BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,166
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 109 of 144 1 2 107 108 109 110 111 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They get a large number of kids trying out. They are doing something right. Not everyone makes a team. They had a massive amount of kids at tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wasn't trying to deflect the inexcusable drinking issue. that is clearly unacceptable and case closed. but I do take exception to the constant bashing of the head coaches who have helped countless kids become good enough players to gain access to fantastic schools; my kid included. credit must be given where credit is due.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I've been reading such horror stories of how bad these coaches are since my son played for these so called money hungry coaches and each year they have always been propagated by the parents of the kids who just are not as good as their parents had hoped. These same parents then group together to commiserate about how bad the coaches are when in all actuality it is just that the kids are not up to the skill level of the kids on that years particular "A" team. It is much easier on the ego of these parents to transfer the lack of a particular talent onto someone else's lack of effort.

Perhaps these parents should get up off of their collective *sses and see if they could do better. Coach your own kid when he's not on the practice field. If your kid is playing video games instead of getting on the wall or joining other kids in pick up practices or if you are not having a catch with them as often as possible ; then don't expect the coaches to magically conjure up skills and ability for your kids.

stop blaming others for your child's shortcomings

Easy there mama/papa hen. Nice deflection, but, no.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said .. I think this can go for every travel club out there . ALWAYS A GROUP of parents who gather up on the sideline at practices and tournaments to blame another group of players , or bad coaching for the lack of their kids playtime and lost games. Those are the ones who jump ship each year to a different travel organization. They actually make a name for themselves by doing this , instead of the kid making a name for himself by performance. I would say there are more non realistic parents out there claiming there kid should be a starter and never come off the field then actually good players .

I've been reading such horror stories of how bad these coaches are since my son played for these so called money hungry coaches and each year they have always been propagated by the parents of the kids who just are not as good as their parents had hoped. These same parents then group together to commiserate about how bad the coaches are when in all actuality it is just that the kids are not up to the skill level of the kids on that years particular "A" team. It is much easier on the ego of these parents to transfer the lack of a particular talent onto someone else's lack of effort.

Perhaps these parents should get up off of their collective *sses and see if they could do better. Coach your own kid when he's not on the practice field. If your kid is playing video games instead of getting on the wall or joining other kids in pick up practices or if you are not having a catch with them as often as possible ; then don't expect the coaches to magically conjure up skills and ability for your kids.

stop blaming others for your child's shortcomings

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who is on this team knows the truth behind what is said. We have been apart of it for many years and for now it works for my son. But we always have our guard up to be bumped from channy's select group, if you think one day your kid won't be benched because he brings in someone your kidding yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who is on this team knows the truth behind what is said. We have been apart of it for many years and for now it works for my son. But we always have our guard up to be bumped from channy's select group, if you think one day your kid won't be benched because he brings in someone your kidding yourself.

And why shouldn't he, pray tell...?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The kidding of ones self comes from believing that because your son is in a select group that he will always be there. I would say that sets the the child up for an attitude of complacency. Of course there will always be someone coming to challenge for a spot on the elite team and your son better be prepared to compete to maintain his spot everyday.
It's a great life lesson better to be well learned at a young age than later on.

The other side of this is the child who is on the B or C teams. More times than not they will play up to or down to the level of those around them. Unless they can improve significantly; challenging for an A team spot will be difficult. The parents though must realize this and check their egos at the parking lot or be prepared to have a season of angst and ultimately join the disgruntled group that starts coach bashing as a second career.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They get a large number of kids trying out. They are doing something right. Not everyone makes a team. They had a massive amount of kids at tryouts.

Not true.Less and less every year with this organization.Parents are smartening up with this slickster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true.Less and less every year with this organization.Parents are smartening up with this slickster.

Not true

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the assistants for schwajle?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They basically take everyone and sort them out into 4 or 5 teams later in the fall.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At tryouts, no problem. Or if a spot opens on the roster, sure. However, on our team last season the new kids rolled in all year. We had one tourney last year with 10 attackmen??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At tryouts, no problem. Or if a spot opens on the roster, sure. However, on our team last season the new kids rolled in all year. We had one tourney last year with 10 attackmen??

Even one or two kids I can understand to try something out but 10 new attackmen???? That's insane!! Are you sure you aren't exaggerating? There should only be 6 on a team to begin with (if done right and all good players).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Even one or two kids I can understand to try something out but 10 new attackmen???? That's insane!! Are you sure you aren't exaggerating? There should only be 6 on a team to begin with (if done right and all good players).

Are you really that oblivious to what they do and roster sizes?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son has played for Express for 3 years and the most they ever added to a team was 2 or 3 players so I guess I am.

Are you really that oblivious to what they do and roster sizes?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does Express have rosters of 25-27?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because they are greedy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because they are greedy

What year? Our team has 22

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 OReily

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 Channy had 34 kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are crazy to allow them to put that many kids on a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 OReily
he has a 2022 team now too? Hope they are paying him well but I doubt it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hahahahahaahahhah Its not like we told you what Express is like. Have fun with 34 on a team and guest players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It might be time to bow out gracefully from Express 2022. Coaching is good, kids are r re all good, but I DID NOT sign up to pay $2800 for this many kids on a roster. I guess the earlier posters were right, buyer be aware.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know, me too rethinking my commitment to 2022. Way too many kids!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know, me too rethinking my commitment to 2022. Way too many kids!

Talk to the coach. Make sure the roaster you are reading is accurate. O'Reilly doesn't usually take on too many kids. Here may be a reason. Channy.... On the other hand... Good luck with that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It might be time to bow out gracefully from Express 2022. Coaching is good, kids are r re all good, but I DID NOT sign up to pay $2800 for this many kids on a roster. I guess the earlier posters were right, buyer be aware.

Here's another fact: Channy and Wizorac will retire by the time your kid gets to high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here's another fact: Channy and Wizorac will retire by the time your kid gets to high school.

In TWO years?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In TWO years?

Your kid is not gettimg to them in 2 years try 3 or 4. But i would doubt they retire that soon anyway

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wieczoerk is not even 50. Get a grip

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another parent here concerned about the 28 kid roster on the 2022 team. People we will walk and they will right back to last year with barely 15 kids ok only with a goalie now. Come on Express, shorten the roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which team are you talking about, Channy or O'Reilly?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another parent here concerned about the 28 kid roster on the 2022 team. People we will walk and they will right back to last year with barely 15 kids ok only with a goalie now. Come on Express, shorten the roster.

I don't think coming on here is the best way to have your concerns heard. Pick up the phone and call them. I am pretty sure he organizational contact info is on the invites and says please contact for any questions or concerns.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think coming on here is the best way to have your concerns heard. Pick up the phone and call them. I am pretty sure he organizational contact info is on the invites and says please contact for any questions or concerns.

Exactly! And talk to your coach DIRECTLY. There is a way to phrase your concerns and they should answer you. Ranting on here is just silly and childish.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express better get roster straight soon. Cant have visitors come play at the big Tournament in baltimore this summer. National 2022 Championship. No funny business allowed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express better get roster straight soon. Cant have visitors come play at the big Tournament in baltimore this summer. National 2022 Championship. No funny business allowed.

What are you talking about there is no league, it is a tournament. File out a roster sheet and how do you know who is or isnt on it until the day, who cares if they played with them previously. As long as they fit the parameters of the tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you talking about there is no league, it is a tournament. File out a roster sheet and how do you know who is or isnt on it until the day, who cares if they played with them previously. As long as they fit the parameters of the tournament.

Umm, not sure you read the post correctly or your just drunk..You make no sense in reply to the post. It clearly states it's a National Tournament . Not a league
And the parameters for the tournament are that you can not add players or guests for the tourney. But hey , Cheers to you , drink another

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pick up and call him, he will either tell you a [lacrosse] story until he gets your money and your stuck for the season. If you think it's wrong run before your miserable.
He will tell you anything until you send in the payment and then do what he pleases.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a pretty simple math MC works with one kid leaves he has 2 more that wants is spot, so why would he change is ways, and he didn't care about winning anymore.

Like Reply Quote
Page 109 of 144 1 2 107 108 109 110 111 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard