BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,228
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 73 of 90 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 89 90
Re: Boys 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I guess Madlax won't be traveling to LI anymore. 1-4. See what happens when you play real teams and real tournaments. Actions speak louder than words. Just let the kids play and thats it, they did all this smack talking on this thread a couple of months ago and go 1-4 in a really competitive recruiting tournament.

You can shut up, tat face. Madlax was screwed into playing the toughest group of teams: Team 91, Crabs, etc.

Madlax ended the day dominating an excellent Prime Time team. Look for an improved performance.
Sorry my friend, my son plays on Prime Time, and excellent is not a word I would use to describe us at the moment. Maybe we'll show a little better. But this weekend we were borderline pathetic.

Madlax may have pulled a tougher schedule because they are constantly talking about how good they are and how their owner behaves.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess Madlax won't be traveling to LI anymore. 1-4. See what happens when you play real teams and real tournaments. Actions speak louder than words. Just let the kids play and thats it, they did all this smack talking on this thread a couple of months ago and go 1-4 in a really competitive recruiting tournament.

You can shut up, tat face. Madlax was screwed into playing the toughest group of teams: Team 91, Crabs, etc.

Madlax ended the day dominating an excellent Prime Time team. Look for an improved performance.
Sorry my friend, my son plays on Prime Time, and excellent is not a word I would use to describe us at the moment. Maybe we'll show a little better. But this weekend we were borderline pathetic.

An honest dad whom we would all love to meet - good luck to your son and his team at Big 4! Breath of fresh air on this board.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait..I thought only MD teams had holdbacks. What's with these 5 holdbacks joining Prime Time this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are probably a solid A/AA team but you were playing against some of the best teams in the country, a lot of 2019 teams would not have done much better, nothing to be ashamed of, and now you know where you stand. Hopefully the boys had fun and took something positive away from the experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait..I thought only MD teams had holdbacks. What's with these 5 holdbacks joining Prime Time this weekend?

Credit to the guy who was honest about his son's team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Edge Canada will be playing Team 91 crush this weekend... That will be a great game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Edge Canada will be playing Team 91 crush this weekend... That will be a great game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who stood out at black card this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As long as the game does not need to be stopped due to Edge's (typically) dirty play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As long as the game does not need to be stopped due to Edge's (typically) dirty play.

Not typical, always dirty play. This is the worst youth lacrosse team I have ever seen. Cheap shots at all times, try to deliberately injury other teams players.
I personally would like to see all US tournament ban them from playing here until they get their act together.
We played them last Nov in Md. and the game was called with about 3 to 4 minutes left it got so bad. They were loosing 10-1 and knew they had no chance to win the game so they just raised up the goon squad and increased their dirty play. No need for them to participate in any US tournament but money talks and tournament directors will keep inviting them, which is a shame. Keep them the [lacrosse] up north, let them bash each other. Plus it is not limited to just one age group, they all act and play this way. And no, don't even try to tell me this is how they play lacrosse in Canada, because I know better.
So sit back and wait for the Edge coaches/parents and fans to start their denial and other BS.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not typical, always dirty play. This is the worst youth lacrosse team I have ever seen. Cheap shots at all times, try to deliberately injury other teams players.
I personally would like to see all US tournament ban them from playing here until they get their act together.
We played them last Nov in Md. and the game was called with about 3 to 4 minutes left it got so bad. They were loosing 10-1 and knew they had no chance to win the game so they just raised up the goon squad and increased their dirty play. No need for them to participate in any US tournament but money talks and tournament directors will keep inviting them, which is a shame. Keep them the [lacrosse] up north, let them bash each other. Plus it is not limited to just one age group, they all act and play this way. And no, don't even try to tell me this is how they play lacrosse in Canada, because I know better.
So sit back and wait for the Edge coaches/parents and fans to start their denial and other BS.

You are correct. They are an absolute embarrassment at every age. Not to mention they flat out admit that all their kids are a year older than their US grade counterparts. Not sure why they are allowed to come down here and play by their own rules. Have seen their teams resort to goonish behavior time and again when either way behind or even way ahead on the scoreboard. Total joke of an organization.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know that I probably should know this, but what is this Adrenaline that people keep referring to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know that I probably should know this, but what is this Adrenaline that people keep referring to?

Big tournament on Long Island aka MadLax's coming out party.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are they playing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You know what's more embarrassing? The club you play for - Looney's.

You bring this game up over and over, but I've seen plenty of clown moves from Looney's teams and their uneducated parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You bring this game up over and over, but I've seen plenty of clown moves from Looney's teams and their uneducated parents.

As well they should, first I've ever heard of a game being stopped like that. Having watched and played against both teams at 2020 over the past few years I'd have to say that I've never seen that type of behavior from Looney's and have never seen another team that behaved more badly than Edge. This looks like a big event with lots of teams participating...go see for yourselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unless I missed something Crush isn't in the big tournament. Where is this game taking place?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone want to try a top ten rankings for the 2020 teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As well they should, first I've ever heard of a game being stopped like that. Having watched and played against both teams at 2020 over the past few years I'd have to say that I've never seen that type of behavior from Looney's and have never seen another team that behaved more badly than Edge. This looks like a big event with lots of teams participating...go see for yourselves.

We will see this weekend. You might be suprised with the outcome of the 91-Edge game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"1 Madlax
2 Madlax
3 Madlax
4 Madlax
5 Madlax
6 Madlax
7 Madlax
8 Madlax
9 Madlax
10 Madlax"

A madlax dady answer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to say something as an Edge parent. The blanket statement that all teams are dirty is completely untrue. As for the age thing, do you really want to go there. Our kids play with their grade. At worst they are the same as age as the US counterparts. The 2021 are all kids born in 2003 and I would put our passports out on the field for any parent to see. I am sure that any us team would not do the same thing. Look at the Under Armour roster all the US kids are 2000 for a 2019 team. That makes my son a 2022. You guys must figure it out and play by a system that actually monitors its ages. Our 2021 team will reclassify at some point but will not be a year older but really the same age as your teams. Play by ages we are proud that we are 2003's. Come by and say hello this weekend because its hard to be dirty when you are 6 inches and a year younger than your American counterparts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to say something as an Edge parent. The blanket statement that all teams are dirty is completely untrue. As for the age thing, do you really want to go there. Our kids play with their grade. At worst they are the same as age as the US counterparts. The 2021 are all kids born in 2003 and I would put our passports out on the field for any parent to see. I am sure that any us team would not do the same thing. Look at the Under Armour roster all the US kids are 2000 for a 2019 team. That makes my son a 2022. You guys must figure it out and play by a system that actually monitors its ages. Our 2021 team will reclassify at some point but will not be a year older but really the same age as your teams. Play by ages we are proud that we are 2003's. Come by and say hello this weekend because its hard to be dirty when you are 6 inches and a year younger than your American counterparts.

While we can appreciate your feeling singled out, we have had the unlucky experience of playing two age groups of edge and they are by far the dirtiest teams we have encountered in 7 years of playing. Kids needed to be brought by ambulance to the hospital due to your club headhunting. Edge coaches were cheering the kids on. Games were shut down and championships walked away from rather than be subject to that form of play. The kids were a year older at the time due to the pg year expected but regardless of age, the manner of play should warrant their exclusion of from most tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's parent we played you three times last year and yes the final game was out of hand in the last few minutes. We had one player who lost control but in fairness the referees lost the game early. The fact that your not even playing this weekend at 4HHH playing in a watered down NSCLA event leaves us likely seeing you at the NLF event at boy's latin school nov 6. Enjoy your summer. We changed our coaching staff and are very much looking forward to get a chance if we win our first round match to play crush. We havnet played them since 2011 and think its a great opportunity to measure ourselves against the very best youth team around. In speaking with some of their parents at the adrenaline event they felt the same way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Crush

2. through 7. could be any order:

- Crabs (mostly 2001 birth dates, unclear if any 2000 birthdates)
- Laxachusetts (mostly 2001 and a handful of 2000 birthdates which is absurd)
- Express (a handful of 2001 birthdates)
- FCA
- Annapolis Hawks
- Team 88+3 MD
- Legacy

No other team should be in the conversation, but there are a number of good teams that can play at a high level on any give day (Leading Edge, West Coast Starz, HHH, Rising Sons)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Crush

- FCA
- Annapolis Hawks
- Team 88+3 MD
- Legacy

No other team should be in the conversation, but there are a number of good teams that can play at a high level on any give day (Leading Edge, West Coast Starz, HHH, Rising Sons)

Sorry, left off Looney's - they are in that top group without a doubt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Crush

- FCA
- Annapolis Hawks
- Team 88+3 MD
- Legacy

Also left of the fact that crush has several 2000 birth dates, since this is part of the conversation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I personally do not like crush but they had literally entire squad in WSYL last year minus one player they have NO 2000 birth dates. Other than Crabs and Laxachusetts everyone is respectful of ages, those two should be embarrassed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is well known that 2020 Edge has several 16 year olds which is despicable. Not surprising as it is advertised on their website and we witnessed it last year first hand.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a legitimate question, and I really don't want snarky replies (not sure that is even possible on this forum, but I thought I would throw that out there). How do these "all-star" rosters get selected for these showcase tournaments? I was under the impression that the college coaches in attendance "selected" the kids that they wanted to see again. Which, by the way makes perfect sense to me. This past weekend, the roster was released and then when the teams started tweeting out who played for their team in the all-star game, the roster didn't match who played. Just wondering? Can the coaches of the club teams place anyone they want in the all-star game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I personally do not like crush but they had literally entire squad in WSYL last year minus one player they have NO 2000 birth dates. Other than Crabs and Laxachusetts everyone is respectful of ages, those two should be embarrassed

Is the crush team this summer exactly the same as last? I heard they picked up a couple of reclassed kids this past fall

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a legitimate question, and I really don't want snarky replies (not sure that is even possible on this forum, but I thought I would throw that out there). How do these "all-star" rosters get selected for these showcase tournaments? I was under the impression that the college coaches in attendance "selected" the kids that they wanted to see again. Which, by the way makes perfect sense to me. This past weekend, the roster was released and then when the teams started tweeting out who played for their team in the all-star game, the roster didn't match who played. Just wondering? Can the coaches of the club teams place anyone they want in the all-star game?

Part 2 of the question, do kids that have already "committed" play in these all-star games, or are they automatically disqualified?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Crush

- FCA
- Annapolis Hawks
- Team 88+3 MD
- Legacy

Also left of the fact that crush has several 2000 birth dates, since this is part of the conversation.

Absolute blatant lie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Crush (by a decent margin)
2. Looney's (won HOCO Elite over Crabs)
3. Laxachusetts (but w/many holdbacks)
4. Crabs (too many holdbacks; lost to Laxachusetts this past weekend, lost to Looney's in HOCO finals, lost to FCA just before playoffs)
5. Annapolis Hawks (Final 4 of HOCO Elite, played Looneys closer than Crabs did in playoffs)
6. FCA (Final 4 HOCO Elite, beat Crabs)
7. Express
8. Team 91 MD Force (1 goal losses to Hawks, FCA and Rising Sons in HOCO; alwyas a tough out)
9. Leading Edge
10...(Edge, West Coast Starz, Next Level Black, Palm Beach Revolution, HHH, Rising Sons)

Lesser known teams to watch: Carolina Cannons, Team 24/7, 757 Select (VA)

Bottom Line: LOTS of very good lacrosse teams and players at 2020 level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
edge has 16 year olds? The boys all have their passports happy for anyone to challenge that bs quote come over and ask us. 75% of our team are 14 still ..out of 22 playing this weekend 5 turned 15 already but all have 2001 birth year. look for your scapegoats elsewhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4. Crabs (too many holdbacks; lost to Laxachusetts this past weekend, lost to Looney's in HOCO finals, lost to FCA just before playoffs)
5. Annapolis Hawks (Final 4 of HOCO Elite, played Looneys closer than Crabs did in playoffs)
7. Express
8. Team 91 MD Force (1 goal losses to Hawks, FCA and Rising Sons in HOCO; alwyas a tough out)
9. Leading Edge
10...(Edge, West Coast Starz, Next Level Black, Palm Beach Revolution, HHH, Rising Sons)

Good list, would add Tomahawks in there somewhere too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

7. Express
9. Leading Edge

This looks like a pretty good ranking. more will be determined this weekend the rest of the summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"5 turned 15 already"... wow... yeah, no advantage there at all. cant wait for you to have to go join the '19's if these rules get enforced next summer... or ever

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you just admitted your entire team is holdbacks. Pathetic. Not even the crabs can claim that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why lie about it like the rest do. When we played WCS Blue 2019 they had 99's on their team. Cant wait for proof of birth currently we play 2000/2001 in our own leagues.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
edge has 16 year olds? The boys all have their passports happy for anyone to challenge that bs quote come over and ask us. 75% of our team are 14 still ..out of 22 playing this weekend 5 turned 15 already but all have 2001 birth year. look for your scapegoats elsewhere.

I am going to start by saying I already know the answer. Are you telling me there are NO 16 year old players on the 2020 edge team? Drum roll, please dont lie

Page 73 of 90 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 89 90

Link Copied to Clipboard