BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Annapolis Hawks
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,881
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 44 of 220 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I believe this coach/parent has acted this way at many events, and you are right, they should not be permitted to coach youth lacrosse, they are out of control and winning is everything to them!

Maybe some of the parents on here constantly berating this volunteer coach should put in the time and effort organizing and coaching a team at one of these tournaments. Just a thought...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many spots are available on 2015 black? purple? Last year tryouts were horrible and a total waste of time. Will it be the same this year or will kids actually get a chance to play?
Shouldn't every spot be available? Doesn't every girl have to really try out or are spots guaranteed to past players? If only certain spots are up will there be a posting as to what positions are in play ? My daughter is a goalie will she be given a fair chance or are they just taking peoples money?

I wish they didn't take yours. Your nuts. But you know that cause you have bounced from club to club haven't you. Leave your kid alone and let her play without you screaming at her. You were doing it during the tryouts. How embarrassing for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blue Bird through my window says No info on winter league sent to any teams yet as rosters not set..some holdouts?

What are you talking about? The teams are playing at Inline 1, in Mt Sinai, and the emails have gone out, and replies were already due. Nice try to stir the pot. Find something more productive to do with your time. The Blue Bird is once again misinformed. Maybe you should stop believing what birds tell you? Better yet, maybe you need to see a shrink, if you think animals are talking to you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blue Bird through my window says No info on winter league sent to any teams yet as rosters not set..some holdouts?

What are you talking about? The teams are playing at Inline 1, in Mt Sinai, and the emails have gone out, and replies were already due. Nice try to stir the pot. Find something more productive to do with your time. The Blue Bird is once again misinformed. Maybe you should stop believing what birds tell you? Better yet, maybe you need to see a shrink, if you think animals are talking to you!

Winter League for older kids is at Coastal Sports in Hauppauge...payment due by 11/1...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank You - I have received it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. If parents are not happy with the volunteer coaches, then get off your duffs and coach yourselves! maybe you don't want to give up your precious time...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ahhh back to playing town teams at inline Top Guns beat everyone at inline. Thats real helpful beating up on town teams .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ahhh back to playing town teams at inline Top Guns beat everyone at inline. Thats real helpful beating up on town teams .

You're a dope, and you don't know what you're talking about. That's not true. Each age group and team has different results. Go back to YJ thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where is the "travel team only" winter league? There isn't one. Most town teams are comprised of girls who also play travel so could you make an attempt to clarify your statement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude,
1-this will be, for most teams the first time they get to play together after the tryouts and realignments.
2-they play 7 v 7 here, with no draw after goals and fast break lacrosse for 40 minutes.. it's pretty far removed from lacrosse on a full field.
3-there were YJ and SC allstar teams on the schedule last year
4-it's a nice clean facility with safe turf
5- So I don't think it really matters who you play, as long as your playing

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is new 2017 black. She does not want to play this weekend in tourny as they will be in older division again, last time it was brutal. How does this help the girls? They don't gain confidence.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Use these games to practice weaknesses. Kids should be working on settled offense. Lefty throwing and catching. Quality defense (NOT checking, shooting and scoring)...

Will make kidds better come spring time!

Make sure your coach is on same page. Beating up on a team (town or club) does nothing for either winner or loser!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is new 2017 black. She does not want to play this weekend in tourny as they will be in older division again, last time it was brutal. How does this help the girls? They don't gain confidence.

This is a simple one - don't make her play. It's optional. Any questions should be directed to Top Guns. They're very reachable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This must be a joke post any kid good enough to make TG black and is in 8 th grade should be able to handle playing up and as previously stated top level travel teams should play up in age at least 1 year when town teams are involved

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can I get the schedule for the wkeekend 7 on 7 ,is it posted anywhere

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This must be a joke post any kid good enough to make TG black and is in 8 th grade should be able to handle playing up and as previously stated top level travel teams should play up in age at least 1 year when town teams are involved

Not a joke and not playing will not help the new kid on the block. Based on what I saw these girls are not anywhere near ready to play up, I think it would be better to allow them to build confidence first and to get to know each other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a joke and not playing will not help the new kid on the block. Based on what I saw these girls are not anywhere near ready to play up, I think it would be better to allow them to build confidence first and to get to know each other.

Last summer, this team struggled against top competition probably more than any other TG team. I'd think seeking out the toughest competition possible in the off-season isn't a bad idea.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I disagree,let them play up.. its a 7 v 7 tournament, with limited number of draws, it will be a fast paced fast break game. each team will score a bunch of goals. I do feel bad for the goalies as they will probably face 35 shots a game... the other team is going to score... wins and losses don't really matter regardless of if you are on black purple blue or gold. lets hope the weather holds, no one gets injured and we all have fun

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I disagree,let them play up.. its a 7 v 7 tournament, with limited number of draws, it will be a fast paced fast break game. each team will score a bunch of goals. I do feel bad for the goalies as they will probably face 35 shots a game... the other team is going to score... wins and losses don't really matter regardless of if you are on black purple blue or gold. lets hope the weather holds, no one gets injured and we all have fun

I disagree, without chemistry you have nothing. Coach did not mix team well last year and didn't look any better at the last tournament. Can't just have the same town girls playing together all the time. If that's the case then dont roster anyone else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last summer, this team struggled against top competition probably more than any other TG team. I'd think seeking out the toughest competition possible in the off-season isn't a bad idea.

You are right, they did struggle. My daughter was on the fence about playing, the potential is there but then so is the clique, some of them downright rude. This year will be a deal breaker for her, hoping the new talent forms a bond.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are right, they did struggle. My daughter was on the fence about playing, the potential is there but then so is the clique, some of them downright rude. This year will be a deal breaker for her, hoping the new talent forms a bond.

Hope it works out for you but from what I have seen TG is all about being in the right group , if it does not work out for you there are plenty of other clubs out there who would love to have your daughter.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Hope it works out for you but from what I have seen TG is all about being in the right group , if it does not work out for you there are plenty of other clubs out there who would love to have your daughter.

That goes for all clubs, not just TG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

I disagree ,some other clubs offer tournaments to the entire club and you get put on a team sometimes mixed teams sometimes not.Say what you want but to play in some of these fall tournaments with TG you need to kiss up to those who are putting a team in.Yes we could all try to put in our own teams or call BS .I am sure BS does not want a phone call from every new kid who does not have the connections to get on a team but wants to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Disagree new tg parent here have had nothing but great responses from BS daughter sent email about wanting to play in both Hofstra tournaments and was put with mixed teams great job by club no butt kissing needed just an email

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

I disagree ,some other clubs offer tournaments to the entire club and you get put on a team sometimes mixed teams sometimes not.Say what you want but to play in some of these fall tournaments with TG you need to kiss up to those who are putting a team in.Yes we could all try to put in our own teams or call BS .I am sure BS does not want a phone call from every new kid who does not have the connections to get on a team but wants to play.

OMG, are we still dwelling on this? First of all, I've seen the same complaint on the YJ thread, so yeah, it does happen in other clubs. Anytime you get three people together you will find politics and alignments. Secondly, if enough people call BS then perhaps word will trickle down to the coaches to switch it up. And if there is only one call then I guess it wasn't really a club issue.

I just have to say that IMNSHO all this sturm and drang is going to come back to haunt you and could cause you to be the outsider you feel you already are. It's called a self-fulfilling prophecy. Let it go, already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OMG, are we still dwelling on this? First of all, I've seen the same complaint on the YJ thread, so yeah, it does happen in other clubs. Anytime you get three people together you will find politics and alignments. Secondly, if enough people call BS then perhaps word will trickle down to the coaches to switch it up. And if there is only one call then I guess it wasn't really a club issue.

I just have to say that IMNSHO all this sturm and drang is going to come back to haunt you and could cause you to be the outsider you feel you already are. It's called a self-fulfilling prophecy. Let it go, already.

Actually YJ invites all who want to play in fall. Teams may be mixed but if you register on time you get to play

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Actually YJ invites all who want to play in fall. Teams may be mixed but if you register on time you get to play

That may be, but I know I've read (and I am not going to troll through all the pages for verification) that there were some sour grapes about some off-season team that was put together from a YJ team and who was invited and who wasn't, yada yada yada.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That may be, but I know I've read (and I am not going to troll through all the pages for verification) that there were some sour grapes about some off-season team that was put together from a YJ team and who was invited and who wasn't, yada yada yada.

Does TG offer fall tournaments for all who want to participate? I didn't think so.

Like Reply Quote
User
User

Are you a 2015 Black parent?

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Actually we are gong to one next weekend, offered to all. whistle

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Steppin'Out
[
Are you a 2015 Black parent?

Who wants to know? Inbox me, if you wish.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does TG offer fall tournaments for all who want to participate? I didn't think so.

We are new to TG, playing on a purple team, and next weekend will be our 4th fall tournament! No connections, no butt-kissing, just a simple email to the program in the beginning. We have found them completely accessible, and we're loving the TG experience so far!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and "if" you don't you're out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are new to TG, playing on a purple team, and next weekend will be our 4th fall tournament! No connections, no butt-kissing, just a simple email to the program in the beginning. We have found them completely accessible, and we're loving the TG experience so far!!

sure!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is clearly posted on the YJ site that fall ball may have mixed teams but there is no outside the club walk ons allowed. With so many girls involved with soccer and basketball in the fall you need to do this. TG is a fairly new program and I can see from the tryouts that they are improved from last year. They are for the first time showing up as a team in some of these fall tournaments and thats because some people have stepped up to help coach. Bottom line is the girls are putting sticks in their hands and getting out on the field, parrents are putting in the time to get them there and the games seem to be competetive.
Hats off to a program that has a community spirit to it and is improved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are also new to purple, these parents were open armed and inviting! One family brought atent and bagels with the works &OJ tournament!the team looks awesome! Only complaint- I saw the uniforms from last year. Hope they do some homework and get the organization some kind of quality shirt/shorts. $1300 a year should really include a under armor type of uniform w name that doesn't peel off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and "if" you don't you're out

Not our experience

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do people think the 2019 team will be this year? I heard they lost a lot of players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the girls they lost were the 2020 girls who stayed back to play with their correct age (except one of course). They are a VERY strong team without those girls and I'm sure they will be great again!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do people think the 2019 team will be this year? I heard they lost a lot of players.

Had many 2020 players moved back to their age appropriate group with the one previously stated exception( which is ridiculous).That being said the team will be about the same ,possibly slightly weaker in that the girls who were moved down were the stronger younger players and had made the black team in front of the girls that were added from last years purple team.The team has a very good core group but take a significant drop off after that, not very deep.The purple team took a step backwards in that their best players were moved up and they had no depth.

Like Reply Quote
Page 44 of 220 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard