BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,910
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 130 of 133 1 2 128 129 130 131 132 133
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s a math problem. If you have budgeted 80k to spend on your daughter’s education (a large sum of money being the median household income in the US is less than 75k) and she’s really good at lacrosse. Do you spend it at a private high school where she excels and gets into a top university and, even after athletic scholarships, has to take 20k of loans a year; or do you send her to a good public HS, where she excels and gets into the same university. You then use that 80k to pay for her college and she starts her professional life off debt free.

If money is not an issue a private school makes perfect sense, if it is an issue, then sending to a good public high school (all the schools we’re talking about) is a smart decision.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we please return the conversation back to the sport and playoffs? Clearly this discussion is going nowhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where’s the dad with the Vegas lines for the semis?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Ahhh the bat-signal shining through the notIntelligent public vs. private debate. I did have lines drafted for last round, but didn't post them due to the lack of replies. The lone reply, GCS moneyline, lost but that was a perfect line (BMS -0.5). I didn't expect St. Mary's to bounce back so well from their loss to Mercy.

The lines last round were going to be McD -7.5 (covered), MV -9 (did not cover), SPSG -4.5 (did not cover), AS -1.5 (covered). Not bad. Next round coming up soon, but one of the lines is easy. The Battle of Brooklandville will most likely be won by one goal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And public’s school pages are filled with community college acceptances sooo.. put your money where your mouth is.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And public’s school pages are filled with community college acceptances sooo.. put your money where your mouth is.

Spoken like a true entitled private school parent.
detest to break this news to you, but not everyone can afford private school. It’s nothing to be ashamed of. So I’m not sure why you feel the need to shame. Constantly. There are thousands of public school kids who go on to high-level division one programs, mid division one programs, low level division one programs, high-level division three programs, all sorts of programs. There are thousands of kids who graduate from high school and go to a junior college and then go onto those high-level division one programs. I also know a lot of parents who went to public school who hold better jobs, have better homes, and living a much better life than a ton of people I know who went to private school. So please, tell me what your point is in putting down people who don’t go to private school. I’ll wait.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on your grammar, I would say you have experience

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it’s important to understand that private school offers so much more than sports. When parent(s) come on here and try to diminish private, telling the world they could’ve saved money and attended public, that too is offensive. Private school has left an indelible mark on my children’s life, far greater than sports has. To me, it’s worth the money. I don’t care what you decide to do for your daughter, more power to you. But don’t suggest I could’ve “saved the money” then get offended when people retort.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it’s important to understand that private school offers so much more than sports. When parent(s) come on here and try to diminish private, telling the world they could’ve saved money and attended public, that too is offensive. Private school has left an indelible mark on my children’s life, far greater than sports has. To me, it’s worth the money. I don’t care what you decide to do for your daughter, more power to you. But don’t suggest I could’ve “saved the money” then get offended when people retort.

Interesting you have perspective on how public school has left indelible marks our our children's lives. Amazing insight you have on others beyond your own. Amazing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wish we could put this argument to rest but you keep making statements like the one above so i keep looking to see if they're valid and they're not. I looked at four good public high schools - one in Harford Co, one in HoCo and two in Balto county. Their acceptance pages are filled with the same exact colleges as the privates i looked at. They're not filled with community colleges. Did you even bother to look before you posted?

Parents of public school kids - leave the private parents alone. Parents of private kids - leave the public parents alone. Use lacrosse to get in the best school that you want to attend. Just do what is best for your family. There's plenty of struggling public schools- if your kid is at a high performing public achool where they have their pick of college that's great. Just enjoy and consider yourself lucky and don't worry where others send their kids. If you can afford a private school consider yourself lucky too. Don't disparage others who go another route. This discussion is futile

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really don't think private vs. public really matters in girls lacrosse in regards to where kids are going to college... its all about club & going to prospect days...
I have not seen many college coaches any hs games lately...do you?

Here are UMD recruits for 2024 and 2025 classes... to me it looks like more public than private. 2024 class more privates, 2025 class more publics

Megan MacMurray 2024 PA Hill School UltGoal A D1 Maryland
Mia Raucci 2024 PA Garnet Valley NXT A D1 Maryland
Shelby Sullivan 2024 MD CM Wright NEMS A D1 Maryland
Julia Ward 2024 MD John Carroll SkyWalkers G D1 Maryland
Lydia Ward 2024 MD John Carroll SkyWalkers M D1 Maryland
Ava Kitt 2024 OR IMG National 3D M D1 Maryland
Devin Livingston 2024 NY Victor Monster M D1 Maryland
Emma Abbazia 2024 CT Greenwich HS CT Grizzlies M D1 Maryland
Kayla Gilmore 2024 NY William Floyd LI TopGuns M D1 Maryland
Megan Kenny 2024 NY St Anthonys LI Legacy M D1 Maryland
Releigh McEnroe 2024 NY Yorktown PrimeTime D D1 Maryland

Ryan Reynolds 2025 NY Cold Spring Harbor LI Elite M D1 Maryland
Lyla Ingrilli 2025 NY Wantagh LI TopGuns D D1 Maryland
Sofia Herrera 2025 MD St Pauls SG M&D M D1 Maryland
Kylie Lamoureux 2025 NY Rocky Point LI TopGuns/Elite M D1 Maryland
Sawyer Scarola 2025 NY Harborfields LI TopGuns/Elite M D1 Maryland
Ava Meyn 2025 NY Bayport-Blue Point LI Elite M D1 Maryland
Catie Holmes 2025 PA Agnes Irwin Big 4 HHH M D1 Maryland
Tatum Woods 2025 NJ Cherry Hill West AA Aim M D1 Maryland
Leah Miller 2025 MD South Carroll Heros M D1 Maryland

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all due respect to Public vs Private, Long Island, and NY in general, is not really a lot of Private schools, mostly Public so if a team has a lot of LI kids, its going to skew the data a bit.

UMD's 2019 National Championship team had 16 players from IAAM alone. Good bad indifferent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a Maryland ignorant thing..that's all. As we all know, in Maryland, when people ask you where you went to school, it's high school!! If you're public and you finally get around in a conversation of misquoting your college, not your high school, you get the disparaging look of disgust that you are in fact a "public school" kid. Ewww gross.

It's a funny nuance of Maryland's culture and once you leave this state, it's irrelevant. Us public school people just laugh and play your funny game "where did you go to HIGH SCHOOL?" as it's your social standing, gain entry card. Again, we are talking about high school, lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a Maryland ignorant thing..that's all. As we all know, in Maryland, when people ask you where you went to school, it's high school!! If you're public and you finally get around in a conversation of misquoting your college, not your high school, you get the disparaging look of disgust that you are in fact a "public school" kid. Ewww gross.

It's a funny nuance of Maryland's culture and once you leave this state, it's irrelevant. Us public school people just laugh and play your funny game "where did you go to HIGH SCHOOL?" as it's your social standing, gain entry card. Again, we are talking about high school, lol.
I live in Maryland. My kids are in private school, and this is spot on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all due respect to Public vs Private, Long Island, and NY in general, is not really a lot of Private schools, mostly Public so if a team has a lot of LI kids, its going to skew the data a bit.

UMD's 2019 National Championship team had 16 players from IAAM alone. Good bad indifferent.

UMD is your example?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2019 UMD team did not have 16 IAAM girls.

https://umterps.com/sports/womens-lacrosse/roster/2019

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only a Terp would use an in-state school as an example.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many daddy evaluators will be on the fields this year at AA tryouts? Do colleges put that much emphasis on being selected since it’s so political in our area? Has it always been like this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many daddy evaluators will be on the fields this year at AA tryouts? Do colleges put that much emphasis on being selected since it’s so political in our area? Has it always been like this?
Dads and moms. Yes it has always been like this. And it shows year after year in the final roster. Stop giving your money to these events, start going to the schools of your interest and doing their prospect days and putting your money towards that. Speaking from experience here. If you are not in with the right mom or dad, don’t spend your money on the tryout events. It’s as easy as that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't it really all about what they do when they graduate from college? Did mommy and daddy hand them money and a job after graduation or are they out working, making a living and being a productive person.
Lacrosse is a mere pimple on your a_ _ in comparison to life. Go to the best college that suits you so you can set your future family up for success! Plenty of young ladies who didn't even play lacrosse at both a private and public school who are doing very very well in society. NOW if your trying to live your past failures through you daughters life, that's a whole different issue and you personally have bigger problems.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IAAM Final four w/ great story lines

Maryvale vs SPSG in battle of the falls road and coaches who have long admired each other. If you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying! Especially with such young teams. Flop till you drop.

It’s a class battle on the sidelines between arrogant quarter zips of McD vs the wave of red excuse makers at Spalding. Another round of overrated coaches with superb senior talent. Such genius

Can’t wait for the finals
Go Garrison!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IAAM Final four w/ great story lines

Maryvale vs SPSG in battle of the falls road and coaches who have long admired each other. If you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying! Especially with such young teams. Flop till you drop.

It’s a class battle on the sidelines between arrogant quarter zips of McD vs the wave of red excuse makers at Spalding. Another round of overrated coaches with superb senior talent. Such genius

Can’t wait for the finals
Go Garrison!

SPSG with the revenge win. Grandmas are yelled at and goalies will drop the gloves.

McD by 8

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2019 UMD team did not have 16 IAAM girls.

https://umterps.com/sports/womens-lacrosse/roster/2019

13 sorry. Glenelg is not Glenelg Country. Point still stands.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will be going to watch Maryvale v SPSG today with no dog in the fight. I am hoping to see a great game. Any specific players to watch?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spsg parents schedule.
Pickle ball at 10.
Valley inn for lunch.
Home to shower
Back to valley inn
Show up to tailgate at 3pm Maryvale parking lot.
Stand next to fence for good yelling opportunity
Watch coach talk to refs and tell them to watch the other team cause they act all the time.
Watch spsg coaches stand right next to each other the whole game holding hands.
Yell at refs for every call cause they never foul.
After game back to Valley Inn.

I do think spsg wins by 8.
I have Spalding by 2 in other game. Loss of their sr attack will really hurt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The dreaded Valley Inn attack. Sounds like someone needs a place of their own to hang out- and possibly a hug.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
https://loyolagreyhounds.com/sports/womens-lacrosse/roster
2024 Roster
6 MD Public 5 MD IAAM

MD public school girls' lacrosse is pretty good, and it's included in your property taxes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spsg parents schedule.
Pickle ball at 10.
Valley inn for lunch.
Home to shower
Back to valley inn
Watch coach talk to refs and tell them to watch the other team cause they act all the time.

Attack on MCD hurt?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 Roster
6 MD Public 5 MD IAAM

MD public school girls' lacrosse is pretty good, and it's included in your property taxes.

How many of those public kids play? 1 ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spsg parents schedule.
Pickle ball at 10.
Valley inn for lunch.
Home to shower
Back to valley inn

Attack on MCD hurt?
Midfielder

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Attack on MCD hurt?[/quote]
Midfielder[/quote]

Cmon she really is an attack. They only have 1 other good attack left, the VT commit

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 Roster
6 MD Public 5 MD IAAM

Worst retort ever. Who cares how much they play. The commenter was pointing out who made it. It's about opportunities

Once you're there then it becomes who's better equipped to help.

Do you really think the coach looks at what high school you came from once you're there...and thinks hmmm...the private kid (or public) should get first option because of their high school team? Child please

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spsg parents schedule.
Pickle ball at 10.
Valley inn for lunch.
Home to shower
Back to valley inn

Attack on MCD hurt?
Midfielder
Defender

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 Roster
6 MD Public 5 MD IAAM

Are you aware of the amount of private that don't play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Attack on MCD hurt?
Midfielder[/quote]

Cmon she really is an attack. They only have 1 other good attack left, the VT commit[/quote]

Upenn

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will be going to watch Maryvale v SPSG today with no dog in the fight. I am hoping to see a great game. Any specific players to watch?

no. no one good by some standards on here wink

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

McD -2.5
MV -0.5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spsg parents schedule.

Nice work...almost nailed game 1. Hope no grandmas took any shrapnel today.

At the half, game 2 could be in your ballpark too! I had McD but discounted their injury loss...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Valley Inn is hoppin....SPSG beat up Maryvale

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MG proves again that she is the best coach the IAAM has ever had.

Like Reply Quote
Page 130 of 133 1 2 128 129 130 131 132 133
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard