BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,242
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 62 of 90 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 89 90
Re: Boys 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congratulations to the Crush boy going to PSU! Well deserved

Yes he is age legit! Sure he got a nice package! PSU is one of the few schools that guarantees the scholarship amount for all for years, great job!

Do you mean four years?

This is true! Will be in writing when contract is signed.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This isnt the fault of the player or coaches its the University that offers Who's making the offers

Do you honestly think the club coaches play no part in this process? So I have a question, how did Penn State become aware of this 8th grader? If you dont think these club owners and coaches are pushing these kids youre out of your mind. All so they can put this kids face all over their website and their social media so other parents start feeling the pressure and spend all their money on camps and showcases. Ive been there with my son and got caught up in it until I realized it was all nonsense. If your son is a good player and does well in the classroom, he will find his spot. Like one of the other posters said, it has a sleazy element to it thats hard to deny. Not the kids fault and Im sure hes a good player and his parents want the best for him so you cant blame the kid or the parents, the blame lies with college coach and the club coach. There is absolutely no justification or defense to recruit an 8th grader, plain and simple.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes he is age legit! Sure he got a nice package! PSU is one of the few schools that guarantees the scholarship amount for all for years, great job!

Do you mean four years?

3 years from now!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you mean four years?

You do realize this is simply a VERBAL commitment right? Until he signs his NLI it isn't a done deal. Tambroni could be gone, Penn St. could be a miserable team, he could slip on a banana peel and tear his ACL. You get the picture. The only package he got was what he was told. You can absolutely bet your [lacrosse] that if he doesn't develop or his academics tank that Penn St or Tambroni can and will say sorry kid, good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you mean four years?

You do realize this is simply a VERBAL commitment right? Until he signs his NLI it isn't a done deal. Tambroni could be gone, Penn St. could be a miserable team, he could slip on a banana peel and tear his ACL. You get the picture. The only package he got was what he was told. You can absolutely bet your [lacrosse] that if he doesn't develop or his academics tank that Penn St or Tambroni can and will say sorry kid, good luck.

This is more than just a simple verbal.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you mean four years?

Then why call it a verbal??? YcD

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you mean four years?

Signed in Blood or something? Previous poster was correct, until the NLI is signed it means nothing. If Tambroni leaves or gets fired the new coach can come in and void all verbals, it has happened before and can happen again. Im sure the kid is a good player and its not a knock on him but nothing is guaranteed when you verbal in 8th grade, its that simple.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It means Mongo at Recruiting Rundown will rank this kid high in his class for 4 years running and he will get invited to all the 'elite' garbage in the market just for the asking like 3d Jake Reed, the Rabil thing or the Nike Ride. The only valid reason I can think of for a parent wanting or pushing this is to secure a future status in lacrosse to get invited to events, keep getting publicized and hopefully also get re-recruited by colleges more selective than Penn State.

How long is the 'wait, let me think about it' moment when a kid who would otherwise go to Penn State could trade up for a Notre Dame, Duke, Ivy education? My over under is 3 seconds. Heck, by the time this kid is a high school upperclassman there's a chance Stanford and Cal have D1 teams.

I think I 'get it' that ER has the elements of cache where Casey Vock and Ty Xanders will follow your 13-14 year old sons around -- which is kind of creepy on many levels BTW -- and hype them out like fantasy lacrosse league characters. And, of course, it gets you a ticket to those exclusive and expensive to attend events. On any level it really something else?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are you hating so much....Just do what's right for your kid {what ever it is} and move on..Life is to short.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think early recruiting is ruining the sport, and no 8th grader gets on the radar of a college coach without considerable marketing from club coaches/directors and events such as the one this January down in Florida.

I thought the only interesting thing about this was that it was Penn St, and granted as a Big 10 school, Penn St has quite a bit to offer, but it has been a fringe Top 20-25 team. As many have said he certainly would have had offers from other top schools, but who knows. It is a very fickle process at best, and as many know who are going through it, a lot of the time it doesn't make any sense so a lot of families hit the bid when offered because it can go away and soemtimes never present itself again.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Refering to a "Simple Verbal"

I understand the fact that nothing is binding. But this agreement is nothing but simple to the future of Penn State. A new coach isn't voided whatever arraignment that was made, that is as ridiculous as your signed in blood comment, instead a new coach will thank Tambroni and Toner. Penn State was on the minds of many 2017 2018 and 2019 I think they just moved up a bit higher on many 18/19 listings (except for some lefty attacks).

For the many that said he "would have had" many offers, how do you know he didn't and the family what was best - no one has to explain anything.

Again not a Simple Verbal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I understand the fact that nothing is binding. But this agreement is nothing but simple to the future of Penn State. A new coach isn't voided whatever arraignment that was made, that is as ridiculous as your signed in blood comment, instead a new coach will thank Tambroni and Toner. Penn State was on the minds of many 2017 2018 and 2019 I think they just moved up a bit higher on many 18/19 listings (except for some lefty attacks).

For the many that said he "would have had" many offers, how do you know he didn't and the family what was best - no one has to explain anything.

The thinking is that not many early young kids commit to Penn State unless you have a family history at the school otherwise why should they make that call.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax lost today!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you can project what a new coach will do? You have no idea so you're the one coming off ridiculous. Your statement that this kids verbal is critical to the future of Penn State lacrosse is even more absurd. Penn State will be just fine with or without him. It is a great institution and many talented players will want to go there regardless if this kid is going there or not. At this point it is a verbal and only a verbal, which by its very definition is a "simple" agreement between the coach and the kid. I dont care how good the kid is, no one can predict the future, and between now and 2020, any manner of things can happen to change the course of events on either side.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you can project what a new coach will do? You have no idea so you're the one coming off ridiculous. Your statement that this kids verbal is critical to the future of Penn State lacrosse is even more absurd. Penn State will be just fine with or without him. It is a great institution and many talented players will want to go there regardless if this kid is going there or not. At this point it is a verbal and only a verbal, which by its very definition is a "simple" agreement between the coach and the kid. I dont care how good the kid is, no one can predict the future, and between now and 2020, any manner of things can happen to change the course of events on either side.

Verbal is an offer, including the amount of money to be given. Some of these high caliber earelies get close to a full ride, my son being one of them whome comitted earmy aND everything worked out exactly as specified. The school will honor this commitment. You are just a jealous troll looking to minimize this amazing achievement. Stop being negative and worry about your own kid because you are not a part of the club!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Caps lock is a pain , clearly miss the details.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Caps lock is a pain , clearly miss the details.

On the phone.... any other points that are valid you care to share?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm happy for the kid. He's a good example of playing age appropriately and working hard to get noticed. I'm sure he got a great deal and if it turns out he prefers an Ivy or a different school, I'm sure the opportunities will arise. To turn down a solid offer from a school you are interested in is just foolish. As everyone stated, it's a verbal and he can change his mind just as they can, but I'd gather that there will be much more interest in him over the next few years than he will be looking. He's in a win-win situation and will only get better. Good work ethic and talent don't just fade away. I suspect all the nay sayers wouldn't have turned down a good offer if the chance existed.

To me the best part is that he didn't reclass and never needed to. Talent and hard work pays off in the end! Great example for the younger kids!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW thin skinned and simple

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Verbal is an offer, including the amount of money to be given. Some of these high caliber earelies get close to a full ride, my son being one of them whome comitted earmy aND everything worked out exactly as specified. The school will honor this commitment. You are just a jealous troll looking to minimize this amazing achievement. Stop being negative and worry about your own kid because you are not a part of the club!

Sorry to disappoint you but my son is just fine and has quite a nice offer of his own so I know what a verbal is. Obviously reading comprehension is not your strong suit so Ill spell it out once again and Ill try not to use big words this time as not to confuse you further. Not once did I disparage the kid or the achievement, I simply pointed out that a verbal is just that, a verbal, nothing more. Ask the 2016 U Delaware commits if things can change, as this past summer the head coach fired his whole staff and voided all the 2016 verbals and went out and got all new kids. Things can change and often do, pretty simple concept actually, try and keep up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sorry are you really an adult?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry to disappoint you but my son is just fine and has quite a nice offer of his own so I know what a verbal is. Obviously reading comprehension is not your strong suit so Ill spell it out once again and Ill try not to use big words this time as not to confuse you further. Not once did I disparage the kid or the achievement, I simply pointed out that a verbal is just that, a verbal, nothing more. Ask the 2016 U Delaware commits if things can change, as this past summer the head coach fired his whole staff and voided all the 2016 verbals and went out and got all new kids. Things can change and often do, pretty simple concept actually, try and keep up.

Sorry your kid lost his spot at Delaware. If a kid is good, another program will take him. My son had poachers sniffing around until he signed his NLI. We were never really concerned that he would not be playing at a top program because he continued to work hard after his commitment. If you are scared that a coach or program will decommmit you, you don't belong there in the first place!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry your kid lost his spot at Delaware. If a kid is good, another program will take him. My son had poachers sniffing around until he signed his NLI. We were never really concerned that he would not be playing at a top program because he continued to work hard after his commitment. If you are scared that a coach or program will decommmit you, you don't belong there in the first place!

He didnt lose his spot, he is committed somewhere else. We were at a prospect day this past summer and I was talking to one of the dads and he told me his son was one of the kids that the Delaware coach snipped when he fired his whole staff. He basically voided every verbal from the 2016 class and started over was how it was explained to me. So in this case these kids had no reason to feel like their spot was in jeopardy, it kind of came out of nowhere which is the scary part. These kids were 4 months away from signing their NLIs and then boom, back out there looking for a spot. Brutal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey coach ..I really want to play at Penn State can you get me the coaches number over there so I can call and talk to him and arrange a visit for myself. I want you to contact a few others as well. They will take my call because I am initiating it. Once I arrange my visit , my parents will be informed on when to take me to see these schools . That's how it went down and I'm sticking to it. End of discussion. I read all the NCAA rules and followed them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must not understand what a VERBAL offer is, despite you ranting that your son is one of them.

Its like saying you're "kinda pregnant". In other words, foolish.

They could offer him hookers and blow, free cars and tuition. It is still a verbal offer. Tambroni, new coach, the AD, the institution, etc. can rescind the offer. Same goes for the kid. The fact of the matter is things can change, as we've seen in the past. You can be the better than sliced bread and have a change of heart. Ever heard of Curtis Zappala? Exactly. It cuts both ways.

And if you're insinuating it is more the a verbal offer, I'm sure the NCAA would like to have a word or two.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must not understand what a VERBAL offer is, despite you ranting that your son is one of them.

They could offer him hookers and blow, free cars and tuition. It is still a verbal offer. Tambroni, new coach, the AD, the institution, etc. can rescind the offer. Same goes for the kid. The fact of the matter is things can change, as we've seen in the past. You can be the better than sliced bread and have a change of heart. Ever heard of Curtis Zappala? Exactly. It cuts both ways.

And if you're insinuating it is more the a verbal offer, I'm sure the NCAA would like to have a word or two.

Thank you for adding some sanity into this conversation. Curtis Zappala is an excellent example and Im sure there are hundreds more like him that we never hear about. Not to mention the kids that bail out once they get to school. The head coach of the school my son is verballed to told my son that this fall one of his highest rated recruits came into his office and told him D1 lacrosse wasnt for him and that he was leaving the team. Apparently this kid was a high school All American. He also said that happens at least one or twice every class. Point is, 4 years is a long time and so many things can happen between now and then and even once these kids get to school anything can and will happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of the best 2020 teams are playing in Crab feast this year. It is probably the first time all the best teams will be in the same tournament. The only team that’s not is Team 91….

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess someone forgot to tell the 99.9% of the kids who gave them, and are now playing at those schools. If verbals mean so little, then why do so many of you get your panties in such a twist over it? Jealousy perhsps?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true. A bunch of the best 2020 teams switched from the Crabfeast to MVP Rising Tourney.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabfest...I guess its not ALL the best teams then...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of the best 2020 teams are playing in Crab feast this year. It is probably the first time all the best teams will be in the same tournament. The only team that’s not is Team 91….

I do see Team 91 on the Crab Feast attending teams list on the event website... (?)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe the comment "it isn't a simple verbal" was meant as it is more than a commitment to one kid. It could be seen as an ingenious marketing move to say PSU went out and got the best, now we want the rest.

This verbal opens eyes and makes PSU an instant attraction. They aren't on the top fringe for lacrosse but remain to be a top academic school, this move makes then instantly appealing for the next generation of players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true. A bunch of the best 2020 teams switched from the Crabfeast to MVP Rising Tourney.

Which ones bailed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe the comment "it isn't a simple verbal" was meant as it is more than a commitment to one kid. It could be seen as an ingenious marketing move to say PSU went out and got the best, now we want the rest.

This verbal opens eyes and makes PSU an instant attraction. They aren't on the top fringe for lacrosse but remain to be a top academic school, this move makes then instantly appealing for the next generation of players.

I think it actually cast a very bad light on PSU. No one and I mean no one is going to PSU because they had a kid in 8th grade who knows what he is majoring in college and what his masters will be in make the decision for them. No kids can relate to the kid who is expected to be better then Rabil.Kids will chose schools that best fit what they want to do in the future. A kid commits to Penn State because an eighth grader is giving a verbal and chances are the wind blows to the right and he switched schools. Happens all the time so your theory is all wrong ..Try again

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
as usual this is a completely false comment. All turtles but one were committed when the team decided to continue to train but no longer travel to away tournaments. the last player had several offers but was undecided and still has offers available.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it actually cast a very bad light on PSU. No one and I mean no one is going to PSU because they had a kid in 8th grade who knows what he is majoring in college and what his masters will be in make the decision for them. No kids can relate to the kid who is expected to be better then Rabil.Kids will chose schools that best fit what they want to do in the future. A kid commits to Penn State because an eighth grader is giving a verbal and chances are the wind blows to the right and he switched schools. Happens all the time so your theory is all wrong ..Try again

That is wrong again! Penn state is in the position to offer big money to early commits. it is also a topped ranked institution in the top 50 above Maryland, Syracuse, Ohio State, U Mass, Denver , SBU, etc. They have had several recruits over the past few years who could have gone anywhere they wanted. Two of the top ranked kids in this years senior class have chosen that school because they offer so much. One of their top performers this year, Ahment, was also a top player on the number one HS team last year where the fee is 40k, Haverford. Kid chose Penn State. The MLL lacrosse MVP went there as well as the arguably best goalie in the sport who also plays for the Lizards. Yes, a kid could switch schools, or transfer, but the grass is not always greener! So stop with the hate for a school who is the top choice for kids who have their choice!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never knew psu had that amazing talent...Did they under perform when there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've been out of the country for a few days. Did I miss anything? Seems quiet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Penn State, Ohio State, Syracuse, Maryland top academic institutions? Really? I believe the list you mean includes Virginia, Notre Dame, Duke, Hopkins, and any Ivy. The list of Penn State, Ohio State, Syracuse and Maryland are good schools for great lacrosse players with just okay academic performances. These schools are the safety schools for kids that have the grades for Duke, Notre Dame and Brown. If you have a son who is a great lacrosse player good enough to play D1 and fantastic grades and test scores, use lacrosse to go to an amazing academic school. Don't waste your time with Penn State.

Page 62 of 90 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 89 90

Link Copied to Clipboard