This is directly from their website:

"The Fantastic Freshman - We WILL have a 2nd team HARDSHELLS focused on academic aces. Tourneys to be chosen based on IVY and Sub Ivy college attendance".

Have no idea what this is about. Their present 2021 team is pretty strong, could probably use a few stronger players at a few positions but are they getting that many tryout applications that they can add a few(or replace a few) on their present 2021 team and have enough to field a second 2021 team?.

Like Reply Quote
Page 109 of 128 1 2 107 108 109 110 111 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard