BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,851
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 46 of 111 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Maybe I don't like a bully who rapes young boys. Maybe I hate dirtbags. Who hide behind God.

A religious order -- not the DA's office, not a Judge, not a jury, -- determined that an allegation made by a student, not a minor, was "credible." The DA's office commented that the alleged conduct constituted a misdemeanor, not a felony. You have transformed those facts into "a bully who rapes young boys." Are you running for district attorney in North Carolina?

6' 3", very impressive stats. Wings of a 747 and the brain of a Piper Cub. You really
should talk to someone...

Chaminade exposed as a fraud!! You keep your kid there, You should talk to someone, you sound like an Angry troll! And you're fighting a lost battle! Keep defending sex abusers! Sicko!!

You're so angry and have such a tremendous axe to grind that it's affecting your already VERY limited brain. I haven't heard anyone defending any criminal activity here. We're all just wondering the true reason why you have such hatred for such a wonderful institution. Were you bullied or picked on by someone wearing red or something? [/quote]

Wonderful? Sex abuse of kids attempted to be swept under the carpet? Who has the limited brain?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some background on Delbarton:
Starting attack: 3 seniors - no commitments
Starting midfield: 1 uncommitted senior, 1 jr committed to Villanova, another junior uncommitted.
2nd midfield: senior committed to Providence, uncommitted senior and junior.
Another jr that is committed to Cornell is out for the season.
FOGO is uncommitted jr.
LSM senior and LSM junior uncommitted
SSDMS are all uncommitted.
Starting close D: senior committed to Notre Dame, senior committed to Trinity (DIII) and jr committed to Lehigh. The other 2 close D are uncommitted jrs.
Goalie committed to Gettysburg.

On paper this team doesn't compare to Chaminade, St. A or Malvern Prep, yet they beat all 3. Go figure.

Sounds like they have lots of great players that will end up being either walk ons or end up being picked up late in the game, but also sounds like the teams that get them will be glad!!
summit who beat delbarton and has 1 loss has similar number/lack of commitments but plays as a team like Delbarton. Bridgewater similar story as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some facts about Delbarton: $35,000 tuition, they recruit athletes, religious institution. Sounds like Chaminade on roids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come when ever someone has something negative to say about Chaminade they always bring up the cost to go there or the reputation that has been established over the years? St Anthony's Kellenberg St Mary's Sacred Heart Trinity ect are no walk in the park cost figures either.
Rude awakening people bottom line is no matter who you are or what occupation / vocation you choose you are first and foremost a human being. A priest is human first and decides he wants to love that life as is a policeman lawyer physician teacher ect. So get your head out of the sand teach your children and grandchildren right from wrong. Be involved in you families lives so hopefully nothing ever happens poorly to them.
Instead of slamming the school you should be offering moral and emotional support for the individual involved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come when ever someone has something negative to say about Chaminade they always bring up the cost to go there or the reputation that has been established over the years? St Anthony's Kellenberg St Mary's Sacred Heart Trinity ect are no walk in the park cost figures either.
Rude awakening people bottom line is no matter who you are or what occupation / vocation you choose you are first and foremost a human being. A priest is human first and decides he wants to love that life as is a policeman lawyer physician teacher ect. So get your head out of the sand teach your children and grandchildren right from wrong. Be involved in you families lives so hopefully nothing ever happens poorly to them.
Instead of slamming the school you should be offering moral and emotional support for the individual involved.

Agreed, that is why the Delbarton post. People here seem to think that these schools are these fine institutions while Chaminade is some gross land of spoiled little brats. Nothing further from the truth. I think the average Chaminade grad is a polite and well adjusted young man who is very very driven to succeed in life. And no, my son is a public school kid who I wish had gone to Chaminade.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My heart and prayers go out to the Chaminade family and to the victim of this monster. We, as parents, are all saddened by this and we are behind you 100%.

Your children are OUR children. No one should joke or anonymously berate a family or a child who has been mistreated by an adult in power, NO MATTER WHERE THEY ATTEND SCHOOL.

We have to take care of each other. You have our support and our love. We are here for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a year for Chaminade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once is too much but there are bad apples everywhere. Chaminade takes care of their own in the business world post graduation, will be interesting to see if the alums continue to support the school

They will.

Of course they will, because they cling to there HS experience like it matters once you move on to college. Now we can see the termite infested foundation the whole place is built on. And the alumni are going to rush in to shore it up before anyone notices. Too late now.

No, they will support the school monetarily because they believe it to have been an important part of their lives. And they will support It because they realize that there are a large number of people who agree with them, and want their children to attend but need monetary assistance. In the current economic environment, particularly on LI with our tax issues, any tuition might be too much for some families. So the alumnae supports the school to help defray those costs.

They will also offer vocal support because they know the school's foundation isn't termite infested. They know this is a serious charge and issue, but as far as they know it is one man, not the entire order. Defending the school isn't the same as supporting it. I doubt you will hear any alums try and defend Fr. James, but supporting the school which has been damaged by him is a different story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a question for this guy with all the Chaminade negativity. I'm sure I will not get a straight answer do to the comment above of I'm 6'3" . Here I go anyway What's your real problem with the school. If you didn't go there and your children didn't go there you do not have any first hand knowledge of the school. Are you looking for someone/ something to go have a bar room fight with ?Because I really can't follow why a father or mother of 6'3" would pick on a school they have and have never been associated with

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once is too much but there are bad apples everywhere. Chaminade takes care of their own in the business world post graduation, will be interesting to see if the alums continue to support the school

They will.

Of course they will, because they cling to there HS experience like it matters once you move on to college. Now we can see the termite infested foundation the whole place is built on. And the alumni are going to rush in to shore it up before anyone notices. Too late now.

No, they will support the school monetarily because they believe it to have been an important part of their lives. And they will support It because they realize that there are a large number of people who agree with them, and want their children to attend but need monetary assistance. In the current economic environment, particularly on LI with our tax issues, any tuition might be too much for some families. So the alumnae supports the school to help defray those costs.

They will also offer vocal support because they know the school's foundation isn't termite infested. They know this is a serious charge and issue, but as far as they know it is one man, not the entire order. Defending the school isn't the same as supporting it. I doubt you will hear any alums try and defend Fr. James, but supporting the school which has been damaged by him is a different story.

How about when the catholic church knew about the wide spread abuse of children and did everything they could to hide it, is that what you're talking about? The powers at be in your beloved school knew about this case years ago, they too did everything they could to hide it. Are those the kind of values you support? The school IS the people that run it. It is an
arcane, sick environment that needs to change. Sorry, but an all boys environment is akin to an all you can eat buffet for the overweight. I imagine that this incident will reveal years of abuse by multiple individuals, as many more victims will hopefully now have the courage to come forward. The best thing you can do is to rally your fellow alumni around some real a definite hard core change. What wacko would send their son to that place? (btw I'm catholic, so no need to go there)

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plus the JV coach be-rating his player(s)- getting fired and re-hired
The pee-wee loud mouth wrestling coach psycho dude too. U Got to see that guy at youth sports games.

They will.

How about when the catholic church knew about the wide spread abuse of children and did everything they could to hide it, is that what you're talking about? The powers at be in your beloved school knew about this case years ago, they too did everything they could to hide it. Are those the kind of values you support? The school IS the people that run it. It is an
arcane, sick environment that needs to change. Sorry, but an all boys environment is akin to an all you can eat buffet for the overweight. I imagine that this incident will reveal years of abuse by multiple individuals, as many more victims will hopefully now have the courage to come forward. The best thing you can do is to rally your fellow alumni around some real a definite hard core change. What wacko would send their son to that place? (btw I'm catholic, so no need to go there)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No that is not what I'm talking about. I am talking about this specific incident, not the history of abuse cases in the Catholic Church.
And with respect to did the "powers to be" (your phrase)do everything to hide it? I don't know. Did they act immediately to remove Fr. Williams from his post? Seems like they did. Did they take him at his word that he was innocent (which he continues to declare), no they didn't. Did they investigate and act upon the results they found, yes. During that time was Fr. Williams even allowed interaction with students?, no. Now did they publically announce what was going on with Fr. Williams, no they didn't.
Perhaps because there are more than a few cases of false accusations. Lets assume that you coach a little league team and one of the kids said you were touching him. Would you expect that to be announced to the local newspaper and Channel 12 if you were vocal that it wasn't true?

Not sure why you are so insistent that it is some sort of perverted place, with debauched men having their ways with dozens of scared little boys. I spent four years there, my sons were there for a stretch of eight years. None of us ever saw or experienced an unwanted action from anyone. As to the single sex environment, I actually laugh at what you seem to conjure up in your mind. Read the recent article in Vanity Fair about the Seven Sisters, the all women colleges that are elite centers of learning. the author went in with preconceived ideas about what she would find and was shocked at how wrong she was.
My daughter went to Sacred Heart, after 8 years in public school. She was thrilled to get away from the BS, and peer pressure to be cool with the boys. She didn't want to worry about if she had a cool skirt or if her hair was combed just right. And guess what she also missed out on the experiences like Rainbow Parties in the ninth grade. if you aren't sure what a Rainbow Party is ask a tenth grade girl at most public schools.
Or perhaps you've read about St. Paul's, the elite coed prep school in NH? There the upperclass boys have a contest to screw as many underclass girls as they can, and keep a running log to be shared with their fellow students.
I seriously doubt that Chaminade has a monopoly on inappropriate behavior, and I also believe they have a faculty and staff that cares about their students more than most.

So wage your campaign against Chaminade, The Catholic Church, single sex education and all the other groups you think have exclusives on misdeeds. But I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there are still going to be about 1500-1750 wackos looking to send their sons to Chaminade.

I also hope that in your little circle of friends and family none of them ever does something wrong and needs your help or support.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Am I reading this wrong or are you people bringing the sexual abuse by a few priest into the Chaminade thread ? How pathetic. So Rabbis don't donit also ? What about non religious people ? I'm pretty sure ANY college has the highest regard for a Chaminade diploma. Lax is such a tiny aspect of why kids go to the school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Am I reading this wrong or are you people bringing the sexual abuse by a few priest into the Chaminade thread ? How pathetic. So Rabbis don't donit also ? What about non religious people ? I'm pretty sure ANY college has the highest regard for a Chaminade diploma. Lax is such a tiny aspect of why kids go to the school

So most of the kids on the lax team are going purely for the education and the learning experience and the playing part is less then 10% of the reason???. Sad to say I think you are way off on that one

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No once again an anti Chaminade person. A hater!!! Don't be a hater!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you saying ? It's OK, everyone is doing it??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So most of the kids on the lax team are going purely for the education and the learning experience and the playing part is less then 10% of the reason???. Sad to say I think you are way off on that one

Well, if they can play at Chaminade or they can play sports at their local public school, then there must be some other reasons they choose Chaminade. Why are they going? Why pay tuition? Why have to commute in some cases?
We've all been made very aware of the lack of distinction between Public School programs and Catholic School programs. You know,....Coaches see you at either, its really the club anyway, the academics aren't really better. Heck, I know kids that haven't gone because they were concerned that they might not get enough playing time, so they stayed at their public school (he went on to start for three years at an Ivy so his fears were misplaced, and it worked out fine for him.....of course his mother still wishes he'd gone to Chaminade).

I don't know, it seems to me anyone playing at Chaminade probably plays for his local school.....if its all about lax why then Chaminade???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, but as a parent who WOULD have sent their son to Chaminade if he got accepted I could care less about sports. I want him to get an elite education, make life long connections, secure a college education at an Ivy. That's the reason kids go there. If they don't make the lacrosse team, play chess, track and field or hey try the crew team. But if you went there to play lacrosse, football or basketball you went for the wrong reason. My son goes t a public HS in LI, a good one, not a great one, lacrosse program is elite, he starts. I'm fine with it, I'm also fine with Chaminade, Kellenberg, St. Anthony's and SJB amongst others. Have no beef with GC, Manhasset or CSH. Stop being holier than thou, do you think your public school is perfect? Think none of the teachers espouse their left wing liberal views on your son? Think any of them use/abuse drugs? Dream on dude and get a grip.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No that is not what I'm talking about. I am talking about this specific incident, not the history of abuse cases in the Catholic Church.
And with respect to did the "powers to be" (your phrase)do everything to hide it? I don't know. Did they act immediately to remove Fr. Williams from his post? Seems like they did. Did they take him at his word that he was innocent (which he continues to declare), no they didn't. Did they investigate and act upon the results they found, yes. During that time was Fr. Williams even allowed interaction with students?, no. Now did they publically announce what was going on with Fr. Williams, no they didn't.
Perhaps because there are more than a few cases of false accusations. Lets assume that you coach a little league team and one of the kids said you were touching him. Would you expect that to be announced to the local newspaper and Channel 12 if you were vocal that it wasn't true?

Not sure why you are so insistent that it is some sort of perverted place, with debauched men having their ways with dozens of scared little boys. I spent four years there, my sons were there for a stretch of eight years. None of us ever saw or experienced an unwanted action from anyone. As to the single sex environment, I actually laugh at what you seem to conjure up in your mind. Read the recent article in Vanity Fair about the Seven Sisters, the all women colleges that are elite centers of learning. the author went in with preconceived ideas about what she would find and was shocked at how wrong she was.
My daughter went to Sacred Heart, after 8 years in public school. She was thrilled to get away from the BS, and peer pressure to be cool with the boys. She didn't want to worry about if she had a cool skirt or if her hair was combed just right. And guess what she also missed out on the experiences like Rainbow Parties in the ninth grade. if you aren't sure what a Rainbow Party is ask a tenth grade girl at most public schools.
Or perhaps you've read about St. Paul's, the elite coed prep school in NH? There the upperclass boys have a contest to screw as many underclass girls as they can, and keep a running log to be shared with their fellow students.
I seriously doubt that Chaminade has a monopoly on inappropriate behavior, and I also believe they have a faculty and staff that cares about their students more than most.

So wage your campaign against Chaminade, The Catholic Church, single sex education and all the other groups you think have exclusives on misdeeds. But I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there are still going to be about 1500-1750 wackos looking to send their sons to Chaminade.

I also hope that in your little circle of friends and family none of them ever does something wrong and needs your help or support.

Nassau Police are publically asking others with allegations to come forward also. IT is never the first time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It took 4/5 years for them to release this? Why?

The act is abominable and the cover up, either on purpose or through indifference is worse. He resigned and got out of town, typical move to just allow a molester to do this to others.

Shameful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The act is abominable and the cover up, either on purpose or through indifference is worse. He resigned and got out of town, typical move to just allow a molester to do this to others.

Shameful.

Because he has protections from slander. If the Nassau DA didn't bring charges once informed then it's done. The school can't tell everyone he's a child molester on the word of a student. It's a he said/he said incident. What cover up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shameful.

Because he has protections from slander. If the Nassau DA didn't bring charges once informed then it's done. The school can't tell everyone he's a child molester on the word of a student. It's a he said/he said incident. What cover up?

Then why did he "resign" and disappear?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shameful.

That doesn't mean you can legally "out" the guy. He's guilty, but only in the public eye. In the eyes of the law he hasn't been charged. Can't disclose the allegation and his name based on hearsay.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shameful.

That doesn't mean you can legally "out" the guy. He's guilty, but only in the public eye. In the eyes of the law he hasn't been charged. Can't disclose the allegation and his name based on hearsay.

Right. So you quietly let him resign and disappear. I have seen a bigger deal made out of football coach cursing on a bus.

Can't selectively hold to higher standard. Oblivious there was enough there for them to hide him and tell DA. He doesn't need to be convicted before letting people know. I see plenty of people in Newsday before they have their day in court.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shameful.

Because the school told him that he had to, and then they removed nim from any contact with students while they investigated the allegations. At that point they had no idea if the allegations had merit, but took the steps to ensure no additional activity in event the allegations were found to be true, or in their words 'credible'.
He didn't disappear, the whole Chaminade community knew he was in Rome.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any college has respect for the Chaminade diploma? Check out how many Chaminade boys applied to Clemson and how many got accepted. Unless you are playing lacrosse in college or applying to a school in NY, most don't have any regard for it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shameful.

Because the school told him that he had to, and then they removed nim from any contact with students while they investigated the allegations. At that point they had no idea if the allegations had merit, but took the steps to ensure no additional activity in event the allegations were found to be true, or in their words 'credible'.
He didn't disappear, the whole Chaminade community knew he was in Rome.

He stayed on at the SCHOOL for another year!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shameful.

Right. So you quietly let him resign and disappear. I have seen a bigger deal made out of football coach cursing on a bus.

Can't selectively hold to higher standard. Oblivious there was enough there for them to hide him and tell DA. He doesn't need to be convicted before letting people know. I see plenty of people in Newsday before they have their day in court.

OK, so let me be clear, the man has legal protection from the school telling ANYONE that he is a pedophile, or was engaged in inappropriate behavior. Legally, the school cannot divulge the facts of this case. Even if YOU want them to, they can't. Again, you see names in Newsday (trash) after the DA has charged them. Remember the Tawana Brawley case? Al Sharpton is still on the hook for millions for that one. Not similar but the Duke scandal, the DA took the word of a hooker/stripper over the boys on the team (Chaminade kid) and look how that ended up. Sorry if you want the school to divulge UNVERIFIED facts, not going to happen. Clear?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shameful.

OK, so let me be clear, the man has legal protection from the school telling ANYONE that he is a pedophile, or was engaged in inappropriate behavior. Legally, the school cannot divulge the facts of this case. Even if YOU want them to, they can't. Again, you see names in Newsday (trash) after the DA has charged them. Remember the Tawana Brawley case? Al Sharpton is still on the hook for millions for that one. Not similar but the Duke scandal, the DA took the word of a hooker/stripper over the boys on the team (Chaminade kid) and look how that ended up. Sorry if you want

the school to divulge UNVERIFIED facts, not going to happen. Clear?

No. It's not clear because there is a letter from the school on their webpage addressing it. If no charges filed , how can they do that? Clear it up for me please. You seem to be so knowledgable. Please use some examples again. I enjoyed that. Really brought it down to the "slower" people like me. Oh , and there is another aligation from 1970 in Newsday today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately this issue is somewhat prevalent in many schools. See Pingry School in NJ, Delbarton from the 1970s, Horace Mann in NYC, many others. Unfortunately, Chaminade and several other prominent schools (plus probably many that are not out in the public yet) have been hit with these issues. Really, really sad for the children and the families. Stop using this crap to point at Chaminade, stupid way to try top attack a school many of you seem to not like.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any college has respect for the Chaminade diploma? Check out how many Chaminade boys applied to Clemson and how many got accepted. Unless you are playing lacrosse in college or applying to a school in NY, most don't have any regard for it.
You are completly Delutional if you think Colleges have no Regard for a Chaminade diploma or any Catholic diploma . I am a English and Language Arts Teacher at a Local University, and you absolutly can tell the diffrence between a student who went to Chaminade or a Public School just on handwriting alone. And no I'm not a Chaminade Alum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No other thread has "Stories and news" attached to the header. Just Chaminade. HMMMM
Sort of encourages talk other than Lax, huh?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are completly Delutional if you think Colleges have no Regard for a Chaminade diploma or any Catholic diploma . I am a English and Language Arts Teacher at a Local University, and you absolutly can tell the diffrence between a student who went to Chaminade or a Public School just on handwriting alone. And no I'm not a Chaminade Alum.

Let's count the spelling and grammar errors from this teacher:
1)completly
2)Delutional
3)Colleges capitalized
4) Regard capitalized
5)Describing a diploma as "Catholic"
6)"a English" - should be "an English"
7)"Local University" capitalized
8)absolutely
9)Public School capitalized
10) "..handwriting alone" - should be "based on their handwriting."
11) Last sentence - no comma
12)Alum capitalized

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You seem to be the only slow person who has an obvious hard on for Chaminade. So I'll try to explain, the case is already public, so NOW the school can put it out there. There is an allegation, an allegation genius, I can allege that you are a pedophile as well, are you??? The media is quoting a source that they vetted, therefore the information probably has some validity. The school cannot just say, so and so is a pedophile because one of our students said so. Is it clear? You are a seriously strange dude. Your anti Chaminade bias is so obvious. A staff member appears to be pedophile, they are addressing it, what is your problem? If you are a past victim I get the outrage, but there are legal protections for people, the school has to honor those obligations. Where is your scorn and anger for the Nassau District Attorney who brought NO charges against this man? Are they not complicit as well? How about the Nassau PD special victims squad who apparently did NOTHING with these allegations, where is your anger towards them? You are a phony, your false anger at this is pathetic, you could care less about the student, you sit there in glee over the embarrassment that a really good institution is suffering through. Are you also anti Penn State? Would you condemn Joe Pa for his knowledge of an abusive coach? Would you ever let your son go there? I'm sure if the offer cam you would pack up junior and send him off in his navy and whites and wear your Penn State Lacrosse sweatshirt every day. Typical hater, typical hypocrite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably a mistake to say "ANY college has the highest regard". A better characterization is that amongst the Catholic Universities the Chaminade degree is a very recognizable one and is considered a positive when considering acceptance. That list is a pretty good list of schools (ND, HC, BC, Georgetown, Loyola, Villanova, to name a few). For non-secular schools I think there is a certain level of respect that the New England and Middle Atlantic schools probably have. It appears that the NESCAC schools take a fair amount of Chaminade candidates, and not all playing a sport. The Ivies are probably less impressed by a Catholic education, and a sport sure helps. In fact it probably works against a very qualified non-athlete, they're not going to take a large amount from any one school.....works against the diversification they all look to display.
As for the rest of the country, as per your example of Clemson, yeah I agree. I am not sure they buy the narrative. That is somewhat to be expected because they don't have the history with the school those other schools have. The Catholic's, the NESCAC's, the Lehigh's and Bucknell's have track records of Chaminade students performance, both while in school and as an alum of their institution.

Is it a good school, absolutely. Are there plenty of other good schools?, no doubt.
Does it need to be bashed on here non-stop? You tell me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1)completly
2)Delutional
3)Colleges capitalized
4) Regard capitalized
8)absolutely
12)Alum capitalized

They did stress they were not a Chaminade alumni.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
English and language arts teacher ? really? why wouldn't you name the institution? go ahead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1)completly
2)Delutional
3)Colleges capitalized
4) Regard capitalized
8)absolutely
12)Alum capitalized

I am. Is that the proper use of alumni? Alumnae? Alumnus? That's why I stick to graduate. ;-)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1)completly
2)Delutional
3)Colleges capitalized
4) Regard capitalized
8)absolutely
12)Alum capitalized

I am. Is that the proper use of alumni? Alumnae? Alumnus? That's why I stick to graduate. ;-)

I am NOT a Chaminade graduate. I am female. However, based on my Catholic High School Entrance Examination score back in the day, I would have been admitted to Chaminade had I been male. The proper use of suffix in that context would have been "alumnus" (male, singular).

With that, if one uses the term "graduate(s)" one will always be correct. Kudos.

Who's your mommy.....?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So...we can all agree. this poster was neither a college instructor nor a Chaminade grad.?

Like Reply Quote
Page 46 of 111 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard