BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,842
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 88 of 128 1 2 86 87 88 89 90 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They flew in a kid from Texas to play on the 2020 crab feast tourn yes they encourage kids to fail a grade for athletic advantage over peers

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thought this was interesting. Had to fill-in online waiver for young guns and had to acknowledge below -

As parent/guardian, of this player, I am attesting that my son is registered in the correct division for this tournament. Realizing players may play up, but never down, I understand that my team will forfeit all games and be barred from championship round should there be an eligibility violation. The Tournament Director has not, and will not, make exceptions for players or programs attending Crab Feast and Young Guns.

2020 - If your son was in the 9th grade this spring 2016 and is repeating/reclassifying for 9th grade fall 2016, he is NOT eligible to play 2020 division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
thought this was interesting. Had to fill-in online waiver for young guns and had to acknowledge below -

As parent/guardian, of this player, I am attesting that my son is registered in the correct division for this tournament. Realizing players may play up, but never down, I understand that my team will forfeit all games and be barred from championship round should there be an eligibility violation. The Tournament Director has not, and will not, make exceptions for players or programs attending Crab Feast and Young Guns.

2020 - If your son was in the 9th grade this spring 2016 and is repeating/reclassifying for 9th grade fall 2016, he is NOT eligible to play 2020 division.

Notice Crab daddy did not say anything about 8th graders this spring repeating 8th in the fall 2016 would not be eligible for 2020. If he did, half of his team would be ineligible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 CRABS only have 2 pool games this weekend????
11 teams in bracket!
some team would play a 4th game in sure (that wouldn't count in the standings)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Notice Crab daddy did not say anything about 8th graders this spring repeating 8th in the fall 2016 would not be eligible for 2020. If he did, half of his team would be ineligible.

They would also be 2021's.... Wouldn't effect the 2020 team at all

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard crabs is gonna start a girls team. Crab daddy is gonna transform his boys into girls and take over the girls game...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard crabs is gonna start a girls team. Crab daddy is gonna transform his boys into girls and take over the girls game...

Will this be a transgender team? Could be the he the next trend! Kaitlin can coach! Whatever it takes to grow the game!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The grade to holdback is 8th grade. At several schools including Maryland publics and in private leagues like MIAA a kid can only participate in high school sports 4 years. That's why the bursar's office at MIAA and IAC schools are so happy to see full paying lacrosee families walk through their doors.

Writing a rule to say kids aren't eligible for a 2020 team if they were in 9th grade last year is moot. It's the ultimate Trojan Horse that Baltimore parents use as a crutch around it. Just because kids are sneaking in the back door doesn't mean people don't notice. How about an AGE cutoff? If a kid is a year old for his grade he has to play up. Where are all the tough guys when that is suggested? Hiding in their team tents at Boys' Latin it seems. Phony tough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The grade to holdback is 8th grade. At several schools including Maryland publics and in private leagues like MIAA a kid can only participate in high school sports 4 years. That's why the bursar's office at MIAA and IAC schools are so happy to see full paying lacrosee families walk through their doors.

Writing a rule to say kids aren't eligible for a 2020 team if they were in 9th grade last year is moot. It's the ultimate Trojan Horse that Baltimore parents use as a crutch around it. Just because kids are sneaking in the back door doesn't mean people don't notice. How about an AGE cutoff? If a kid is a year old for his grade he has to play up. Where are all the tough guys when that is suggested? Hiding in their team tents at Boys' Latin it seems. Phony tough.

Age Cutoff?? Not in Maryland with the MIAA influence! Before the lowlifes at Howard County Recreation started their grade base league, the holdback/reclass/prefirst issue was mainly an issue and secret in the Private school leagues. No one cared in the youth club and rec leagues. All the private MIAA schools did it to some degree so no big deal as MIAA school team competed against school team. Now with the youth club world exploding and Crabs, etc looking for a edge. I see the holdback/reclass/prefirst issue getting more players as many parents want the edge for their children. Not sure why Lacrosse
wants to go down this unsavory path as it sure is not in the spirit of youth sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor has it the crabs double holdback midfielder unc commit is moving from crabs to FCA

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor has it the crabs double holdback midfielder unc commit is moving from crabs to FCA

No surprise since he is going to Calvert Hall this fall and the lax coach at CH is also the 2020 coach of FCA. I'm sure this was strongly suggested by the FCA/CH coach. I'm sure Crab daddy isn't happy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No surprise since he is going to Calvert Hall this fall and the lax coach at CH is also the 2020 coach of FCA. I'm sure this was strongly suggested by the FCA/CH coach. I'm sure Crab daddy isn't happy.

Why would RM care? I thought according to you guys he is only good because he's older anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As opposed to real toughs like you posting anonymously on a message board. Funny

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As opposed to real toughs like you posting anonymously on a message board. Funny

Says Mr. Anonymous himself. You all are cowards.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would RM care? I thought according to you guys he is only good because he's older anyway.

That's probably true that he doesn't care. He benched him in the championship game against Looney's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fat crab doesn't care about the 2020 team now - he is on to the 2021. Holdback scheme no worky once the kids are in high school. Big crab middie = yawn. Bigger and older. Should be rolling through on age kids - he isn't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA/CH/UNC/Kellys - enough said. Now that kids loudmouth father with be FCA's problem...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Rumor has it the crabs double holdback midfielder unc commit is moving from crabs to FCA

That's probably true that he doesn't care. He benched him in the championship game against Looney's.

Pretty sure they have both move on....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]FCA/CH/UNC/Kellys - enough said. Now that kids loudmouth father with be FCA's problem...

And you'll still be an internet tough guy. Let me guess, your kid is being "overlooked" because of "politics". Hilarious. Go jump back in the it ain't fair crowd.....or tell your kid to get on the wall. Happy 4th.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually no. My kid plays for an Ivy. Sorry pal. My other son hopefully will too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs blow.
Move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hope crab daddy watching World Series of youth lacrosse. On age kids making it happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually that's not true. Legacy has quite a few 8th graders playing the rules and playing in a 7th grade tourney.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Benched against Loonies because kid quits mentally when down. Let's see how he adjusts to being on a losing football team at CH that gets owned by nearly every MIAA A team and a consistently underperforming CH lacrosse team that fails every year to live up to their hype. Hold backs won't be there to help any more. Will he quit there too. All this early committing hype is a joke. Colleges put a ton of verbal offers out there. Only offer that matters is the one on Feb 3rd during your senior year on signing day. Kids offers get pulled all the time for many reasons. 8th graders are just 8th graders and no one cares about any of this. HS performance in the classroom and on the fields is what matters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's all celebrate that our 8th graders got verbal commit for a partial scholarship to a school that cost 48k a year. After your lax scholarship you'll pay 25k a year if your one of the lucky ones. Have fun paying 100-125k to watch your son sit the bench most of his career. Good times. Gotta luv the stupidity of laxbros.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your smoking the good stuff if you don't know there is a ton of politics with CH lacrosse. You can come back on the forum in 3 years and complain about it yourself. #clueless

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Benched against Loonies because kid quits mentally when down. Let's see how he adjusts to being on a losing football team at CH that gets owned by nearly every MIAA A team and a consistently underperforming CH lacrosse team that fails every year to live up to their hype. Hold backs won't be there to help any more. Will he quit there too. All this early committing hype is a joke. Colleges put a ton of verbal offers out there. Only offer that matters is the one on Feb 3rd during your senior year on signing day. Kids offers get pulled all the time for many reasons. 8th graders are just 8th graders and no one cares about any of this. HS performance in the classroom and on the fields is what matters.

He will have a difficult time. Looney's players, who are smaller than this kid, shut him down in two games, the HOCO championship and CrabFeast. What does this show, that he is just at best an average lax player. He is bigger and stronger than most of his opponents but that is really all he has going for him, his size.
When he gets to HS and starts to play against really smart players with a high lax IQ he may be lost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
High lacrosse IQ and just as big. High school gonna be a wake up call for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He will have a difficult time. Looney's players, who are smaller than this kid, shut him down in two games, the HOCO championship and CrabFeast. What does this show, that he is just at best an average lax player. He is bigger and stronger than most of his opponents but that is really all he has going for him, his size.
When he gets to HS and starts to play against really smart players with a high lax IQ he may be lost.
I hope you feel good about critiquing a kid on an anonymous forum. Where do you work and what do you do? Lets do some critiquing of you while we are at it....It's just not cool to do at all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hope you feel good about critiquing a kid on an anonymous forum. Where do you work and what do you do? Lets do some critiquing of you while we are at it....It's just not cool to do at all

No one is critiquing him, people are just stating what they have seen. I don't see anything negative that was said about him, just stating what he has shown. I personally hope he does well going forward.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
His father is a loudmouth - the big guy - run through that - turn and rip. All the critiques are valid - big - mediocre player that has trouble beating younger kids. Yawn.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
His father is a loudmouth - the big guy - run through that - turn and rip. All the critiques are valid - big - mediocre player that has trouble beating younger kids. Yawn.

Don't know the kid or father. I do know that you are anonymously posting negative stuff about a kid. You are chicken sh$t

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kid is holdback and tries to level kids that are younger and 50lbs lighter. Deserves critique and key word is tries.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
leave the kid alone, but please by all means, tear into his father who is a bag of d!cks. he is on par with the coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't know the kid or father. I do know that you are anonymously posting negative stuff about a kid. You are chicken sh$t

I didn't post what you are referring to but again, no one is saying anything negative, just stating what they see, how he plays/performs. I do not see anything wrong with that, no one is name calling/belittling him or being an [lacrosse] about it. But I do know one thing that is true, his father is a real piece of work, yep, a load mouth and post really stupid crap on Facebook. Crabs will no longer have to deal with him, FCA will. Even though he has committed to UNC there is no guarantee that he will get any solid worthwhile offer come signing time. UNC coach has time to revisit his decision and who knows what can happen. If I were the UNC coach I would have backed away, just because of his father. Lot of coaches don't want to put up with parents like that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didn't post what you are referring to but again, no one is saying anything negative, just stating what they see, how he plays/performs. I do not see anything wrong with that, no one is name calling/belittling him or being an [lacrosse] about it. But I do know one thing that is true, his father is a real piece of work, yep, a load mouth and post really stupid crap on Facebook. Crabs will no longer have to deal with him, FCA will. Even though he has committed to UNC there is no guarantee that he will get any solid worthwhile offer come signing time. UNC coach has time to revisit his decision and who knows what can happen. If I were the UNC coach I would have backed away, just because of his father. Lot of coaches don't want to put up with parents like that.

If the player does leave crabs and plays for FCA he will get coached for the first time in a long time. I would bet on the player who has athletic ability and gets coached instead of what I have seen with the crabs. Not sure what to call it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Developing a players lacrosse IQ. The more they raise this, the better player they become. What to do with the ball and off ball, where to be on the field etc. You are probably right, Crabs doesn't really develop players, they try and load their teams with holdbacks that are older and bigger. Well, that plan didn't work this year for them but Ryan will still follow his business model even though it is flawed.

If the player does leave crabs and plays for FCA he will get coached for the first time in a long time. I would bet on the player who has athletic ability and gets coached instead of what I have seen with the crabs. Not sure what to call it.

Developing a players lacrosse IQ. The more they raise this, the better player they become. What to do with the ball and off ball, where to be on the field etc. You are probably right, Crabs doesn't really develop players, they try and load their teams with holdbacks that are older and bigger. Well, that plan didn't work this year for them but Ryan will still follow his business model even though it is flawed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the poster who complained about someone being chicken**** for posting anonymously - the whole board is anonymous - get over it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the poster who complained about someone being chicken**** for posting anonymously - the whole board is anonymous - get over it.

chicken**** not because of anonymous but because of the negative posts about a specific kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice article in SI that talks about lackluster results of early recruiting. NCAA will eventually establish rules about it and attach penalties but colleges will continue to do it because it's a no lose for them. Most of these early recruits don't pan out based on the numbers. Main take away is that it puts an incredible amount of pressure on 14 year old kids. Imagine hearing this from your freshmen year in high school until Senior year. " Remember, your scholarship depends on your performance and u have to show up every game. " It will weigh most of these early recruits down.

Like Reply Quote
Page 88 of 128 1 2 86 87 88 89 90 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard