BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 43 of 47 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
Re: Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
two boys from Long Island commit today goalie from Express to Loyola and d man from St. Anthonys to Hoyas

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game
two boys from Long Island commit today goalie from Express to Loyola and d man from St. Anthonys to Hoyas

I guess it means two more kids are capable of making their beds on their own so they pass the first test in order to commit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't forget the 2020 kid from LI that just committed to PSU

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My second son is going to a SUNY school, will have zero debt upon graduation and will be on solid ground. My oldest son attended Cornell, has $110,000+ in student debt and has not found a good job in his chosen field.

Think post-grad people, before allowing or encouraging your son to chase a lacrosse dream. Its foolhardy in most cases.

Debt is caustic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why isn't Cortland a Div school?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My second son is going to a SUNY school, will have zero debt upon graduation and will be on solid ground. My oldest son attended Cornell, has $110,000+ in student debt and has not found a good job in his chosen field.

Think post-grad people, before allowing or encouraging your son to chase a lacrosse dream. Its foolhardy in most cases.

Debt is caustic.

The SUNY schools are great values, and when it comes to Albany and Stony Brook also very good lacrosse programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Debt is caustic.

The SUNY schools are great values, and when it comes to Albany and Stony Brook also very good lacrosse programs.

My son was offered a roster spot at a university that would cost $60,000 per year with an offer of $5-8K (few variables). Of course he wanted to commit to the school that very second. My wife and I sat down to discuss the quality of the education, the cost, the coach, the location of the school and the program long term. We came to the conclusion that attending this university would be nice but not at that price tag. I am hearing horror stories from friends who's kids have graduated, have tons of student debt and feel that burden will never be lifted. They are living at home with no light at the end of the tunnel. We made the decision for our son, he's 14 and no kid that young should be left to decide such an important decision. He will wait to see if they offer more (doubt it) or another school would like him to join the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very smart
No reason to take on unnecessary debt
Good luck I am sure it will work out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Debt is caustic.

My son was offered a roster spot at a university that would cost $60,000 per year with an offer of $5-8K (few variables). Of course he wanted to commit to the school that very second. My wife and I sat down to discuss the quality of the education, the cost, the coach, the location of the school and the program long term. We came to the conclusion that attending this university would be nice but not at that price tag. I am hearing horror stories from friends who's kids have graduated, have tons of student debt and feel that burden will never be lifted. They are living at home with no light at the end of the tunnel. We made the decision for our son, he's 14 and no kid that young should be left to decide such an important decision. He will wait to see if they offer more (doubt it) or another school would like him to join the team.

Another person with a good head on their shoulders, it is the kiss of death for a "kid" to graduate college with a ton of debt. Choosing a college is such a HUGH decision and one that has so many facets: number 1 the education you want and after that size, location, cost, sports teams (how important is it for them to play, do they want to compete for a National Championship, or just be on any team?). I really do not like when other people (this site is full of them) question the decision an individual kid/family makes. what one person may think is a "must have" may be way down on someone else's priority list. Let's face it, we all want what is best for our kids and it is OK, that one family thinks something else is important and you don't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if you were offered a partial at Duke, Hopkins or Virginia do you not take on that student debt? Is the alumni support into certain business fields post grad worth the financial stretch?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if you were offered a partial at Duke, Hopkins or Virginia do you not take on that student debt? Is the alumni support into certain business fields post grad worth the financial stretch?

We turned down offers from Duke, Hopkins and Georgetown. They were only offering 20% of tuition. Eventually my son committed with a 100% of tuition to a great top 50 school. Will still come out owing about 20k, which is reasonable. At Duke the debt would have been about 200k. The school he decided on has a top business program, seemed like the best way to go, no regrets!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here we go again, do you not understand that not every kid in this country wants to go to Duke, Hpokins or UVA. If your kid wants to, then have at it, but stop with the "if they don't go here or there" they will never be successful. There are plenty of very successful people that went to state schools and plenty of people barely making ends meet that went Ivey. Each person will make the decision as to what is best for them. Who are you to question it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was asking a question if people thought it was worth the financial stretch and if people believed there was value in making that financial commitment. I don't know.

I wasn't dissing any other schools or people making their own choices. Have we list all civility on this board?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
N= just a few, but I have several good and pretty close friends who played at UVA. One was a team captain who get in with a 980 on the two main sections of the SAT and is now living in his parent's basement.

I know others who are working as club coaches, reps in the lacrosse business and loving what they are doing. Did they have to go to UVA or an Ivy to coach high school lacrosse or be a summer club coach?

I think one of the fallacies about getting into Holkins, UVA, UNC, less so Duke is while the schools may be good as a student athlete do you have the bandwidth to take advantage of the academic opportunities and in some cases the coaches will flat out tell you, don't plan on majoring in this or that.

Now there are grads from those schools doing great things as well and they are great opportunites, but many don't or are not able to take advantage of landing at an elite academic school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Canada U19 Men's Team Announced - 11 EDGE Alumni Selected!
03/23/2016, 10:00am EDT
By AT
The Canadian Lacrosse Association recently announced the roster for the U19 Men's Field Team that will represent Canada at the upcoming U19 Federation of International Lacrosse (FIL) U19 Men's Lacrosse World Championship that takes place July 7-16 in Coquitlam, BC.

Over 200 players from across Canada applied for the opportunity to attend the tryout and evalatuion camp. The coaching staff used a series of evaluation tools, game videos, and research to trim down the group to 63 invitees to the training camp at IMG Academy.

Congrats to all 24 players selected on this incredible opportunity to represent Canada at the World Championships! Of the 24 players selected, 11 have participated with EDGE and have earned scholarships to NCAA programs. We will be featuring each player leading up to the World Championships, so check back each week for updates!

Mathieu Boissennault Defense Whitby (ON)
Caehlahn Bullen Goal Calgary (AB)
Riley Curtis Midfield Brampton (ON) EDGE 2017
Jonathan Donville Midfield Oakville (ON) EDGE 2017
Dalton Follows Midfield Oakville (ON) EDGE 2016
Ben French Attack Brampton (ON) EDGE 2015
Kyle Hebert Goal Burlington (ON) EDGE 2017
Jeffrey Henrick Defense Orangeville (ON)
Mackenzie Iacocca Midfield Guelph (ON) EDGE 2017
Justin Inacio FO Oakville (ON) EDGE 2017
Matthew Kim FO Oakville (ON)
Marshall King Midfield Victoria (BC)
Kyle Kolwich Defense Oakville (ON) EDGE 2017
Ryan Lanchbury Attack Burlington (ON)
Tre Leclaire Midfield Surrey (BC)
Clarke Petterson Midfield Mimico (ON) EDGE 2015
Drake Porter Goal Aurora (ON) EDGE 2017
Ryland Rees Defense Port Coquitlam (BC)
Thomas Semple Attack Coquitlam (BC)
Robert Stovel Defense Fergus (ON)
Jackson Suboch Defense Mimico (ON) EDGE 2016
Jeff Teat Attack Brampton (ON)
John Wagner Midfield St. Davids (ON)
Ethan Walker Attack Peterborough (ON)
holiday here today and I have been reading all the whining around edge lacrosse. Here's aa age based tourney that several former Edge players are playing in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lots play for the Toronto based Hill Academy. I believe they are the #1 rated High School team in the world

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the beauty of u19 is that it is age based and cuts out all of those older no good cheating reclassed Canadians!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Canada U19 Men's Team Announced - 11 EDGE Alumni Selected!
03/23/2016, 10:00am EDT
By AT
The Canadian Lacrosse Association recently announced the roster for the U19 Men's Field Team that will represent Canada at the upcoming U19 Federation of International Lacrosse (FIL) U19 Men's Lacrosse World Championship that takes place July 7-16 in Coquitlam, BC.

Over 200 players from across Canada applied for the opportunity to attend the tryout and evalatuion camp. The coaching staff used a series of evaluation tools, game videos, and research to trim down the group to 63 invitees to the training camp at IMG Academy.

Congrats to all 24 players selected on this incredible opportunity to represent Canada at the World Championships! Of the 24 players selected, 11 have participated with EDGE and have earned scholarships to NCAA programs. We will be featuring each player leading up to the World Championships, so check back each week for updates!

Mathieu Boissennault Defense Whitby (ON)
Caehlahn Bullen Goal Calgary (AB)
Riley Curtis Midfield Brampton (ON) EDGE 2017
Jonathan Donville Midfield Oakville (ON) EDGE 2017
Dalton Follows Midfield Oakville (ON) EDGE 2016
Ben French Attack Brampton (ON) EDGE 2015
Kyle Hebert Goal Burlington (ON) EDGE 2017
Jeffrey Henrick Defense Orangeville (ON)
Mackenzie Iacocca Midfield Guelph (ON) EDGE 2017
Justin Inacio FO Oakville (ON) EDGE 2017
Matthew Kim FO Oakville (ON)
Marshall King Midfield Victoria (BC)
Kyle Kolwich Defense Oakville (ON) EDGE 2017
Ryan Lanchbury Attack Burlington (ON)
Tre Leclaire Midfield Surrey (BC)
Clarke Petterson Midfield Mimico (ON) EDGE 2015
Drake Porter Goal Aurora (ON) EDGE 2017
Ryland Rees Defense Port Coquitlam (BC)
Thomas Semple Attack Coquitlam (BC)
Robert Stovel Defense Fergus (ON)
Jackson Suboch Defense Mimico (ON) EDGE 2016
Jeff Teat Attack Brampton (ON)
John Wagner Midfield St. Davids (ON)
Ethan Walker Attack Peterborough (ON)
holiday here today and I have been reading all the whining around edge lacrosse. Here's aa age based tourney that several former Edge players are playing in.

until you give DOB for each, this means nothing. Would love to congratulate the 2017 for the honor but need to see the DOB's. To me 2017 on a U19 team means what he's not 20... He shouldn't be, he shouldn't be 18 yet he should be turning or just turned 17.

Now if the u19 beats all other U19's so be it, but don't tell me the 2017 Edge team is the best when they may have older kids on it.. apples to oranges.

cant wait to see DOB's

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you don't think they check DOB at the World U19 tournament?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you don't think they check DOB at the World U19 tournament?

Read slowly... That many 2017's made the team? Because they're better than all the 2015's? No they're the same age as the 2015's that made it. And most of your 2015's are way too old.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lots play for the Toronto based Hill Academy. I believe they are the #1 rated High School team in the world

And the oldest too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there's always an excuse. So u-19 is apples to apples nobody just disagree with that. Heard Edge was invited into the NLF so I guess it doesn't bother those teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the beauty of u19 is that it is age based and cuts out all of those older no good cheating reclassed Canadians!!!!

The bacon is impairing your brain. How old should Grad year 2017 kids be? Not 18, I assure you. They are ALL holdbacks. This is a great format (age based) that levels the playing field but exposes the need for Canadian kids to be held back one or two years. Pathetic really, so why push out your chest. "Our kids are inferior so they need to have a one or two year age advantage to compete in the US..." How thick headed are you man?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are correct, it does filter out the reclassed kids. Look at the roster...Why so many 2017's on the team? Because they are 18 and qualify. The vast majority of your 2015's do not qualify because they are too old.

You Canadians really are thick headed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No point getting racial. Edge doesn't have a 2015 or 2016 team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There arnt many 2015 or 2016 teams. Whats your point.

The point made here was 2017 Edge players who are allegedly of the age of an older grad year not 2017. Who knows, me no. Only DOB's on the roster will prove that. Makes for a controversial conversation.

The only thing that can be said is there will be a champ for the u19 grouping.

(Cut off DOB July 7th 1996 Sophomores or older Freshman in College not HS).

Without DOB's noone knows what true grad year these boys should be associated with. And what with a July 7th cutoff?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

racial? really.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And once again we are back to the only ones with reclassed kids are Canadians. At least the Hill openly calls their oldest PGS and doesn't hide it like the MIAA, NE West and everywhere else with their middle school reclass nonsense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And once again we are back to the only ones with reclassed kids are Canadians. At least the Hill openly calls their oldest PGS and doesn't hide it like the MIAA, NE West and everywhere else with their middle school reclass nonsense.

The only place reclassing is done systemically certainly is Canada. Edge Lacrosse....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NE West Prep schools are pretty open about the fact that they accept and have PGs on their roster, thats why they pretty much only p;lay other prep schools, I dont understand your beef here.......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone else get an email today from their son's future college coach about the summer committed league? I think it is going to be great for him to play with his future teammates rather than spending a bunch of money for him to play his old club. From the email, all the ACC teams and most of the Ivies are in.

Also the quality of play will be so much higher without the younger uncommitted kids out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone else get an email today from their son's future college coach about the summer committed league? I think it is going to be great for him to play with his future teammates rather than spending a bunch of money for him to play his old club. From the email, all the ACC teams and most of the Ivies are in.

Also the quality of play will be so much higher without the younger uncommitted kids out there.

Is this a "contact period" for high school underclassmen? Pretty cool idea and creates room on the travel club teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wondering how they are getting around the no contact rules with this one. They are allowed to contact 16's and 17's but no contact is allowed with 18's or 19's other than prospect day invites and such. Interesting....I always have been of the opinion that once a kid verbals he should be able to communicate with his future coaching staff freely, not sure why this hasnt been done.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this a "contact period" for high school underclassmen? Pretty cool idea and creates room on the travel club teams.

NCAA would frown on direct contact with recruits or commits - there is no contact period until much later for any 2019s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've mentioned before that Penn was done recruiting their 2019's and most people laughed. Check out Ty's tweet from last nights LI game. Names a 2019 Penn commit. Why isn't he listed under Recruiting Rundown?

Rhetorical question, parents there is more than meets the eye with lists, websites and accolades.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've mentioned before that Penn was done recruiting their 2019's and most people laughed. Check out Ty's tweet from last nights LI game. Names a 2019 Penn commit. Why isn't he listed under Recruiting Rundown?

Rhetorical question, parents there is more than meets the eye with lists, websites and accolades.

Very true many teams such as ND and duke also have most of their 2019 class full

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For starters, I am sure that express team has more than are officially announced.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For starters, I am sure that express team has more than are officially announced.

Other than Recruiting Rundown, where are commitments posted?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These colleges are missing out on many real good players from other clubs. Parity will continue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These colleges are missing out on many real good players from other clubs. Parity will continue.

And this is bad because..........

Page 43 of 47 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard