BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,735
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 35 of 220 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are not a town team then, and shouldn't represent Middle Country, use a different name.......and then you can take girls from 10 different towns

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So the guy from MC stacks a team with kids from TG 2019 Black and throws in 2 from his town team so he can say that it's not a true TG team?

If that's what he did, he took a page out of the YJ book smile

And he even had a few YJ players on the team too!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop the whining already. I believe the MC 2019 group is comprised of many kids that happen to play Top Gun. Does that mean they can not play outside of Top Guns as a town team and invite a few other travel players? The team was far from being "stacked". I believe only half of the MC squad that day was from Top Guns. I'm sure the MC group enjoyed a fun day of lacrosse - good for them!

Yes, tha tis exactly what iut means they ant play outside of TG as a town team - are the majority from one town (veered off here). Call the team what you want but dont call it a town team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen what are we saying here.

Is it right to pull players - im not sure, but understand if you pull a majority of players from a team and leave some behind, you may cause a rift.

But also understand if a certain % of a team is not from a town, dont register it as a town team either. (same goes if you dont have a % of the travel team dont call it the travel team name).

But anyone doing this (the right or wrong way) will only be looked upon favorably by those invited and scourned by those left out. (and dotn forget about those who flip flop depending on their invitiation status).

That too is life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So here is the problem, my daughter was asked and is playing with a partial group made of a TG team. As I understand they will be wearing the TG uniform and I guess calling themselves TG. I don't know if the entire team was asked to participate, but it is only about half the roster going. Maybe the other half were asked and had other commitments???? Not knowing how team was asked and not really wanting to know, I still feel bad if anyone was left out. With this issue exploding here on BOTC, and since these tournaments are really not offical TG set up events, I would rather have the team entered as something other than TG and not wear the uniform. Then to make matters worse, after committing the town coach brings up thoughts of entering tournament. Can't win situation.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop the whining already. I believe the MC 2019 group is comprised of many kids that happen to play Top Gun. Does that mean they can not play outside of Top Guns as a town team and invite a few other travel players? The team was far from being "stacked". I believe only half of the MC squad that day was from Top Guns. I'm sure the MC group enjoyed a fun day of lacrosse - good for them!

Yes, tha tis exactly what iut means they ant play outside of TG as a town team - are the majority from one town (veered off here). Call the team what you want but dont call it a town team.

But everyone or at least 90% of players are from mc. I don't see the. Problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is an honest post. The parent/coach who put this together and asked the kids to wear their TG uniform is an idiot. That is a huge mistake. Understand, he went over the top. He picked who he liked from the roster and after all, who is he. He should be ashamed. This parent is tearing apart a team not even known yet. I bet his daughter is playing and he is trying to create an environment for her to succeed and shine in front of TG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is getting old and is one of those WGAS subjects.

The poor guy tried to do a good thing for his kids and is getting his butt kicked. Let's move on and discuss something a little bit more productive.

Can anyone who has played in the Hofstra tournament tell me what it was like last year and what to expect? Previous posters have said it was terrible, is that true?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A true town team is just that, it is a team comprised of girls that have played for their town for years together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The poor guy tried to do a good thing for his kids and is getting his butt kicked. Let's move on and discuss something a little bit more productive.

Can anyone who has played in the Hofstra tournament tell me what it was like last year and what to expect? Previous posters have said it was terrible, is that true?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whats mc?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your post shows the problem,either you do not know the facts or are embarrassed by the facts.Not even close to 90 % were from MC.Then again not sure why anyone cares they barely even played teams their age mostly playing younger yj teams and probably gave the yj teams their most competitive games all for a good cause.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they didn't wear TG or MC colors, then it's no problem. The guy put together a fall team, whats the big deal. Maybe should have uesd a different name, but this wasn't PAL or SCGL sanctioned, so who gives a F@#K. Give it a rest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah poor guy, except should have been for his kid not kids and definately not for his kids team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just to make sure everyone gets the story straight; this was a Middle Country town team that invited three friends to play with us. We had 15 girls on the squad, of which only three were not Middle Country girls. The MC team had YJ and TG players because five Top Gun players and three Yellow Jacket players are from Middle Country and play for the MC town team. For this past tournament they also included five girls from Middle Country team who don't play Club ball yet. It was in no way a TG squad that cherry picked players from TG, "stacked a team," and then went under the auspice of a town team. It is a town team that got asked by a friend to play in a charity tournament. We never thought it would cause such a stir to invite a couple of friends to play with us and we certainly didn’t think for a second anyone would care in the least what we called the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Middle country

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bill's email about the Hofstra tournaments clearly said "Let me know if you have any questions." Have any of you asked him about all this stuff you're talking about on here?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is getting VERY old....Seriously who cares !!!! Its not even a tournament. If you want to be involved get up off your couch...get some girls together and enter a team !!!! Play with your daughters friends and have some fun !!!! and stop thinking that someone else should be taking care of YOUR daughters !!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If that is what you want to think. "did a nice thing".

The road to [lacrosse] is paved with good intentions.

What is WGAS.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

What is WGAS.

Who Gives A [lacrosse]. Which is how I feel about this whole tempest in a teapot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

What is WGAS.

Who Gives A [lacrosse]. Which is how I feel about this whole tempest in a teapot.

Exactly....enough's enough already on this topic!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we PLEASE find a new topic to argue about - this one is getting old and boring!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we PLEASE find a new topic to argue about - this one is getting old and boring!!!

Smith family please post the rosters we want to see our teammates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BOTC does anyone have the girls youth lax tourney schedule for this Saturday at Hofstra? if so can you post it. Thanx

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC does anyone have the girls youth lax tourney schedule for this Saturday at Hofstra? if so can you post it. Thanx
Would love to help but despite numerous BOTC visits to Hofstra's Athletic Facilities, there seems to be an inability or unwillingness to share this information on a regular basis. BOTC is hoping that with Shannon replacing Abby, we might be able to open some new doors here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see TG 2020 has put a team in ,good for them ,a brand new team already building team chemistry before the rosters even come out.Smart move by SS building great team chemistry.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see TG 2020 has put a team in ,good for them ,a brand new team already building team chemistry before the rosters even come out.Smart move by SS building great team chemistry.

There are 2014, 2015, 2016 and a 2016/17 mix playing for TG Sunday. No differentiation between Black or Purple. Relax and enjoy the kids playing lax...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 has a team also-very low turnout of teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where can we find info on teams that are playing and schedules?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Green Hornet says checks have not all been received/cashed. Could it be because the selected YJ girls who made the cut will not be playing for TG?? Sometimes the walls of a school building and whispers to bffs speak volumes. Rosters have not been sent out as a result, and shifts will be made next week along with emails ..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where can we find info on teams that are playing and schedules?

Just call Bill Smith, his number is on the TG website

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2017 team is going by a different nab7me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No they're not, you obviously don't have the schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're right. We have it, and it's Top Guns 2017.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no i have the schedule the 2017 black team is playing under holy house

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top guns 2016/2017 is one team theres another team which is 2017 black playing with the name holy housr.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i Have the Schedule!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
theres 2 teams 2016/2017 and theres a 2017 black team called holy house whos playing sunday in the jv catergory.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're right. We have it, and it's Top Guns 2017.

I wonder if they invited all the kids to play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No its not !

Like Reply Quote
Page 35 of 220 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 219 220