BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,863
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 46 of 214 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That why the game blows. Your best athletes dont touch the ball and when they do, its a hot potatoe.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That why the game blows. Your best athletes dont touch the ball and when they do, its a hot potatoe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have never seen or heard of the most talented ,athletic or fast girls deciding they want to be goalie.My daughter will never sit the bench.Worse comes to worse she will become a defender.BALL.
Seeing as your the top [lacrosse] hat on this site, lets hit you with some facts. 2015 call in college today (sops) only three left in the top tier from L.I...... Middle from Mt. Saint on Fla. Attacker from 'set also on Fla. Goalie from SWR on N.D. who chose to be a goalie.... All the rest...... just like your daughter....... on the bench hoping for time. Oh and by the way.... the best 2016 from L.I.is a defender also at Fla., the highly touted attacker from USC is a bust and will be on the bench as a role player by Jr. year, just like your kid will be a s a frosh. goal scorers are a dime a dozen. I can get a 6 year old to score a goal in lacrosse, to stop a goal takes talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The anchor of WMD is a YJ! WM has girls from 3 different travel clubs! the difference is they are playing as a team! They don't care who scores or what position they are in as long as they WIN!!! So stop the BS!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best player on mid, try to get a mobile quick goalie, put the small kid in there coach! Defense should be an aggressive girl who is okay with penalties, because she's going to get a few, attack, well as long as they can catch and pass that works

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have never seen or heard of the most talented ,athletic or fast girls deciding they want to be goalie.My daughter will never sit the bench.Worse comes to worse she will become a defender.BALL.
Seeing as your the top [lacrosse] hat on this site, lets hit you with some facts. 2015 call in college today (sops) only three left in the top tier from L.I...... Middle from Mt. Saint on Fla. Attacker from 'set also on Fla. Goalie from SWR on N.D. who chose to be a goalie.... All the rest...... just like your daughter....... on the bench hoping for time. Oh and by the way.... the best 2016 from L.I.is a defender also at Fla., the highly touted attacker from USC is a bust and will be on the bench as a role player by Jr. year, just like your kid will be a s a frosh. goal scorers are a dime a dozen. I can get a 6 year old to score a goal in lacrosse, to stop a goal takes talent.

The best 2016 from LI is still playing on LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only a [lacrosse] or a coach who has no understanding of the game or of athletics in general would put a week athlete on D. The only place to hide a week athlete on a lacrosse field is attack. The only parents who think it all about offense and scoring goals are the non athlete type who know nothing of competitive sports. A coach who puts week athletes on D will not win many championships. The parents who do not value defense worry more about how many goals their kid scores than they do about how the TEAM does.

Its weak not week...carry on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe your daughter can yell assssss hattttttttt instead of balllllll. Listen its been fun debating you. Go watch the unwatchable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a tough position trying to cover the best athletes on the field. Is it true the worst field players and the players that can not run become goalies.

The best Athletes on the field 80% of the time are your midfielders. The black hole who can score a million goals couldn't run up and down the field 3x in a row before she would ask to be subbed out. That's why she only has to run 5-10 yds at a time in her little space before the midfielders again have to run 60 yds the other way when she misses. Also if your team doesn't get the ball, your princess would not be scoring. The draw and girls on the circle are the team MVP's, Then the defense. It's pretty easy to put that little ball in that big net.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only a [lacrosse] or a coach who has no understanding of the game or of athletics in general would put a week athlete on D. The only place to hide a week athlete on a lacrosse field is attack. The only parents who think it all about offense and scoring goals are the non athlete type who know nothing of competitive sports. A coach who puts week athletes on D will not win many championships. The parents who do not value defense worry more about how many goals their kid scores than they do about how the TEAM does.

It is "it's" not its...carry on

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just got off of Newsday's website. Checking out the leaderboards. So proud of my daughter! Wait... where's your daughter? Oops sorry not listed she's defense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just got off of Newsday's website. Checking out the leaderboards. So proud of my daughter! Wait... where's your daughter? Oops sorry not listed she's defense.

And your point is? That defense doesn't get the recognition they deserve? I'm sure that's it. The only reason your daughter is on the leaderboard is because my daughter caused the turnover and got her the ball. Give it a rest. It's a team sport. Everyone has a role to play and no one's role is more important than another.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Proud of my daughters team, playoff bound, wait, your seasons over, sorry stat leader on a crappy team! Enjoy the Newsday article it's all she will ever have to remember lacrosse. Certainly none of her teammates can stand such a self centered little brat, scoring over winning, ahhhh, daddy's princess!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Proud of my daughters team, playoff bound, wait, your seasons over, sorry stat leader on a crappy team! Enjoy the Newsday article it's all she will ever have to remember lacrosse. Certainly none of her teammates can stand such a self centered little brat, scoring over winning, ahhhh, daddy's princess!

Wow - You idiots do NOT represent the majority of adults who do not feel the need to argue who is better than who. You need people to put the ball in the back of the net and you need people to keep the ball OUT of the net. SHUT UP and stop making our lacrosse community look like a bunch of assholes that you two are acting like!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would hasten to bet that NO ONE outside the lacrosse community goes on BOTC, but I may be wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations and good luck to all the teams that made playoffs! I hope everyone stays healthy and enjoys the last month of lacrosse!sS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You learn at an early age if you are athletic,talented and can run the field. For the weaker ones,they become defenders.where else do you hide them.And for the real weak.Goalie.

Haha! Some truth to that. Think back to Pal when you had to force kids to play goalie. My daughter would throw a tantrum when banished to defense! But, it does take a village, to make a great lax team!

"Banished to Defense". No wonder your daughter had a "tantrum". Nice parenting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You learn at an early age if you are athletic,talented and can run the field. For the weaker ones,they become defenders.where else do you hide them.And for the real weak.Goalie.

Haha! Some truth to that. Think back to Pal when you had to force kids to play goalie. My daughter would throw a tantrum when banished to defense! But, it does take a village, to make a great lax team!

When my daughter gets put on defense on her travel team (8th grade), which is a very competitive A team, she knows she's not playing well and is being "punished".

Wow, I would love it if my daughter's very competitive A team played your daughter's team. Punishing the underperforming players by trying to hide them on defense sounds like a good opportunity for our slow attackers to get some ball placement practice in. And our middies would have a good time working on their trapping during their rides since your underperformers are not motivated enough to do an organized clear and will probably try to run the ball up to prove that they can go back to their attack positions. That sounds like a perfect tune up prior to the summer tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations and good luck to all the teams that made playoffs! I hope everyone stays healthy and enjoys the last month of lacrosse!sS

You do know that this is BOTC?...kind, complimentary, uplifting comments on this sight are generally frowned upon..
But thanks for keeping it real...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk A Playoff Seeding

1-Ward Melville 189.280
2-Smithtown East 172.140
3-Middle Country 171.430
4-Smithtown West 155.000
5-Northport 154.290
6-Sachem North 145.190
7-Riverhead 130.190
8-H H Hills 120.210
9-West Islip 116.430
10-Huntington 115.900
11-Sachem East 103.580

outside looking in....
12-Patchogue-Medford 98.760

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best way to tune up is to have your daughter run around the house and you blow a whistle every 10 seconds. Thats how you prepare for your summer tournaments. Remember its a game with no flow, the attack is to slow, and the defenses stick skills blow. Have a great season yelling at the refs and talking about your coaches behind their backs.I would rather stick a hot poker in my eye then do this another season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The anchor of WMD is a YJ! WM has girls from 3 different travel clubs! the difference is they are playing as a team! They don't care who scores or what position they are in as long as they WIN!!! So stop the BS!

Don't even respond to this, no one cares who is YJ or who is TG on WM. Stop already. I hope you are not from WM especially there is no anchor, it is team defense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody know the Nassau seeding?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody know the Nassau seeding?

try looking on the sec 8 web site.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau A Wed, B Wed, C Thur, D Thur
no seedings up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You do know that this is BOTC?...kind, complimentary, uplifting comments on this sight are generally frowned upon..

As an example, it's "site" you dumb [lacrosse]!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk A Playoff Seeding

1-Ward Melville 189.280
2-Smithtown East 172.140
3-Middle Country 171.430
4-Smithtown West 155.000
5-Northport 154.290
6-Sachem North 145.190
7-Riverhead 130.190
8-H H Hills 120.210
9-West Islip 116.430
10-Huntington 115.900
11-Sachem East 103.580

outside looking in....
12-Patchogue-Medford 98.760

Coaching is the X factor during the playoffs. The most talented team does not always win. The best coaches will have scouted their opponents and they will prepare accordingly. A well thought out game plan and strategy can make the difference in two evenly matched teams. It can also help to overcome a lack of talent. Sound game planning coupled with smart in-game decisions/adjustments will many times lead to a championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lynbrook girls lax no respect, best player on the island

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
C playoffs from Brent Musburger in Vegas

Only slight upset is Lynbrook over SS otherwise all the higher seeds win the early rounds. With the new divisions, CSH finally has to play some teams to get another championship. Look for them to upset Wantagh in the finals.

Round 1
PE over Division by +5
Lynbrook over Hewlett by +8
Seaford over FP +3
LV over Bethpage +5

In A Massapequa is best but has been up and down
In B GC has an easy run over LB and a down year in Manhasset

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lynbrooks next BIG win will be their first

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As an example, it's "site" you dumb [lacrosse]!

Yep..you are right..apologies for the spelling error. I had left my eyeglasses on the end table in your bedroom yest so I had trouble seeing key-board.
But tell your wife I will swing by later to pick them up. Thanks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

laughed out loud

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very subjective opinion, could argue she is not even the best player in her conference

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very subjective opinion, could argue she is not even the best player in her conference

Great player and great kid...lets leave it at that...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does Lynbrook get no respect? Looks to me like they got the #5 seed and lost to the #4 seed who are in the same conference. As for the player she is good but not close to the best. Just because you have points, it doesn't make you the best. People could then argue she is the biggest ball hog on the island?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If she helps her team beat Southside in the playoffs after losing in the regular season that will say something. Me first doesn't win in the playoffs that's why GC, Manhasset, CSH, Wantagh don't have anyone in the top 10.

These are the stat leaders schools Lynbrook, Carey, Wheatley, Division, Hewlett, Southside, Floral Park, Clarke Plainedge all schools that might have the occasional exceptional athlete but if the object is to win championships and you need a total team to do that which non of these schools ever have

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If she helps her team beat Southside in the playoffs after losing in the regular season that will say something. Me first doesn't win in the playoffs that's why GC, Manhasset, CSH, Wantagh don't have anyone in the top 10.

These are the stat leaders schools Lynbrook, Carey, Wheatley, Division, Hewlett, Southside, Floral Park, Clarke Plainedge all schools that might have the occasional exceptional athlete but if the object is to win championships and you need a total team to do that which non of these schools ever have

The reason those teams don't have anyone in the top ten is because they play each other and other real lacrosse teams, but they all have players who are just as good if not better. To be the best you have to make players around you better, stats never tell the whole story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have no chance to beat south side and south side is not really that good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D team played some of those stat leader teams, easy enough to shut down the stat hog, game is over. A well run defensive mindset team can easily disrupt the ball hog. Isn't rocket science.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The highest scoring kid on d team cradled illegally in sphere, went in drew the foul, more than 3/4 of her goals were free positions from illegal cradling refs never called. Points/goals NEVER tell the best player on a team.

Like Reply Quote
Page 46 of 214 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard