BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,830
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 42 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 41 42
Re: Girls 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Angry or jealous, Angry and jealous...

Who cares... again I must be missing something, but I still say who cares. Why would it bother you? Are you saying the mom shows up wearing the jersey, shorts, goggles of the HS team (Is that the uniform you are talking about) ??? That would be a sight! Or are we talking about a Jacket the mom is wearing while her daughter is playing?

My wife wears my sons football jacket to games all the time. Wait until I tell her what a fool she is!

u r missing the point. she wears the jacket not to the high school games (although i'm sure she does that too), but to the club games. It is clear why. You see these girls hadn't started high school yet. It is so she can show off that her 8th grade daughter was playing varsity to the other club parents. get it? It is just another example of the me first culture in lax. It isn't about supporting the team (unlike what it sounds like your wife is doing). In fact it's quite the opposite. And that is the culture on the sidelines of club lax. Let me make sure you know suzy plays varsity as an 8th grader. And did you know suzy is being recruited by so cool U? and i don't know why everyone isn't always passing to suzy, they're such ball hogs. Oh wait, suzy has the ball!! Go to goal suzy, go to goal!!! Now maybe you understand this jacket thing? but enough about jackets.

Can we get one competitive college bowl game please!!!

NO different at Middle school tryouts. Kids having been playing in town for 5 or so years and have a ton of jerseys, tee shirts and swag. But what do they show up to tryouts wearing nothing but club (because if you write the $2500 check you have to be good right)? Dressed head to toe even with the sticker on their water bottle. I can't wait!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares... again I must be missing something, but I still say who cares. Why would it bother you? Are you saying the mom shows up wearing the jersey, shorts, goggles of the HS team (Is that the uniform you are talking about) ??? That would be a sight! Or are we talking about a Jacket the mom is wearing while her daughter is playing?

My wife wears my sons football jacket to games all the time. Wait until I tell her what a fool she is!

u r missing the point. she wears the jacket not to the high school games (although i'm sure she does that too), but to the club games. It is clear why. You see these girls hadn't started high school yet. It is so she can show off that her 8th grade daughter was playing varsity to the other club parents. get it? It is just another example of the me first culture in lax. It isn't about supporting the team (unlike what it sounds like your wife is doing). In fact it's quite the opposite. And that is the culture on the sidelines of club lax. Let me make sure you know suzy plays varsity as an 8th grader. And did you know suzy is being recruited by so cool U? and i don't know why everyone isn't always passing to suzy, they're such ball hogs. Oh wait, suzy has the ball!! Go to goal suzy, go to goal!!! Now maybe you understand this jacket thing? but enough about jackets.

NO different at Middle school tryouts. Kids having been playing in town for 5 or so years and have a ton of jerseys, tee shirts and swag. But what do they show up to tryouts wearing nothing but club (because if you write the $2500 check you have to be good right)? Dressed head to toe even with the sticker on their water bottle. I can't wait!

Just curious but do you stand around and watch middle school tryouts? Scoping out the competition are you? Do you watch from the sidelines or do you hide by a tree? Now who sounds like the bigger loser!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In my kids town they are not permitted to wear any outside club or travel team gear at tryouts. blank town t shirt with name on duct tape on back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In my kids town they are not permitted to wear any outside club or travel team gear at tryouts. blank town t shirt with name on duct tape on back.

As if the kids are anonymous, your town is so fair to all of the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what is your better solution?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So typical of a response. We have raised a generation of everyone gets a trophy and everyone makes a team. We have also taught our kids that when things don't go their way mommy and daddy will fix it by calling the school , the coach or moving them to a different travel team without a tryout. Life isn't fair people and I think the sooner kids figure it out the better they become as adults. If my kid wants to display he club jersey or backpack be use she thinks it gives her an edge or puts a swagger in her step I say more power to her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So typical of a response. We have raised a generation of everyone gets a trophy and everyone makes a team. We have also taught our kids that when things don't go their way mommy and daddy will fix it by calling the school , the coach or moving them to a different travel team without a tryout. Life isn't fair people and I think the sooner kids figure it out the better they become as adults. If my kid wants to display he club jersey or backpack be use she thinks it gives her an edge or puts a swagger in her step I say more power to her.

Typical travel elitist response.... yawn

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha Ha you offer the same canned response every time someone strikes a chord.
What exactly is it that's drawing you to this forum and what can a travel elitist answer for you?
For what's it's worth, my daughter has plenty of friends on the 7/8 combo team and it's really not that bad. The funny thing is most parents seem ok with it and don't try to make up excuses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U
So much anger over a jacket wearing mom... I must be missing something, I see this all the time in every sport.

u see mom's wearing the uniform of their daughter from high school at a club travel event? Just to show that her daughter, who hasn't started 9th grade yet plays high school lax? And this is normal where u are? i don't see it very often. Just w the LI nut jobs.

no 8th graders on west islip championship team
An 8th grader playing varsity just means the school program is weak - not really something to brag about.

That just shows how ignorant you are , all three state championship teams have starters that were in 8th grade or were starters for their team as 8th graders . If those are weak programs then exactly who are the strong programs .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jealousy and bitterness is what is ruining the sport.

Do you people ever listen to what you say?

Worrying about what other people wear, really? Worry about yourself and your own kid. At the end of the day there will be an insignificant amount of 8th graders committing (Less than 5). Probably less than 50 9th graders will verbally commit.

If you really want to know where your kid stand look at the following:

When did she actually start getting recruited?
When was an offer made?
What schools recruited her?

Not all recruits are equal. Even at the top programs, the #1 and #2 recruits are much different from #9 and #10 in the same recruiting class.
All of D1 is not created equal. Kids that are recruited by the top 5 – 10 programs are usually much stronger than the rest of the players.

The problem is that many parents refuse to honestly evaluate their children. Many become bitter and jealous and spew venom and hate at players who excel and are recruited over their child. They do it on this site, they do it on the sideline and they do it around town. When another child is having more success than their child they look to tear that child down anyway they can. It’s ugly.

If the kid scores a lot of goals the jealous parents will call the player a "Ball Hog".

If the player is recruited and commits early the jealous bitter parents will go on and on about how it is a bad decision.

If the kid makes an "All Star / Elite / Top Club" team the bitter parents will say it is only due to politics.

If the kid commits to a Top 5 or 10 college program the jealous parent will say the player will never get on the field and they will not pursue a “real major or field of study”.

If the kid commits to Harvard the bitter jealous parent will say my son/daughter doesn't want to go to an Ivy League School.

If the kid commits to a Big D-I School the jealous parents will say we are focusing on academics and looking at D-III schools.

If it is said that the player was offered a significant athletic scholarship all of the know it all parents will say it is not true.

If a kid is being actively recruited by a number of top programs the bitter jealous parents will say we are looking at ABC and XYZ and we visited XXX even though their kid is not being recruited by those schools. (visiting a school or calling the coach and asking to visit is not being recruited. Going to a prospect day is not being recruited.)

It's never ending, on our sideline this past spring we had parents counting out loud the number of turnovers a player had. We have parents chirping loudly "Pass The Ball" however I never heard those words when the Jealous bitter parents child had the ball. If it were not so sad it would be funny.

Couple all of the hate and venom spewed with all of the [lacrosse] Kissing many of these parents do and you have a cesspool of a sideline. Does not matter if it is school or club, the [lacrosse] kissers are there. They will kiss the [lacrosse] of the coach, Club Director, AD, Assistant Coach, Spouse of the coach, Sibling of the coach, friend of the coach, anyone who they think can help. Have you ever noticed how certain parents always have a reason to talk to or email the coach? Even the ones who are bitter on the sideline, they make sure they put on the happy face just before their nose hits the coaches [lacrosse]. Love it when I see a kid who does not get the hype from the club or school get recruited (by top college programs) over the favored ones. The worst are the (politically correct happy face parents) these are the smart ones who never say anything negative in public. They do all of their [lacrosse] kissing and emailing in private but make no mistake, they are there and they are attempting to manipulate the coach. All the [lacrosse] kissing from parents and the misguided efforts of a bad coach will not stop the college coaches from identifying the top athletes.

It's a mess. Hope your club and or town is different".

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Worrying about what other people wear, really? Worry about yourself and your own kid. At the end of the day there will be an insignificant amount of 8th graders committing (Less than 5). Probably less than 50 9th graders will verbally commit.

When was an offer made?

Not all recruits are equal. Even at the top programs, the #1 and #2 recruits are much different from #9 and #10 in the same recruiting class.
All of D1 is not created equal. Kids that are recruited by the top 5 – 10 programs are usually much stronger than the rest of the players.

The problem is that many parents refuse to honestly evaluate their children. Many become bitter and jealous and spew venom and hate at players who excel and are recruited over their child. They do it on this site, they do it on the sideline and they do it around town. When another child is having more success than their child they look to tear that child down anyway they can. It’s ugly.

If the kid scores a lot of goals the jealous parents will call the player a "Ball Hog".

If the player is recruited and commits early the jealous bitter parents will go on and on about how it is a bad decision.

If the kid makes an "All Star / Elite / Top Club" team the bitter parents will say it is only due to politics.

If the kid commits to a Top 5 or 10 college program the jealous parent will say the player will never get on the field and they will not pursue a “real major or field of study”.

If the kid commits to Harvard the bitter jealous parent will say my son/daughter doesn't want to go to an Ivy League School.

If the kid commits to a Big D-I School the jealous parents will say we are focusing on academics and looking at D-III schools.

If it is said that the player was offered a significant athletic scholarship all of the know it all parents will say it is not true.

If a kid is being actively recruited by a number of top programs the bitter jealous parents will say we are looking at ABC and XYZ and we visited XXX even though their kid is not being recruited by those schools. (visiting a school or calling the coach and asking to visit is not being recruited. Going to a prospect day is not being recruited.)

It's never ending, on our sideline this past spring we had parents counting out loud the number of turnovers a player had. We have parents chirping loudly "Pass The Ball" however I never heard those words when the Jealous bitter parents child had the ball. If it were not so sad it would be funny.

Couple all of the hate and venom spewed with all of the [lacrosse] Kissing many of these parents do and you have a cesspool of a sideline. Does not matter if it is school or club, the [lacrosse] kissers are there. They will kiss the [lacrosse] of the coach, Club Director, AD, Assistant Coach, Spouse of the coach, Sibling of the coach, friend of the coach, anyone who they think can help. Have you ever noticed how certain parents always have a reason to talk to or email the coach? Even the ones who are bitter on the sideline, they make sure they put on the happy face just before their nose hits the coaches [lacrosse]. Love it when I see a kid who does not get the hype from the club or school get recruited (by top college programs) over the favored ones. The worst are the (politically correct happy face parents) these are the smart ones who never say anything negative in public. They do all of their [lacrosse] kissing and emailing in private but make no mistake, they are there and they are attempting to manipulate the coach. All the [lacrosse] kissing from parents and the misguided efforts of a bad coach will not stop the college coaches from identifying the top athletes.

Unfortunately it is mostly the same everywhere. Message to parents: shut up and focus on your own kid, be happy for others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When was an offer made?

Unfortunately it is mostly the same everywhere. Message to parents: shut up and focus on your own kid, be happy for others.

This is a great post and so much of it is spot on. While I have been genuinely happy for my daughter's friends when they committed, I've also been guilty of a few of the transgressions you mention. Some of what you say is skewed, I imagine, to your personal experience.

My daughter could've been the number 8, 9 or 10 commit to two different top 20 programs , but after a lot of soul searching, chose to commit to a mid level d1 school as their top commit. Academically it's a very good fit for her, she's getting substantial athletic money, will have opportunities for additional academic money and will have an excellent chance of getting significant minutes freshman year.

That said, most aren't but some girls who score a lot of goals are ball hogs and statistically some girls who commit to top programs will never see the field . And others got offers over other girls due to personal relationships between club and college coaches or other politics and some kids do choose d3 Nescac schools over other opportunities. Other girls will go on to have successful college lacrosse careers at top programs.

Do your homework, know your daughter and help your daughter make the best choice for her . Each girls choice is very personal and there isn't any right or wrong choice or time to make the choice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"no 8th graders on west islip championship team
An 8th grader playing varsity just means the school program is weak - not really something to brag about. "

Reread what you are responding to, and yes at least one of the West Islip players did previously play varsity as an 8th grader. So you think West islip is the only non weak program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line is 90% or more of kids play because they like the game and won't play in college. I think the politics, endless recruiting and [lacrosse] kissing of the parents is what sours the other parents. It's not jealousy, we just want our kids to play. The problem with lacrosse is everyone does what is preached on this site, they "just worry about their own kid"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wish more people would just step up and put a few loud mouth parents in their place every now and then instead of just going back and forth trying to prove them wrong. You can't argue with stupid people.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Wish more people would just step up and put a few loud mouth parents in their place every now and then instead of just going back and forth trying to prove them wrong. You can't argue with stupid people.

Exactly.. can't fix stupid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can we get our kids recruited without giving in to all the travel nonsense?
There has to be a way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone listen to the tom coughlin today? "Its about the higher ground its not about individuals, its about a greater purpose it is a team concept. do it for each other, individuals need to sacrifice, be unselfish, always put the team first". It was a great listen you should google it up.

Now re-read this thread with everyone just worried about their own kid and their recruitment. Polar opposites

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone listen to the tom coughlin today? "Its about the higher ground its not about individuals, its about a greater purpose it is a team concept. do it for each other, individuals need to sacrifice, be unselfish, always put the team first". It was a great listen you should google it up.

Now re-read this thread with everyone just worried about their own kid and their recruitment. Polar opposites

He also got fired!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He also got fired!
Typical response, guess he should have been on the wall more. If he can't keep up anymore he needs to go right? You sound like a team guy lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the LI 2020's looking this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same as last year, but a year older or should I say two years older for some players when US Lax new age based rule kicks in next year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somebody must be chomping at the bit to bash a kid or brag about his daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're so right, lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll bite. This is a very strong age group here on Long Island. A lot of talent across the board. YJ has many solid girls at this age as does Leg and TG (depending on how many left this year). But regardless of where girls land, this may be one of the more talented recruiting classes in recent years when it is all said and done (by the sheer number of good players).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fish on!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does this very strong group do against the top Md teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG Black 2020s lost to Integrity 2020 at two summer tournaments (the Grind and LI 3 Classic) and a fall tournament. Not sure how YJ or Leg did against MD teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does this very strong group do against the top Md teams?

YJ definitely fairs well against them! They have the largest group of strong solid talent and depth at this age on LI. The other LI teams have a couple of strong girls each but not entire teams that are strong and therefore definitely do not do as well against MD teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe top YJ team lost one game all last summer and that was by 1 goal. They were something like 12-1 vs MD, Heroes and Skywalkers. But lots of competitive games with these teams, as well as TG and Legacy. Lots of talent out there. Heroes very very good at this age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly there is YJ then everyone else at this age group on LI. I think legacy has surpassed TG at this point in this age but YJ has essentially all the top players in the age group from LI .That said there is only 1 ball and a lot of egos and that YJ team will be brutal when you have some big name college coaches on the sideline.Have seen a few already posting nonsense about being invited to so and so camp as if that means they are recruiting their kid. Know many of the parents well and they are realistic about their kid but a few are over the top. Take their middies (both lines) and put on any other team ( yes even lower level teams) and that team becomes top LI team and YJ becomes mediocre.I guess that can be said of many teams but especially true of this team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly there is YJ then everyone else at this age group on LI. I think legacy has surpassed TG at this point in this age but YJ has essentially all the top players in the age group from LI .That said there is only 1 ball and a lot of egos and that YJ team will be brutal when you have some big name college coaches on the sideline.Have seen a few already posting nonsense about being invited to so and so camp as if that means they are recruiting their kid. Know many of the parents well and they are realistic about their kid but a few are over the top. Take their middies (both lines) and put on any other team ( yes even lower level teams) and that team becomes top LI team and YJ becomes mediocre.I guess that can be said of many teams but especially true of this team.

YJ is definetly tops, and they have the most quality players at this age. Playing your the top girls and shortening the bench Leg. is in the game, but the talent of YJ would over power them eventually.

Leg. has probably surpassed TG in all ages by this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG Black 2020s lost to Integrity 2020 at two summer tournaments (the Grind and LI 3 Classic) and a fall tournament. Not sure how YJ or Leg did against MD teams?

Teams losing to Integrity 2020 happens a lot. They are VERY good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG is an after thought at this point, there's pretty much nothing left there, they won't beat any MD team worth mentioning and would probably have all they can handle with Elevate this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It never happened unitl this past summer, TG owned them until SS took over they team - the team that lost 1 game the previous two years (to M&D), but needed to be fixed because the previous coach didn't know what he was doing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It never happened unitl this past summer, TG owned them until SS took over they team - the team that lost 1 game the previous two years (to M&D), but needed to be fixed because the previous coach didn't know what he was doing

Who said that??? Certainly not the players who played for him!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ is definetly tops, and they have the most quality players at this age. Playing your the top girls and shortening the bench Leg. is in the game, but the talent of YJ would over power them eventually.

Leg. has probably surpassed TG in all ages by this point.

Overstating Leg at this point.Leg 2020 top team may be on par with TG not close to YJ. The other age groups are way behind the 2020 team with respect to their age groups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who said that??? Certainly not the players who played for him!

BS and SS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd say the best 2020s we've seen so far have been

YJ
M&D
Heros
Stars
Integrity
Steps out of NJ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would move Integrity to 4, STEPS NJ to 5, Maryland United East to 6 and Stars (?) out.

Page 23 of 42 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard