BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,103
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 215 of 215 1 2 213 214 215
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seven teams make the playoffs in division. Not very hard to make the playoffs. Small schools practice all year around. Big difference!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Teams just don't look sharp this year. The girls are not that talented as in years past I feel.

The demographics of Long Island are changing. The talent pool very different from ten years ago. Texas is becoming the hot bed after Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think NJ would like a word w you; obviously, you know nothing about girls HS lax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Class A is not very good. The best teams in A would be lucky to make the playoffs in Class C

🤣 Thank’s for your input dad. Only difference is that some schools have 4-6 D-1 level players, others have 1-2. Sufffok A has 4 good teams that would compete well with any other LI public

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
I think NJ would like a word w you; obviously, you know nothing about girls HS lax

Demographics for NJ changing too. I didn’t mean any offense but talent is coming from a much broader area. As to knowing about HS lacrosse I do track all D1 and D3 players coming out of HS for the NCAA. It’s my post retirement job.

Last edited by baldbear; .
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
B_O_T_C #439051 Yesterday at 10:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course demos are changing but look at top 25 girls HS teams and you’ll see why NJ is a hotbed for GIRLS (boys HS in NJ is another story)

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #439059 Yesterday at 11:12 AM
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Of course demos are changing but look at top 25 girls HS teams and you’ll see why NJ is a hotbed for GIRLS (boys HS in NJ is another story)

I can’t dispute NJ’s quality of HS programs. I’m also looking at raw numbers. NY/NJ metro area still has top notch talent, it’s just less in raw numbers than ten years ago.

St Louis is a huge growth area, as is Indianapolis. Texas as well, which helps that Charlotte North came from Dallas. It’s really, graphically speaking, a flattening curve line spreading where the players are coming from.

An important aside is the 2028 Olympics. This version of the game is not the game we play in the US. It’s a middie game. It will be very interesting the route they go picking the team.

Good luck in your spring championships.

Like Reply Quote
baldbear #439084 Yesterday at 01:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear

I can’t dispute NJ’s quality of HS programs. I’m also looking at raw numbers. NY/NJ metro area still has top notch talent, it’s just less in raw numbers than ten years ago.

St Louis is a huge growth area, as is Indianapolis. Texas as well, which helps that Charlotte North came from Dallas. It’s really, graphically speaking, a flattening curve line spreading where the players are coming from.

An important aside is the 2028 Olympics. This version of the game is not the game we play in the US. It’s a middie game. It will be very interesting the route they go picking the team.

Good luck in your spring championships.

No love for goalies? Dont sleep on rachel hall hailing from outside of H-town

Like Reply Quote
baldbear #439091 Yesterday at 02:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

It's really unfortunate because it's a bastardization of the game....but I suppose you have to take what you can get with hope over time we get the real game into the Olympics

Like Reply Quote
baldbear #439109 Yesterday at 05:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The game is certainly growing, but would put Florida, Colorado, and California ahead of Texas as far as emerging "hotbeds".

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
B_O_T_C #439117 Yesterday at 09:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As we get close to the end of the season, SE girl has separated herself as the best player in Suffolk. Wow! Hope she gets the recognition she deserves and politics don’t real they’re ugly head luke they have in past!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #439124 14 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SE kid put up her numbers against sub par competition......take a look at the schedule. She is phenomenal player, but to say she is head and shoulders above other top players is just not accurate

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #439154 9 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SE kid put up her numbers against sub par competition......take a look at the schedule. She is phenomenal player, but to say she is head and shoulders above other top players is just not accurate

They all play the same teams. Pretty sure all the top goal scores put up big numbers against weak teams. She is also not “head and shoulders” above some others. However, has shown that she is deserving of the top player in Suffolk county this year. Only one other that is in the running who lost draws badly whenever she went against good competition.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #439171 4 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They all play the same teams. Pretty sure all the top goal scores put up big numbers against weak teams. She is also not “head and shoulders” above some others. However, has shown that she is deserving of the top player in Suffolk county this year. Only one other that is in the running who lost draws badly whenever she went against good competition.

Spot on, all of it.

Like Reply Quote
Page 215 of 215 1 2 213 214 215
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard