BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,750
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 255 of 265 1 2 253 254 255 256 257 264 265
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I cant wait till your kids get to high because little Timmy get to try and compete with Tommy who's 19yr old Senior. Have fun playing JV, your kids arent that special. Stop complaining about holdbacks and kid flying in. Guess what it happens at every MIAAA school.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
HoCo coaches need better concussion training. A concussed player was sent back in the game and things clearly got worse from there. When kids take significant blows to the head they should come out of the game for assessment and coaches should err on side of caution before subbing them back in. These games are meaningless fun but concussion impacts can be serious and last a lifetime. It shouldn't take a kid lying on the ground, puking, or not knowing where he is to diagnose a concussion. Hope coaches and the league will do better for the kids going forward.

Did this happen this weekend? That is terrible.

It happened last week to the FCA fogo. Their coaching staff has many decades of experience and should know better. I hope the player is ok.
I was there… the play where the kid was injured did not appear to be much contact. Next thing we know, he’s on the sideline and they’re calling for a doctor while the game is still joking on (about 3 min left). Couldn’t understand why the refs didn’t immediately call the game, it took them about 5 min to realize what was happening on the sideline. Tough to blame coaches, I’m sure the last thing they’d have done is send a kid out who’s at risk, and the game was already well decided.

It's all on video clear as day: Kid is slashed in back of head by his own teammate who is going for ground ball. Force of the slash drives FCA player's head into turf. Kid has trouble getting up and holds his head in pain. Cameraman in crow's nest immediately calls out: "He is concussed." Refs stop game. No flag because he was slashed by his own teammate. Coaches take him out. At that point system worked. Next step should have been a grownup telling him he's done for the day. But score had gone from 9-1 to 9-6. Game got tighter. 'Old school' lax culture takes over and FCA sends FOGO back out with his 'bell rung' despite clear concussion symptoms. Someone on FCA sideline should have spoken up. Instead, grownups let that kid down. And FCA coach (assistant?) owes DCE coach an apology for chirping and saying "Good job! Hope you feel good about this" (gesturing to hurt FOGO in distress as people start calling for an ambulance). The FCA coach escalated tensions and game got chippier. Game called after dirty hit by FCA player who cross checked the head of DCE kid half his size. FCA sideline cheered wildly as DCE kid is injured. Again, it is all on tape. Hope HoCo reviews and takes action to prevent future incidents.

You clearly weren’t there and clearly aren’t involved. you’re not even half right about the initial hit, I’m sure you mean well and appreciate your concern but you don’t have a clue.

just watched the film and this looks completely accurate to me. what did you see differently?

Gotta love it when people back up their posts with receipts. Well done to whomever watched that vid and pulled out the timestamps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question for the Crabs and FCA parents with kids who go to McDonough and BL… and this is an honest question, not meant to be snarky: why don’t your boys play on the 8th grade teams for those respective schools? We’ve played them this spring and their teams are terrible, they certainly could use those kids

BL is undefeated. What are you smoking?

BL is undefeated because they cancelled their game against Lawrenceville and will not reschedule because it would give them a loss. Not an MIAA loss but still a loss.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The video will be taken down soon I’m sure. This goes against the league coaches agreed to policies. FCA 2028 coaches should be held accountable. This will potentially be national lacrosse news by the end of the day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question for the Crabs and FCA parents with kids who go to McDonough and BL… and this is an honest question, not meant to be snarky: why don’t your boys play on the 8th grade teams for those respective schools? We’ve played them this spring and their teams are terrible, they certainly could use those kids

BL is undefeated because they cancelled their game against Lawrenceville and will not reschedule because it would give them a loss. Not an MIAA loss but still a loss.
Won’t play Mater Dei either. MDei beat McDonough 11-1 using their 7th graders for the second half.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eye in the sky don’t lie.

1:15:25 - Concussion causing hit occurs during faceoff when #9 accidentally tomahawk chops #5 in back of head. Kid's head is driven into turf and he remains on ground clutching head. Play is blown dead to tend to injured player.

1:15:45 - Cameraman: “He is concussed.” FCA coaches saw it right in front of them.

1:20:15 - Concussed player is inserted back into game after DCE goal makes it 9-6, early 4th quarter.

1:30:30 - After FCA has gone back up 13-6, coach is heard asking #5 if he is ok as kid goes to take another face off. #5 is not okay. He's led off field by a coach, holding his head in pain.

1:31:25 - Ref comes to sideline to announce penalties on two players away from ball, one from each team. Things are spiraling off camera and you can hear adults rendering aid.

1:31:38 - FCA coach engages BLC coaches, points to injured kid and says: “Look at this. Good job!” Other adults are talking about calling 9-1-1 to help concussed kid.

1:32:20 - FCA sideline is asking if there is a trainer.

1:33:40 - #3 on FCA delivers vicious hit to smaller DCE player's head. DCE kid is injured and FCA bench erupts in cheers and high fives for the player who delivered blow.

Refs confer. The game is called.

https://www.youtube.com/live/2lcnxqB5JKo?si=Kna-MDboGdzuM0l_

Here’s the game film. This poster is 100% correct. The FCA wing player #9 comes in and inadvertently chops the injured player right on the back of the neck. It’s clear as day when you slow this video down.

The FCA coaches are completely at fault here, despite what they’d like to admit. Particularly the way they handled the end. Great Fellowship of Christian Athletes, what an oxymoron in this case.

I just watched and this is awful. The FCA coach was taunting the DCE bench is an old looking white haired guy who should have more maturity than that. Is that the FCA head coach who is also the Calvert Hall coach? and FCA's #3's retaliation hit on the DCE player was a deliberate attempt to injure a defenseless player, and a hit to the head. he didn't even think about playing the ball. If the game had not been called, that should/would have been a 2 or 3 minute full time penalty and an ejection. But the FCA coaches and players were high fiving and congratulating him for head hunting while literally stepping over their own injured player laying on his back waiting for an ambulance!? shame on the coaches on both teams, especially FCA, and the refs, for letting that game get so far out of hand. and shame on the FCA coaches for sending an 8th grader who they knew or should have known was concussed back into the game. and shame on the FCA posters who defend this or smear ("playing detective") the people who are calling it out. let's hope HoCo makes a statement and suspends the team for a period of time.

Agree 100%. The last minute of this game is really incriminating for the FCA coaches. They’ve always seemed like stand up guys, but they’re absolute CLOWNS in this video.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HoCo coaches need better concussion training. A concussed player was sent back in the game and things clearly got worse from there. When kids take significant blows to the head they should come out of the game for assessment and coaches should err on side of caution before subbing them back in. These games are meaningless fun but concussion impacts can be serious and last a lifetime. It shouldn't take a kid lying on the ground, puking, or not knowing where he is to diagnose a concussion. Hope coaches and the league will do better for the kids going forward.

It happened last week to the FCA fogo. Their coaching staff has many decades of experience and should know better. I hope the player is ok.
I was there… the play where the kid was injured did not appear to be much contact. Next thing we know, he’s on the sideline and they’re calling for a doctor while the game is still joking on (about 3 min left). Couldn’t understand why the refs didn’t immediately call the game, it took them about 5 min to realize what was happening on the sideline. Tough to blame coaches, I’m sure the last thing they’d have done is send a kid out who’s at risk, and the game was already well decided.

It's all on video clear as day: Kid is slashed in back of head by his own teammate who is going for ground ball. Force of the slash drives FCA player's head into turf. Kid has trouble getting up and holds his head in pain. Cameraman in crow's nest immediately calls out: "He is concussed." Refs stop game. No flag because he was slashed by his own teammate. Coaches take him out. At that point system worked. Next step should have been a grownup telling him he's done for the day. But score had gone from 9-1 to 9-6. Game got tighter. 'Old school' lax culture takes over and FCA sends FOGO back out with his 'bell rung' despite clear concussion symptoms. Someone on FCA sideline should have spoken up. Instead, grownups let that kid down. And FCA coach (assistant?) owes DCE coach an apology for chirping and saying "Good job! Hope you feel good about this" (gesturing to hurt FOGO in distress as people start calling for an ambulance). The FCA coach escalated tensions and game got chippier. Game called after dirty hit by FCA player who cross checked the head of DCE kid half his size. FCA sideline cheered wildly as DCE kid is injured. Again, it is all on tape. Hope HoCo reviews and takes action to prevent future incidents.

You clearly weren’t there and clearly aren’t involved. you’re not even half right about the initial hit, I’m sure you mean well and appreciate your concern but you don’t have a clue.

just watched the film and this looks completely accurate to me. what did you see differently?

He was hit in the head by the DCE player’s shoulder before the stick to the head. It is obvious when you watch it slowly.

You can see why the keyboard jockeys would see it differently but it was clear in the game and if you slow the video down you see there too.

It really doesn’t matter either way, the people spreading misinfo on this board never seem to apologize.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The video will be taken down soon I’m sure. This goes against the league coaches agreed to policies. FCA 2028 coaches should be held accountable. This will potentially be national lacrosse news by the end of the day.

It's really awful. Especially striking when bracketed by blather about which middle school team has whatever games. While I dont have a kid on either of those teams, anyone who has a kid in that league can't be considered disinterested. Chilling to think how dark that could have gotten. I really hope the kid is ok, and I really hope the league (or county) is aware.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He was hit in the head by the DCE player’s shoulder before the stick to the head. It is obvious when you watch it slowly.

You can see why the keyboard jockeys would see it differently but it was clear in the game and if you slow the video down you see there too.

It really doesn’t matter either way, the people spreading misinfo on this board never seem to apologize.

The cause of the first impact to the FOGO's head is not the issue. nobody is blaming the DCE or FCA player for that. the criticisms of FCA are:

1. multiple, experienced coaches sending the player back into the game
2. The white haired coach taunting the DCE bench
3. FCA #3's hit to the DCE players' head that caused the refs to stop the game.

can we agree that all three of those things happened, and that all three are regrettable?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not only that, BL routinely is showing up to the games with 13-14 kids total, and running roughshod over the other middle school teams. Most BL players play the entire game. What does this mean? Really, nothing....it's 8th grade school lax, it is mostly an afterthought both at public and private school.

But BL is head and shoulders above. And no they aren't the only school playing double holdback 8th graders.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what point you're trying to make here but sure, let's explore it. If the video indicates that the DCE player caused the injury, what then? Even if you're correct (and I'll admit that I don't find the video conclusive one way or another), there was no foul on the play, so what are you trying to say here?

The real point of this is that the kid clearly took a significant blow to the head. You can tell by how he walked off the field that he was not okay. That's not just my opinion, you can hear on the audio that someone near the cameraman thought he was concussed. He should have been taken out of the game immediately, not put back in when the score got close.

And FCA can go ahead and take down that video if they want, but DCE also has video and it was filmed from the same location (top of the press box), and likely picked up the same audio. This is pretty abhorrent behavior by those coaches and if I was that kid's parents I'd be pretty hot about them putting my child at risk like that. Never mind the taunting/antics from the sideline by the staff and players and the cheap shot at the the end of the game, the simple fact that they returned clearly injured kid to the game is pretty stark here. Now go on and tell me why I'm a hammerhead "keyboard jockey" but before you do ask yourself if you would accept coaches doing this to your own child.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For sure there is a motive. Are the rosters accessible? Do the hawks coaches have the ability to pull rosters and check? Does anyone in the league stand up to that program?

In Hoco the roster check process is annoying (I believe $50 cash to the official before first whistle) and the vast majority of country club (or country club wanna be) club coaches consider roster checks "ungentlemanly" and won't do it, even when the players, parents, and coaches know there are violations with the other team. For instance, a 9th grade teacher in the stands for a 2028 game sees 2-3 of her (2027) students suiting up for the 2028 game.

If memory serves (disclaimer), only ML, VLC, and various True teams have been successfully roster checked (violations found) over the years the 2028s have been playing in Hoco. Everybody else operating on the fringe of the rule book has kind of skated by.

You get that $50 back if you're right:

PLAYER ELIGIBILITY
Any team rostering an ineligible player shall automatically forfeit each game in which the player participated
and/or appeared on the official roster. If a team uses a player under an assumed name, that team shall be
suspended from the league. Each game played with that player and all scheduled games not played shall be
forfeited to the opponents.
Protests as to the use of an ineligible player must be made within 48 hours of game time during the regular
season and within one hour of post-season play. A $50 protest fee is required. The protest must be submitted
in writing to the Conference Commissioner. The protest fee will be refunded if the protest is successful.

So this is actually an improvement over the last time I went through the system - eligible players had to be checked *at* beginning of game, no post-game protest of that issue, and instead of forfeiting, the team simply lost those players for the game. I guess they had enough of True teams bringing whoever they want to league games, year after year after year. I like this more strict current version, and the fact that you have 48 hours is nice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be the FCA coach or #9’s dad. You’re literally the only nine who sees it this way. Blinders.

My kid is on neither team. I have no dog in this fight, but I can see with my own eyes what happened in this video. The overweight FCA coach w gray hair is indeed a clown. And it’s not like the game’s outcome was in doubt, the score was 13-6.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Video is up on You Tube.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be the FCA coach or #9’s dad. You’re literally the only nine who sees it this way. Blinders.

My kid is on neither team. I have no dog in this fight, but I can see with my own eyes what happened in this video. The overweight FCA coach w gray hair is indeed a clown. And it’s not like the game’s outcome was in doubt, the score was 13-6.

And you can actually hear someone in the video telling the 9-1-1 operator that the player got “slashed in the head earlier in the game”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And you can actually hear someone in the video telling the 9-1-1 operator that the player got “slashed in the head earlier in the game”
And said person operating the video is with FCA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I cant wait till your kids get to high because little Timmy get to try and compete with Tommy who's 19yr old Senior. Have fun playing JV, your kids arent that special. Stop complaining about holdbacks and kid flying in. Guess what it happens at every MIAAA school.

the number one rule of youth sports: whenever someone supports their position in an argument by referring to the son of the person with whom they disagree as "little Timmy", is on the wrong side of the argument, and is a laxer to boot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Video is up on You Tube.

HoCo has a reputation as a great league so they need to take major action against FCA to maintain credibility.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, but this is beside the point - whether it was someone inadvertently bumping into him or getting slashed on the back of the head, injuries happen in games.

What is inexcusable is that an adult whose first priority should be player safety sent what seems to be a pretty clearly concussed 14-year-old back onto the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This weeks lines for HOCO

No interesting matchups this week as the bottom half of the division faces off with the top half. I would predict that the scores would be closer than expected as I would assume the stronger teams would give significant playing time to bench players. However, that has not been true all season (if anybody knows why I’d like to hear it). On to the match ups:

FCA v team 91. FCA -6 The division’s third best offense faces off against the division’s second worst defense. I expect plenty of scoring on the part of FCA and a lot of disappointment on the part of team 91.

Crabs v DCE. Crabs -8. My analysis for this game is the same as my analysis for DCE’s last game. In eighth grade you score what the defense let’s you score andDCE’s defense allows a lot.

ML v Hawks. Halwks -4. It what passes for this week’s most interesting matchup, perennial championship contender hawks faces off against what is probably the second best defense in the division. This game is make a break for Madlax as a loss with seals their fate and leave them out of the playoffs. Can they pull off the upset? Probably not.

Team money v NL. NL -6. After an amazing 4th come from behind the boys of NL have their confidence back.

Team Money v. ML. ML - 3. It might surprise some people that I have the game at -3 as team money is deservedly in the last place in the division. But ML has a problem scoring and I don’t see that changing this week.

I will omit this week’s final standings prediction as everyone knows what it will be.

Monday recap.

For a weekend with no upsets there were a lot of surprises. There should some serious soul searching by ML and DCE. How can teams with so much talent do so badly. There was never really any doubt that DCE & ML would get beat by the Crabs and Hawks but the way both teams lost has to make you wonder what if anything are these boys getting out of practice. I think Team Money has been put in an aweful position. Other than one or two boys on that team those kids have no business being in the Elite division. Hopefully HOCO can do better next year with their team selection. On to the recap:

FCA v Team 91. 10-9 FCA. Who saw that coming. I certainly didn’t expect such a close game. Team 91 scored a season high of 9 goals. Good for them. ML better watch out next week.

Carbs v DCE. 9-4 Crabs. DCE’s defense woes continue allowing 9 more goals. In their defense , the crabs look fantastic this year with the largest most athletic boys in the division. The only hope is that the speed and skill of the Hawks will finally give them a real game.

ML v Hawks. 15-1 Hawks. The score does not tell the story of how completely Hawks dominated that game. At this point something has to give on ML. For the first time ML 28 will not make the playoffs and I don’t see how ML will come back to anything like they used to be. I believe that looking at the ML offense there is a real possibility that ML goes 1-6. Surprisingly to this writer ML’s defense was totally ineffective against the Hawks. Previously the ML defense was able to contain FCA and Crabs. In this game ML was a one trick pony whose trick didn’t work.

NL v Team Money 17-8 NL. This was a wild beat down with a hatrick by a long pole in the first quarter. The score says little about both teams that we didn’t already know but it does reveal something about HOCO and club lacrosse. You can’t just wander into the elite division and expect to leave with your teeth. Everyone should think about what HOCO can do to give these kids a better experience.

ML v Team Money. 13-6 ML. I admit that I got the line way wrong. I still contend that ML has a ludicrously underpowered offense. However, the fact that team money was the recipient of a 17 point shelling only an hour before their game with ML sufficiently suppressed team, monies defense allowing Madlax to score a season high 13 goals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, but this is beside the point - whether it was someone inadvertently bumping into him or getting slashed on the back of the head, injuries happen in games.

What is inexcusable is that an adult whose first priority should be player safety sent what seems to be a pretty clearly concussed 14-year-old back onto the field.

Yep— all the while jawing at the opposing team’s bench AND players… which is indefensible. I don’t care who you are, what level of sport you’re coaching— you don’t chirp opposing players. Someone with size is liable to come by and knock his block off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

COMPLETELY AGREE! It does not matter who he had contact with. It matters that the kid was clearly shook up and was put back in the game. Concussion protocol awareness is the most basic requirement for any coach. Mandatory for USA lacrosse and Howard County. And the fact the coach blamed the other team for it is an embarrassment. He basically admits the kid took contact by being mad at the other team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, it sounds like you do. Don't play innocent victims here. DCE played nasty and cheap from the beginning. For every penalty that DCE's players received, they would receive a standing ovation from their coach. Is it a new strategy to play a man down but play dirty? DCE started this game to play rough and was receiving a load of penalties and losing 8:0.They targeted some specific FCA players, causing multiple penalties on both teams. At some point, DCE was playing two men down (43:20). By the end of the game, FCA began to retaliate more and more, and it got out of hand.

You sound like a broken MadLax record, trying to justify losing by 8:0 by the end of the first half. I guess you can take whiners out of Madlax, but you can't take Madlax out of whiners.

1:15:28: DCA #30 Pole hits FCA #5 on the back of the helmet. Speed is LOW, Value is UP, and you will hear a clank.

1:33:29: DCA #25 hits FCA #26 in the head, who does not even have a ball at that moment.

And this is just the last 15 minutes. And if it's true that your kid is on neither team and I have no dog in this fight, then it means you know squat!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, it sounds like you do. Don't play innocent victims here. DCE played nasty and cheap from the beginning. For every penalty that DCE's players received, they would receive a standing ovation from their coach. Is it a new strategy to play a man down but play dirty? DCE started this game to play rough and was receiving a load of penalties and losing 8:0.They targeted some specific FCA players, causing multiple penalties on both teams. At some point, DCE was playing two men down (43:20). By the end of the game, FCA began to retaliate more and more, and it got out of hand.

You sound like a broken MadLax record, trying to justify losing by 8:0 by the end of the first half. I guess you can take whiners out of Madlax, but you can't take Madlax out of whiners.

1:15:28: DCA #30 Pole hits FCA #5 on the back of the helmet. Speed is LOW, Value is UP, and you will hear a clank.

1:33:29: DCA #25 hits FCA #26 in the head, who does not even have a ball at that moment.

And this is just the last 15 minutes. And if it's true that your kid is on neither team and I have no dog in this fight, then it means you know squat!

This take really speaks volumes on values and character. What a deranged rant. In the land of grownups, GHCLC and Howard County, MD have been notified that coaches and officials need a refresher on concussion protocols. Whether they act because they care or because they do not want the optical or insurance risk, whatever it takes to prevent this from recurring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, we all have the video now. I don’t see an 8-0 score, but I do see DCE down 6-3 with about 4 straight possessions to make it 6-4, unsuccessfully.

How you can defend anyone on the FCA sideline in this game is laughable

Really hope the injured player is OK. I think he’s their regular faceoff guy, he’s really good. They certainly do need him.

Either way, they’ll finish 3rd or 4th in regular season and get absolutely trounced by either the Crabs or Hawks. And I’ll be pulling for whichever one it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You just don't seem to be getting this. Regardless of how each team played and who instigated what, only one team's coach sent a clearly concussed player back into the game. Seriously man, recommend you seek therapy, don't know why you're digging your heels in on this. It's pretty clear that's what happened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to FCA player is indefensible. Hope he's ok. This should be a wakeup call for whole league. College and NFL has concussion personnel on sideline who can overrule a player going back in a game. Maybe HoCo needs parent volunteers to do same? Someone who understands the scoreboard isn't as important as a kid's brain health. That was not a close call and did not go unnoticed. Yet grownups saw what happened and put kid back in anyway. FCA coaches aren't only ones who make mistakes. But that type of blatant mistake should never happen again to any child and HoCo as a league and teams individually can do something about it: Make every coach go through mid-season concussion protocol training. Send concussion e mail out to parents leaguewide with link to online training. Don't just sweep it under rug.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I watched enough of this tape to know that you’re on your heels trying to deflect what is plainly evident in the game film that all of us can see. FCA clown show at the end. And I was ready to defend the coach until I actually saw what transpired. He's owes a bunch of people an apology starting with his FOGO’s parents. And I see nothing dirty from DCE players, who were down the entire game and getting no help from the refs.

Go sell your @ChillLaxin somewhere else, we all see what we see….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NP here who also has no connection to FCA or DCE (or Madlax). I'm open to believing that there was dirty play by both sides, but the three clips you cite do not back up your claim at all that DCE "played nasty and cheap from the beginning." Merely being two men down (43:20) doesn't prove anything. 1:15:28 is the first impact to the Fogo that everyone is talking about, and it looks like he was slashed inadvertently by his teammate. The hit at 1:33:29 was hard, but did not look dirty nor did it draw a penalty. And yes, the FCA player who got hit did not have the ball "at that moment," but it was a loose ball at his feet, not a hit away from the play.
Can you point to anything else that indicates that DCE played "dirty from the beginning," like maybe a clip from the first half? honestly it feels like the FCA parents are just making stuff up to deflect from what happened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NP here who also has no connection to FCA or DCE (or Madlax). I'm open to believing that there was dirty play by both sides, but the three clips you cite do not back up your claim at all that DCE "played nasty and cheap from the beginning." Merely being two men down (43:20) doesn't prove anything. 1:15:28 is the first impact to the Fogo that everyone is talking about, and it looks like he was slashed inadvertently by his teammate. The hit at 1:33:29 was hard, but did not look dirty nor did it draw a penalty. And yes, the FCA player who got hit did not have the ball "at that moment," but it was a loose ball at his feet, not a hit away from the play.
Can you point to anything else that indicates that DCE played "dirty from the beginning," like maybe a clip from the first half? honestly it feels like the FCA parents are just making stuff up to deflect from what happened.

100%.

Teenage boys will play rough sometimes, that doesn't excuse an adult coach from putting an obviously concussed kid (or even a possibly concussed kid) back in a game ever, let alone because your lead had shrunk a little.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a concerned FCA parent, I had no impression that there was any dirty play from either side. It was a DCE parent (a doctor in the stands) who ran over to assist our player until the medics arrived. And it was about 10 boys from the DCE team who came over and stood by our player while he was cared for by the medics after they had ended the game.

Not sure who is claiming it was a dirty game, if he/she is a FCA parent, but he does not speak for the rest of us. And having seen the video now, I’m a little more disappointed in how this was handled on the FCA sideline.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to FCA player is indefensible. Hope he's ok. This should be a wakeup call for whole league. College and NFL has concussion personnel on sideline who can overrule a player going back in a game. Maybe HoCo needs parent volunteers to do same? Someone who understands the scoreboard isn't as important as a kid's brain health. That was not a close call and did not go unnoticed. Yet grownups saw what happened and put kid back in anyway. FCA coaches aren't only ones who make mistakes. But that type of blatant mistake should never happen again to any child and HoCo as a league and teams individually can do something about it: Make every coach go through mid-season concussion protocol training. Send concussion e mail out to parents leaguewide with link to online training. Don't just sweep it under rug.

I have been a rec coach for years and every year we are required to watch a training video on concussion protocol before we are allowed on the sidelines. Surely HoCo has the same requirements, but sadly there are too many meathead coaches like the FCA white haired guy who don't take it seriously. the obvious solution is to ban FCA from its final two games and playoffs. before you jump all over me for self-interest, my son is on one of the three teams (Hawks, Crabs, Team Money) whose playoff picture is set in stone. this would get the attention of all the coaches and let them know it is serious, way more than a video that nobody takes seriously. it is already going viral, so if HoCo is smart they will want to be known in the lacrosse community as part of the solution and not part of the problem. C'mon HoCo do the right thing!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you have any idea how awful you sound, deflecting an extremely serious safety issue with dense cliches about "whiny old MadLax"? your name may be anonymous, but your team affiliation is not, and you are making things worse for your son's coaches, whose coaching careers could be over because of this. The scene at the end of the game was bad enough, but at least the players and coaches can say they were carried away in the moment. But you make it appear that some parents think that coaching incompetence leading to serious injuries are just another day in the banter of BOTC. Is that really what you think? C'mon man, grow up and think before you type!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the love of god….white hair guy is pompous ex-owner of the Bayhawks. Google him. He’s a gem. Watch the Paul Rabil doc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the love of god….white hair guy is pompous ex-owner of the Bayhawks. Google him. He’s a gem. Watch the Paul Rabil doc.

There is a JHU 1989 player by the same name and it’s a different person. PSA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree 100%. The last minute of this game is really incriminating for the FCA coaches. They’ve always seemed like stand up guys, but they’re absolute CLOWNS in this video.

The fact that you ever thought they were standup guys goes to show you how little you pay attention. CLOWNS is not the word that comes to mind. Classless, corrupt and so far from the Christian values FCA preaches, it’s fool. But because they pray before each game, they ok. Rose colored glasses in a purple sky world dude.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hoping the player is ok? Calling for coaches heads, cmon.More egregious the fact that there’s no emt on site. Gathering we all assume if one of our kids were down, someone other than a parent in the stands could be counted on for aid? Let the league go on, keep the parents in the parking lot.

Hammerhead:Johnny, this is a big “rivalry”, go hit someone. Johnny: Dad(or mom) I’m friends with most of these kids. Hammerhead: not today son, make them pay the price. Johnny: rolls eyes, ok dad(mom).

Viral video? There’s 450 views…anyone watching that would quickly skip through bad lax. See why MIAA brings in out of towners/boarders. Hoco not what it was, there’s hawks, then everyone else…sorry crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hoping the player is ok? Calling for coaches heads, cmon.More egregious the fact that there’s no emt on site. Gathering we all assume if one of our kids were down, someone other than a parent in the stands could be counted on for aid? Let the league go on, keep the parents in the parking lot.

Hammerhead:Johnny, this is a big “rivalry”, go hit someone. Johnny: Dad(or mom) I’m friends with most of these kids. Hammerhead: not today son, make them pay the price. Johnny: rolls eyes, ok dad(mom).

Viral video? There’s 450 views…anyone watching that would quickly skip through bad lax. See why MIAA brings in out of towners/boarders. Hoco not what it was, there’s hawks, then everyone else…sorry crabs.

Can we also please get a concussion check on whoever wrote this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quite possibly the most moronic post I’ve read on BOTC. Likely the tattooed dad of the defenseman on the Hawks, who flaps his gums at every game, shouting at opposing players. Feel sorry for his kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HoCo should not punish FCA or ban them from playoffs. That is unfair to kids. FCA as an organization should take action, do the right thing, and hold their own coaches accountable in a way that sends a strong message to their entire program - kids, coaches, and families. I'm sure the big FCA kid who cross checked opponent's head to end game is a good kid. And no, his coach didn't tell him to that, but the FCA players got the message watching the old coach chirp. And the illegal hit got positive reinforcement from the bearded assistant coach in glasses who claps it up for the takeout hit to the opponent's head (1:33:50). That's nothing to cheer about. Would he clap if one of his kids was hit in the head like that? All these players are impressionable children with developing brains and they need better leadership from grownups. FCA coaches should reflect on what they did, why they did it, and how it should never happen again. Good people can make bad decisions. But there needs to be real accountability or there won't be any real change. And hopefully the FCA kid is ok, that is far more important than any silly game or playoff.

Like Reply Quote
Page 255 of 265 1 2 253 254 255 256 257 264 265
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard