BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,588
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 37 of 102 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 101 102
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Recon is a few players away from being a competitive A team.

Could use a little help at the attack position, good middies, solid D.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted By: Anonymous

The only difference with 90+1 Igloo and Express and say Empire or TrueBlue is depth. The starting lines on TB and Empire can run with any of the starting lines on the so called Big 3.

Well played!

Not really. Any team can attract 3-4 solid players. That's the easy part. Then you hope that the team does well enough in the season or has a coach desirable enough to attract 2-3 more. And so on. If the team does not perform well, you may lose one or two of your core and take a step back. Depth is everything. Dept separates to good teams from the rest. The top teams have two excellent middie lines and one good one, 2-3 excellent attackment and 2 good ones, 2-3 really good defenders and 2 good ones, and a very good goalie. If another team is running out 3 stud midfielders but has little else, when those boys need a rest, the team gets lit up. It's all about attracting 18-22 solid players, not just 3-5.

Great post and absolutely true, but isn't that what the person stated those teams are lacking depth. There starting lines are solid but after that they are not as good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't Recon just do a fall tournament in an A bracket and get destroyed? That is called a B team by definition.

They improved a great deal from last year.

As a parent, that's all that should concern you. Did your son improve? If the answer is yes, then all is well. Don't get caught up in the riff-raff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't Recon just do a fall tournament in an A bracket and get destroyed? That is called a B team by definition.

As a parent, that's all that should concern you. Did your son improve? If the answer is yes, then all is well. Don't get caught up in the riff-raff.

Yes, but it is not clear from this post that the team improved via existing playeys' progress or via bringing in new players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, but it is not clear from this post that the team improved via existing playeys' progress or via bringing in new players.

How about the PAL coach? Other top clubs have MLL players or coaches as their head coach. How can you grow when there is no IQ development?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They got crushed 2 months ago!! So in 2 months they are on now ready for greatness! Wow! Unbelievable! Everyone should join that team!!!:)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only difference with 90+1 Igloo and Express and say Empire or TrueBlue is depth. The starting lines on TB and Empire can run with any of the starting lines on the so called Big 3.

Well played!

Not really. Any team can attract 3-4 solid players. That's the easy part. Then you hope that the team does well enough in the season or has a coach desirable enough to attract 2-3 more. And so on. If the team does not perform well, you may lose one or two of your core and take a step back. Depth is everything. Dept separates to good teams from the rest. The top teams have two excellent middie lines and one good one, 2-3 excellent attackment and 2 good ones, 2-3 really good defenders and 2 good ones, and a very good goalie. If another team is running out 3 stud midfielders but has little else, when those boys need a rest, the team gets lit up. It's all about attracting 18-22 solid players, not just 3-5.

Great post and absolutely true, but isn't that what the person stated those teams are lacking depth. There starting lines are solid but after that they are not as good.

Yes, and that's like saying "the Jets would be just as good as the Patriots if they just had Brady and Gronk" or "my kid would have made honor roll if he didn't get D's" or "my wife would be the greatest if she knew how to cook and didn't sleep with other guys". The entire point is meaningless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But if we all agree the B teams can have 3 studs. Then B team parents can feel better cuz I'm sure their sons are the studs. Justifies B team status if you believe it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But if we all agree the B teams can have 3 studs. Then B team parents can feel better cuz I'm sure their sons are the studs. Justifies B team status if you believe it.

At least those boys are on the field earning "stud Status" not like your son who sits on the bench all season, but at least he can walk around school with his A team attire and think he's an "A" player (until high school lax start).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But your son would switch places with him in a heart beat. He wants that A team swag so bad he can taste it
Oh and the only reason my son doesn't start on his A team is BC I won't suck up to coach like other daddies. On ability, he'd never leave field.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But your son would switch places with him in a heart beat. He wants that A team swag so bad he can taste it
Oh and the only reason my son doesn't start on his A team is BC I won't suck up to coach like other daddies. On ability, he'd never leave field.

That post is pathetic.

The problem with studs on B-level teams is that, while they likely have the ability to play for the top clubs (though not start... if they were good enough to start, realistically, they would be on the team), it's tough to bump an equal kid who's been there awhile. I'll also say that those top tier clubs have A LOT of boys who play minimal minutes. That's the issue. Do you want low minutes in games and highly efficient practices (no one dropping the ball, high reps, etc..)? Or do you want high minutes (30+ minutes in a 40 minute game) and less efficient practices? There are very few boys on the top 5 teams that have the luxury of both. Probably 15-20 players on the grade level. If your son is lucky enough to be one of them, then you're exactly where you want to be. If not, that's a decision that you need to make. We all know that these clubs are not getting any less expensive. Personally, I'd rather not spend a weekend traveling to Maryland and renting a hotel just to watch my son ride the bench. I think playing time is a premium over all else, but that's just my opinion. There are plenty of clubs on LI, you just need to find the best one for your kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The reason your son don't start is because he can't and he never will because of the reason you mentioned. You are only concerned with the swag that comes along being on a A team, not developing as a player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Naw. I don't have to kiss butt for my son to start. Eventually AJ will coach his sons B team and the new coach will go by skills. Channy told me so when I paid the next 4 years in advance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bengals don't even have a team...they are all girls teams these days..the others we will see how they turn out this spring. Some had a solid Fall, some did not.

A and B isn't so clear cut either. Is it an A team with kids that were "left back" or is it an A team with legitimate kids playing their age? Some of these teams when playing their own age can compete with so called A team- when you mix in the "left backs" not so much.

I have a son that plays on one of the teams mentioned and I have friends with kids on some of the other ones. I don't think any of them except for maybe Empire and Ducks which is owned by one of the Big 3 claim they are. I think the others strive to get there and may, but I think their goals are getting twisted into saying they consider themselves an A team.

When it's all said and done its about how your kid improved or didn't improve. People don't realize your kid may be an "A" player in 7th, but once everyone else hits puberty they get left in the dust. There's a lot of time to grow and improve, even when they get to high school and beyond. It's about fun and an experience - no one is getting drafted out of high school for multi million dollar contracts and half the kids committing early aren't even getting the full rides people believe they are...

These are the same teams in every age group that claims to be an A team and none of them are. Every time they play the top teams in every age group they get beat by a lot. No reason why anyone should believe this year age group is any different.

The suspense is killing me!!!!!!!!!!

Bengals
Hitmen
Recon
Ducks
True Blue
Express D
Empire

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You dope. That list wasn't serious.

Bengals don't even have a team...they are all girls teams these days..the others we will see how they turn out this spring. Some had a solid Fall, some did not.

A and B isn't so clear cut either. Is it an A team with kids that were "left back" or is it an A team with legitimate kids playing their age? Some of these teams when playing their own age can compete with so called A team- when you mix in the "left backs" not so much.

I have a son that plays on one of the teams mentioned and I have friends with kids on some of the other ones. I don't think any of them except for maybe Empire and Ducks which is owned by one of the Big 3 claim they are. I think the others strive to get there and may, but I think their goals are getting twisted into saying they consider themselves an A team.

When it's all said and done its about how your kid improved or didn't improve. People don't realize your kid may be an "A" player in 7th, but once everyone else hits puberty they get left in the dust. There's a lot of time to grow and improve, even when they get to high school and beyond. It's about fun and an experience - no one is getting drafted out of high school for multi million dollar contracts and half the kids committing early aren't even getting the full rides people believe they are...

These are the same teams in every age group that claims to be an A team and none of them are. Every time they play the top teams in every age group they get beat by a lot. No reason why anyone should believe this year age group is any different.

The suspense is killing me!!!!!!!!!!

Bengals
Hitmen
Recon
Ducks
True Blue
Express D
Empire

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fellas is it really to hard to believe that a kid not on 90+1, Igloo, Express are excellent players and can care less the name of the team they play. Is it possible that some of these kids can really play the game but want to play with there friends. Is it possible that there parent wants his kid to be happy and lets him decide what team he plays on. I know for a fact that a kid tried out for two of the three teams mentioned and made them both and he decided to play on a B as you guys described. So for the dope that stated your kid really wants the A team swag needs to get his head examined. Your thought process is very warped. A lot of the parents on here need a reality check and realize what this forum is about. Good luck to all the kids in there upcoming Spring season. Happy Holidays!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem is most of these parents have never played a sport and if they did it was not at a high level. Don't you know that every kid on the best team is better than all the kids on the second best team and so on. Also all the kids on the second best team dream about playing on the best team. One more thing if one team beats another that means that every kid on the winning team is better than all the kids they just beat and the team that lost that first game could never beat that winning team if they play again. The winning team is always ranked higher despite their record against common opponents. Sounds crazy but parents do think this way.

Fellas is it really to hard to believe that a kid not on 90+1, Igloo, Express are excellent players and can care less the name of the team they play. Is it possible that some of these kids can really play the game but want to play with there friends. Is it possible that there parent wants his kid to be happy and lets him decide what team he plays on. I know for a fact that a kid tried out for two of the three teams mentioned and made them both and he decided to play on a B as you guys described. So for the dope that stated your kid really wants the A team swag needs to get his head examined. Your thought process is very warped. A lot of the parents on here need a reality check and realize what this forum is about. Good luck to all the kids in there upcoming Spring season. Happy Holidays!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All I can say is 'Wow!!'
Really!?!? You willingly just described yourself as king [lacrosse]!!
Belittling 6th grade boys because they don't have as cool as sweatshirt as your son while he rides the bench.

Maybe, just maybe, there are parents who realize dropping close to $5K or more on a season of lacrosse in 6th grade is insane, especially to not play. But I'm glad to know that IF your coach made decisions on talent, that your son would play every single minute (of course he would -- he is your son!! wouldn't expect anything less)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree with everything you wrote up above.
I'm sure that more than half the time, people just leave comments like that just to start controversy since 99% of comments here are left anonymously.

Oh, and just so everyone is aware. My son is not on one of those 3 clubs, and from the sounds of it, he is better off by staying away. The positive for him with his club is that he is playing, learning, improving AND having fun - which is the only thing that I care about for him. Oh yeah, AND he still had time to play football this fall and hockey this winter.

- Proud Bluefish Parent

PS - Hope the grammar police doesn't come after you for the improper use of 'there'

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure that more than half the time, people just leave comments like that just to start controversy since 99% of comments here are left anonymously.

Oh, and just so everyone is aware. My son is not on one of those 3 clubs, and from the sounds of it, he is better off by staying away. The positive for him with his club is that he is playing, learning, improving AND having fun - which is the only thing that I care about for him. Oh yeah, AND he still had time to play football this fall and hockey this winter.

- Proud Bluefish Parent

PS - Hope the grammar police doesn't come after you for the improper use of 'there'

Dear Bluefish parent
With all due respect if your sons playing Bluefish he couldn't sniff a spot on any of the top teams and my son is NOT on one of the either. Regardless of what people try to say there is a VERY LARGEdifference from Bandits then to next two Igloo and exp If yours son is comfortable enjoy it but to be fair there is a Big difference HappyHolidays

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

- Proud Bluefish Parent

Dear Bluefish parent
With all due respect if your sons playing Bluefish he couldn't sniff a spot on any of the top teams and my son is NOT on one of the either. Regardless of what people try to say there is a VERY LARGEdifference from Bandits then to next two Igloo and exp If yours son is comfortable enjoy it but to be fair there is a Big difference HappyHolidays

Agree. Never said there wasn't a gap. My point was that we found a club where my son is having fun and improving his game. The club is a fit for what we were looking for.
And he was still able to play other sports in other seasons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son also plays for BlueFish. The coaching is excellent and he gets a ton of playing time and improving greatly. He is having fun and is so happy. You can keep the toxicity at the above mentioned clubs., along with the winning t-shirts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bluefish is a very good C team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bluefish is a very good C team

Such a dumb comment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A BCD, the normal parents that aren't living through there children don't care what level their son's team is. Kid is happy, he is playing, he's getting good coaching and getting better. Sold

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I was in Lax Un-Ltd the other day and talking to the kid that worked there. He said he is a senior in HS and is going to Yale next year (Good for him). Guess what club team he played on 90+1- NO, Igloo- NO, Express- NO, he played for True Blue. Can you believe it a kid from TB is going to a great Ivy League school. Can the fathers out there believe it the kid didn't play on the so called AAAAAA teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly. ....but wait, here come the blow hards to brag about their son's A team. By the way, the college coaches Do Not care that your kid won a t-shirt for a tournament in 6th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not that surprising. I know several kids that are playing D1 that never even played club ball. It's not necessary. My guy plays because he likes it, not for scholarships.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I was in Lax Un-Ltd the other day and talking to the kid that worked there. He said he is a senior in HS and is going to Yale next year (Good for him). Guess what club team he played on 90+1- NO, Igloo- NO, Express- NO, he played for True Blue. Can you believe it a kid from TB is going to a great Ivy League school. Can the fathers out there believe it the kid didn't play on the so called AAAAAA teams.

True Blue has 16 DI players between the '16 and '17 classes out of 51 boys playing or committed to playing college lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great points by all above. Colleges don't care what travel team the kid plays on especially in 3rd, 4th , 5th etc... I'm happy for all the parents that had stud players at 8,9,10 years old and even more happier that they won tournaments,that's great. Wait until your kids hit puberty some will get better, some wont and some may stop playing that's called life. If your kid is a player he will be recruited. Like so many sane people have posted in the past as long as your son is getting better, playing and most importantly having fun that's all that should matter to a parent. I guarantee you 9 out of 10 boys could give a crap what team they are on. The reason its even an issue is what there crazy parents feed them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And another of his TB teammates is also going to Yale!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True Blue has 16 DI players between the '16 and '17 classes out of 51 boys playing or committed to playing college lacrosse.

Anyone can play at Manhattan, St Josephs, Hartford, etc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your a fool if you beleive that any kid can play at those schools..probably the most ignorant comment this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At Manhattan, all you need to make the team is your own stick.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Besides your comment being just dumb on its face, it's convenient that you ignored the 9 of those 16 boys that are going to 'legit' programs:

Yale (2)
Hofstra
Army (2)
Navy
Maryland (2)
Lehigh

Your use of "etc" implied that most were going to DI programs you deem insignificant. And St Joe's isn't even on the list for their commits! And of the programs you belittle, I know of at least 2 - 3 boys (none were TB alums) playing in some of those programs that had offers to play at top programs, but chose these schools over those for logistical/proximity reasons other than for lacrosse reasons. So, don't assume that lacrosse is the sole decision factors for where someone goes, and there are many upper tier D III academic schools stealing DI lacrosse players based upon their pedigree - 99.9% of all elite lacrosse players know that lacrosse is never going to provide for anything after school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Besides your comment being just dumb on its face, it's convenient that you ignored the 9 of those 16 boys that are going to 'legit' programs:

Yale (2)
Hofstra
Army (2)
Navy
Maryland (2)
Lehigh

Your use of "etc" implied that most were going to DI programs you deem insignificant. And St Joe's isn't even on the list for their commits! And of the programs you belittle, I know of at least 2 - 3 boys (none were TB alums) playing in some of those programs that had offers to play at top programs, but chose these schools over those for logistical/proximity reasons other than for lacrosse reasons. So, don't assume that lacrosse is the sole decision factors for where someone goes, and there are many upper tier D III academic schools stealing DI lacrosse players based upon their pedigree - 99.9% of all elite lacrosse players know that lacrosse is never going to provide for anything after school.

Wow, hold on a minute Joe Cat Jr wanna be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is on one of the so called "big three". As we all know, playing on any team isn't always about talent. It's also about connections, money, etc. Most of the time tryouts are BS and teams are not looking to take on new players, they are just looking to line their pockets. There are a lot of great lacrosse players on Long Island competing for numerous teams.Some dont even play travel at all. I agree, 90+1, Express and Igloo all have talented players, but a jersey or club doesn't necessarily determine your lacrosse talent. As these kids get older the gap between teams will continue to narrow. Some kids will burn out and some will continue to strive for success. The parents on here puffing their chests out about what team their 12 year old plays on while at the same time disparaging others, are the same people that were toolbags in HS and continue to live vicariously through their children. If you and your child are happy with your program stay put. Good luck and Happy Holidays to all!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting to note the original core of this TB team played for the Express, one of the Express parents created True Blue taking a handful of kids with them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOW MANY CLUBS TEAMS WOULD YOU SAY ARE ON LONG ISLAND NOW????? 70????? 60????????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is on one of the so called "big three". As we all know, playing on any team isn't always about talent. It's also about connections, money, etc. Most of the time tryouts are BS and teams are not looking to take on new players, they are just looking to line their pockets. There are a lot of great lacrosse players on Long Island competing for numerous teams.Some dont even play travel at all. I agree, 90+1, Express and Igloo all have talented players, but a jersey or club doesn't necessarily determine your lacrosse talent. As these kids get older the gap between teams will continue to narrow. Some kids will burn out and some will continue to strive for success. The parents on here puffing their chests out about what team their 12 year old plays on while at the same time disparaging others, are the same people that were toolbags in HS and continue to live vicariously through their children. If you and your child are happy with your program stay put. Good luck and Happy Holidays to all!

My kid just turned 11 2 months ago. Your kid is 12? He must play for Igloo.

Page 37 of 102 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard