BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 45 of 220 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How do people think the 2019 team will be this year? I heard they lost a lot of players.

Had many 2020 players moved back to their age appropriate group with the one previously stated exception( which is ridiculous).That being said the team will be about the same ,possibly slightly weaker in that the girls who were moved down were the stronger younger players and had made the black team in front of the girls that were added from last years purple team.The team has a very good core group but take a significant drop off after that, not very deep.The purple team took a step backwards in that their best players were moved up and they had no depth.

What town are most of the girls from either 2019 or 2020

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do people think the 2019 team will be this year? I heard they lost a lot of players.

Had many 2020 players moved back to their age appropriate group with the one previously stated exception( which is ridiculous).That being said the team will be about the same ,possibly slightly weaker in that the girls who were moved down were the stronger younger players and had made the black team in front of the girls that were added from last years purple team.The team has a very good core group but take a significant drop off after that, not very deep.The purple team took a step backwards in that their best players were moved up and they had no depth.

2020 has many from ESM and Riverhead not sure about 2019

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

God help us all on the 2020 team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same exact thing happened the years before where several players played up on black and settled to their own age group as it became available. It will happen again next year. As far as towns the girls are from it is very spread out, girls from all over, no real town takeovers as is the case with some of the older teams and hopefully it stays that way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same exact thing happened the years before where several players played up on black and settled to their own age group as it became available. It will happen again next year. As far as towns the girls are from it is very spread out, girls from all over, no real town takeovers as is the case with some of the older teams and hopefully it stays that way.

What age are you talking about and how many from the same town is a town takeover.That being said TG youngest group 5 th graders should have an advantage somewhat each year in that you have the strongest 4 th graders playing up with the stronger 5th graders .

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What age are you talking about and how many from the same town is a town takeover.That being said TG youngest group 5 th graders should have an advantage somewhat each year in that you have the strongest 4 th graders playing up with the stronger 5th graders .

You are right, if you have several of the 4th graders playing up it makes that 5th grade team stronger, each year the appropiate aged girls move on and the next year they fill the void. It is hard to say if the team is stronger or weaker because girls at that age are developing at such drastically different rates. You see lackluster players return a year later on fire and superstars return and wonder what happened. Half of it is the competition is getting much stronger each year too. As far as what constitutes a town takeover, I think that at least one of the teams is about half the roster from one town. I guess it may be good to take advantage of the team chemistry someone else has taken the time to develope, but it can't be a great situation for the rest of girls on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are also new to purple, these parents were open armed and inviting! One family brought atent and bagels with the works &OJ tournament!the team looks awesome! Only complaint- I saw the uniforms from last year. Hope they do some homework and get the organization some kind of quality shirt/shorts. $1300 a year should really include a under armor type of uniform w name that doesn't peel off.

I agree 100%. Our purple team looks very solid, and everyone's been very friendly and welcoming - great girls and parents. The uniform is one of the lamest, cheesiest ones I've seen. Would be nice to see them keep up with the other programs in that regard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are also new to purple, these parents were open armed and inviting! One family brought atent and bagels with the works &OJ tournament!the team looks awesome! Only complaint- I saw the uniforms from last year. Hope they do some homework and get the organization some kind of quality shirt/shorts. $1300 a year should really include a under armor type of uniform w name that doesn't peel off.

I agree 100%. Our purple team looks very solid, and everyone's been very friendly and welcoming - great girls and parents. The uniform is one of the lamest, cheesiest ones I've seen. Would be nice to see them keep up with the other programs in that regard.

Let me clarify - it would be nice, but it's a MINOR detail!! We're very happy so far!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

seriously, what is that syupposed to mean?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

seriously, what is that syupposed to mean?

Not the original god help us poster but is funny that 2 programs that have had so much animosity between them will now be on the same team. The coaches from both these groups do not have the best reputations for how they coach and behave on the sidelines.Will be funny to watch the power struggle but one group definately has the upper hand ( major suck up to those in charge)

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 has many from ESM and Riverhead not sure about 2019 [/quote]

God help us all on the 2020 team [/quote]
seriously, what is that syupposed to mean? [/quote]

Not the original god help us poster but is funny that 2 programs that have had so much animosity between them will now be on the same team. The coaches from both these groups do not have the best reputations for how they coach and behave on the sidelines.Will be funny to watch the power struggle but one group definately has the upper hand ( major suck up to those in charge) [/quote]
the girls play, not the parents/coaches. these girls are all friendly with each other, despite what is being said out there. Sure they have some tough games, but they aren't carrying the on field issues home with them. Once the whistle blows to end the game the kids are fairly oblivious. Parents and coaches, well that's sometimes another issue, but joining as one might pull everyone together...MIGHT...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
strogest 4th graders from where? many of the stronger girls you are talking about arent as strong as you think. have seen them be handled quite easily. please dont get me wrong, they are very talented, but you are missing a whole slew of talented girls that just have not gotten the recognition. maybe it is all about sucking up. oh well i will let daughters talent speak for itself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
strogest 4th graders from where? many of the stronger girls you are talking about arent as strong as you think. have seen them be handled quite easily. please dont get me wrong, they are very talented, but you are missing a whole slew of talented girls that just have not gotten the recognition. maybe it is all about sucking up. oh well i will let daughters talent speak for itself.

What are you babbling about ,have seen what 4th graders handled,thank goodness your daughters talent speaks for itself considering you can't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not sure how or why there is so much to say about the 2020 team, when these girls have not even played together yet. The comment about "god help us all" is just stupid! What differnece does it make where the girls on the team come from. If your daughter is a strong lax player her talent WILL speak for itself so stop worryiing. I would have to say the 2020 girls who played last year must have been somewhat good if they made 2019 black and not purple. As stated before on this site you can't really compare the 2019 girls to the 2020 girls since they are a year older. There are strong girls on all the teams and some who might not be quite as strong from the start but will improve as the season goes on. How about we (the adults)let the girls just play and have fun and see how the season plays out. The girls don't ususally care where the other girls live/play, only the parents!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fourth grade? Most can't even catch. It's in your head if you think they're good. Frustrating for
My kid because she can catch. Look again. Most can't even catch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4th graders playing up on a 5th grade team in 90 percent of the cases do not make a team better. One can argue that they make the team weaker unless they are better than the top 11 kids. They take away meaningful playing time and just water down the team as a whole. Cut the roster back to 18-20 kids and the team would be much stronger. There are exceptions to this rule but they are rare.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4th graders playing up on a 5th grade team in 90 percent of the cases do not make a team better. One can argue that they make the team weaker unless they are better than the top 11 kids. They take away meaningful playing time and just water down the team as a whole. Cut the roster back to 18-20 kids and the team would be much stronger. There are exceptions to this rule but they are rare.

Actually if they are better than the bottom 10 players it makes your team better. Agreed making roster size 18-20 would make each team stronger but that will not happen ,it's a business.I guarantee if you took all the2020 kids off the 2019 team that 2019 team is considerably weaker.Anyone familiar with that team realizes that.Anyone with older kids and who have gone thru this travel stuff before also realizes how silly this conversation is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Cut the roster back to 18-20 kids and the team would be much stronger."

And less profitable. Let's be realistic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree completely with the comment that an 18-20 player roster would be MUCH STRONGER and less profitable. Charge those 18 families $500 more (they would all pay to be on a stronger team with more playing time) and you have a powerhouse Black team and there is no lost revenue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are you people going to get past a powerhouse team idea at these young ages. These girls are still maturating physically and
mentally. I am willing to bet by their Sophomore year in High School more than 50% are no longer playing. Of those still playing some want to, others it is because their PARENTS want them to. It is a shame to watch this great game being destroyed at both the female and male youth level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are you people going to get past a powerhouse team idea at these young ages. These girls are still maturating physically and
mentally. I am willing to bet by their Sophomore year in High School more than 50% are no longer playing. Of those still playing some want to, others it is because their PARENTS want them to. It is a shame to watch this great game being destroyed at both the female and male youth level.

Stop being so dramatic the sport is not being ruined, you see these over involved parents in every sport.I would be willing to take your bet , a lot of these kids on the elite teams tend to stick with it .I do agree that the discussion of these super elite teams at these young ages is silly and in my opinion usually generated by parents who have not gone thru it before.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
handled= in sports termonoligy is shut down. last time i checked lax was a sport. why so mad? thought what was said was truthful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You all sound so funny, elite 2019,2020 teams, you soud like Yellow Jacket parents. They are just babies, relax and enjoy. There is plenty of time for this nonsense later when thay really develope. Look at the Y.J. 2015 team last year best team in th country, 300 straight wins, 2 time U 15 champs. Speed up to this year, 1 for4 against S.W. , 0 for 2 against M&D, ousted in the quarters down in FLA. Only tournament win at Best of the Beach against no competitive teams. What a difference a year makes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This summer's 2019 teams had 2020 girls playing. The 2019 will move up (if pass tryouts) and the 2020 will become the newer team (after tryouts)

Don't bet on it, A select few will get to choose what team they play on.

That's NOT right if that's what happens! ALL the 2020 girls should stay down to play with their own age regardless of who they know or how they are connected - and we all know a few of them are "connected".

Top Guns, Will put their players in their correct age group. They will NOT push a players up or down to build up a team. That is fact.

How did that statement work out for you, keep drinking the cool aide ,select kids get to choose which age group ,too funny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This summer's 2019 teams had 2020 girls playing. The 2019 will move up (if pass tryouts) and the 2020 will become the newer team (after tryouts)

That's NOT right if that's what happens! ALL the 2020 girls should stay down to play with their own age regardless of who they know or how they are connected - and we all know a few of them are "connected".

Top Guns, Will put their players in their correct age group. They will NOT push a players up or down to build up a team. That is fact.

How did that statement work out for you, keep drinking the cool aide ,select kids get to choose which age group ,too funny.

why would a kid play up when there is a team in there own age group ? I understand the 2019 kids on the 2020 last year because there wasn't a team for them to play on last year as 2020's . Staying "up" will only cause problems down the road ....
Coaches go to these tournaments to recruit. what they like about it is they can go watch a 2014 game and see 48 players in an hour all from the graduating class for a spot they are looking to fill......
What do you think will happen when the girl that plays up and gets to her last year with that group and then turns around and trys out for the age group that she was supposed to be in..... we can agree that this kid is an excelent player so when she plays down in the last year for recruiting she will now take a spot from a girl on the black team that she has played for for years and bump that girl down to purple...... I know that this has happened in other programs and there were lots of problems for the girl that did it. players from her team wouldnt talk to her and it caused a lot of drama for everyone involved .
I dont think this is a practice that will be good for TG as an organization

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Be

why would a kid play up when there is a team in there own age group ? I understand the 2019 kids on the 2020 last year because there wasn't a team for them to play on last year as 2020's . Staying "up" will only cause problems down the road ....
Coaches go to these tournaments to recruit. what they like about it is they can go watch a 2014 game and see 48 players in an hour all from the graduating class for a spot they are looking to fill......
What do you think will happen when the girl that plays up and gets to her last year with that group and then turns around and trys out for the age group that she was supposed to be in..... we can agree that this kid is an excelent player so when she plays down in the last year for recruiting she will now take a spot from a girl on the black team that she has played for for years and bump that girl down to purple...... I know that this has happened in other programs and there were lots of problems for the girl that did it. players from her team wouldnt talk to her and it caused a lot of drama for everyone involved .

I guess we will all see what happens in seven years. Who cares, if its not your daughter it is not your worry. I am familiar with this situation and If I were the parent of this player I would be pushing for the same exact thing. Truth is it is a very special situation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have seen it done before ,usually either connected parent who thinks their child is too good to play at own age group or the older team coaches realize they will not be nearly as good without the kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are referring to the situation that I think you are referring to, it is a very unique situation where it is in the best interest of the player to "play up". The player will move down in a few years- well before recruiting age. Lets congratulate Top Guns for doing the right thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh please- if she can move down later than she can move down now. Let's be real about what's going on!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is she playing age appropriate now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh please- if she can move down later than she can move down now. Let's be real about what's going on!!

Here's the reality of this, while I agree if this was a connection or a parent with "my own kid is better" googles on, all these argument would fly. This is a case where the player stnds out as the best player on the field while playing up several years. Two years ago she was clearly and by far the best player while playing up two years, and TG moved her down an age group last year. To do it again is seriously messing with her development. The only people who might have any problem with this would have to be parents of teammates on the team she would be staying on, maybe not to have their own kid outshined? I don't get why any of you should care unless its sour grapes. I think she should be playing up 3 or 4 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give me a break the kid is not even that good, lost to a 2020 TG team while playing for another TG team.Best kid while playing up two years , is that a joke .Either your 2018 team is horrible or you are mental. Yes a good player but physically small .Very bad decision to make this kid the one exception , tells me if she is that much better than the rest of our TGs we are in trouble.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here's the reality of this, while I agree if this was a connection or a parent with "my own kid is better" googles on, all these argument would fly. This is a case where the player stnds out as the best player on the field while playing up several years. Two years ago she was clearly and by far the best player while playing up two years, and TG moved her down an age group last year. To do it again is seriously messing with her development. The only people who might have any problem with this would have to be parents of teammates on the team she would be staying on, maybe not to have their own kid outshined? I don't get why any of you should care unless its sour grapes. I think she should be playing up 3 or 4 years.

Sounds like a prodigy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems to me that clubs have this "rule" that you play with your school age for a reason! It would also seem that if you make the exception for one then why not for all, regardless of who you are, who your parents are or how good you are! Doesn't look good for the club when you let one girl play the birthdate/ school year card whenever it benefits her most! If she plays with 2019 now then she should end with them as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As already stated the parents have no connections. This is a nice young girl who has been coached by SS for 2 yrs. We are so fortunate to have a lax parent more qualified than SS to evaluate a players ability and where they should play. Why dont you call the club director directly and further make a fool of yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give me a break the kid is not even that good, lost to a 2020 TG team while playing for another TG team.Best kid while playing up two years , is that a joke .Either your 2018 team is horrible or you are mental. Yes a good player but physically small .Very bad decision to make this kid the one exception , tells me if she is that much better than the rest of our TGs we are in trouble.

2018 is likely the strongest young age group in TG's. Joke? No, she has ridiculous stick and shooting skills, aggresive,gound balling, smart, defensive clearing etc...... if TG is in trouble, then so is the rest of elite travel lacrosse because there is no one close at this point. The only real question is will she stay years ahead of the age group or settle back in? You sound like a threatened or sour graped, whatever, hey my daughter is years ahead on town level and very competitive on elite travel level, but I can admit this kid is years beyond on the elite level. If you can't see the talent in this kid you should seriously find a different sport for your daughter to play.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
As already stated the parents have no connections. This is a nice young girl who has been coached by SS for 2 yrs. We are so fortunate to have a lax parent more qualified than SS to evaluate a players ability and where they should play. Why dont you call the club director directly and further make a fool of yourself.
At this point, BOTC is going to end this line of discussion about this young player as it has taken a negative tone in some posts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have a lax parent more qualified than SS to make decisions about her club, you may want to let her and her dad know this.Why don't you give Shannon a call and let her know your feelings to make a further fool of yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems to me that clubs have this "rule" that you play with your school age for a reason! It would also seem that if you make the exception for one then why not for all, regardless of who you are, who your parents are or how good you are! Doesn't look good for the club when you let one girl play the birthdate/ school year card whenever it benefits her most! If she plays with 2019 now then she should end with them as well.

Won't be able to play with her team at recruiting and showcase events in a few years. Eventually you have to move back to grad year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, how bout them uniforms? LOL

Like Reply Quote
Page 45 of 220 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 219 220
Quick Reply