BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,887
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 100 of 128 1 2 98 99 100 101 102 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Very sad the game is like this now. Crabs, FCA, LIE, West Coast Starz, 3D, .....all have some great lacrosse programs. The A teams and B teams ROCK in most cases....Its when there are multiple levels of temas the program gets diluted and the $$ grab starts up. Are there people who hold back, pay to play...cheat......YES....However, There are also soo many clubs that are PURE $$$ GRABS! It has become a BIG FOR PROFIT BUSINESS... PERIOD! It is BAD all the way around and all across the country. People drop more money in 1 month on club lacrosse than an entire college education used to cost a many universities. It has become SAD!

In the end, the cream always rises and the sludge just sinks to the bottom OR Quits. Lots of pretty boy rich kids and azzhat parents in the sport to go around (and in all aspects of life too) .....BUT there are still some INCREDIBLE coaches out there,,,,awesome club teams and good fun to be had. You just need to find them and say the [lacrosse] with all the hype & politics!!

The typical "rich kid" lacrosse tournament type is out there. Many times all you need to do is look at the parents and you will soon see why the spoiled prince is the way he is.....entitled and cocky.......the sport has plenty of them! The good thing is, the real world smacks em down real fast and they end up with nothing living back with mom and dad.

People are losing site of the end game....which is to USE LACROSSE to get a BETTER EDUCATION and go to a better school than you would have otherwise went. While you are there you get to become a better player / forge lifetime friendships that extend WAY beyond the lax field. Do this, and you will have accomplished the original goal.

OK,....nuff said....There are great people Everywhere,....you just need to weed out the azzhats & find them ....don't take all this "club...pay to play stuff" too serious and remember why you are out there in the first place....For me,...its the incredible time I get to spend with my kids. Everything else is BS!

Cheers!!!

Go UMASS!

Getting into a college you would not otherwise qualify for is a double edge sword. If a kid qualifies athletically but is ill equipped academically will this lead to success? This is very similar to affirmative action. The intent is good, but failure in academia is a very high likelihood. Parents need to understand that not every kid is Princeton material. In addition, every successful person did not go to great colleges. Sport teaches the kids how to work hard to succeed. If a kid works hard at his sport, he often works hard at school and will develop to his potential. This potential may not be a rocket scientist. I have seen many very successful contractors, which takes very good math skills. Do not get lost in the Ivys. Just my 2 cents from a parent who has been through the recruiting scam. Much more money in Merit and no stress of a full time job being on a Lacrosse team. I played D1. It is a more than a full time job.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very sad the game is like this now. Crabs, FCA, LIE, West Coast Starz, 3D, .....all have some great lacrosse programs. The A teams and B teams ROCK in most cases....Its when there are multiple levels of temas the program gets diluted and the $$ grab starts up. Are there people who hold back, pay to play...cheat......YES....However, There are also soo many clubs that are PURE $$$ GRABS! It has become a BIG FOR PROFIT BUSINESS... PERIOD! It is BAD all the way around and all across the country. People drop more money in 1 month on club lacrosse than an entire college education used to cost a many universities. It has become SAD!

In the end, the cream always rises and the sludge just sinks to the bottom OR Quits. Lots of pretty boy rich kids and azzhat parents in the sport to go around (and in all aspects of life too) .....BUT there are still some INCREDIBLE coaches out there,,,,awesome club teams and good fun to be had. You just need to find them and say the [lacrosse] with all the hype & politics!!

The typical "rich kid" lacrosse tournament type is out there. Many times all you need to do is look at the parents and you will soon see why the spoiled prince is the way he is.....entitled and cocky.......the sport has plenty of them! The good thing is, the real world smacks em down real fast and they end up with nothing living back with mom and dad.

People are losing site of the end game....which is to USE LACROSSE to get a BETTER EDUCATION and go to a better school than you would have otherwise went. While you are there you get to become a better player / forge lifetime friendships that extend WAY beyond the lax field. Do this, and you will have accomplished the original goal.

OK,....nuff said....There are great people Everywhere,....you just need to weed out the azzhats & find them ....don't take all this "club...pay to play stuff" too serious and remember why you are out there in the first place....For me,...its the incredible time I get to spend with my kids. Everything else is BS!

Cheers!!!

Go UMASS!

Getting into a college you would not otherwise qualify for is a double edge sword. If a kid qualifies athletically but is ill equipped academically will this lead to success? This is very similar to affirmative action. The intent is good, but failure in academia is a very high likelihood. Parents need to understand that not every kid is Princeton material. In addition, every successful person did not go to great colleges. Sport teaches the kids how to work hard to succeed. If a kid works hard at his sport, he often works hard at school and will develop to his potential. This potential may not be a rocket scientist. I have seen many very successful contractors, which takes very good math skills. Do not get lost in the Ivys. Just my 2 cents from a parent who has been through the recruiting scam. Much more money in Merit and no stress of a full time job being on a Lacrosse team. I played D1. It is a more than a full time job.

Cheers!!!

Go UMASS!

So True my roommate went to play football at Princeton back in the early 90's and he struggled real bad. He wasn't Princeton Material and missed out on college experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The College experience? How about the fact he got a degree from Princeton and all the benefits that go along with it. Seems like a good tradeoff to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He may not have graduated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Crabs doing Sunday Kooper's league for youth teams?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No..6th 7th grade teams have all signed up for drivers education on Sunday. 8th grade needs to sign up for selective service on Sunday.so they are out too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Written from a jealous dad whose son got cut

No..6th 7th grade teams have all signed up for drivers education on Sunday. 8th grade needs to sign up for selective service on Sunday.so they are out too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funniest post on BOC....it has to be tough knowing everyone credits all your success to using kids 1-2 years older to win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funniest post on BOC....it has to be tough knowing everyone credits all your success to using kids 1-2 years older to win.

Not as tough as it must feel when you realize you will never play at that level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello.....new to Lax and BOTC and from Balti. Who are the crabs and are they a legitimate club. What should I expect if I sign my son up.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not as tough as it must feel when you realize you will never play at that level.

Who would want to play at a level that cheating Crabs plays at. Look at their 2020 team last spring/summer. Team made up of mostly holdbacks and maybe one or two double holdbacks. They were not a successful team in spite of all the cheating/manipulations done by no other than Ryan McClernan himself.
This club smells cheating from a mile away and everyone in the lacrosse community knows it. Sure, other clubs have a few holdbacks but nowhere near the extent of Crabs. Their entire business model is built around holdbacks, at any level.
Deny it all you want, everyone knows the truth except the Crabs parents/fans, who are in complete denial.
Now, let the pushback begin.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who would want to play at a level that cheating Crabs plays at. Look at their 2020 team last spring/summer. Team made up of mostly holdbacks and maybe one or two double holdbacks. They were not a successful team in spite of all the cheating/manipulations done by no other than Ryan McClernan himself.
This club smells cheating from a mile away and everyone in the lacrosse community knows it. Sure, other clubs have a few holdbacks but nowhere near the extent of Crabs. Their entire business model is built around holdbacks, at any level.
Deny it all you want, everyone knows the truth except the Crabs parents/fans, who are in complete denial.

All the teams at that level are riddled with prefirst kids and kids that repeat later if they didn't do prefirst. It is unreasonable to call someone a cheater just because you don't like the league format. Whatever, why are you even on here, I guess this argument doesn't get any legs in your bracket, so you have to come on here with your fake tears.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should have held back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No money in Lacrosse boys. Money in Merit scholarships. This is a recording. Save your club dues and get a Tutor for your super star.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should have held back. [/quote]

Sounds like you did and it didn't work or do any good. Probably too late to try again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the teams at that level are riddled with prefirst kids and kids that repeat later if they didn't do prefirst. It is unreasonable to call someone a cheater just because you don't like the league format. Whatever, why are you even on here, I guess this argument doesn't get any legs in your bracket, so you have to come on here with your fake tears. [/quote]

Sorry, but Crabs stinks of cheating at all levels. True, it is grade based and also true, most teams have a few holdbacks but not near the extent of Crab teams. It is part of their model on how they build teams and expand the holdbacks well beyond any other top tier team in Md. I know this for a fact so don't even try and question the validity of this. You know it is true and so do many others in the lax community. It has nothing to do with the league format, it is Crabs doing everything they can to exploit the league format and guidelines.
I don't have a bracket, as you suggested, it is a known fact about Crabs, regardless of which age bracket being discussed, so yes it does get "legs".
As for tears, none here, I would only have tears if my son ever said he wanted to play for Crabs, which, by the way, he never would. He has much more integrity than to have any desire to play for this sh*t organization

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the teams at that level are riddled with prefirst kids and kids that repeat later if they didn't do prefirst. It is unreasonable to call someone a cheater just because you don't like the league format. Whatever, why are you even on here, I guess this argument doesn't get any legs in your bracket, so you have to come on here with your fake tears.

Sorry, but Crabs stinks of cheating at all levels. True, it is grade based and also true, most teams have a few holdbacks but not near the extent of Crab teams. It is part of their model on how they build teams and expand the holdbacks well beyond any other top tier team in Md. I know this for a fact so don't even try and question the validity of this. You know it is true and so do many others in the lax community. It has nothing to do with the league format, it is Crabs doing everything they can to exploit the league format and guidelines.
I don't have a bracket, as you suggested, it is a known fact about Crabs, regardless of which age bracket being discussed, so yes it does get "legs".
As for tears, none here, I would only have tears if my son ever said he wanted to play for Crabs, which, by the way, he never would. He has much more integrity than to have any desire to play for this sh*t organization [/quote]

Your validity is under question. You should follow your son's lead, and just avoid, rather than whining on the forum. All the elite teams, the ones you don't play, have heard your BS argument enough to smell fake news when they hear it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As for tears, none here, I would only have tears if my son ever said he wanted to play for Crabs, which, by the way, he never would. He has much more integrity than to have any desire to play for this sh*t organization [/quote]

By your own argument, not cheating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As for tears, none here, I would only have tears if my son ever said he wanted to play for Crabs, which, by the way, he never would. He has much more integrity than to have any desire to play for this sh*t organization

Your validity is under question. You should follow your son's lead, and just avoid, rather than whining on the forum. All the elite teams, the ones you don't play, have heard your BS argument enough to smell fake news when they hear it. [/quote]. Typical Crab pushback. No whining at all, just stating known facts. Crabs stands out as the largest holdback offender of all elite teams. So, trump boy, not fake news or alternative facts, just well known truthful facts. Live with it, as I have no agenda, could care less what Crabs do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your validity is under question. You should follow your son's lead, and just avoid, rather than whining on the forum. All the elite teams, the ones you don't play, have heard your BS argument enough to smell fake news when they hear it.
. Typical Crab pushback. No whining at all, just stating known facts. Crabs stands out as the largest holdback offender of all elite teams. So, trump boy, not fake news or alternative facts, just well known truthful facts. Live with it, as I have no agenda, could care less what Crabs do. [/quote]

You care enough to have a position and carry on an argument, so I contend that you could care much less if you tried. Other than separating public and private kids, there is no way past this argument, as the average age is always going to be about a year apart. FCA, Looneys, Madlax, and others all in the same boat. Best teams pick up best kids. Edge Canada is one full year ahead of everyone based on their curriculum, so in many cases those kids are two years apart when they come down and play by our grad year system, which gives our kids a great challenge. You obviously have an issue with Crabs, which is fine, but I have an issue with your argument based on facts, which is fine too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have an issue with Crabs when they cheat - which is basically everyday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have an issue with Crabs when they don't have J.O. seasoning!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You not liking them is not them cheating. Accusing them of cheating would be you lying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear penicillin will cure that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should have been more careful. How did your wife handle?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry pal - dropping down 5 of your 2019s to the 2020 team at Beach lax v. 91 is cheating. Allowing a 16 year old to play on an 8th grade team is cheating. Stacking brackets at your tournament so you waltz into semi-finals is cheating. If you aint cheatin - you aint tryin!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry pal - dropping down 5 of your 2019s to the 2020 team at Beach lax v. 91 is cheating. Allowing a 16 year old to play on an 8th grade team is cheating. Stacking brackets at your tournament so you waltz into semi-finals is cheating. If you aint cheatin - you aint tryin!

While not accurate, even your examples are not cheating. I think it is if you are not lying you are not trying, so you get an A for effort. Have fun still playing beach lax, though, it's your year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While not accurate, even your examples are not cheating.

That's just called Tuesday in Crab country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

. Typical Crab pushback. No whining at all, just stating known facts. Crabs stands out as the largest holdback offender of all elite teams. So, trump boy, not fake news or alternative facts, just well known truthful facts. Live with it, as I have no agenda, could care less what Crabs do.

You care enough to have a position and carry on an argument, so I contend that you could care much less if you tried. Other than separating public and private kids, there is no way past this argument, as the average age is always going to be about a year apart. FCA, Looneys, Madlax, and others all in the same boat. Best teams pick up best kids. Edge Canada is one full year ahead of everyone based on their curriculum, so in many cases those kids are two years apart when they come down and play by our grad year system, which gives our kids a great challenge. You obviously have an issue with Crabs, which is fine, but I have an issue with your argument based on facts, which is fine too. [/quote] edge is like this born 2000=2019 2001=2020 2002=2021 there are no kids two years older unless someone is playing up a year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

. Typical Crab pushback. No whining at all, just stating known facts. Crabs stands out as the largest holdback offender of all elite teams. So, trump boy, not fake news or alternative facts, just well known truthful facts. Live with it, as I have no agenda, could care less what Crabs do.

You care enough to have a position and carry on an argument, so I contend that you could care much less if you tried. Other than separating public and private kids, there is no way past this argument, as the average age is always going to be about a year apart. FCA, Looneys, Madlax, and others all in the same boat. Best teams pick up best kids. Edge Canada is one full year ahead of everyone based on their curriculum, so in many cases those kids are two years apart when they come down and play by our grad year system, which gives our kids a great challenge. You obviously have an issue with Crabs, which is fine, but I have an issue with your argument based on facts, which is fine too.
edge is like this born 2000=2019 2001=2020 2002=2021 there are no kids two years older unless someone is playing up a year [/quote]

So in the USA, I guess we are lazy, and we just say 2 when it is a 14 and 16 year old.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please tell me which of those thing are not true:

1) Beachlax - well documented
2) 16 year old on an 8th grade team - middie, not committed, Gilman
3) Cakewalk brackets when Fat Crab is running the show - too many examples to count. Take a look at this year's Crabfeast brackets once they are released

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3) Cakewalk brackets when Fat Crab is running the show - too many examples to count. Take a look at this year's Crabfeast brackets once they are released

1. All 2020 kids. School ended, new enrollment year begins. No cheating.
2. 2020 kid. No cheating.
3. You don't even state an example, while stating too many to count, if you are wasting your time being on here, why not state an example. No cheating.

Again, you not liking something does not make it cheating. The fact that any of those 3 is cheating is not true. You could simply say, the rules suck in your opinion, rather than lie, and say anyone cheated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

High School now, shut up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) School had not ended and those kid played with the 2019s in later tournaments. Not to mention Crabs got embarrassed on Fourth of July on National TV when they couldn't bring their holdbacks.
2) Only in Crab land would someone that playing a 16 year old 8th grader vs. 13 year olds is not cheating. He will be 20 years old when he graduates HS. Watch him do a PG year. wth?
3) Last years Crab Feast, Play day last year at BL, etc.

There are rules and there are the spirit of the rules that preserves the integrity of the game. Fat Crab and the parents that feed him should be ashamed of themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) School had not ended and those kid played with the 2019s in later tournaments. Not to mention Crabs got embarrassed on Fourth of July on National TV when they couldn't bring their holdbacks.
2) Only in Crab land would someone that playing a 16 year old 8th grader vs. 13 year olds is not cheating. He will be 20 years old when he graduates HS. Watch him do a PG year. wth?

There are rules and there are the spirit of the rules that preserves the integrity of the game. Fat Crab and the parents that feed him should be ashamed of themselves.

True, they should be but the sad part is that neither Ryan McClernan nor the parents are ashamed. They feel proud of themselves and feel they are entitled to play by any rules they want. Do they cheat the system? Not directly, they play 8th graders in the 8th grade league, 7th in 7th etc. But here is where they "game" the system. They have holdbacks at most all level of teams they have, at least from 2022 and older. They had 15 and 16 year olds on last spring/summer 2020 team. The crab parents/fans will either say no no not true or the other come back now is, it's now high school, it doesn't matter. Well, it does matter because your present 2020 team is again loaded with holdbacks, same for your 2021 team and let's not forget the Crabs 2022 team, also holdbacks.
Parents are sold a pile of horsesh*t from McClernan and they buy into this sh*t. Simply pathetic. Go to a Crabs game, watch the parents, they parade around with their noses in the air, they really feel they are a "special" group since their kid plays for Crabs. If they only knew how the remainder of the lax community viewed these people they would be shocked. But then again, maybe not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

School ended.
July comment irrelevant, we were not discussing how good they were.
Kid was within rules.
You mention an event, not an example of how cheating occured, again. I wasn't there, so in all honesty, any example could have sounded reasonable, but you didn't give one.

No, there are just rules. "Spirit of the rules", new liberal phrase for when you don't like the rules? Oh, and the 91 coach, actual cheater!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]1) School had not ended and those kid played with the 2019s in later tournaments. Not to mention Crabs got embarrassed on Fourth of July on National TV when they couldn't bring their holdbacks.

True, they should be but the sad part is that neither Ryan McClernan nor the parents are ashamed. They feel proud of themselves and feel they are entitled to play by any rules they want. Do they cheat the system? Not directly, they play 8th graders in the 8th grade league, 7th in 7th etc. But here is where they "game" the system. They have holdbacks at most all level of teams they have, at least from 2022 and older. They had 15 and 16 year olds on last spring/summer 2020 team. The crab parents/fans will either say no no not true or the other come back now is, it's now high school, it doesn't matter. Well, it does matter because your present 2020 team is again loaded with holdbacks, same for your 2021 team and let's not forget the Crabs 2022 team, also holdbacks.
Parents are sold a pile of horsesh*t from McClernan and they buy into this sh*t. Simply pathetic. Go to a Crabs game, watch the parents, they parade around with their noses in the air, they really feel they are a "special" group since their kid plays for Crabs. If they only knew how the remainder of the lax community viewed these people they would be shocked. But then again, maybe not. [/quote

So kids should play their grade in a grade based league? Because you say so?! Shut up already. If you are still stuck on this argument, time for another activity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares. Only good crabs team is 2023. Can't find holdback/reclass with that 6th grade group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]1) School had not ended and those kid played with the 2019s in later tournaments. Not to mention Crabs got embarrassed on Fourth of July on National TV when they couldn't bring their holdbacks.

Parents are sold a pile of horsesh*t from McClernan and they buy into this sh*t. Simply pathetic. Go to a Crabs game, watch the parents, they parade around with their noses in the air, they really feel they are a "special" group since their kid plays for Crabs. If they only knew how the remainder of the lax community viewed these people they would be shocked. But then again, maybe not. [/quote

So kids should play their grade in a grade based league? Because you say so?! Shut up already. If you are still stuck on this argument, time for another activity.
. From your response it is obvious you have no idea what is being discussed. Read it again, come on you can do it, try real hard and see if you can comprehend what is being discussed . So far you seem to be completely lost. Or, maybe this is the new way Crabs parents push back. Bottom line, the holdback game at Crabs is alive and well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

High School now, shut up.

All true. Just because they are in high school does not mean their history of cheating is not true. Once cheaters always cheaters. All facts. School was not over for Maryland schools - only some of the privates none of publics and not all privates. . Kid was still two years older. RM Still manipulating the brackets at local NLF tourneys and crab events. None of this is unique to just one of their teams.

Like Reply Quote
Page 100 of 128 1 2 98 99 100 101 102 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard