BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,725
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 42 of 220 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ron Masera...I brought these girls together...as Jim said 10 girls who played with last summer's 2019 teams and are now 2020s. It also includes one girl who is a 2021 and will play up. For lax for hope I asked Bill Smith if there were a couple more girls who wanted to play and he provided 3 more contacts. No kids were ever hand picked and none have ever been denied. This was done for a simple reason...fun. As far as the name goes...since all of the girls play for Top Guns I was advised we should play as a TG team...this is fine with Bill.
If there are TG 2020 people in the conversation who feel slighted, my apologies. There was never an intention to leave anyone out. Moving on, there are two tournaments remaining that we could potentially put teams in for...Hofstra Sat 10/27 and Smithtown. Sunday 11/4. If we can get enough girls I would be happy to organize this. Call Billl or see me at lax for hope...I'll be the coach with a target on my back amidst a sea of pink for a nice charity event.
Ron

I wasn't going to throw Ron's name out there but since he did I can't help but comment. I have known him for several years and without hesitation will say that he is one of the nicest guys you could ever hope to meet. Funny how people on this thread "know for fact" that girls tried to join this group and were shunned. Goes to show ya what people will make up just to fan the flames. And a shout out to Ron, Nice Job with the post, don't sweat any of the nonsense on this site, any and everybody who knows you, appreciates you and what you are doing.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No Good deed goes unpunished

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many of the people on this site are ridiculously immature.
Why is such negativity persistenly permitted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many of the people on this site are ridiculously immature.
Why is such negativity persistenly permitted.

We just need to ignore it, and focus on the positives!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recieved email 2017 black putting team in tourney for sunday Oct 28 in JV / Varsity Division

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recieved email 2017 black putting team in tourney for sunday Oct 28 in JV / Varsity Division

I really wish TG would let this team play age appropriate. We were humiliated last month. As a new parent who has lax experience at least allow the girls to get to know each other before we play up, regardless of who is coaching the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I really wish TG would let this team play age appropriate. We were humiliated last month. As a new parent who has lax experience at least allow the girls to get to know each other before we play up, regardless of who is coaching the team.

Really is age appropriate ,travel teams should play at least 1 year up in tournaments that have town teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then don't play! make another team with your daughter and others. be happy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really is age appropriate ,travel teams should play at least 1 year up in tournaments that have town teams

They should play 3 years up, NOT! You're ridiculous! Been around the tournament arena for 6 years and NEVER has ANY travel team played up "at least 1 year"! To the Tg parent-I agree, let the girls get to know each other before you allow them to get crushed in a tournament. No 13yo wants to go home losing every game, especially when trying to build chemistry.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must not being paying attention if you've "NEVER" seen travel teams play up a year against town teams. As just one example, click on the Lax for M.E. and the Gals box at the top of the page.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess not every 2017 black player got an email, mine did not. And by the way- purple did not "play up" at the last tourny.

They should play 3 years up, NOT! You're ridiculous! Been around the tournament arena for 6 years and NEVER has ANY travel team played up "at least 1 year"! To the Tg parent-I agree, let the girls get to know each other before you allow them to get crushed in a tournament. No 13yo wants to go home losing every game, especially when trying to build chemistry.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great day 2020! Looking forward to a great year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huh? Tell the kids not this post!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great day 2020! Looking forward to a great year.

2020 girls probably don't read this and if they do take away their computers because your all nuts!! Tell your child personally they played well not here!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here we go!.......................................

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your daughters travel team must be fairly horrible if they never play up in age.Actually some tournaments mandate travel teams play up 1 year .If your daughters travel team cannot compete against town teams who are a year older then you are nothing but a glorified town team and should ask for a refund.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You may want to pay closer attention, lax for hope on Sunday team Banana , graduation year 2017 playing JV. I have NEVER seen someone post something so easily disproved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You may want to pay closer attention, lax for hope on Sunday team Banana , graduation year 2017 playing JV. I have NEVER seen someone post something so easily disproved.

Team Banana rocked it!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wondering if this new LI Classic tournament is going to be one of the tournaments for summer travel teams. Will be nice to skip hotel and travel expense for one weekend,

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Wondering if this new LI Classic tournament is going to be one of the tournaments for summer travel teams. Will be nice to skip hotel and travel expense for one weekend,
BOTC firmly expects that the July 2013 Lacrosse-by-3 event, the Long Island LacroSSe ClaSSic, will become one of the college showcase events that our area has needed. BOTC will provide full coverage of this event heading into the summer months of 2013.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What location would tournament be held?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that this LI tourney is going to be one of the ones TG's goes to instead of going to Syracuse; I hope that is the case!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that this LI tourney is going to be one of the ones TG's goes to instead of going to Syracuse; I hope that is the case!

It's a pretty good bet since this tourney is a Shannon Smith event that YJ won't be sending any teams.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Hofstra University will be the host site for this Showcase. Be sure to visit the "LI 3 ClaSSic Showcase" link on the Spring 2013 content island to your left.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Hofstra University will be the host site for this Showcase. Be sure to visit the "LI 3 ClaSSic Showcase" link on the Spring 2013 content island to your left.

That tournament will be a joke, teams from off long island will not come and YJ will send zero teams, hopefully she gets liberty 91 Suffolk allstars etc.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC spoke in detail with Shannon Smith today regarding this tournament and its position on the Showcase Schedule.

Coach Smith has a truly imaginative plan and overall vision to bring NCAA Coaches to their Hofstra venue and BOTC is working with our regional US Lacrosse representatives to expand our coverage through the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic.

With the potential drawing power of this new Showcase, a Long Island and Regional appetite for an early-July premier event, and our joint push to establish this event as a Summer College Showcase Event, expect this tournament to emerge in July 2013 with robust attendance both from the competition and coaches.

Now is the time for the Long Island Girls Community to act. At a solid price point, this event figures to provide a great opportunity to experience regional showcasing without all the travel costs.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by CageSage

That tournament will be a joke, teams from off long island will not come and YJ will send zero teams, hopefully she gets liberty 91 Suffolk allstars etc.
The tournament has only been covered for less than 24 hours here on BOTC and we have received two inquiries from the Baltimore/Maryland area, two from New Jersey, and one from Connecticut.

BOTC cannot comment on the Yellow Jackets summer plans at this time. Showcasing opportunities close to home benefit everyone. Attendance by the others that you mentioned seems reasonable.

As for coaching attendance, watch Hofstra's Spring schedule as a starting point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a pretty good bet since this tourney is a Shannon Smith event that YJ won't be sending any teams.

Cut off your nose to spite your face.
Unfortunately this is likely true that YJ teams won't be attending this tournament due to the CR SS circumstances. It is a shame to watch so many players miss out on a great opportunity like this because of the queens' discontent. One thing should be apparent, SS is charging hard and is heavily involved in the landscape of women's lacrosse locally and nationally. So you can stick your heads in the sand as CR will decide for you to do, all others who attend really won't miss you. But on the flip side, I don't see SS entering any teams in YJ sponsored events, at least not officially through the club. You would think that with all the money to be made at these tournaments, these two directors would put their differences aside in the name of cash.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately this is likely true that YJ teams won't be attending this tournament due to the CR SS circumstances. It is a shame to watch so many players miss out on a great opportunity like this because of the queens' discontent. One thing should be apparent, SS is charging hard and is heavily involved in the landscape of women's lacrosse locally and nationally. So you can stick your heads in the sand as CR will decide for you to do, all others who attend really won't miss you. But on the flip side, I don't see SS entering any teams in YJ sponsored events, at least not officially through the club. You would think that with all the money to be made at these tournaments, these two directors would put their differences aside in the name of cash.

Seriously ,TG has avoided CR tournament for years and you never came on hear with the "miss out on a great opportunity" nonsense. YJ usually does another tournament on those dates and it is for a much better cause.

Too many kids on each team, coaches making as many teams per age as possible, having a tournament that barely any teams will attend for a money grab,etc. Good luck but they will not show up plus where will they play the games on those tiny ,crummy 7 on 7 fields.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the powers that be should start up a Long Island Girls Lacrosse Council. Get a fair board consisting of reps from club, town, PAL and maybe middle/high school coaches to promote and endorse Long Island Lacrosse. Kind of like a PTA of L.I. lacrosse, focus on the kids. While I am sure this will bring some nasty comments, think about how we can really bring a tremendous amount of knowledge and recognition to our own backyard.

Just this moms 2 cents smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously ,TG has avoided CR tournament for years and you never came on hear with the "miss out on a great opportunity" nonsense. YJ usually does another tournament on those dates and it is for a much better cause.

Too many kids on each team, coaches making as many teams per age as possible, having a tournament that barely any teams will attend for a money grab,etc. Good luck but they will not show up plus where will they play the games on those tiny ,crummy 7 on 7 fields.

You're right, the facilities at Hofstra can't begin to compare with the lax spectacular that goes on at Mitchell Field - all those 25 minute games with YJ club being 30% of the teams there and playing each other or town teams half the time. Poor SS how can she compete with that - LOL!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're right, the facilities at Hofstra can't begin to compare with the lax spectacular that goes on at Mitchell Field - all those 25 minute games with YJ club being 30% of the teams there and playing each other or town teams half the time. Poor SS how can she compete with that - LOL!

Keep laughing but the but the point of the post was that CR holds an equally terrible tournament that out of state teams rarely go to and now SS has taken another page out of that play book and holds her own terrible tournament.Too funny that you try to denigrate the facilities at Mitchell field by talking about the format of the tournament , too stupid to realize one has nothing to do with the other.I agree I rarely like the format of any showcase tournament especially at the younger ages but the fact remains Hofstras facilities to hold a high caliber tournament are hideous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you think they will be collecting and entrance fee, I mean Donations for the club at the entrance

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Keep laughing but the but the point of the post was that CR holds an equally terrible tournament that out of state teams rarely go to...
The summer event to which you refer is not a terrible event however there are some rivalries between clubs that prevent all of Long Island's best from appearing in one place.

... and now SS has taken another page out of that play book and holds her own terrible tournament.
The new Long Island LacroSSe ClaSSic is not a page taken from anyone's book as this will tap into a completely new recruiting market leveraging the Lacrosse-By-3 collegiate relationships. As for holding a terrible tournament, how can an inaugural event be "terrible" when the first edition has not happened?

Too funny that you try to denigrate the facilities at Mitchell field by talking about the format of the tournament, too stupid to realize one has nothing to do with the other.
Mitchel Field supplies open land, flat fields and a great turf stadium. Are the grass fields overused during the year? Yes. Could the fields use some rest and rehabilitation? Yes. Would Long Island youth tournaments be hurt by losing access to these fields? Yes.

I agree I rarely like the format of any showcase tournament especially at the younger ages..."
Younger ages should be playing a results-based tournament event. Older age groups should not be playing a tournament step-ladder but just getting as many games onto the field for each team as possible whether through group play or championship/out-bracket formats.

... but the fact remains Hofstras facilities to hold a high caliber tournament are hideous.
This could not be more wrong. With Shuart Stadium, grass fields on North Campus, and a variety of full-field options (at least six marked out of which we are aware), the campus will have excellent options. As a matter of fact, there are numerous youth tournaments that would like to be able to afford to tap into the Hofstra University Facilities.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just what we all needed, another "showcase/recruiting tournament". What do we have now on the east coast, 15 or so?
Adding more defeates the purpose, should be trying to concentrate the talent and college coaches at fewer events, not spreading it out over more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you think they will be collecting and entrance fee, I mean Donations for the club at the entrance

Maybe you should research where that $ goes before you post your silly little digs

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Just what we all needed, another "showcase/recruiting tournament". What do we have now on the east coast, 15 or so?
Adding more defeates the purpose, should be trying to concentrate the talent and college coaches at fewer events, not spreading it out over more.
Here is how BOTC sees it from the 50,000 foot level : there are two regional hot-spots of talent, one being Long Island and the second being the Greater Baltimore area. While Maryland has done a good job with hosting Showcase events locally, Long Island has given away that ground to surrounding states including New Jersey (one club from NJ ran a tournament on Long Island last year), Pennsylvania and others.

Why should one of the two key talent hotbeds be giving away this dominant position? Bridge tolls? Hotel costs? Meal costs? Seriously, this excuse that says it is so much more expensive to host a tournament and attract out-of-town teams has been a topic beaten on BOTC as well as BOTN for soccer for years.

The truth is that Long Island's market is sufficiently large that local tournaments are typically fully filled so the external marketing is limited. The refreshing step being taken is that perhaps (and we do say perhaps) the efforts around placing the Long Island Lacrosse Classic as a regional event will help change this picture.

For those familiar with the NEWSS Tournament from soccer, a local elite women's college showcas, the event started slowly (sixteen teams per age group) and has become a recruiting magnet. The vision is that the same will happen here with the Classic.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Maybe you should research where that $ goes before you post your silly little digs
Agreed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did someone ruffle somebody feathers?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like the clever SS hidden in lacroSSe and claSSic. Also the lacrosse by 3, as a jersey reference and I'm not talking snooky. Is there a CRooked CRap tournament on the horizon?

Like Reply Quote
Page 42 of 220 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard