BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 75 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 74 75
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
the MD NU game shows just how physical the womens sport is. more chopping than a hibachi restaurant and the officials haven't pulled out a single card. NU players with cut off shirts to show how jacked the are from old-school powerlifting routine. game is changing so rapidly.

And also shows that NU has improved a lot over the course of the season. However, just as their defense was starting to gel, holding penn st. to 6 and keeping Maryland under control, they lose one of their key defenders to what looked like a bad shoulder/collar bone injury. Just not their year, but looked better against Maryland than I thought they would.

Final four looks to definitely include Florida and Maryland based on the brackets. SB/BC/SYR/USC is a tough one to call, but likely SYR and the other bracket looks tough. UNC is the favorite of course, but they had a one goal win over Duke in the ACC tournament, an OT loss to Louisville, an OT win over NU and a couple of tough games w ND that they pulled away late in each.

I think you are mistaken about the UNC louisville game

yes sorry ... UNC crushed Louisville. I was thinking ND-Louisville.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
Terrible draw for Stony Brook.

And how about the UNC bracket?

UNC
Notre Dame
Louisville
NU
Duke
Loyola

Toughest top to bottom.

Penn gets the cake walk to a meeting with Florida

If Penn deserves the 7 seed (no idea if they do) they should play Florida (#2) in the Quarters.

Penn and Cornell being seeded is a joke. The committee has some strange ways of doing business.

I was told a few years ago that geography plays a big part in setting up the brackets - mainly to keep travel costs down, but I'm sure attendance is a factor too. Other than James Madison going to USC, looks like that pretty much holds true this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terrible draw for Stony Brook.

The fact they are not seeded is embarrassing when Penn and Cornell are.

Plus SB has to play a road game in the first round. Apparently SU wasn't available, so BC is hosting the opening weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the MD NU game shows just how physical the womens sport is. more chopping than a hibachi restaurant and the officials haven't pulled out a single card. NU players with cut off shirts to show how jacked the are from old-school powerlifting routine. game is changing so rapidly.

And also shows that NU has improved a lot over the course of the season. However, just as their defense was starting to gel, holding penn st. to 6 and keeping Maryland under control, they lose one of their key defenders to what looked like a bad shoulder/collar bone injury. Just not their year, but looked better against Maryland than I thought they would.

Final four looks to definitely include Florida and Maryland based on the brackets. SB/BC/SYR/USC is a tough one to call, but likely SYR and the other bracket looks tough. UNC is the favorite of course, but they had a one goal win over Duke in the ACC tournament, an OT loss to Louisville, an OT win over NU and a couple of tough games w ND that they pulled away late in each.

yeah strange right?? bodying up can cause an injury... hmm, maybe football, men's lacrosse, ice hockey all have it right with helmets and pads. Someone is going to get maimed out there. savage amount of body and stick to body contact..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yeah strange right?? bodying up can cause an injury... hmm, maybe football, men's lacrosse, ice hockey all have it right with helmets and pads. Someone is going to get maimed out there. savage amount of body and stick to body contact..

The second the girls start wearing more protective equipment is the second they start hitting each other even harder. More padding doesn't mean safer. Look at football. Players didn't start leading with their heads until they got face masks and better helmets. Put on a leather helmet and see how many players are diving head first.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No if you saw the injury you would know it had nothing to do with that. It was a freak collision where they were both actually trying to avoid each other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100 % agree

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Put the armour on the girls and a good number on them will either stop playing, or never start. That is what my daughter believes. And she was a collegiate AA and played on USA. She is 5'6" and weighs about 125. She has no interest in hitting or being hit, and is convinced the level of contact will increase with helmets. She has also said the number of times someone's head makes contact with you when you play is fairly high, glancing you when going for ground balls or ducking a head while trying to drive past a defender. Things that aren't going to cause injury but there is contact nevertheless. She has zero interest in getting hit with a helmet every time those things occur.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NO one wants to watch women looking like men. Keep the speed creativity and fluidity in and get the jacked women out and GET THE HACKING OUT OF THE GAME! This is 4 years and done. Have the ladies still be ladies after 4 years

Idiot. Let me guess, so they can go back to the kitchen, pregnant and ironing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"get the jacked women out". "Have the ladies still be ladies". What??? Anorexia combined with splash of submissiveness is ideal?

Just Wow....you criticize athletes who strive to be the best they can be....who dedicate themselves to being stronger, faster, and more skilled than you could ever wish to be? I can guess your gut is about as round as you are tall, and you are the typical jacka** on the sidelines screaming "RUN" to your kid when YOU haven't moved more than 10 feet at any given stretch of time for the last 20+ years. These women are beautiful. I realize they have the muscles you always wished you could have, but get a grip and crawl back in your hole. God bless them and their dedication. They SHOULD show off their muscles and be proud of what hard work can do. They are beautiful women who were obviously blessed with parents who taught them to be proud of who they are and the bodies that God gave them. I feel very sorry for your daughter.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Put the armour on the girls and a good number on them will either stop playing, or never start. That is what my daughter believes. And she was a collegiate AA and played on USA. She is 5'6" and weighs about 125. She has no interest in hitting or being hit, and is convinced the level of contact will increase with helmets. She has also said the number of times someone's head makes contact with you when you play is fairly high, glancing you when going for ground balls or ducking a head while trying to drive past a defender. Things that aren't going to cause injury but there is contact nevertheless. She has zero interest in getting hit with a helmet every time those things occur.

Would be a different game with helmets and you are probably right some girls wouldn't start playing. I still think the game needs a foul system that penalizes players after multiple infractions but lets start by calling and carding the chopping. The rules are already written but they aren't being enforced.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can Stony Brook make a deep run this year? The seeding and the travel makes it seem like the committee doesn't like them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can Stony Brook make a deep run this year? The seeding and the travel makes it seem like the committee doesn't like them

So lame...they are a top 7 team all year and the committee basically ranks them 13th. They didn't deserve a bye but deserved to at least host a home game.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

If they win more of the early non-conference games maybe a seeding. But they only had one win in those games and the conference is very weak. I was looking forward to a home game myself especially after Syracuse couldn't host.

Speaking of Syracuse--you are a top national program expecting to be seeded and hosting. How do you schedule something else for the announced first weekend of the lacrosse playoffs? Coach Gait, despite the nice comments he has made publicly, can't be pleased with his university.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So lame...they are a top 7 team all year and the committee basically ranks them 13th. They didn't deserve a bye but deserved to at least host a home game.

Do they dislike the coach? He seems like one of those guys that if he is yours you love him but if he isn't then...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do they dislike the coach? He seems like one of those guys that if he is yours you love him but if he isn't then...

Could be a factor but not sure how anyone would confirm that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In all seriousness, who do you think should be "seeded" higher in tournament, SB or NU? Significant wins SB 1 (Stanford) NU 4 (ND, Penn St, Duke and wait for it ... SB!) And yet NU has the toughest road our of a region having to play Louisville-ND-and then likely UNC. Go figure.

Guess there's a penalty for having the hardest schedule in the nation.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

It's not the coach in my opinion. You play a more difficult schedule with success and you will get a higher seed. I'm surprised they are playing at BC.

A knock against SB is that they tend to be treated as a regional team. Coach doesn't recruit outside of LI because he doesn't have to. Critics of him say he is spread too thin between all his coaching jobs. I think SB is a hard school to recruit outside of the local area and he knows that. So stack up on local, very qualified talent and beat up teams in a weak conference. To his credit he does schedule great non-conference games. They only won one of those.

Syracuse recruits well upstate but they also get the Maryland/DC/LI player too. Is SB good enough to make a run? With some breaks yes. I don't think they get past Syracuse. I hope I'm wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In all seriousness, who do you think should be "seeded" higher in tournament, SB or NU? Significant wins SB 1 (Stanford) NU 4 (ND, Penn St, Duke and wait for it ... SB!) And yet NU has the toughest road our of a region having to play Louisville-ND-and then likely UNC. Go figure.

Still trying? They lost a LOT of games. Lucky to be in at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would be a different game with helmets and you are probably right some girls wouldn't start playing. I still think the game needs a foul system that penalizes players after multiple infractions but lets start by calling and carding the chopping. The rules are already written but they aren't being enforced.

It will start with a soft helmet, so the issue of going injured by getting hit by the helmet will be minimal. But once the helmet is on, soft or hard, the fear of getting your head hit will be lowered. No ball carriers will go at the cage harder, and the risk of ground caused concussions will increase.

I am all for foul counts, with a penalty for excessive numbers. I am also for more stringent enforcement of rules on the books. I also believe that at the youth level the best referees will take a ten seconds to explain to the player what they did wrong. I have seen it done, but not enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not the coach in my opinion. You play a more difficult schedule with success and you will get a higher seed. I'm surprised they are playing at BC.

A knock against SB is that they tend to be treated as a regional team. Coach doesn't recruit outside of LI because he doesn't have to. Critics of him say he is spread too thin between all his coaching jobs. I think SB is a hard school to recruit outside of the local area and he knows that. So stack up on local, very qualified talent and beat up teams in a weak conference. To his credit he does schedule great non-conference games. They only won one of those.

Syracuse recruits well upstate but they also get the Maryland/DC/LI player too. Is SB good enough to make a run? With some breaks yes. I don't think they get past Syracuse. I hope I'm wrong.

Great post. SB will always be a tough place to recruit to. Very good education, Very good facilities but the campus doesn't wow you and its location doesn't help sell the school. I think JS can stay for as long as he wants so he will dabble in lots of other things and stay ranked around #10 year after year and maybe one year they will steal one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NU Dad is off his meds - again. Get something stronger, will ya?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NU Dad is off his meds - again. Get something stronger, will ya?

not a fan of NU or SB. NU should have a difficult road, they lost to a lot of top schools, even though they came on strong in the end, they are probably lucky to be in at all. Not there best year. SB is a joke if not for an errant pass by Albany there watching from home. Losing to 3 of the 4 tough teams on your schedule you wear lucky to be ranked as high as you were. Saying SB is a tough sell is just an excuse. He doesn't just recruit from a single area, he recruits from a single source, and will not look anywhere els, as long as JS is at SB they will never win. Both could very well lose first gameSB probably will and your fans will cry, but in reality there not that good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And neither is your spelling! They're is a contraction of "they are" and is not spelled "there". I think you substituted "there" for "their" somewhere else but I can't stomach reading your post again. Whatever you were trying to say is lost in bad grammar and run on sentences. To much time on the field, not enough time hitting the books, eh?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They were seeded higher last year and had the home field advantage. How did that work out for them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And neither is your spelling! They're is a contraction of "they are" and is not spelled "there". I think you substituted "there" for "their" somewhere else but I can't stomach reading your post again. Whatever you were trying to say is lost in bad grammar and run on sentences. To much time on the field, not enough time hitting the books, eh?

That would be "too much time on the field"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Boom. Drop the mic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being that they never won before he got there YOU make less than zero sense loll SB lost to #2 Florida by 1, northwestern by 1, lost to undefeated USC then beat top 10 Stanford by 10 and beat Hopkins that program has come an eternity in the last 5 years. Looking at the bracket they got a tough draw being the higher seed but playing BC at BC A team That BEAT Syracuse as well as some other top teams then if they win playing Syracuse. Also not very fair to a top seeded team ranked 5th possibly having to play another top 10 or a team that beat them in their first round game while teams barely in top 20 getting a cake walk.
Also thought Maryland bracket was rough as well , while it seems the 7,8 seeded teams got a great draw of teams. Either way a very fun time of the year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still trying? They lost a LOT of games. Lucky to be in at all.

Lost a lot of games because they played a lot of top teams ... winning games against weak opponents should not be valued more than taking on the toughest teams and winning some of them. Again, laxpower takes all of it in to consideration and puts NU at 8th. Lax Magazine did a bracket prediction before selections were made and had NU as the #7 seed (and SB as 8th btw). The committee screwed both teams in my opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SB plays in an easy conference. And went 1 for 4 against the legit programs. What seed did you expect?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being that they never won before he got there YOU make less than zero sense loll SB lost to #2 Florida by 1, northwestern by 1, lost to undefeated USC then beat top 10 Stanford by 10 and beat Hopkins that program has come an eternity in the last 5 years. Looking at the bracket they got a tough draw being the higher seed but playing BC at BC A team That BEAT Syracuse as well as some other top teams then if they win playing Syracuse. Also not very fair to a top seeded team ranked 5th possibly having to play another top 10 or a team that beat them in their first round game while teams barely in top 20 getting a cake walk.
Also thought Maryland bracket was rough as well , while it seems the 7,8 seeded teams got a great draw of teams. Either way a very fun time of the year
what doesn't make sense is this post, can anyone understand this? Before JS got to SB no one thought they would win, now that he is at SB all you SB fans think the can, I don't think that will ever happen with him at SB. People com on here saying how SB lost by 1 goal to this team or that, and if you would stop crying long enough to educate yourself on the topic, by reading something instead of complaining, you would know that the selection committee goes on RPI and wins and losses first, meaning, they do not care if you lost by 1 or 100 , and did you play weaker opponents, both of which you did, so lower seed for you. Be grateful you got the AQ, because like I said if not for 1 bad pass, your team is home watching on TV

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SB plays in an easy conference. And went 1 for 4 against the legit programs. What seed did you expect?

Nu ranked 10th in the final poll. Louisville 8th. One might argue that Louisville is getting screwed too. The 8th ranked team has to play the 10th ranked team in the first round of a 26 team tournament with 6 byes. You try to figure that out? the 8th ranked team in first round should be playing the 24th ranked team. The committee really doesn't do a very good job. It does seem geography plays a big role, but that is just ridiculous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook will continue to be ranked around #10 and hope they steal one in a magical year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think anyone thinksSB deserved to be ranked ahead of the top 6 seeds but they do have a top 10 win which is plenty more than a Towson. Cornell also should not be home. Not saying SB was a guarantee top seed. Tough for all NON power conference teams because their in conference schedule hurts them and that is uncontrollable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Stony Brook will continue to be ranked around #10 and hope they steal one in a magical year [/quote

Funny very similar to another Anerica east program Albany men good for both programs fun teams to watch

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what doesn't make sense is this post, can anyone understand this? Before JS got to SB no one thought they would win, now that he is at SB all you SB fans think the can, I don't think that will ever happen with him at SB. People com on here saying how SB lost by 1 goal to this team or that, and if you would stop crying long enough to educate yourself on the topic, by reading something instead of complaining, you would know that the selection committee goes on RPI and wins and losses first, meaning, they do not care if you lost by 1 or 100 , and did you play weaker opponents, both of which you did, so lower seed for you. Be grateful you got the AQ, because like I said if not for 1 bad pass, your team is home watching on TV

You have some good points but if your going to talk with facts Sb was in regardless of Sunday like YOU said RPI is a major factor and theirs was 11 so they were in. Would of gotten in over Hopkins (they beat them head to head ) JMU low RPI as well as BC lower RPI But your other facts are fair. As a longtime LIer there was a time bit long ago when SB would have 4/5 conference losses!! So please give credit where it's due. Not doing so gets in the way of some great points for people who don't know

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forget SB. How is that draw fair for Syracuse. Top seed plays either team that beat them or #6/7 team in polls Committee did a very suspect job

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nun will beat ND

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After years of very little controversy, this years brackets open them up to 2nd guessing with almost every seeding. Maybe this is the year for the big upset?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Boom. Drop the mic.

I would consider using an exclamation point (!) after Boom. More like, Boom!

Page 22 of 75 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 74 75

Link Copied to Clipboard