BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,803
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 53 of 214 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Coaches are a big problem at the high school level....posessions are important ...when you have a girl who loses all of the draws...by far not the tallest and vertical leap limited...why do you continue to use the same girl...politics? And btw the same girl at club plays defense??????

put the red cup down and push back from the computer. so many things whacked in your post but, what]s the problem with a defender doing the draw??

get some help..

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Coaches are a big problem at the high school level....posessions are important ...when you have a girl who loses all of the draws...by far not the tallest and vertical leap limited...why do you continue to use the same girl...politics? And btw the same girl at club plays defense??????

I've seen players from all positions--attack, defense and middie--take the draw. A good draw control includes the players on the circle as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear

I've seen players from all positions--attack, defense and middie--take the draw. A good draw control includes the players on the circle as well.

Truth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk A Playoff Seeding

1-Ward Melville 189.280
2-Smithtown East 172.140
3-Middle Country 171.430
4-Smithtown West 155.000
5-Northport 154.290
6-Sachem North 145.190
7-Riverhead 130.190
8-H H Hills 120.210
9-West Islip 116.430
10-Huntington 115.900
11-Sachem East 103.580

outside looking in....
12-Patchogue-Medford 98.760

Coaching is the X factor during the playoffs. The most talented team does not always win. The best coaches will have scouted their opponents and they will prepare accordingly. A well thought out game plan and strategy can make the difference in two evenly matched teams. It can also help to overcome a lack of talent. Sound game planning coupled with smart in-game decisions/adjustments will many times lead to a championship.

Ward Melville - Favorite

Middle Country - Likely Winner

Smithtown East - Has a chance

Northport - ??

Sachem North - Possible

Huntington - Dark Horse

WM – Tough to go undefeated for the season. Loses in second round.
MC - Should win it all, but their coaching might let them down again. This coach has had some of the best talent on LI for the past few years and has not been able to seal the deal.
SE – I think this is the surprise team to watch out for.
NP – Loses in the 1st round.
SN – Can beat MC in the 1st round. If that happens, they will lose in second round.
H – Loses in the 1st round.

Ward Melville - Certainly has the horses and the depth but if history is an indicator they will be out coached.
Middle Country - Has had more in the past and coaches have not been able to get it done when it counts.
Smithtown E - Has come on strong but not sure this is their year.
Northport - Can they get focused?
Sachem N - Play with a chip on their shoulder and are hungry.
Smithtown W - What happened? They returned a lot from a strong team last season.
Riverhead - Program has come a long way but not there just yet.
West Islip - They have won without being the most talented or athletic team in the past. Can they do it again?

And then there were two.

What say you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being from wi, I am neither a fan of mc or np. However, Mc player deserves this before she graduates. Polished talented player who relies on skill to get job done.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know how the LI teams did at school girls this weekend? Couldn't find anything on laxpower

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have a daughter who graduated from college last year and a freshmen in high school now . Have been following this web site and the school girls tournament for some time . Back in the day everyone complained that YJ and CR ran school girls and were biased in their selections etc and that the teams did not win the tournament every year as a result, that said cannot remember a year when a LI team did not make at least the finals .
Fast forward to now .( My freshmen made team 3 about where she belongs ) The politics in the selection process are worse than ever and there were kids on team 1 that anyone who has been around LI lacrosse long enough knows did not belong( side note CR and YJ are no longer involved).Several teams were over represented . Sorry but you have a player who has been considered 1 of the best players in the country in the 2018 age group for some time now who gets cut while a player from a below average team who is not good enough to play midfield on that team ( has 1 goal 0 assists on season ) make team 1 as a midfielder , of course her coach was at the tryouts . The result is the first time in a long time no LI team makes the finals.
Yale was a poor venue for this event .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess your Wantagh girl made the right choice. Good for her, congratulations!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ma/Ri team 1 and 2 won both divisions... pretty sad considering the two team beat the 1 team when they played. What is happening on LI people, why can't we put together good teams anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know how the LI teams did at school girls this weekend? Couldn't find anything on laxpower

LI metro 1 was 3-1
LI metro 2 was 2-2.
LI metro 3 was 1-3.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ma/Ri team 1 and 2 won both divisions... pretty sad considering the two team beat the 1 team when they played. What is happening on LI people, why can't we put together good teams anymore.

It's politics . You had certain high school coaches show up as evaluators to simply put undeserving kids from their districts on teams .WH, SE completely over represented on team 1 and I am sure there were other high schools who had evaluators there that pushed some of their own kids and the end result is the worst showing by Long Island in the history of the tournament . Bring back CR if you want to start winning this thing again .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mass and RI had 2 teams total. one per state. if we - LI - chose just one team?? come on we would demo all these squabs..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mass and RI had 2 teams total. one per state. if we - LI - chose just one team?? come on we would demo all these squabs..

Then team #1 should win...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stat padding of the year award goes to............ RIVERHEAD!! Looked at various games and boy some of the "stars" really light it up against some sub par teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have a daughter who graduated from college last year and a freshmen in high school now . Have been following this web site and the school girls tournament for some time . Back in the day everyone complained that YJ and CR ran school girls and were biased in their selections etc and that the teams did not win the tournament every year as a result, that said cannot remember a year when a LI team did not make at least the finals .
Fast forward to now .( My freshmen made team 3 about where she belongs ) The politics in the selection process are worse than ever and there were kids on team 1 that anyone who has been around LI lacrosse long enough knows did not belong( side note CR and YJ are no longer involved).Several teams were over represented . Sorry but you have a player who has been considered 1 of the best players in the country in the 2018 age group for some time now who gets cut while a player from a below average team who is not good enough to play midfield on that team ( has 1 goal 0 assists on season ) make team 1 as a midfielder , of course her coach was at the tryouts . The result is the first time in a long time no LI team makes the finals.
Yale was a poor venue for this event .

Thanks for the update. Not surprised by any means. Too much politics on LI, too many phone calls by mommy and daddy and too many undeserving, self-serving ball hogging girls being rewarded with placements on theses teams. Again, not surprised at all it is no longer a team sport on LI. Parents and coaches are ruining the sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah--and speaking of stat padding. When you see parents promoting stats over wins there will be a problem. Especially with team chemistry. When mommy starts spouting off about how many goals her daughter has, and your not winning a lot of games, well that's a recipe for your daughter to have no friends on that team. Just saying. Brag about wins, not goals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's politics . You had certain high school coaches show up as evaluators to simply put undeserving kids from their districts on teams .WH, SE completely over represented on team 1 and I am sure there were other high schools who had evaluators there that pushed some of their own kids and the end result is the worst showing by Long Island in the history of the tournament . Bring back CR if you want to start winning this thing again .

You have the ELEVATE DIRECTOR involved in picking teams. What do you think is going to happen? You have a director from a sub-par club picking kids from his club who have barely any college commitments. Think about it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being from wi, I am neither a fan of mc or np. However, Mc player deserves this before she graduates. Polished talented player who relies on skill to get job done.

there is no ''deserves'' in sports. The team who plays better that day wins. That's why they play the games

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah--and speaking of stat padding. When you see parents promoting stats over wins there will be a problem. Especially with team chemistry. When mommy starts spouting off about how many goals her daughter has, and your not winning a lot of games, well that's a recipe for your daughter to have no friends on that team. Just saying. Brag about wins, not goals.

its all about getting your kid recruited and the [lacrosse] with everyone else. I love this game and HATE HATE HATE what it has become. 3rd and 4th daughter still playing so I have been around a while

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR is as crooked as they come with the evaluations however the best talent (although much weaker than in the past) is still playing for the YJ's. So if you over pick YJ's the odds are you are getter better players. By over picking from weaker clubs well you get weaker kids. Anyway the whole sport is a joke its just about getting recruited whether you are in 3rd grade or 11th. If this is your 2nd sport or spring sport just quit now because the girls looking to get recruited are only in it for themselves and ruin it for the girls who just want to play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is incorrect. MA/RI had 4 teams. Team 1, 2 and 3 won their divisions. Team 4 lost to Team 3 in their respective division's final.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also incorrect. Team 1 LI beat Team 2 LI 13-10. If you were referring to MA/RI Team 1 and 2, they did not play each other. Team 1 would win by a good margin however.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR is as crooked as they come with the evaluations however the best talent (although much weaker than in the past) is still playing for the YJ's. So if you over pick YJ's the odds are you are getter better players. By over picking from weaker clubs well you get weaker kids. Anyway the whole sport is a joke its just about getting recruited whether you are in 3rd grade or 11th. If this is your 2nd sport or spring sport just quit now because the girls looking to get recruited are only in it for themselves and ruin it for the girls who just want to play

I have to disagree in that I watched a lot of kids that are committed this past weekend act like complete ball hogs .Team 1 LI you had a GC kid the whole weekend act as if she were the only player on the field , her shooting percentage for the weekend must have been hovering around 20 percent. Then in the finals LI team 1 vs team 2 you have a ball hog kid charging to goal with 20 seconds left with her team up by 3 . Tries to charge thru 4 kids to pad her stats ( no other reason to go to goal at that point) and gets a few teeth knocked out for her troubles. These kids are already committed so the ball hog its all about me style of play is more a character issue .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no need to single out a kid like this. It makes you as big a jerk anyone on the field or associated with the tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those booster club leaders and travel parents who want to box out every non travel lacrosse player because its not their #1 sport, go check out probably the best kid in the country from BC who is a part time player due to playing her #1 sport which is hockey. Just because some kids don't drink the kool aid and travel the east coast every summer weekend doesn't mean they cant play or that they don't love to play.

Here's a message to the HS players, their coaches and parents, PASS THE BALL, nobody cares about your daughters stats except you. It's a team game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No Elevate coaches or directors were involved in the tryouts or coaching teams this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no need to single out a kid like this. It makes you as big a jerk anyone on the field or associated with the tryouts.

Sorry was really just trying to say the ball hog behavior does not seem to be about recruiting and honestly tell me why a kid is going to the goal up by 3 with 20 seconds left in the game. I felt bad for the kid getting hurt but that is more compassion than most of the parents on the sideline felt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

English pls

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any upsets in Suffolk County championship games today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry was really just trying to say the ball hog behavior does not seem to be about recruiting and honestly tell me why a kid is going to the goal up by 3 with 20 seconds left in the game. I felt bad for the kid getting hurt but that is more compassion than most of the parents on the sideline felt.

I'd join in on the bashing but I saw the kid play. She does not play the "ball hog" game. Sucks her teeth got knocked out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you kidding me? MANY of the parents from both teams were concerned for the young lady that got hurt. Most parents/players never like to see a kid get hurt so please stop with the "no one felt compassion" crap, it simply isn't true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd join in on the bashing but I saw the kid play. She does not play the "ball hog" game. Sucks her teeth got knocked out.

How do you explain the last 20 sec in the game? maybe she was trying to create...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Any upsets in Suffolk County championship games today? [/quote

Northport over MC.
BBP over My. Sinai.
Rocky pt over ESM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Any upsets in Suffolk County championship games today? [/quote

Northport over MC.
BBP over My. Sinai.
Rocky pt over ESM

Northport over MC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you explain the last 20 sec in the game? maybe she was trying to create...

That's funny

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shows the regular season and team rankings were right in Nassau. All the #1's are playing the #2's except for the Port upset over Syosset in the finals this week

Look for all the #1's to be victorious with CSH having the best chance as a #2

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MC rolling at half-time.

Like Reply Quote