BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,887
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 36 of 51 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 50 51
Re: Boys 2020- 9th Grade Fall 2016/Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No one cares about this age anymore. Most of the teams haven't even had a practice. This is all the dads being helicopters

Seriously, not playing for a t-shirt anymore. No one cares which team wins. It's all about the kids getting good looks for recruiting. Do you really think Breschi or Petro care if you kid's team won the tournament?

Petro will be fired before any of these boys get there!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one cares about this age anymore. Most of the teams haven't even had a practice. This is all the dads being helicopters

Seriously, not playing for a t-shirt anymore. No one cares which team wins. It's all about the kids getting good looks for recruiting. Do you really think Breschi or Petro care if you kid's team won the tournament?

Yeah its all about the looks as you said, but sucks when a kid your sons age is getting attention because he is playing 1 or 2 years down. HE SHOULD BE DOING BETTER HE SHOULD ALSO BE PLAYING UP!!!!

Now i also hate the kids plaign my sons grade and are 2 years older. Sure my kid is staying with them but there time should have come and gone, the only way you look good is by playing down pathetic.

and age never goes away, i am disgusted at the 22/23 year old srs or 19/20 freshman.

I agree its not about the wins it is how you look playing and how smart you are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah its all about the looks as you said, but sucks when a kid your sons age is getting attention because he is playing 1 or 2 years down. HE SHOULD BE DOING BETTER HE SHOULD ALSO BE PLAYING UP!!!!

Now i also hate the kids plaign my sons grade and are 2 years older. Sure my kid is staying with them but there time should have come and gone, the only way you look good is by playing down pathetic.

and age never goes away, i am disgusted at the 22/23 year old srs or 19/20 freshman.

I agree its not about the wins it is how you look playing and how smart you are.

Stop complaining about playing down. The boys are in HS and, with very few exceptions, they have hit puberty. Some may grow a few more inches and all will certainly gain many more pounds but they should be able to handle themselves with a handful of kids that are a couple years older. With the exception of the elite catholic schools and dominant public HS, your kid should be playing varsity at this age. If he is not then playing against a few kids a couple years older than him in club lacrosse shouldn't be your primary concern. Also, unless your kid is committed, chill out and enjoy the next couple of years of lacrosse. By the time these kids play their junior year and possibly even sophomore year there will be parity and your sons hard work and effort will pay off. Look at playing against older kids as an opportunity to gain experience so when he goes to a prospect camp and plays against kids his age he can out-perform.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop complaining about playing down. The boys are in HS and, with very few exceptions, they have hit puberty. Some may grow a few more inches and all will certainly gain many more pounds but they should be able to handle themselves with a handful of kids that are a couple years older. With the exception of the elite catholic schools and dominant public HS, your kid should be playing varsity at this age. If he is not then playing against a few kids a couple years older than him in club lacrosse shouldn't be your primary concern. Also, unless your kid is committed, chill out and enjoy the next couple of years of lacrosse. By the time these kids play their junior year and possibly even sophomore year there will be parity and your sons hard work and effort will pay off. Look at playing against older kids as an opportunity to gain experience so when he goes to a prospect camp and plays against kids his age he can out-perform.

Freshmen should be playing varsity?? Unless your public school's program is dogshit, that is the dumbest thing I have read on the internet today (but, the day is still very young, so there is hope for you!).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Freshmen should be playing varsity?? Unless your public school's program is dogshit, that is the dumbest thing I have read on the internet today (but, the day is still very young, so there is hope for you!).

Good catch. That was a test to see if everyone was paying attention. Point being, stop complaining about playing against kids a couple years older.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I get a good chuckle when I hear about the "freshman" at Calvert Hall, BL, McDonough, etc. that are on varsity. They may be in the 9th grade - but they are 16 and 17 years old.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I get a good chuckle when I hear about the "freshman" at Calvert Hall, BL, McDonough, etc. that are on varsity. They may be in the 9th grade - but they are 16 and 17 years old.

No 17 year old freshman. No kids outside of MIAA criteria, which would exclude kids 19 at start of senior year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree its not about the wins it is how you look playing and how smart you are. [/quote]

There are no 19/20 year old freshman. There are no triple or quadruple holdbacks. You are fake news.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 2020 had a personal twitter. How come taken down? Team changing spallina not running it anymore?

Yes, 2020 91 Crush has disbanded

Not surprising as the head coach's kid is probably playing with his grade now.

Team 91 2020 had a personal twitter. How come taken down? Team changing spallina not running it anymore?

Yes, 2020 91 Crush has disbanded

Not surprising as the head coach's kid is probably playing with his grade now.

Is this even true?

Not sure if this is true but many if not all are a big part of their HS programs and that needs to come first now. So it makes sense but for them to cutback a bit, but i dont see them disbanding, they are friends and I can see still doing a select few tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's the chuckle for, two of the three you listed have prefirst in their lower school curriculum, so 16 for late semester freshman would be fairly commonplace. Also, very common for transfers that didn't do prefirst to come in laterally and repeat a middle school grade, so again, commonplace, chuckle. 17 is just bad math on your part, chuckle. No 17 year old freshman at the schools you list, chuckle. If that were the case, would not be eligible for MIAA play Senior year, and nobody is in that boat across the MIAA, chuckle.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having your child repeat 8th grade in order to improve their standing on the lacrosse field is pathetic. Common practice within the MIAA and Baltimore club scene. Birthdates for the majority of the players in the MIAA have been made public at one time or another. Yes - there are 17 year old Freshman in the MIAA. Maryland state records don't lie. Keep living the fantasy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are no 19/20 year old freshman. There are no triple or quadruple holdbacks. You are fake news. [/quote]

maybe not right now, but there will be

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having your child repeat 8th grade in order to improve their standing on the lacrosse field is pathetic. Common practice within the MIAA and Baltimore club scene. Birthdates for the majority of the players in the MIAA have been made public at one time or another. Yes - there are 17 year old Freshman in the MIAA. Maryland state records don't lie. Keep living the fantasy.

where can I see these records?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

where can I see these records?

Currently NO MIAA players that will be ineligible Senior year, means NO 17 year old Freshman. There are no 17 year old Freshman. Can't you just be happy complaining about 16 year olds. Why make stuff up!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Remember how f'd up the tournaments used to be at U15, U13, etc.. with all the A's, B's, C's divisions? Those were the days, so much to complain about when you lost, it was just so easy. Now we have the holdback argument, which is so boring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know of any that turned 17 during the school year but there are many 16 year old freshman. A few good players did pre-first but many of them re-classed in Middle school. Gilman, StPauls and particularly BL do this regularly with students who are transferring in. A few pretty good players at a Howard county club 2020 team transferred into BL and all of the sudden they are 2021 and playing for crabs. St Pauls kid 2019 other club now 2020 at BL and FCA. Happens all over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gilman midfielder born in March of 2000

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gilman has two boys, in the entirety of the lacrosse program and both are rising sophomores, that reclassed. Only one will turn 19 during his senior year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great line/schedule up for crabs tournament. Glad up so early! Big 4 is a week earlier and no schedule to be seen. Excited for this one who will win the crabs tournament with the schedule the way it's laid out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Reclassed" you people are pathetic. You reclassed a kid, which in plain English means you are a cheater! "My son reclassed, so now he's older and faster than the other kids. It's a miracle."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

'01, dumbbell. Or he wouldn't be able to play Senior year, which is not the case.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Reclassed" you people are pathetic. You reclassed a kid, which in plain English means you are a cheater! "My son reclassed, so now he's older and faster than the other kids. It's a miracle."

Or, if it benefits your kid academically and don't do it, you could just be a cheapskate, in plain English.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Getting into college, especially inclusive of playing sports, is all business. There is no fair/unfair, just compliant/non-compliant. Birth years are for candles on the cake and tombstones at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

'01, dumbbell. Or he wouldn't be able to play Senior year, which is not the case.

Nope. Sorry to bust your bubble but it is 2000. It will be his problem once senior year rolls around. Right Billy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Getting into college, especially inclusive of playing sports, is all business. There is no fair/unfair, just compliant/non-compliant. Birth years are for candles on the cake and tombstones at this point.

No it is cheating, you cant hack it or have issues in school - that is what a PG year was for not masquerading a problem be it athletic or academic in MS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No it is cheating, you cant hack it or have issues in school - that is what a PG year was for not masquerading a problem be it athletic or academic in MS.

No, you are calling it cheating, because you want it to be cheating. It is not cheating when done in compliance with all rules and regulations, so it is actually and literally the opposite of cheating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope. Sorry to bust your bubble but it is 2000. It will be his problem once senior year rolls around. Right Billy?

Calling out minors by name anonymously on a public forum, your family would be proud. Let us know if you want to have some pride, or just enjoy being a hiding little butthurt loser. And no, will not be ineligible Senior year, so we'll just let you figure out your own math.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Uh, no. Since when would you struggle through HS academically planning to do a PG year all the way through? I get you may plan to do a PG year later in HS, but to plan that out ahead during MS? wth are you even talking about!? Kids repeat or transfer in laterally to private all of the time for exactly this reason. ALL of the time. You don't have to agree, but your argument is invalid. Perhaps you could have used that extra year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You just described not cheating

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are the embodiment of cheating

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is hilarious. They're on the NLF Under Armor schedule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was "Run With The Best" showcase today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at coaches for ua command tryouts. Let's see how many st. Anthony/ express kids they take. Just a repeat of last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is the big 4 schedule!! Less than two weeks away! Come on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, you are calling it cheating, because you want it to be cheating. It is not cheating when done in compliance with all rules and regulations, so it is actually and literally the opposite of cheating.

The problem is that it is not done in compliance. You cant just hold back because you want to. They way it is done is cheating the system. How does a kid get into a college who got left back the year earlier; how is that compliance?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5/10 we would lose 2 ...9/1 we would lose 15 all the kids are born May-Dec 2001 as this team was originally set up for World Series in 2015. signed Edge

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right, so for the most part your team is one year older than the typical '20 team where most bdates are from 9/01 through 9/02. Not throwing a dart at you, I understand that that is the birthdate cutoff established as legal (for some bizzare reason) for us lacrosse events--5/1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The problem is that it is not done in compliance. You cant just hold back because you want to. They way it is done is cheating the system. How does a kid get into a college who got left back the year earlier; how is that compliance?

You are rambling on in hypothetical nonsense. Holding back, doing pre-first is not cheating; you just don't like the concept. On top of that, you are just a babbling weirdo, and I think you don't even know what you are trying to really say. Even if you did, it's none of your business what some other family does anyway. The real problem is that you squeezed through the system unnoticed, when really you would have been a perfect candidate to hold back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shut up about birth years, shut up about holdbacks, shut about top 10's. Nobody except the idiot parents, which take up about 75% of the sidelines, care about any of this hogwash anymore. Getting your kid out of high school and into college successfully is all that matters right now. Getting grades, getting stronger/better, getting seen, getting good coaching, and staying healthy is all you need to worry about. Scouts don't give a bag of monkey turds about how you ended up in 10th grade, and could care even less whether or not Edge, or Crabs, or LIE, or Looney's, or whoever, win all of their games. Be at the right events, do the right things, and have your crap together at school and home, and good things will happen at the appropriate times. Oh, and try to have some frickin fun along the way, if that is even possible anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shut up about birth years, shut up about holdbacks, shut about top 10's. Nobody except the idiot parents, which take up about 75% of the sidelines, care about any of this hogwash anymore. Getting your kid out of high school and into college successfully is all that matters right now. Getting grades, getting stronger/better, getting seen, getting good coaching, and staying healthy is all you need to worry about. Scouts don't give a bag of monkey turds about how you ended up in 10th grade, and could care even less whether or not Edge, or Crabs, or LIE, or Looney's, or whoever, win all of their games. Be at the right events, do the right things, and have your crap together at school and home, and good things will happen at the appropriate times. Oh, and try to have some frickin fun along the way, if that is even possible anymore.

Bless the person who stated the above. No truer words have been written. I hope we can all move on from the discussion of holdbacks, re-classing, too old/to young, balls dropping, etc. Play hard, get good grades and hopefully everything will take care of itself.

Page 36 of 51 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 50 51

Link Copied to Clipboard