BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Annapolis Hawks
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,915
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 40 of 220 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm new to the club. Was looking forward to visiting with family upstate while doing the Syracuse Tournament. Any reason why they wouldn't be doing this tournament again?

Unlike the earlier poster, I prefer this drive because it isn't I95, no Belt Parkway, no tunnels, it's all cruise control past Westchester County.

That said, as a recruiting tournament there are mainly upstate coaches, I believe, so not particularly high profile. Actually, they changed the format this year so it isn't even a tournament, it's a showcase. Ie., no standings, no winners, just 25 minute games.

It was well-run aside from weather issues which no one can control, poor volunteers clean those port-a-potties a few times a day and the food vendors sell salt potatoes, a nice change from the usual.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can tell sage cage is a TG parent

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
You can tell sage cage is a TG parent
Really, how so?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You keep changing posts to favor TG and not posting the way they are written

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
You keep changing posts to favor TG and not posting the way they are written
So, to make this more clear to you:

(a) CageSage is not a lacrosse parent.

(b) Posts were changed? Could it have had anything to do with the language being used? Think about it. BOTC has no dog in the Top Guns battle.

(c) Become a registered user - you can say whatever you'd like.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What you see here is a pile of stand up parents coming out with support for this team and stamping a name to it. That's impressive. What many of you reading this must understand is that these anonymous boards can be a nasty place and much of the crap is from people from outside the organization looking to fan the flames.

It's a pile of something ,so strange that even the parents who had a problem with the way things were done are now afraid to stand up for doing things the correct way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What you see here is a pile of stand up parents coming out with support for this team and stamping a name to it. That's impressive. What many of you reading this must understand is that these anonymous boards can be a nasty place and much of the crap is from people from outside the organization looking to fan the flames.

It's a pile of something ,so strange that even the parents who had a problem with the way things were done are now afraid to stand up for doing things the correct way.

I'm thinking it was more parents not from this team, not from this club, who were making noise. My daughter is on this team and I completely get it, no big deal. It's so sad to see people like you, on here trying to get emotions stirred up when obviously you have no daughter on team or you would be standing up for doing things the correct way. Just wondering what motivates a person like you. Sometimes I just wonder about this sport, some of the parents you run into are nuts, I love the sport, just not "some" of the parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What planet are you on if you can't make it on YJ then you go to TG

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huh??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, it's becoming the exact opposite...tryout for TG in August. If you don't make the team you were hoping for, go to YJ in October, and take what they offer. And there's nothing wrong with that. Overall they're the best two programs on L.I. Go with what's best for your daughter, and be happy.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, it's becoming the exact opposite...tryout for TG in August. If you don't make the team you were hoping for, go to YJ in October, and take what they offer. And there's nothing wrong with that. Overall they're the best two programs on L.I. Go with what's best for your daughter, and be happy.

You should have at least one team win a significant tournament ie national championship type tournaments before you start declaring yourself one of the top programs in the nation

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should have at least one team win a significant tournament ie national championship type tournaments before you start declaring yourself one of the top programs in the nation

I said one of best on LI. It's not all about national championships...young girls learning the game, getting solid coaching, playing competitively, learning important life lessons, and by the way - the overall experience, building friendships, and having fun is also important.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter went to Team 91 tryout yesterday. She played on a local team that traveled and had a terrible experience, and did not make Tog Guns. I have to say it was a blessing in disguise! The young ladies that ran the tryouts were wonderful with the girls. No egos-all instruction and making small corrections that made the girls feel more confident, lots of compliments given. For $1300 you get Northwestern coaches, tournaments, back pack, under armour practice shirt/shorts and a beautiful reversable uniform with the players name on the back. As a former coach of both boys/girls I can tell you when girls look better they play better, and no player should have any part of a uniform peel off throughout the season regardless of team.
The pool was not large to chose from but there was quite a bit of talent. Hoping my kid makes it, if she doesn't kudos for an extremely well done practice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This poster did say on long Island , and as far as National championships go thats just a silly statement on your part. It was a good experience, and I am glad my daughter had a chance to attend, but the truth is that it is far from a real national championship. Most of the best teams , up until now haven't even entered the qualifying rounds, and there was no qualifying rounds in the to biggest hot beds of L.Il. and MD. until all the top clubs are competing for that crown it is just a fun experience . We all know your a Y.J. parent or player so let me say this, as soon as one of the better MD. clubs came along they beat you two of your teams easily . As a matter of fact you were not able to beat S.W. at any point during the summer with any team, something Top Guns did. nor were you able to beat MD, so stop tooting your horn so loudly, your not the best club in the nation either, and soon not to be the best club on long Island either. There are lots of Y.J.s at other club try outs looking to jump because of your lousy antics on and off the field. And by the way My daughter plays for neither T.G. nor Y.J. so i have no dog in this fight. Let me end my little soliloquy with this . I assume you bring up national championships up because you are in the older age groups, and we all shell out all this money so our daughters can get a toe hold in there chosen colleges, so the real question becomes: How much help are the directors of each club giving there players towards that end. After 3,4,5 years of dues ,hats, bags , bee laden billboard shirts meant to publicize some one else's business endeavor through your wallet, years of protecting the good name of Carol Rose , Shannon Smith, or Steve levy, how much work are these people putting in to help your daughter get to there dream, or do they have there hand out for more?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter went to Team 91 tryout yesterday. She played on a local team that traveled and had a terrible experience, and did not make Tog Guns. I have to say it was a blessing in disguise! The young ladies that ran the tryouts were wonderful with the girls. No egos-all instruction and making small corrections that made the girls feel more confident, lots of compliments given. For $1300 you get Northwestern coaches, tournaments, back pack, under armour practice shirt/shorts and a beautiful reversable uniform with the players name on the back. As a former coach of both boys/girls I can tell you when girls look better they play better, and no player should have any part of a uniform peel off throughout the season regardless of team.
The pool was not large to chose from but there was quite a bit of talent. Hoping my kid makes it, if she doesn't kudos for an extremely well done practice.

My daughter played for for 91 and I would recommend you run run as fast as you can! Extremely disorganized and VERY low commitment from players and parents!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Original post says why is so much attention being paid to TG when it's not even a top team. Their summer camp is a joke. Kids do not learn anything and staff spends most of the time marketing kids for their team. This is not loyal to current members and appears desperate maybe to fill some holes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Original post says why is so much attention being paid to TG when it's not even a top team. Their summer camp is a joke. Kids do not learn anything and staff spends most of the time marketing kids for their team. This is not loyal to current members and appears desperate maybe to fill some holes

I guess you're talking about 91....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This poster did say on long Island , and as far as National championships go thats just a silly statement on your part. It was a good experience, and I am glad my daughter had a chance to attend, but the truth is that it is far from a real national championship. Most of the best teams , up until now haven't even entered the qualifying rounds, and there was no qualifying rounds in the to biggest hot beds of L.Il. and MD. until all the top clubs are competing for that crown it is just a fun experience . We all know your a Y.J. parent or player so let me say this, as soon as one of the better MD. clubs came along they beat you two of your teams easily . As a matter of fact you were not able to beat S.W. at any point during the summer with any team, something Top Guns did. nor were you able to beat MD, so stop tooting your horn so loudly, your not the best club in the nation either, and soon not to be the best club on long Island either. There are lots of Y.J.s at other club try outs looking to jump because of your lousy antics on and off the field. And by the way My daughter plays for neither T.G. nor Y.J. so i have no dog in this fight. Let me end my little soliloquy with this . I assume you bring up national championships up because you are in the older age groups, and we all shell out all this money so our daughters can get a toe hold in there chosen colleges, so the real question becomes: How much help are the directors of each club giving there players towards that end. After 3,4,5 years of dues ,hats, bags , bee laden billboard shirts meant to publicize some one else's business endeavor through your wallet, years of protecting the good name of Carol Rose , Shannon Smith, or Steve levy, how much work are these people putting in to help your daughter get to there dream, or do they have there hand out for more?

Why ramble on when you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.At least try to get your facts close to being true.Several YJ teams along with TG teams have defeated SW teams this year for starters.What the heck is a toe hold , you cannot even get an old cliche correct.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I said one of best on LI. It's not all about national championships...young girls learning the game, getting solid coaching, playing competitively, learning important life lessons, and by the way - the overall experience, building friendships, and having fun is also important.

You actually said YJ TG were the 2 best programs on LI. I think liberty may argue with you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You actually said YJ TG were the 2 best programs on LI. I think liberty may argue with you.

Good point. I should have said two of the top programs on LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry. Don't know where to post this. Just wondering if anyone thinks that the merger between BB n RC will have any impact in the upcoming summer lax season. Thx.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Sorry. Don't know where to post this. Just wondering if anyone thinks that the merger between BB n RC will have any impact in the upcoming summer lax season. Thx.
This topic is being covered in the Long Island Beach Bums thread on the Tryouts Forum. The combination of the Beach Bums and Ripcurl (playing under the Beach Bums brand based on what we have been told) will allow for a more complete girls offering and allow eight to ten teams to be fielded with a deeper total talent set than trying to run these programs independently with four or five teams each.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I couldn't agree more!!!! From a parent of a top def player on LI

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was wondering if the whole 2020 team was asked to play this weekend now that official rosters are out.Before you start with the ----stirrer coments I actually would like to know so I can make decisions based on the facts surrounding these clubs.Thanks in advance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New 2020 parent here. Glad I wasn't asked, my daughter had 2 soccer games, gymnastics meet and cheer practice. Hope all that played had a good time. She will have plenty of time to play Lax in the spring....see all then !!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New 2020 parent here. Glad I wasn't asked, my daughter had 2 soccer games, gymnastics meet and cheer practice. Hope all that played had a good time. She will have plenty of time to play Lax in the spring....see all then !!!!!

Thanks for making the choice clear.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yikes! Talk about over scheduling. Just some advice from someone with older kids...you might want cut back a bit. Might even save a little $ while you are at it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He was talking about this weekend in oakdale.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My child was not asked to original Hofstra tournament but was to the oakdale so I assume that everyone on the TG black was asked but do not know for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would have to say no to that simply because teams were entered weeks and weeks ago, rosters only recently came out. Plus rosters have the players names and not contact information. I have talked to many parents on this issue and haven't found anyone to have issue yet. The people who seem to have issues are the anonymous 5h!t stirrers on this thread who don't have kids on this team. If your daughter is on team and would like to play in these non club tournaments, your best bet is to reach out and contact person putting it together. If you don't know who that is, you can relate to your own situation, they don't know you yet either. Contact TG to find out, easily done. Lots of girls opt not to play with club team and go play on town or teams built just for individual tournaments. There is your other option. So if your daughter is sitting home this weekend, learn from it, be proactive to get her involved. Nothing much happens for people who sit around waiting for things to happen, go out and make it happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't want any one to think I am stirring the pot, or have any motivation other than wanting to watch some lacrosse. What tournament is happening in Oakdale, What days does it happen , where is it and what time does it start

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is also on 2020 Black. I didn't hear anything about Oakdale until now. We are new to the TG club. We look forward to meeting everyone and having a fun upcoming season. Good luck this weekend smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't want any one to think I am stirring the pot, or have any motivation other than wanting to watch some lacrosse. What tournament is happening in Oakdale, What days does it happen , where is it and what time does it start

Lax for hope. Google it. 7 v 7. Basically run by YJs with most all teams made up of split yj teams and age groups, with a few town and pick up teams. It's a pretty decent fall tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lax for hope. Google it. 7 v 7. Basically run by YJs with most all teams made up of split yj teams and age groups, with a few town and pick up teams. It's a pretty decent fall tournament.
thank you

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

thank you
Last year, the Lax for Hope Tournament was covered here on BOTC in concert with the Yellow Jackets program. The tournament is for a great cause and BOTC covered this charity fund raiser fee-free. BOTC is a big supporter of this event and hopes to work with Lax for Hope on an upcoming event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would have to say no to that simply because teams were entered weeks and weeks ago, rosters only recently came out. Plus rosters have the players names and not contact information. I have talked to many parents on this issue and haven't found anyone to have issue yet. The people who seem to have issues are the anonymous 5h!t stirrers on this thread who don't have kids on this team. If your daughter is on team and would like to play in these non club tournaments, your best bet is to reach out and contact person putting it together. If you don't know who that is, you can relate to your own situation, they don't know you yet either. Contact TG to find out, easily done. Lots of girls opt not to play with club team and go play on town or teams built just for individual tournaments. There is your other option. So if your daughter is sitting home this weekend, learn from it, be proactive to get her involved. Nothing much happens for people who sit around waiting for things to happen, go out and make it happen.

I would say you are one of the parents who feels your kid is some elite player simply because it is not that hard to have kids added to your roster so if you wanted to you could have opened it up to all.Plus some of the new kids were called and asked to play and the person running this team( call them fake 2020 TG team) must have the actual roster with phone numbers because he has made calls to some of the kids.I also believe he has been contacted by some to try to include other kids and he said no thanks.My daughter will not be sitting at home because she is on an older TG team which would never exclude kids from their team like you and your group of delusional parents that think your kids are too good to play with the kids who as you guys say just don't have it.Your team is already a train wreck because of people like you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A note to all TG families, especially these younger ones:
Please do assume that all the "others" out there that will be on this team, share the same anger, frustration or opinions of this one "anonymous" posting. Many of us have been following the thread and have chosen to stay out of it for a multitude of self evident reasons. 10 year olds are just that, ten years old. Let them play, make friends, get better and leave the check list of who has what, where and when out of it as it is both divisive and incendiary. Since misery loves company, many of us will be keeping to ourselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couldn't agree with you more. 5th graders have many other opportunities/sports/school/music and there will be time for Lax. As far as the usual parents who spend more time complaining on the computer.........GROW UP.....stand up and get off your computer and be proactive and arrange your own team and enter the tournament and have some FUN

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said. I hope everyone realizes the reason of taking the least amount of girls, it is to win. That is the only reason. I have seen it with town teams excluding kids. Showing up with maybe 1 sub, facing a team of twenty (varying degrees of ability) and winning handily because at town level everyone plays. Just wondering if this is the same person doing this at tg. Yes you will win, but at what cost. Team harmony, i think not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. My daughter was also at 91 tryouts. New director for the girls program from Northwestern who was fabulous and informative. It looks like this team is going in the right direction!!! And would love for the chance for my daughter yo work with these coaches!!

Like Reply Quote
Page 40 of 220 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard