BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,851
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 57 of 214 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Seems like a down year with only a handful of exceptional players in Nassau (assume Suffolk is the same) that are obvious All-American choices? Lots of good kids but not many exceptional kids. Even some of the high profile players had somewhat sub par years. Lets hope politics do not play too big of a role and that they acknowledge the kids that are most deserving.

When the chosen players have down years, then politics takes over. Most all americans are kind of decided early because of their history so its expected. But when they have a down year they should be passed over. Lets see

Are all Americans announced at the county awards dinner? I don't think that's how it was done in the past.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like a down year with only a handful of exceptional players in Nassau (assume Suffolk is the same) that are obvious All-American choices? Lots of good kids but not many exceptional kids. Even some of the high profile players had somewhat sub par years. Lets hope politics do not play too big of a role and that they acknowledge the kids that are most deserving.

When the chosen players have down years, then politics takes over. Most all americans are kind of decided early because of their history so its expected. But when they have a down year they should be passed over. Lets see

They will not be passed over because honestly this year there are not enough kids who have played at that level. In past years it seemed like several deserving players did not get the award because there were too many deserving players so some players had to be excluded , this year it seems the opposite in that several players will get the recognition that maybe did not have that type season .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No sport is more political than girls lacrosse.

These awards were determined before the season started.

Everybody knows it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everybody knows it.
Lets try to keep in mind that , at least on L.I., Girls lacrosse is mostly politics. It has gotten so bad that now Carol Rose and Tracy Weiner even have a flunky on local T.V. to push there agenda. I mean come on, Who is this self proclaimed Lax Guru Rapport anyway? He never played lacrosse at any level, doesn't have a sister that played, his wife never played, he doesn't have kids old enough to play, the closest he got to a lacrosse team is when his H.S. team shoved him in a locker, but there he is spouting off CR's and TW's view points on TV? Crap at least I played lacrosse and so does my daughter, so I'm way more qualified than that"guru" [lacrosse]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Section XI upstate and next year preview

A division, Middle Country has a chance and will in every game have the best layer on the field. Problem is will the others on offense step up when the other teams plan is to do all it can to stop Ortega.Is there defense enough. If they don't get it done this year they will never get it done.

C division, its Mt.Sinai's to lose. I think they roll thru the competition .In the end they are very good defensively and next year they are a little more vulnerable on that end but will still be the team to beat.

D division, Mattituck has a chance but its a small chance as the upstate D is more difficult than any other division. Mattituck is a young team and graduates no starters so they should be ready to compete with anyone next year .

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the Nassau county awards dinner?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Overrated AA choices for sure

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everybody knows it.
Lets try to keep in mind that , at least on L.I., Girls lacrosse is mostly politics. It has gotten so bad that now Carol Rose and Tracy Weiner even have a flunky on local T.V. to push there agenda. I mean come on, Who is this self proclaimed Lax Guru Rapport anyway? He never played lacrosse at any level, doesn't have a sister that played, his wife never played, he doesn't have kids old enough to play, the closest he got to a lacrosse team is when his H.S. team shoved him in a locker, but there he is spouting off CR's and TW's view points on TV? Crap at least I played lacrosse and so does my daughter, so I'm way more qualified than that"guru" [lacrosse]

Guess he hasn't mentioned your daughter yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is there a rule that every booster club parents kid must get an award?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a list of award winners?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got to love same responses every year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everybody knows it.

Your post tells me you should have zero to do with high school sports in general. As far as Rapport goes at least he is paying attention to lacrosse on long Island.If you think that someone needed to play a sport in order to be qualified to discuss the sport that's just ridiculous and is always comical because some clown who played lacrosse in high school now thinks they are experts in the game because of it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got to love same responses every year

I'm sure there were a few girls that were overlooked, but the girls who received AA awards and AA honorable mention are all deserving players. And no, my daughter didn't receive an award. She's a really good player, but not at the level of the girls selected.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a list of the girls who won AA and academic AA? Curious who won

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Volunteer to help your town/HS Booster club. Do it early in your daughter's sports career. Don't criticize, get involved...

I have found that the booster clubs are run by the parents that push to organize the events for the younger kids and stay involved in their child's activities as they get older. The involved parents are used to handling money, organizing events, organizing fundraisers etc... Lacrosse, especially, at the younger ages, is always forced to take a back seat to everything (soccer, swimming, softball...). So the job is hard enough without having to deal with the ungrateful complainers.

If you are too busy to help, thank the booster club for their time and effort. Complaining parents just make their job that much more difficult. Applaud ALL the children who receive awards! They are just children.

Have a great summer!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Volunteer to help your town/HS Booster club. Do it early in your daughter's sports career. Don't criticize, get involved...

I have found that the booster clubs are run by the parents that push to organize the events for the younger kids and stay involved in their child's activities as they get older. The involved parents are used to handling money, organizing events, organizing fundraisers etc... Lacrosse, especially, at the younger ages, is always forced to take a back seat to everything (soccer, swimming, softball...). So the job is hard enough without having to deal with the ungrateful complainers.

If you are too busy to help, thank the booster club for their time and effort. Complaining parents just make their job that much more difficult. Applaud ALL the children who receive awards! They are just children.

Have a great summer!

Amen!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everybody knows it.

Your post tells me you should have zero to do with high school sports in general. As far as Rapport goes at least he is paying attention to lacrosse on long Island.If you think that someone needed to play a sport in order to be qualified to discuss the sport that's just ridiculous and is always comical because some clown who played lacrosse in high school now thinks they are experts in the game because of it.
So, you obviously never played on any level either, that is obvious. Alotbof people pay attention to girls lacrosse on L.I. , only people like you call them pervs, creeps and paedophiles, but some how this creepy guy gets a pass by you because he's on TV? Or is it because you're amongst the YJ faithful, or both. Yes I played in H.S. and college and post collegiate, and I am a far better judge then you or him, is that so hard to believe that someone that actually played would be a better judge than eithyou or him? The only problem with me is that my daughter is allready in college so if I follown H.S. girls people like you call me a pedophile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"So, you obviously never played on any level either, that is obvious. Alotbof people pay attention to girls lacrosse on L.I. , only people like you call them pervs, creeps and paedophiles, but some how this creepy guy gets a pass by you because he's on TV? Or is it because you're amongst the YJ faithful, or both. Yes I played in H.S. and college and post collegiate, and I am a far better judge then you or him, is that so hard to believe that someone that actually played would be a better judge than eithyou or him? The only problem with me is that my daughter is allready in college so if I follown H.S. girls people like you call me a pedophile"

This is one scary post. You have obviously at some point in your life been accused of being a pedophile. Now you are on a high school girls lacrosse site .Get help.
Lets hear from your expert opinion what exactly Rappp has said that is so outrageous. What a loser.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Overrated AA choices for sure [/quote

Happens every year. Some that deserve it don't get it and some that don't deserve it get it. It's just the way it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree---- mount Sinai should again be state champs. toughest D I have seen in a long time with a very patient offense.

GC looks tough as nails. I think they also win it.

MC has a world class player and is good enough to carry her team to the crown.

Unbelievable how young Mattituck is. 7 soph 1fresh 4 jr starters. This year may be a year or two early for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"So, you obviously never played on any level either, that is obvious. Alotbof people pay attention to girls lacrosse on L.I. , only people like you call them pervs, creeps and paedophiles, but some how this creepy guy gets a pass by you because he's on TV? Or is it because you're amongst the YJ faithful, or both. Yes I played in H.S. and college and post collegiate, and I am a far better judge then you or him, is that so hard to believe that someone that actually played would be a better judge than eithyou or him? The only problem with me is that my daughter is allready in college so if I follown H.S. girls people like you call me a pedophile"

This is one scary post. You have obviously at some point in your life been accused of being a pedophile. Now you are on a high school girls lacrosse site .Get help.
Lets hear from your expert opinion what exactly Rappp has said that is so outrageous. What a loser.
Yah on this site all the time by you crazy lax moms

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask the LB gnome he has been crying, texting and politicking for ever and to who ever will listen. I give him credit though it worked Long Beach Laxers AA(s) and honorable mention, what a joke !!! How is Long Beach going to do in states this weekend? LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask the LB gnome he has been crying, texting and politicking for ever and to who ever will listen. I give him credit though it worked Long Beach Laxers AA(s) and honorable mention, what a joke !!! How is Long Beach going to do in states this weekend? LOL

Pretty tough coming from behind the key board...why don't you say it to his face...we played LB, good team...they lost to GC like everyone else...What town you from tough guy?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A player doesn't have to be going to states to be an AA. Seriously?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unbelievable how young Mattituck is. 7 soph 1fresh 4 jr starters. This year may be a year or two early for them.
I don't think we'd be talking about Mattituck if they didn't have a Class D. They are young and pretty good, and They should be able to dominate that Division for some time, but their season would be over already if not for the drop to Class d

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think we'd be talking about Mattituck if they didn't have a Class D. They are young and pretty good, and They should be able to dominate that Division for some time, but their season would be over already if not for the drop to Class d

Mattituck will be the old Cold Spring Harbor that walked to county championships year after year because of their division. CSH plays in the Power Conference all season and then went back and torched same size schools in the playoffs. They were moved up this year and now have to battle Wantagh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Einstein, and if they had no A,B,C,D Classes we would not be talking about 3 out of 4 Long Island teams that are left . Any more master of the obvious observations .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Einstein, and if they had no A,B,C,D Classes we would not be talking about 3 out of 4 Long Island teams that are left . Any more master of the obvious observations .

True, but conf D had a total of 5 teams on the whole island...You have to admit its a total joke conf.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, heated response. Lumpy mattress, biting the pillow keepin yah up late? I think the poster was just trying to keep their season in perspective.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have heard that they would be in the C Division if they allowed Greenport to play like the boys program does ... but then they would not win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have heard that they would be in the C Division if they allowed Greenport to play like the boys program does ... but then they would not[quote=Anonymous]Have heard that they would be in the C Division if they allowed Greenport to play like the boys program does ... but then they would not win.

Could be wrong but their AD told me they have Zero players from greenport in the program and only a couple from Southold . They do not have a JV due to numbers .He also told me that they are D level even if Greenport had a few kids who played .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True, but conf D had a total of 5 teams on the whole island...You have to admit its a total joke conf.

That is true but when you look at the other Sections up state a good number of the schools are in Class D.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have heard that they would be in the C Division if they allowed Greenport to play like the boys program does ... but then they would not[quote=Anonymous]Have heard that they would be in the C Division if they allowed Greenport to play like the boys program does ... but then they would not win.

Could be wrong but their AD told me they have Zero players from greenport in the program and only a couple from Southold . They do not have a JV due to numbers .He also told me that they are D level even if Greenport had a few kids who played .

Whatever the case, they basically play in a PAL league of 5 small teams- they're a middle of the pack or low ranked team at best in any other division

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mattituck has 7 college commits on their team. Harvard, Davidson, UVA x2, William and Mary, Wagner, And Adelphi.(according to lax power). Not too bad for a school with a class size of about 100 with only one senior on the team. Give them a little credit. Nice job to you Mattituck. Mr sour grapes obviously did not make the playoffs. I'm from Mt Sinai and we play Mattituck every year and have never lost to them, but they do deserve some credit for what they have done in such a short time as a varsity. I think only six years. They give us some of our closest games every year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, heated response. Lumpy mattress, biting the pillow keepin yah up late? I think the poster was just trying to keep their season in perspective.

Why is he just trying to keep their season in perspective ? Because he is douchie . Who cares,the Mattituck kids get to extend their season and experience playing in the state tournament , good for them . Then of course you have the ignorant "fact" guy who has to just make stuff up ,I don't know how many teams are in conference D on Long Island but it's not 5. Why come on here and just make a number up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whatever the case, they basically play in a PAL league of 5 small teams- they're a middle of the pack or low ranked team at best in any other division

Honestly you just sound like a complete jeolous loser. The Mattituck coaches and parents could not be nicer ,what team does your kid play on?
Tell us which division they would be so low ranked in . Just looking at past results , have made playoffs in the C the past 3-4 years , have beaten the best teams in the B (RP ESM) when they played last, and the only A division team they play each year they have beaten relatively easily ( an A division team who made the playoffs this year winning their first game ) .They have played in the toughest division in Suffolk the past several years and an argument could be made that if they were in another division they may have had a chance at winning it .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mattituck has 7 college commits on their team. Harvard, Davidson, UVA x2, William and Mary, Wagner, And Adelphi.(according to lax power). Not too bad for a school with a class size of about 100 with only one senior on the team. Give them a little credit. Nice job to you Mattituck. Mr sour grapes obviously did not make the playoffs. I'm from Mt Sinai and we play Mattituck every year and have never lost to them, but they do deserve some credit for what they have done in such a short time as a varsity. I think only six years. They give us some of our closest games every year.

Agree. They deserve a little credit. They are a decent team. They are not as good as their journey is taking them. No emotion. Just fact. If they weren't in the PAL division you would not hear a word about them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Honestly you just sound like a complete jeolous loser. The Mattituck coaches and parents could not be nicer ,what team does your kid play on?
Tell us which division they would be so low ranked in . Just looking at past results , have made playoffs in the C the past 3-4 years , have beaten the best teams in the B (RP ESM) when they played last, and the only A division team they play each year they have beaten relatively easily ( an A division team who made the playoffs this year winning their first game ) .They have played in the toughest division in Suffolk the past several years and an argument could be made that if they were in another division they may have had a chance at winning it .

Niceness has nothing to do with how they would rank. I'm sure are a nice team. A nice team that would do ok in other divisions. Sorry it bothers you that people thinks their league is a joke. They didn't even have playoff games but went straight to the countys and beat a weak team. Just stating facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Have heard that they would be in the C Division if they allowed Greenport to play like the boys program does ... but then they would not[quote=Anonymous]Have heard that they would be in the C Division if they allowed Greenport to play like the boys program does ... but then they would not win.

Could be wrong but their AD told me they have Zero players from greenport in the program and only a couple from Southold . They do not have a JV due to numbers .He also told me that they are D level
even if Greenport had a few kids who played .

Niceness has nothing to do with how they would rank. I'm sure are a nice team. A nice team that would do ok in other divisions. Sorry it bothers you that people thinks their league is a joke. They didn't even have playoff games but went straight to the countys and beat a weak team. Just stating facts

The only fact that bothers me is you are a [lacrosse]. Why would an adult come onto this site with the sole purpose to put down young girls accomplishments , because you are a [lacrosse] , there is no other explanation. My kid lost in the LIC this year and has been to the states previously and it's an awesome experience that your kid will never have , get over it . We have played Mattituck and have beaten and lost to them in the past but it is always a difficult game . I can guarantee you that if they were in our division they would have been one of the top teams possibly winning it .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Have heard that they would be in the C Division if they allowed Greenport to play like the boys program does ... but then they would not[quote=Anonymous]Have heard that they would be in the C Division if they allowed Greenport to play like the boys program does ... but then they would not win.

Could be wrong but their AD told me they have Zero players from greenport in the program and only a couple from Southold . They do not have a JV due to numbers .He also told me that they are D level
even if Greenport had a few kids who played .

Niceness has nothing to do with how they would rank. I'm sure are a nice team. A nice team that would do ok in other divisions. Sorry it bothers you that people thinks their league is a joke. They didn't even have playoff games but went straight to the countys and beat a weak team. Just stating facts

The only fact that bothers me is you are a [lacrosse]. Why would an adult come onto this site with the sole purpose to put down young girls accomplishments , because you are a [lacrosse] , there is no other explanation. My kid lost in the LIC this year and has been to the states previously and it's an awesome experience that your kid will never have , get over it . We have played Mattituck and have beaten and lost to them in the past but it is always a difficult game . I can guarantee you that if they were in our division they would have been one of the top teams possibly winning it .

You're obviously emotionally attached. Just stating facts. Its a weak league. They win in a weak league. No attack on kids. Just stating these nice kids play in a weak division. Every state probably has a league like this. Ours happens to be D.

Like Reply Quote
Page 57 of 214 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard