BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 214 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So are you saying TRUMP picked the Top 100?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think several teams are rebuilding

High Schools don't rebuild, they have down years. Pro teams rebuild because they have free agency and the draft, high school and to a lesser degree colleges just have down years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
isnt it rich that YJ Bert and the mr. physicality spalina are the newsday quotes on helmets. Both have coached the game to get us where we are today. They should look in the mirror

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
isnt it rich that YJ Bert and the mr. physicality spalina are the newsday quotes on helmets. Both have coached the game to get us where we are today. They should look in the mirror

Have to love the photo Newsday uses of the draw. Looks like girl with helmet is ducking away from a stick to the head

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't realize how many ignorant AD's and school districts had purchased. My bet is 75% of schools will now have next year. Everyone will be afraid of NOT offering. Elvis has left the building its over!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Read it again genious. Spallina doesn't like helmets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter will never wear a helmet - Bobby Nystrom

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The thought was that the SB hatchet man has made the game more dangerous with the aggressive play he pushes. His brand of lacrosse is bringing helmets to the game. Doesn't matter if he likes helmets or not. They are definitely coming for LI HS lacrosse and his type of play is part of the reason.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weekly sportsmanship award goes to Sayville . Could have kids padding their stats in certain games but obviously the coaches /kids/ parents get the fact that there are more important things than having your kids run up their season numbers when playing overmatched opponents . North Bab AD, coach , ballhog kid, ball hog kids parents should take notice , hopefully come post season award time other coaches realize that some ball hogs kids grossly inflated stats came against the expense of overmatched opponents and her own teammates .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk Division I

Early season with a lot of lacrosse to be played but...

Final Four Predictions

1 - Middle Country
2 - Northport
3 - Smithtown E
4 - Smithtown W

West Islip good coaching and winning tradition could also be in the mix.
Can Huntington make a run?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you say Huntington? I know you live there, but come on!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk Division I

Final Four Predictions

1 - Middle Country
2 - Northport
3 - Smithtown E
4 - Smithtown W

Were two games in. Little early. At this pointing would say np to take it. They beat up on sw. But sw beat up on pat med so idk when np plays mc that'll tell the tale. Wi Lois shaky at best

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You need to certainly include wi in that mix as well.
Also wm and sachem north. Could be some other surprises.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weekly sportsmanship award goes to Sayville . Could have kids padding their stats in certain games but obviously the coaches /kids/ parents get the fact that there are more important things than having your kids run up their season numbers when playing overmatched opponents . North Bab AD, coach , ballhog kid, ball hog kids parents should take notice , hopefully come post season award time other coaches realize that some ball hogs kids grossly inflated stats came against the expense of overmatched opponents and her own teammates .

Don't you have some yard work to do?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're stupid. Mine won't step off the bus without one. - Pat LaFontaine

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]
[/quote]
You're stupid. Mine won't step off the bus without one. - Pat LaFontaine[/quote]

Nice!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You need to certainly include wi in that mix as well.
Also wm and sachem north. Could be some other surprises.
i would prefer to be the underdog than the front runner. Some of these teams will get better as the season progresses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it's nice to commend Sayville. There's little enough of that on this board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually I do , my guess is you don't as the mobile home park you live in must have a service plus your too busy getting your kid a box of doughnuts for every goal she scores .Keep up the good work

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually I do , my guess is you don't as the mobile home park you live in must have a service plus your too busy getting your kid a box of doughnuts for every goal she scores .Keep up the good work

Sayville, social media champs...keep on rolling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The thought was that the SB hatchet man has made the game more dangerous with the aggressive play he pushes. His brand of lacrosse is bringing helmets to the game. Doesn't matter if he likes helmets or not. They are definitely coming for LI HS lacrosse and his type of play is part of the reason.

Ohio state attacker just got whacked in the face with a stick. Unfortunately she is the one leaving the field (to stop the bleeding) and not the defender! No card. That's why we're headed for helmets. Thanks refs..
Do you even have a rule book???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk Division I

Final Four Predictions

1 - Middle Country
2 - Northport
3 - Smithtown E
4 - Smithtown W

Were two games in. Little early. At this pointing would say np to take it. They beat up on sw. But sw beat up on pat med so idk when np plays mc that'll tell the tale. Wi Lois shaky at best

WI not what they used to be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won the MC vs N Bab game yesterday?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No team is what they used to be. That's called graduation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bridgewater over BBP today. NJ will kick LI [lacrosse] this year with Bridgewater, Ridgewood, Summit and Oak Knoll.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ohio state attacker just got whacked in the face with a stick. Unfortunately she is the one leaving the field (to stop the bleeding) and not the defender! No card. That's why we're headed for helmets. Thanks refs..

officiating is terrible. in all sports they tell refs to always be safe then sorry. in lax they are absolutely terrified to eject or card players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter, a defender, took a stick to the head that caused us to have to leave so she could get stitches. The ref said he couldn't call a foul because "he didn't see it happen."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bridgewater over BBP today. NJ will kick LI [lacrosse] this year with Bridgewater, Ridgewood, Summit and Oak Knoll.

BBP is a shell of what they were and not a good yard stick to measure with. Graduated too much talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter, a defender, took a stick to the head that caused us to have to leave so she could get stitches. The ref said he couldn't call a foul because "he didn't see it happen."

Oh yeah I hear yah. The defenders are in just as much danger as anyone else. The dangerous follow through is hardly ever called and defenders get whacked all the time too. They literally should just rip up the rule book, I guess they need on for liability reasons.

NCAA seems totally disinterested in player safety..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, the follow through is rarely called anymore. One thing I would like to see change is any time an offensive player tries to go to goal and gets surrounded by a bunch of defenders inside the 8 meter we always see a penalty on defense and a free position shot. I think when this happens inside the 8 it should be a none call unless something is blatant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk Division I

Final Four Predictions

1 - Middle Country
2 - Northport
3 - Smithtown E
4 - Smithtown W

West Islip coaching will help the team improve as the season goes on. West Islip will also have one of their stronger players return to the lineup. Northport looks like they are playing well and we know they are always tough and well coached. Middle Country has to be the favorite. Cant see anyone else but those three, maybe one of the smithtowns.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is a real simple fix.

1-Start to call cradling in the Sphere. The offense player that is getting hit in the head 50 percent of time has thier stick in the sphere. This is now coached to bring to your face by many programs. STEPS calls it "keep it in the window". Because refs do not call it what not do it attitude.

2- when a player leans over their stick to dodge , ref this is an uncheckable stick-hence a turnover.

The isssue again is US lacrosse like it is on most things. There piont of emphasis has never been on the offense player stick position .

Have a great Sunday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk Division I

Final Four Predictions

1 - Middle Country
2 - Northport
3 - Smithtown E
4 - Smithtown W

West Islip coaching will help the team improve as the season goes on. West Islip will also have one of their stronger players return to the lineup. Northport looks like they are playing well and we know they are always tough and well coached. Middle Country has to be the favorite. Cant see anyone else but those three, maybe one of the smithtowns.
player return may be too late? Wi is 3-1 so a little early to count out. Watched the sachem game where they lost in dbl ot. Goalie played awesome and had some nice work on offense. Players need to step up. Teams like nb beating up on weaker teams. They will get theirs. Sw blown out by np but redeemed next game. I think it's too early to tell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best way to stop this ridicules head gear is, to me, a simple 2 step process.

1. The refs have to start calling dangerous shots, and, must start handing out red cards for shots that hit defenders, even if the obstruction is about to be called. players at the JV and varsity level should have enough experience and control to know when not to shoot, and calling dangerous follow through with the same result. that should take care of the recless play on the attacking end and

2. Go to a progressive foul system where after 3-5 contact fouls (pushing,blocking,crosscheck,slashing) or dangerous checking fouls the player is fould out of the game. add in if any player receives 2 yellows during any game it equals a red automatically, and that would take care of the dangerous play in the mid field and "D" end.

But of coursr US Lacrosse would rather mandate players put on that stupid head gear that will do nothing to limit the chance of a concussion and just make money for Cascade. if any parent had bothered to read the lable on the inside of the "head gear" they would see that even the manufacturer knows that it will not stop a concussion because it says so right on the equipment

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best way to stop this ridicules head gear is, to me, a simple 2 step process.

1. The refs have to start calling dangerous shots, and, must start handing out red cards for shots that hit defenders, even if the obstruction is about to be called. players at the JV and varsity level should have enough experience and control to know when not to shoot, and calling dangerous follow through with the same result. that should take care of the recless play on the attacking end and

2. Go to a progressive foul system where after 3-5 contact fouls (pushing,blocking,crosscheck,slashing) or dangerous checking fouls the player is fould out of the game. add in if any player receives 2 yellows during any game it equals a red automatically, and that would take care of the dangerous play in the mid field and "D" end.

But of coursr US Lacrosse would rather mandate players put on that stupid head gear that will do nothing to limit the chance of a concussion and just make money for Cascade. if any parent had bothered to read the lable on the inside of the "head gear" they would see that even the manufacturer knows that it will not stop a concussion because it says so right on the equipment

14 schools already purchased. Do you really think other schools aren't going to purchase for next season? Doing nothing gives the appearance those schools don't take player safety seriously. This is over folks we are all screwed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is a real simple fix.

1-Start to call cradling in the Sphere. The offense player that is getting hit in the head 50 percent of time has thier stick in the sphere. This is now coached to bring to your face by many programs. STEPS calls it "keep it in the window". Because refs do not call it what not do it attitude.

2- when a player leans over their stick to dodge , ref this is an uncheckable stick-hence a turnover.

The isssue again is US lacrosse like it is on most things. There piont of emphasis has never been on the offense player stick position .

Have a great Sunday.

There is no one aspect of play where if you start calling it is some manic bullet that will cure this game. It's the cross checks and it's the charging through and it's the shots over a girl or through a crowd that puts defenders at risk and on and on.. it's parents, its coaches and it's definitely refs fault as well. The game is disfunctional and helmets will only mask the symptoms..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk Division I

Final Four Predictions

1 - Middle Country
2 - Northport
3 - Smithtown E
4 - Smithtown W

player return may be too late? Wi is 3-1 so a little early to count out. Watched the sachem game where they lost in dbl ot. Goalie played awesome and had some nice work on offense. Players need to step up. Teams like nb beating up on weaker teams. They will get theirs. Sw blown out by np but redeemed next game. I think it's too early to tell.

In the playoffs it usually comes down to coaching. When two talented teams meet in the playoff many times coaching plays a major role in the outcome. Tradition, team culture and preparation are very important. Some teams have prepared to win, they expect to win, they have worked hard in the off season and they are ready to compete. Recognizing talent, identifying strengths and weakness of players and putting players in the best position to succeed is absolutely critical to team success. Scouting, strategic game planning and in-game adjustments are all very important and play a huge role in the playoffs.

Obviously a team needs the athletes but more times than not it is coaching that makes the difference come playoff time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is a real simple fix.

Have a great Sunday.

There is no one aspect of play where if you start calling it is some manic bullet that will cure this game. It's the cross checks and it's the charging through and it's the shots over a girl or through a crowd that puts defenders at risk and on and on.. it's parents, its coaches and it's definitely refs fault as well. The game is disfunctional and helmets will only mask the symptoms..

Your darn right. Pad them up, take the boys rules minus body checks and let them play. Keep the draw if you want. Everything else is crap. The entire game. Works for ice hockey.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is a real simple fix.

Have a great Sunday.

Your darn right. Pad them up, take the boys rules minus body checks and let them play. Keep the draw if you want. Everything else is crap. The entire game. Works for ice hockey.

Your an idiot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is a real simple fix.

Have a great Sunday.

Your an idiot.

Why is the poster an idiot? Why not pad them up? I think we can forget holding the refs accountable. If it hasn't happened yet, it's not going to happen. If we're worried about safety, padding them up is an answer.

Like Reply Quote
Page 26 of 214 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard