BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,803
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 40 of 44 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Hey Moron. What don't you get. NY didn't set the age requirements on this tournament. As far as rostered players, the players are exactly what was sent it at registration. That is called a roster you simpleton.
The real question is, why wasn't there a legit Maryland team that was entered... Let me help you...Because your 2021 teams are loaded with players that ARE NOT eligible because they are too old."

This what you are missing. Long Island's lax rules were not handed down with the 10 commandments. Outside of NY no one cares about your cutoff dates. What you don't get is when you apply the L.I. Rules to DOBs and "what grade" a kid should be in outside of NY you act as if the rest of the country should genuflect. We don't.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The truth is Maryland and other states are lucky Long Island has a late cutoff date. They can't beat Long Island even with older kids. Most would rather play older kids and have a closer game and lose than play the same age kids and win 10-0. Let them send 14 and 15 year olds to play Long Island 12 and 13 year olds. It is the only way they can compete and they know it. That is why they do it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"Hey Moron. What don't you get. NY didn't set the age requirements on this tournament. As far as rostered players, the players are exactly what was sent it at registration. That is called a roster you simpleton.
The real question is, why wasn't there a legit Maryland team that was entered... Let me help you...Because your 2021 teams are loaded with players that ARE NOT eligible because they are too old."

This what you are missing. Long Island's lax rules were not handed down with the 10 commandments. Outside of NY no one cares about your cutoff dates. What you don't get is when you apply the L.I. Rules to DOBs and "what grade" a kid should be in outside of NY you act as if the rest of the country should genuflect. We don't.

Your simpleton argument makes no sense. So all kids from Maryland were too old for WSYL? Kids are born 14 years old in MD? I'm sure a team could have been put together for this event, maybe nobody thought it was worthwhile, after all there are plenty of high quality tournaments in Maryland, that's why all the LI players will spend the rest of the summer on the Jersey TPK, as soon as fly back from Colorado where they play each other!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A note to LI Clubs....please do not go out of state until more out of state teams attend LI tourneys on a more frequent and consistent basis.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your simpleton argument makes no sense. So all kids from Maryland were too old for WSYL? Kids are born 14 years old in MD? I'm sure a team could have been put together for this event, maybe nobody thought it was worthwhile, after all there are plenty of high quality tournaments in Maryland, that's why all the LI players will spend the rest of the summer on the Jersey TPK, as soon as fly back from Colorado where they play each other!

The real truth is that the teams were stacked and made for the World series. Neither 91 or the real 2021 Greyhound team would have gotten as far if they didn't put players from Crush and Taz on the team. The 7th graders from both teams barely got any points and the older kids seemed to dominate. I watched the World Series and everyone DIDN'T play. No rules were broken, but would the outcome have been the same if they took the REAL teams that play for that year? Igloo used the same team that they have played with all year, they did not add members and create a new team they used the people they had. I'm not saying that Igloo has older kids on the team, all I'm saying is that a team was not created to play in the World Series. Congratulations to the winners, no matter what anyone says Zummo can truly spot talent and created a team that had some truly gifted players.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like it or Not its play to win!
Your money $ spent means nothing over ratings , its a bizz and unfortunately Most of you parents think by paying tuition to play travel your son is entitled to get equal playtime or any if that. The better on a team will play more , the bottom 10 or 12 will be lucky they get to take a sip from a water bottle during a competitive situation. Parents are really clueless when it comes to this. You shall see this from the start , if your son regresses during the season its not the organizations fault for this matter , Not saying its right but this has and always will be the way in sports competition youth and HS / College

The real truth is that the teams were stacked and made for the World series. Neither 91 or the real 2021 Greyhound team would have gotten as far if they didn't put players from Crush and Taz on the team. The 7th graders from both teams barely got any points and the older kids seemed to dominate. I watched the World Series and everyone DIDN'T play. No rules were broken, but would the outcome have been the same if they took the REAL teams that play for that year? Igloo used the same team that they have played with all year, they did not add members and create a new team they used the people they had. I'm not saying that Igloo has older kids on the team, all I'm saying is that a team was not created to play in the World Series. Congratulations to the winners, no matter what anyone says Zummo can truly spot talent and created a team that had some truly gifted players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to Igloo for bringing their 2021 team and making it to the finals!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that why LI Express, Icon, etc were at the Crab Tourney this past weekend in MD? Because the tournaments are inferior. Well they went home empty handed so what say you now. I guess the inferior teams in the inferior tournament some how found a way around the juggernaut L.I. Teams.

What a ship fools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry but no gifted players on that team. Maybe the FOGO. The rest are older then most of the rest. No great dodging , passes where bad , shots were selfish and desperate. Better games this weekend at NXT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were not very many inferior teams at the Crab tourney, Icon beat Crabs, Looneys MD and lost in OT to a Philly team with kids from Sons and Messa, very good games and thought Icon played real good, not sure were you are coming from that they did not show very well.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bethesda is the real deal. Big and very talented. They beat Crabs at the NLF and made the quarters at WSYL only to lose to Mad Dog in OT. Mad Dog beat Igloo the day before.
Let's not get silly Bethesda is a sold team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All you did with this post is prove the Long Island parent's post because age was not checked at the Crabs tournament and Long Island still did well and Maryland teams did not. When ages are check and Maryland wins then you can make a post like this.

Is that why LI Express, Icon, etc were at the Crab Tourney this past weekend in MD? Because the tournaments are inferior. Well they went home empty handed so what say you now. I guess the inferior teams in the inferior tournament some how found a way around the juggernaut L.I. Teams.

What a ship fools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The point referenced was inferior tournaments and teams in Maryland. See earlier post. My counter point is if the Maryland tournaments are so below most of you L.I. parents/teams then A. Don't come B your teams should win every tournament. Neither happens.

Ignorant statements with the lack of factual information makes certain L.I. Parents look likes fools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes some of us L.I. parents look LIKE fools but some throw a hook in the water to see who bites. Not all Maryland parents are tool bags just like all L.I. Parents are not jack asses. Why entertain the people looking to stir the pot. Maryland has their rules regarding age as does New [lacrosse]. Until you have a governing body to enforce the rules and age requirements of all these teams nothing will change. But in the meantime "Fish on".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you see the word MOST? Which infers not all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo what happened.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mesa happened

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does Mesa beat Igloo then get smoked by 88+3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
igloo dead we played too much lacrosse this sumemer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you see the word MOST? Which infers not all.

Thanks for clearing that up tool bag.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The igloo defense is over worked and under paid. They have been the saving grace to aa’s mediocre offense this season.
Their passing and value of the ball is horrible at best! Kid’s on the offense hanging their heads, middies not hustling back to defense and the attackmen proving at best to give an average ride.

Mesa had their number today and aa should be lucky it ended the way it did as 88+3 would of given it to them hard and fast and aa would of left the field in a fit of rage sucking his thumb making up some excuse how it happened.

As Rome fell, this may be the end of the once igloo dynasty. I wonder what will be up aa’s sleeve for tryouts and who he removes and sends down to his “b” squad.

Any one of those kids on BI can play for 91, express, legacy and so on and start once aa hits the panic button and starts ejecting those that do not have their nose so far up his royal arse.

Aa, it was a good ride and now move over to the slow lane to get passed!

You should kiss your defense every day for keeping you in these games but they are spent now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great job by the Outlaws, 91 and Igloo for making the semi finals at NXT, which had 30 teams entered in 2021 A. Igloo lost one game, it happens. Mesa is a legit team and a feeder for Haverford. Rather then talking smack about LI teams when many of the players are friends, realize that the best youth lacrosse in the nation is still here on good old LI. Proven again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone see the way the brackets were set up at NXT. The Outlaws were in a bracket with basically B teams, Freedom as well, they had Blaze and Icon in the same bracket which had 6 teams and they had them play each other. Mad Dog did not have to play either of them. They make the playoffs after a tie with Juicy Cherries who Icon beat beat pretty easily. Looney's and Sons in the same bracket as Outlaws and both of those were 2-3 at Crabs while Freedom also 2-3 at Crabs wins their bracket. There were some poor teams in the A division at NXT. I think the Blaze could have beaten Outlaws by more than the 11-0 score not a great showing for a semi match.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island teams did very well. fl$ did well too in pool play. Icon Also did well. Orange never lays off. They fight to the last second no matter what the score and no matter who they are playing. Many don't like that but I for one respect that. The Orange siminfinal game was very chippy. Sticks swinging. I doubt they layed off. It seems the PA teams are coming on strong but those teams are older. There is a lot of talent on Long Island and the quarter and semi finals proved it. In the tournament over all The scores were all over the place. Team A beats team B but then team B beats team C who beat A. That's the way it is when the kids get older. Also there were no B teams plaing in the A bracket. It eases great tournament and vet well run.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are some very talented teams out there. We are now entering the year when the craziness begins. As you we enter tryout time think for a minute. Medals tshirts they mean nothing now. So instead of thinking who beat who and who won what tournament start thinking about the program itself. It doesn't matter if you are ON a top team if you kid doesn't actually PLAY. If your kid is on a Blaze, igloo, express, icon it doesn't matter if they don't see the field. You're child is not getting recruited from the bench. There are many great players out there that don't see the field that might get a better look at the recruiting tournaments on an outlaws because they'll actually play more. Trust me if the team isn't playing your kid now then won't in the fall and they definitely won't be pushing for your kid to get a look. They're still successful getting their top 10 looked at. So as parents put the chest pounding aside and start putting the next year in perspective.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are some very talented teams out there. We are now entering the year when the craziness begins. As you we enter tryout time think for a minute. Medals tshirts they mean nothing now. So instead of thinking who beat who and who won what tournament start thinking about the program itself. It doesn't matter if you are ON a top team if you kid doesn't actually PLAY. If your kid is on a Blaze, igloo, express, icon it doesn't matter if they don't see the field. You're child is not getting recruited from the bench. There are many great players out there that don't see the field that might get a better look at the recruiting tournaments on an outlaws because they'll actually play more. Trust me if the team isn't playing your kid now then won't in the fall and they definitely won't be pushing for your kid to get a look. They're still successful getting their top 10 looked at. So as parents put the chest pounding aside and start putting the next year in perspective.

As a parent of a 2020 player, I agree with this post 100%. If you want your kid to get "looks" they need to be on the field and it really doesn't matter what team you are on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is what happened to Igloo. A few years back when they were destroying everyone parents who had older kids would write on this board that it does not matter what a kid does in grades 4-8. Starting around 9 th grade is when you see what talent a kid has compared to the rest. Igloo kids were older and they were much bigger than most teams. So they would crush everyone. When young kids and teams are better becuase they are older they tend to play to their strength which is size and speed. While that is going on there are hundreds of kids that are not dominating with size and from 4-8 grades they have to play and learn the fundamentals to get better. They also have to fight for every inch on the field. By grade 9 those big kids that were great becuase they were bigger who did not have to fight for every inch on the field in the younger years and older don't look so big and fast anymore because other kids are catching up in size and speed. Problem is those kids who had to learn the fundamentals and not being as big had to fight hard to get playing time are now better players because of what they had to do to get better in the younger years. Now the bigger older kids who can no longer dominate with just size and speed have a difficult time adjusting because they never had to fight hard on the field and have nothing to fall back on when size and strength does not work. They just shoot instead of moving the ball. Only difference is that the super fast shots by middies that scored every time in 7th grade does not work in 8th grade. Igloo will bounce back. However not with this group. Those that can change and play a team game and learn to play against kids who are now the same size will succeed. Unfortunately most will not be able to do that. Igloo is still number one but I'm sure changes will be made.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo 2022 lost to a town team this past weekend. Looks like the lids are catching up there too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If no one speaks of the igloo loss did if ever happen

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the deal with the Jesters this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No deal..Decent team. Went 4=1 at NXT losing in the "B" bracket championship game to a Canadian team. Why do you ask?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The NXT tourney was well run with just a few glitches in the 2021 A bracket. Those minor issues were ironed out without too much of an impact to those teams.

Not sure why one would comment on the skill level of teams in the "A" bracket. Does that person know the skill level of all 30 teams? I know I don't and what I know is that on any given Sunday if a team doesn't prepare or has a bad day, the better team can lose.
It doesn't mean they aren't an "A". Just means their opponent played better with less mistakes that day. Not every team can play consistently like the 91 Blaze and Igloo Black Ice. Let's give those teams the credit that is due.

At the same time give those other teams the credit for going 3-0 in their respective bracket and for making it to the championship bracket. The LI Outlaws 2021 select team played their hearts out and competed against 5 very good teams to go 4-1. I also want to note that 3 of the 4 teams that made the semis were from LI and the champions of the 2021 A bracket was from LI. Congrates to 91 Blaze for playing 6 consistent games that weekend. That's tought to do.

Congrates to the LI Outlaws and Igloo BLack Ice for making it to the final 4 of 30 competitive teams.
It was a great tourney and a great weekend of lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No deal..Decent team. Went 4=1 at NXT losing in the "B" bracket championship game to a Canadian team. Why do you ask?

Someone from Blaze said they o Lu made it that far because they borrowed some Ambush kids. They Blaze coach was surprised to see them there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the deal with the Jesters this year?

What's the question ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would the Blaze coach have a problem with that? He's been known to take some Ambush kids too!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard they are the same program now. So if Jesters did use kids from Ambush they probably got the go ahead from someone. That would explain the results because Ambush does have some top players.

Why would the Blaze coach have a problem with that? He's been known to take some Ambush kids too!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is better riding the bench on a team like Black ice and Blaze in the "important games" that have great coaching and double the practices or getting playing time in the "important" games with less practices?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There could be no standard answer. Everyone is different/have different needs and react different to different situations. Don't think just because your kid goes to a lesser team that your kid will play more. I am very familiar with the top 7 2021 teams and ALL of them have favorites and most of the playing time is just for the top 9 kids. Getting playing time and cracking the starting line up for a top 7 team will be almost impossible. If your kid sat on the bench with Black Ice, Express, Icon etc. your kid will sit on the bench with the next 4 - 7 teams on the list. Even if your kid starts for a top 3 or 4 team don't expect to start on one of the next best 4 teams. Those teams have starters for year and it is all politics. It is very risky changing teams at this age. The newer kids will also be placed at the bottom when it comes to picking kids to play in front of coaches.

What is better riding the bench on a team like Black ice and Blaze in the "important games" that have great coaching and double the practices or getting playing time in the "important" games with less practices?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those who knew the brackets the Outlaws did not play very good teams at NXT, Looneys, Sons are average teams Cape Fear is a very poor team and Freedom is average the only good team they played was Blaze. Sons, Looneys and Freedom all had losing records the week before at Crabs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There could be no standard answer. Everyone is different/have different needs and react different to different situations. Don't think just because your kid goes to a lesser team that your kid will play more. I am very familiar with the top 7 2021 teams and ALL of them have favorites and most of the playing time is just for the top 9 kids. Getting playing time and cracking the starting line up for a top 7 team will be almost impossible. If your kid sat on the bench with Black Ice, Express, Icon etc. your kid will sit on the bench with the next 4 - 7 teams on the list. Even if your kid starts for a top 3 or 4 team don't expect to start on one of the next best 4 teams. Those teams have starters for year and it is all politics. It is very risky changing teams at this age. The newer kids will also be placed at the bottom when it comes to picking kids to play in front of coaches.

Good points and really can work both ways-

Kids/parents want to jump ship and find if grass is greener, like you said many times it's not. If your coach/program is dedicated, fair, and challenges you, stay with them. Practice hard, improve, you will play, puberty does a lot at this age and new starters emerge. They are loyal to you and you should do the same.

Coaches/directors want to upgrade players and try and form their super team. Sometimes they get a random better kid, but usually not, giving up one of their former players for nothing. By this age the better teams will remain the better teams, and the middle teams remain the middle, lower remains lower. If your players are dedicated, coachable, and working to get better, keep them. If you like the parents, keep them....They are loyal to you and you should do the same.

Having been around this for what seems many, many years.... to the coaches and players.....be loyal, work hard, get better, have fun. It goes by fast

Page 40 of 44 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard