BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,991
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 64 of 90 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 89 90
Re: Boys 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
He scored two goals. Impressive. He will be under the microscope for a while now.

Easy there! It was a scrimmage, not the same as a game. First one today, so we can start citing stats then.

Actually today is a scrimmage as well. First game is 3/29 vs a weak NB.

Was at Bay Shore West Islip scrimmage today (West Islip parent)the kid is for real, I've watched him play over the years at different events town and travel and he only gets better, unfortunately for now only glaring bright spot on a weak Bay Shore team, the kid had 3 or 4 goals and a few assists, size and speed of a hs senior

I didn't know there was a size for a HS senior... So what was the score of the scrimmage. I assume he scored his goals early and not when the reserves were in

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He scored two goals. Impressive. He will be under the microscope for a while now.

Easy there! It was a scrimmage, not the same as a game. First one today, so we can start citing stats then.

Was at Bay Shore West Islip scrimmage today (West Islip parent)the kid is for real, I've watched him play over the years at different events town and travel and he only gets better, unfortunately for now only glaring bright spot on a weak Bay Shore team, the kid had 3 or 4 goals and a few assists, size and speed of a hs senior

I didn't know there was a size for a HS senior... So what was the score of the scrimmage. I assume he scored his goals early and not when the reserves were in

Now, Now there is that green monster showing its face again they were actually scored in the first couple quarters .lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're either his dad or his press agent. Once the real games start we'll see. Thanks for the update!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry but the Islip game was a non league game not scrimmage, it counts for stats and it counts for w/l's those counting. No worries North Babylon Brentwood Copaigue William Flyodd are coming up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry but the Islip game was a non league game not scrimmage, it counts for stats and it counts for w/l's those counting. No worries North Babylon Brentwood Copaigue William Flyodd are coming up.

Not a NL according to section x1. The next several games don't even feature real lacrosse players, so let's hold off on counting stats till you play a somewhat competitive team. Then we can assess the talent, or lack of.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didn't know those schools still had lacrosse. Does BS play any good teams all year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didn't know those schools still had lacrosse. Does BS play any good teams all year?

Let's put down 4 programs you obnoxious, stuck up a-holes. I can't speak for Brentwood or Copaigue but North Babylon and William Floyd have some very good players on their teams. I coached against both those teams over the summer and they both had some talented kids and quite a few very good athletes. There are talented kids all over the island. Not just at the traditional high schools. Get over yourselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How was that scrimmage? What was the final score?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's put down 4 programs you obnoxious, stuck up a-holes. I can't speak for Brentwood or Copaigue but North Babylon and William Floyd have some very good players on their teams. I coached against both those teams over the summer and they both had some talented kids and quite a few very good athletes. There are talented kids all over the island. Not just at the traditional high schools. Get over yourselves.

I apologize ..so they should be able to roll over BS , all they have to do is put one of their half way talented kids on him or one of their top players.. Good luck I can't wait to see the final score

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Jealous Dbag, the Islip GAME was a GAME, not a scrimmage. Listed on LAXPOWER and reported on in Newsday. I'm not his press agent, from Bayshore or 91... I do have a '20 kid though. This kid is good and he will continue to be big, very big; always has been--there is no "catching up". He will continue to be talented and bigger. Deal with it... That being said, no idea about the family or the need to commit and announce at this point, but none of my business either...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a NL according to section x1. The next several games don't even feature real lacrosse players, so let's hold off on counting stats till you play a somewhat competitive team. Then we can assess the talent, or lack of.

Go to the Sect XI site go to "Student and fans" header and then click "standings" from the list - click Boys lacrosse.

This is a useful tool going forward.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Jealous Dbag, the Islip GAME was a GAME, not a scrimmage. Listed on LAXPOWER and reported on in Newsday. I'm not his press agent, from Bayshore or 91... I do have a '20 kid though. This kid is good and he will continue to be big, very big; always has been--there is no "catching up". He will continue to be talented and bigger. Deal with it... That being said, no idea about the family or the need to commit and announce at this point, but none of my business either...

Agreed, he also has a great mentor upper classman who will help take any pressure off of him. If you don't see stats doesn't mean his play wasn't impactful. We all know good even great play doesn't show on the stat sheet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Over the past 10 years Floyd has kids who went on to play at Hopkins, Notre Dame, Albany, Stony Brook and Sacred Heart off the top of my head. They also had a bunch of kids be major contributors at DII schools like NY Tech, Post and Dowling. They are not a major program but they have kids who can play. Your comment is stupid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Over the past 10 years Floyd has kids who went on to play at Hopkins, Notre Dame, Albany, Stony Brook and Sacred Heart off the top of my head. They also had a bunch of kids be major contributors at DII schools like NY Tech, Post and Dowling. They are not a major program but they have kids who can play. Your comment is stupid.

I don't think the comment was downplaying or pin pointing any particular kids on those teams, rather those teams as a whole. Please look at the records of the schools mentioned they have not had much success in the way of wins and loses. The last few years they had been a part of the bottom 6-8 schools in the league. Last few years many of the top players (from Quot WM Smiths HHHs WI) had their opportunity against these teams which added to their stats. This year interestingly many top teams do not get that chance WM SE and Quot don't play any of them.

History proves playing against these teams you should come away with points. Maybe 18 points per these games. But as they say that is why you play the games. Any team can have a surprising season just as any team can have a disappointing one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This goes to show you don't have to be a part of a big program to play on the next level, you just need to be able to play. At the same time you cant dispute the better teams consistently do well and avg 10+ goals against you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's see you are now in the NSCLA is your team playing in Hershey june 18-19

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of discussion about why he should be looking at a better academic institution. Here's what puzzles me: why not go to a better LACROSSE program? I think Penn State is an outstanding university in many regards. But they aren't an outstanding lacrosse program. I'm just surprised he didn't select a program that is likely, based on recent performance and current trending, to play for a national championship.
Better lacrosse program....like where? Virginia, hopkins? have the best kids and fail every year. Maybe he wants to go put Penn State in the Finals. And Penn State is a very selective school. At least main campus is. I went to a very high academic patriot league school and was waitlisted at Penn State.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 of Newsdays top 12 Varsity players to watch this spring are going to Penn State. I'm sure they could have went anywhere they wanted!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Um, Hopkins was in the Final Four last year. Penn State has made the NCAA tournament a grand total of ONE time in the past 10 years, and only 3 times EVER.

I don't begrudge the kid at all for blazing his own path. I'm just saying it's surprising.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Um, Hopkins was in the Final Four last year. Penn State has made the NCAA tournament a grand total of ONE time in the past 10 years, and only 3 times EVER.

I don't begrudge the kid at all for blazing his own path. I'm just saying it's surprising.

Penn State just beat Denver, #1 team, maybe the kids commitment will continue to bring them good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Penn State just beat Denver, #1 team, maybe the kids commitment will continue to bring them good luck!

Penn State over Denver 15-10, Denver current national champs, undefeated number #1 ranked team, point being in the current enviornment any given day .......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Penn State over Denver 15-10, Denver current national champs, undefeated number #1 ranked team, point being in the current enviornment any given day .......

Good Newsday high school sports piece on sunday 03/27 high lighting one of, if not the top fogo men in the country , and where is he heading to college , Penn State. Maybe these long Island elite recruits and the school actually have a plan.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Challenge to all LI 2020 teams. Madlax 2020 is not playing in a league this year. Ample opportunities for your teams to come down to beautiful DC and play one of the best 2020 teams in the nation.

Any of you tough enough to take the challenge?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Challenge to all LI 2020 teams. Madlax 2020 is not playing in a league this year. Ample opportunities for your teams to come down to beautiful DC and play one of the best 2020 teams in the nation.

Any of you tough enough to take the challenge?

One of the best teams that's a good joke. If they're so good why aren't they playing in hoco

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would this be the MadLax team that lost 10-0 to Looney's in November, just trying to level set...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would anyone travel 5 hours to play a mediocre at best team when they have much better competition in LI, NJ and Philly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would anyone travel 5 hours to play a mediocre at best team when they have much better competition in LI, NJ and Philly.

Why don't you drive 5 hours north up to NY and I'm sure many teams would love to play you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would this be the MadLax team that lost 10-0 to Looney's in November, just trying to level set...

They also lost at Hopkins tournament a couple of weeks ago. They are a middle of the road team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They also lost at Hopkins tournament a couple of weeks ago. They are a middle of the road team.

We were missing a ton of guys. We've also added a bunch of studs.

You guys are tough on the Internet but not so tough on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We were missing a ton of guys. We've also added a bunch of studs.

You guys are tough on the Internet but not so tough on the field.

Always an excuse, don't have to be tough on the Internet or the field because 2020 Madhatters are just terrible. Any wimpy squad can whip them!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, should your club coach really brag about your stats when you play a very lower level team. Why don't we wait to brag till you reach a contender. Otherwise you look like a foolish Stat seeker. Easy there, borderline embarrassment to the kid and your brand. We all know the kid has talent, but this is not necessary, and not a meaningful stat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, should your club coach really brag about your stats when you play a very lower level team. Why don't we wait to brag till you reach a contender. Otherwise you look like a foolish Stat seeker. Easy there, borderline embarrassment to the kid and your brand. We all know the kid has talent, but this is not necessary, and not a meaningful stat.

Kid is definetely NOT a "Stat Seeker" just playing the game, enough already . In these days of all the constant whining on here about reclass and hold backs kid still playing with kids 3,4, and 5 yrs older. If you need to Make reference to the coach not the kid .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Running up the score Against a sub par team is generally frowned upon. Most teams pull starters and play 3rd lines when beating a team by 10+ goals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kid is definetely NOT a "Stat Seeker" just playing the game, enough already . In these days of all the constant whining on here about reclass and hold backs kid still playing with kids 3,4, and 5 yrs older. If you need to Make reference to the coach not the kid .

Question.Kids can commit verbally and not announc it correct?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids can commit and not announce it. Some schools such as Duke ND and some Ivy League schools toward end of freshman year have agreements with kids but do not make an official commitment til end of freshman year grades come in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids can commit and not announce it. Some schools such as Duke ND and some Ivy League schools toward end of freshman year have agreements with kids but do not make an official commitment til end of freshman year grades come in.

Not true at all. They will all commit a kid in the 9th grade. They try to keep it hush hush but they will commit their top prospects. If they are telling you they have to wait then you are not at the top of their list. Coaches all have a variety of thing they tell recruits to keep them on the line but the reality is that if you are at the top of the list they will pull the trigger quickly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Impressive showing for the 8th grade varsity kid. Don't care who they are playing--for a 13/14 yr old kid to compete at varsity level is commendable. stop hating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Running up the score Against a sub par team is generally frowned upon. Most teams pull starters and play 3rd lines when beating a team by 10+ goals.

Team doesn't have a third line. They carry maybe 20 kids. Stop. You match goal for goal after a 10 point spread

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Madlax wants to play some real teams maybe they should travel to Long Island.
If Madlax wants to talk they should walk the walk. I've never seen them at any Long Island tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Madlax wants to play some real teams maybe they should travel to Long Island.
If Madlax wants to talk they should walk the walk. I've never seen them at any Long Island tournaments.

Why would we travel up there? The best events are here. The best 2020 teams are here too (Madlax, Crabs and Looneys).

Page 64 of 90 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 89 90

Link Copied to Clipboard