BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 32 of 44 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 43 44
Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why should we stop, all 91 can think and breath is winning some stupid tournament, and in the mean time pushing good kids and family to the curb, if you are not in top 16, the coaching staff could give a sh&it about you.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then the only team you could root for is Icon, as they will be the only true 2021 team but may have a hard time physically against the older kids.

And Express, they are bringing their 2021 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL should post rosters and ages on their website. Full disclosure. This way everyone knows what they are up against and people would stop making things up about other teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess I'm missing the issue here. WSYL is finally an age based tournament, with an age cut-off and we're still complaining about teams bringing 'older' kids ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why should we stop, all 91 can think and breath is winning some stupid tournament, and in the mean time pushing good kids and family to the curb, if you are not in top 16, the coaching staff could give a sh&it about you.

what an odd number to choose 16? Sounds like someones son is 17+ typical modern day mommy and daddy complaining. How about "son get better" Coaches not caring?!?! weak

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will definitely root for any team in WSYL whose kids are all born on or after 9/1 and who have been together for years. So, as far I know, I'm rooting for Igloo and hope their skill beats older kids. (A few months may not seem like much, but at this age, it's huge. Assembling an all-star team of kids who have hit puberty and then doing a couple tournaments to qualify is certain to be an effective strategy, but BS in my mind.)

I hear you, but in every tournament prior to this one when Igloo has played 2021, haven't they always had the older kids?
Insert irony here.

The irony is that you unknowingly used this statement in my presence recently and now your post is working exactly opposite your anonymous intention. At least change your verbal phrasing on a written forum so you can't be identified...Is that an orange blush? ; )

Hello BTW. Have a safe trip. See you in MA. Remember - have fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So everyone complains about hold backs and older kids playing on younger team and when the WYSL tries to standardize it the same people complain that the true 2021 teams will suffer, which according to most of you there is no true 2021 team. Unbelievable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So everyone complains about hold backs and older kids playing on younger team and when the WYSL tries to standardize it the same people complain that the true 2021 teams will suffer, which according to most of you there is no true 2021 team. Unbelievable.

Glad this will put teams age-based. That's the way it should be. Not grade. This year is screwed up with last minute rule changes which should not have been implemented.

Problem is the other 99.99% of summer tourneys and events are grad year based. It's the grad year system that's driving the money grabbing showcases and alluring the college coaches.

I say keep everything age based, let the coaches ask what grad year the kids are in. It may make the early recruiting a bit more difficult. Fact is, the age based system levels the playing field and gives the non-entitled athletic kids a shot. Unfortunately, the wealthy private school families with holdbacks and donations will never let that happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will definitely root for any team in WSYL whose kids are all born on or after 9/1 and who have been together for years. So, as far I know, I'm rooting for Igloo and hope their skill beats older kids. (A few months may not seem like much, but at this age, it's huge. Assembling an all-star team of kids who have hit puberty and then doing a couple tournaments to qualify is certain to be an effective strategy, but BS in my mind.)

I hear you, but in every tournament prior to this one when Igloo has played 2021, haven't they always had the older kids?
Insert irony here.

The irony is that you unknowingly used this statement in my presence recently and now your post is working exactly opposite your anonymous intention. At least change your verbal phrasing on a written forum so you can't be identified...Is that an orange blush? ; )

Hello BTW. Have a safe trip. See you in MA. Remember - have fun.

Not blushing, no need too. Truth is the truth, although you continue to deny it. Not worried about you big guy. See you in Worcester.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is going with a true 2021 team

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, that is what you keep saying. I believe that you think you are being truthful, but you are mistaken.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your saying older kids, and in fact that is the issue we are all debating here. Older vs. grade, because there are two situations that a public school player could be playing in a lower grade here on Long Island.

First, the player is held back, or reclassified, and in this case the player will be much older, stronger, and in a place of strategic advantage. This is clearly not a safe way to compete at the early ages.

Second, is a player who has a birth date after September 1st, which results in this player being the same age as everyone in the lower grade, but because New [lacrosse] is one of the only states to have a December cutoff, this player is considered a grade above, when according to the rest of the countries public school systems (September 1st should be the cutout).

Players who fall into the first category should never be allowed to participate in that grade at least until 9th grade. Players who fall into the second category are in a weir position. According to US Lacrosse they should be on the teams with kids with their similar age, not the ones in their grade because those players are a full year older then they are.

So my only suggestion is that clubs all follow different rules, and from what I know there only a few clubs that takes its lead from US Lacrosse which is the national governing body of lacrosse in the United States and I know Igloo is one of them. Everyone else follows a complete grade based program; which allows for kids who are a full year older to be playing with kids a full year younger. However, If you play by Age, then you will have kids who are in a older grades, but they will not be actually older then your son or daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If anyone believes MC will not bring older kids to the tourney you are crazy. Express recruits kids from other teams, brings kids in from their A team to play with B team in tourneys, so there is no way Express which will do anything to gain an advantage is not bringing in outside kids. From these posts it seems Icon is the only true 2021 team. They don't have a older team to take from and there is no way that staff will replace kids from that team and put other kids in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess I'm missing the issue here. WSYL is finally an age based tournament, with an age cut-off and we're still complaining about teams bringing 'older' kids ?

It's no longer an issue of older kids as it is that the rules were changed. Bottom line is that the rules are now the rules. It's just a shame to the kids that made the teams and will no longer be able to have the experience because they are being replaced. Good luck to everyone remember it's about the kids not mommy and daddy's ego

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's no longer an issue of older kids as it is that the rules were changed. Bottom line is that the rules are now the rules. It's just a shame to the kids that made the teams and will no longer be able to have the experience because they are being replaced. Good luck to everyone remember it's about the kids not mommy and daddy's ego

How and why would an organization create a tournament that has a different age requirement than US Lacrosse governing body? Are we saying the leadership, who are very aware of the 9/1 us lax date don't agree with that cut off or that date wasn't convenient for their players? The utter disregard for US Lacrosse guidlines, in addition to them instituting age based player rules will be the demise of this tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How and why would an organization create a tournament that has a different age requirement than US Lacrosse governing body? Are we saying the leadership, who are very aware of the 9/1 us lax date don't agree with that cut off or that date wasn't convenient for their players? The utter disregard for US Lacrosse guidlines, in addition to them instituting age based player rules will be the demise of this tournament.

Because in metro areas all over the country (relatively) affluent parents are starting their boys in kindergarten late to gain them an academic, social and/or athletic advantage. (Mostly a private school thing, as there are regulations for public school, but in my community, ironically or logically, however you look at it, the parents who were big-time DI athletes have done more commonly.) You think they are all of a sudden going to give up that advantage for their kids and let them play on-age with kids the grade above just because of U.S Lacrosse regulations?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No it won't. Age based is the way to go. US Lacrosse had years to set it right and they didn't, so the 9/1 date is no longer valid. 9/1 is also FIL, but out of the hundreds of thousands of lacrosse participants, how many athletes are going to the world level? Unfortunately, USL has done absolutely nothing to govern and allowed the clubs to gain control of the game over the past decade.

USL had the lax world in the palm of it's hand and made one of the biggest chokes of all time. They didn't realize the shot clock was on and missed a golden opportunity in an open net. They don't run the sport any more, the reputation is severely diminished and will now lose out on millions. This occurred mostly because of the Baltimore/Maryland rich crony system that had tight ties to the organization and a decision couldn't be reached on governance or rules. Shot themselves in the foot.

There will be plenty of teams across the US and world that will be more than happy to attend WSYL. Why? Because it's FAIR. (ok, maybe not this year with last minute changes, but it will be) But mainly because a majority of the world plays by the rules and despise rule breakers. In regards to lacrosse, those rule breakers are the holdbacks if you didn't figure that out already. Age based is the deciding factor with talent. 6/1 or 9/1 or 1/1 – it doesn't matter. It's WSYL's rule and WSYL is a rising leader.

Plus, I'm sure WSYL has eyes on more than one yearly event. I wouldn't be surprised if they start sanctioning leagues in the non hotbed areas in the coming years. Current hotbeds will then be forced follow if they want to participate.

And hopefully, during all this change, WSYL will take the reigns and finally provide the leadership and governance the sport deserves. Otherwise, they will prove to be money grabbers themselves and the sport will be in shambles.

Of course, the grade based clubs will continue to money grab and promote showcases on campuses of elite private schools for college coaches. After all it's a business and showcases are an easy sell to deep pockets. The rich will still try to control the sport and claw their way to get recruited, but with a new system it will be a little harder for little Johnny and Jackie to shine.

Considering where lacrosse is headed, I believe college coaches will attend age based events to give scouts more insight into whether talent is legit. Stakes are getting way too high, especially with early recruiting. With age based rules, the playing field will be even, where it's easy to judge talent, and for the scouts it's just another column in the spreadsheet to add grad year. It will take time, but it will happen.

Finally, and it has nothing to do with the above, but the phrase Grow the Game needs to be cut from the lacrosse world vocabulary. It may have started with the right intention, but growing the game has become more about Grabbing money and the Greed of businessmen and doing anything to Get ahead. The phrase is now being used for profit because it's cool to say, or text, or put a hashtag in front of it. It's downright disgusting.

The damage is done but IT'S TIME to move forward. It's time to HONOR the Game.

- Jerry McGuire

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess it works for the older 2021 kids, not sure why any 2020 kids would attend and risk missing a well attended recruiting event back east. its gut wrenching when your at one event playing down with a handful of coaches and your classmates are at an event with a sideline full of coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A well attended recruiting event? Not sure you realize that about 15-20 kids will be recruited this summer for a 2020 kid.

I know 91 and express along with the NLF says there are 2023 showcases but let's be real.

This event is the way it is because too many clubs that were in it last year wanted to make the event a marketing campaign for their clubs.

The issue is igloo carried 2020 kids for years and none of you even knew about it, SAD! This event is allowing everyone to submit birth certificates and the mistake made is going to may! And that's because MD teams have older kids, older than our current 8th graders. Think about that. Go to the rising sons website and look at the DOBs of their 2020s they should all be 2019's here.

As for age bigger, etc all these boys play middle school sports with each other. There are kids that hit puberty in 5th grade and others in 10th bottom line is you can't control that.

Stop worrying about whose bringing who, everyone is apparently within the rules except for 91 who wanted to have a tryout to cut their dead wood and add their 4 crush kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with you!!!

Igloo has been using older players forever!!!!! They actually cut someone because they thought he wasn't going to make the World Series DOB requirement.

91 will stop at nothing to be the Kings of lacrosse!! I am rooting for any team except 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dead would, that's teal funny you little punk [lacrosse] on computer , I will check in later this summer and see who dead wood

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Brian

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's funny, FYI,Brian and is brother care about winning and playing is brother son on every eligible team he can play on, no matter what paying kid they bumpz. Very disappointed, through he was a better person.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's funny, FYI,Brian and is brother care about winning and playing is brother son on every eligible team he can play on, no matter what paying kid they bumpz. Very disappointed, through he was a better person.

NOPE!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hooked on phonics

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny thing igloo has been playing w illegal kids for years. And Tony Bologna has allowed it. I don't like everything 91 is about either but the cheating that igloo has done has irked me Express and 91 are established products while igloo went from non profit to big money grab. No one wants to be involved with igloo not NLF OR the smaller Passport alliance. I wonder why ?! TA is laughed at by club directors

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get a life you jerk ....if you think igloo is the only one that has used so called "illegal" players your sadly mistaken .....FA get a life!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any scores from mass??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams advance from each qualifier?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think top 4, 16 altogether. I think

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think top 4, 16 altogether. I think
I thought I heard that too- but wasn't sure. Thanks for responding.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy has really improved, doing real well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo smokes the Blaze 11-4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island express looking rough in Mass. Legacy yes legacy blow them out!! They may need to hold another tryout for the summer season.

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Coach Brian may be smoking on the way home!
Igloo smokes the Blaze 11-4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You just make my night.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey 91 how did those extra players work out for you ???? LMAO maybe you should just play with your team ....poor kids who you replaced could not have done any worse than what you had . Very said all that BS and you get smoked

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, that is what you keep saying. I believe that you think you are being truthful, but you are mistaken.

Facts, 8th graders on their team.

Page 32 of 44 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard