BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 51 of 90 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 89 90
Re: Boys 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are all late to the race, my son is is 2023 and he has a verbal to Harvard, full-ride. He plays LSA. Yep, you never heard of it, it is long stick attack and he is the BEST LSA in the country. LOL

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are all late to the race, my son is is 2023 and he has a verbal to Harvard, full-ride. He plays LSA. Yep, you never heard of it, it is long stick attack and he is the BEST LSA in the country. LOL

My 2023 is turning 16 in March, so he can give your kid a ride to all the summer tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unc-FCA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
REAL SOON....a T91/Duke announcement??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dino has always been defiant to state he never speaks or meets with 9th graders. If he's recruiting 8th graders I suppose that is being true to his word.

Just me asking, are the admissions officers at these selective schools in on this memo? Seems like only last year chat rooms like this were full of people incredulous that kids with no high school academic record were being offered at some selective schools. No wait...that was only last year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many 2020's do you think will participate in WSYL? The best players will probably be young 2020's who are good enough to play on AA teams. It is going to be interesting to see how many clubs form special tournament teams and which clubs are strongest when age is the only consideration.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many 2020's do you think will participate in WSYL? The best players will probably be young 2020's who are good enough to play on AA teams. It is going to be interesting to see how many clubs form special tournament teams and which clubs are strongest when age is the only consideration.

None scared igloo dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
REAL SOON....a T91/Duke announcement??

Please, they havnt even released their 2019's

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's heading to Florida this weekend ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's heading to Florida this weekend ?

What's going on in Florida?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The WYSL teams have to be ongoing teams - no special/all-star teams and there is also a proximity rule.

All players must compete with their team or program on a regular basis. Minimum requirements are that players must compete with their team/program for at least two other tournaments or in a seasonal league.

All players must reside within 100 miles of the home field of their program. Players will be required to submit a report card, school identification card, or comparable proof of residency.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The WYSL teams have to be ongoing teams - no special/all-star teams and there is also a proximity rule.

All players must compete with their team or program on a regular basis. Minimum requirements are that players must compete with their team/program for at least two other tournaments or in a seasonal league.

All players must reside within 100 miles of the home field of their program. Players will be required to submit a report card, school identification card, or comparable proof of residency.

It is not hard to do a couple of warm up tournaments. I think there will be a some clubs who combine their younger 2020's with their better 2021's for the WSYL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From looking at the Crabs kids at NLF Crabs 2020 is going to be off the charts good. May be one of the best Crabs teams in HS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From looking at the Crabs kids at NLF Crabs 2020 is going to be off the charts good. May be one of the best Crabs teams in HS

No secret there - they have a large number of holdbacks. Many of those kids could not make it in their own age group so of course they look great against 12-18 months younger. They may be one of the best Crabs team but they lost all respect along the way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You'll get that when most of the kids are 18 months older than their competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have 4-5 holdbacks, you drama queens.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You'll get that when most of the kids are 18 months older than their competition.
. Agree. The only chart Crabs 2020 will be off of is the number of holdbacks that team has, they even have two double holdbacks. While they may win a lot of games, the players, program and coach Ryan M have absolutely no respect in the lacrosse world. This team at the very least should be playing 2019 and not 2020, but this is how Ryan M games the system to his advantage. He even thinks he is a great coach, which he isn't he is just a big cheat in the youth lacrosse world.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taking your comments into consideration, let me ask this: if he is so loathed why is it he has a vice grip on youth leagues, his tournaments attract top teams and he started this NLF thing with such high early demand? I'm no Ryan or Crabs fan, but what effect do the complaints have when other clubs and lacrosse parents preen to get into his events the very breath before complaining about these ills of grade based teams and gaming the system? And consider the fruits in this system. Your sons have a better chance of getting a $35K merit scholarship if a good enough student to get into Hopkins than the chance they will get a $15K lacrosse scholarship no matter what. Complaining alone isn't too moving.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More than that you liar! 4-5 holdbacks plus the kids that did pre-first. Almost the entire starting players should be 2019.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I haven't seen a Crabs long stick at NLF shorter than his coach. Probably the helmet . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4-5 holdbacks already in 8th grade, how many by next year? Drama queens? Pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a lie, but who cares. It is what it is and everyone complaining about it needs to just get over it. Work harder to compete. If you are good enough, you will get noticed. If you are not, then you should be playing on a B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a lie, but who cares. It is what it is and everyone complaining about it needs to just get over it. Work harder to compete. If you are good enough, you will get noticed. If you are not, then you should be playing on a B team.

I have to agree- my on age kid can compete so he does- but isn't that the pot calling the kettle black- how about if you can't compete and stand out- don't hold your kid back to play down- just play B and then your kid can stand out.

It is what it is- and many on age kids will compete and come out as good if not better than the holdbacks. I still stand by my belief that if truly talented, one would never allow their kid to play down as there is no need for it. Talent rises to the top and is noticed anywhere- not just when playing with younger kids. See you on the sidelines.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it was once an honor to play up, to strut your stuff and yes maybe brag about how you or your kid played up. now they do this when they play down. I don't get it. does this make me old school. is this really the new wave of the future.

A kid plays up now and I see how they say it is a weak school or weak league. Really come on.

I knew the Dc kids growing up (70's DOB) were held back because they were mommas boys and could not handle the separation to head to kindergarten... so they were held back since they could afford $$$ to do it. it was cheating back then, money gave little johnny an extra year to grow up. then people outside of the muffy and buffy AREAS of Chevy Chase and the more affluent ne areas caught on and learned how (in the 80's) anyone who could afford to do it could hold back their kid. it wasn't for sports at first but academics and the BS of social wellbeing/adjustment. All just trying to game the system because they could.

NOW THE GAMING CONTINUES

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do Crab player/parents assume that other parents and their kids who go to school with these kids, have played with them/against them, etc. not know what is going on?

I point at the screen and my son literally laughs out loud! They DO NOT have "4-5" holdbacks. Count again. Crabs is what it is. Why do you keep trying to make excuses or deny it? Just own it and move on. Sadly the rules allow it, fine. But don't come with B.S.

If I was going to feel bad, its for the on age kids who play for Crabs and then get booted or sat for the 2019 kid who comes down for a run at 2020. You know who they are. So do we.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do Crab player/parents assume that other parents and their kids who go to school with these kids, have played with them/against them, etc. not know what is going on?

I point at the screen and my son literally laughs out loud! They DO NOT have "4-5" holdbacks. Count again. Crabs is what it is. Why do you keep trying to make excuses or deny it? Just own it and move on. Sadly the rules allow it, fine. But don't come with B.S.

If I was going to feel bad, its for the on age kids who play for Crabs and then get booted or sat for the 2019 kid who comes down for a run at 2020. You know who they are. So do we.

The new Crabs 2020 roster has 3 or 4 players who were on last year's 2019 roster. Add that to the older kids already on the team and how many 15 year olds will be playing on that team in the spring/summer? Their best player lists himself at 6'1" 178 lbs. on his hudl page. If he's not 15 yet he will be very soon. Complete BS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daddy must be proud that is son is "dominating" kids a year and a half/two years younger...Guess what , he should be dominating kids younger than him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The new Crabs 2020 roster has 3 or 4 players who were on last year's 2019 roster. Add that to the older kids already on the team and how many 15 year olds will be playing on that team in the spring/summer? Their best player lists himself at 6'1" 178 lbs. on his hudl page. If he's not 15 yet he will be very soon. Complete BS.
15? How about 16 this Summer. Parents confirmed at NLF that kids will be turning 16 in Spring

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All above true. We had 2020's show up at our tryout because they got bumped....and they are good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are kids turning 16 in spring of 8th grade? That is socially effed up. If that is true those same kids will be 20 in spring of HS senior year. I was playing my second year of college when I was 20. Sometimes I see a point when we are talking about fall babies, kids being maybe 4-5 months older, but this example is horrible. I also guess that an 8th grader that age who is playing on a 2020 team would hold up on a 2018 team. Which inverts any logic to recruit those kids since their comparibles should be 2018s. If you can't distinguish well against your own age and can't hang on as a 16 year old versus 18 year old seniors, there should be a universal agreement that you're not standing out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is a viscious cycle. 7 or 8 kids on the 2018 team repeated 8th grade and are now on 2019. That pushed 2019s to 2020. The sad thing is that the joke is on the parents. If you spent $25k on the extra year and your son is not committed yet, now there is a whole new grade of players getting the college coach's attention. Truth is, most of those kids are not good enough to play with their own age group and are in for a rude awakening this spring at high school tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is a 2018 that played with those kids. Most of those kids are more than good enough to play with kids their own age, but their parents hold them back so that they can dominate the lower age group and really stand out. Three of the kids have committed to UNC, MD and VA as 2019's so obviously they are very good players. Don't agree with it, but if good enough to be a pretty good on age player for an elite club, you can be a stud as a pre-first / holdback!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

15? How about 16 this Summer. Parents confirmed at NLF that kids will be turning 16 in Spring

Absolutely True.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is a 2018 that played with those kids. Most of those kids are more than good enough to play with kids their own age, but their parents hold them back so that they can dominate the lower age group and really stand out. Three of the kids have committed to UNC, MD and VA as 2019's so obviously they are very good players. Don't agree with it, but if good enough to be a pretty good on age player for an elite club, you can be a stud as a pre-first / holdback!

Reflects on the kids and the parents...pathetic. Bragging rights at the water cooler and amongst the parents on the field. But what they forget is that everyone talking to them is actually thinking...how sad they have to move down and take advantage of others in order to look better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny that he will be a 21 year old "True Freshman" during the spring season of his first year of college...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny that he will be a 21 year old "True Freshman" during the spring season of his first year of college...

He will be the most popular freshman, buying beer for every other freshman! He could make money off this as well help pay for tuition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Each team should put out the birthdays of the kids. Rising Sons does this on their website. I don't think that it should be matched up to the individual player like they do, just put it on your website without matching names. Then we'd know who we are playing. Enough of this nonsense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and that would make your kids play differently?. Or give insane parents on sidelines more crap to yell and scream about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and that would make your kids play differently?. Or give insane parents on sidelines more crap to yell and scream about?

I saw Rising Sons play last year and no one was yelling about their ages. What's the matter, afraid to show how old the 8th grader are? Crab Daddy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw Rising Sons play last year and no one was yelling about their ages. What's the matter, afraid to show how old the 8th grader are? Crab Daddy?

No one might have been yelling but their roster shows six boys (out of 24) that were born before 9/1/01.

At least they own up to it.

Page 51 of 90 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 89 90

Link Copied to Clipboard