BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,943
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 76 of 128 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think it is interesting that the Crabs seem to have a pretty cozy relationship with BL. How many players on the Crabs go to BL and reclassified. I don't know the answer - but - BL ain't cheap and RM convincing a kids family to hold their kid back a year or too sure doesn't hurt BL's bottom line.

You are way off base. At most there are probably 4 BL kids on any Crabs team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question - does any other club team have the kind of relationship with a school like the Crabs have with Boys Latin? They seem rather cozy....

Bitmore and Catonsville HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4 kids each team and 2 get held back - that's 100k right there for BL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously. FCA and Madlax have a ton more holdbacks than Crabs. I would be Dukes has more as well, but not sure about that.

Great. Playing the Dukes this weekend with a bunch of kids playing up. Yikes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, We are playing the 16-17 Dukes this weekend with 2017 and mostly 2018 kids. Should be fun to see how we do against 18 and 19 year old HS kids.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm a 2017 dad still driving son to events. He turned 16 less than 6 months ago and still stuck with learners permit until XMas.

The greatest benefit to this lacrosse repeat grades thing is your kid can drive himself to these events. It is likely also worth more than the glorified meal plan equivalent scholarships for lacrosse that are out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question - does any other club team have the kind of relationship with a school like the Crabs have with Boys Latin? They seem rather cozy....

What exactly do you think the relationship is? That they practice there? That a few of the coaches work at BL? It's not like BL kids have an advantage in terms of making the teams. Most teams only have a few BL kids, if that.

FCA and Calvert Hall have a much closer relationship than Crabs and BL. Bob Shriver prior and currently Brian Farrell do not have anything to do with running/coaching Crabs. The Kellys are all over FCAs coaching staffs

Most of the crabs kids go to BL and most of the FCA kids go to Calvert Hall or loyola. Does looneys have any affiliation with a high school?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What exactly do you think the relationship is? That they practice there? That a few of the coaches work at BL? It's not like BL kids have an advantage in terms of making the teams. Most teams only have a few BL kids, if that.

FCA and Calvert Hall have a much closer relationship than Crabs and BL. Bob Shriver prior and currently Brian Farrell do not have anything to do with running/coaching Crabs. The Kellys are all over FCAs coaching staffs

Most of the crabs kids go to BL and most of the FCA kids go to Calvert Hall or loyola. Does looneys have any affiliation with a high school?

Looney's have a lot of kids who go to Loyola, no real affiliation though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What ever happened to Admirals Cup Lacrosse Club? They practiced out of BL if i remember right

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What ever happened to Admirals Cup Lacrosse Club? They practiced out of BL if i remember right

think they are Lax World now

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

think they are Lax World now

That's correct. They merged with Lax World a couple years ago

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have 12 hold backs!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have 12 hold backs!

Only 12? must be the crabs "B" team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]They have 12 hold backs!

Only 12? must be the crabs "B" team [Difference is theirs can't play./quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is on age, so are his teammates, they get oustanding coaching, Crabs is way cheaper than any other club program (and they give top of the line helmets and gloves for free to all new players) and he is getting fabulous exposure/competition. Again, sorry your kid did not make it, now please give it a rest.

I'm calling BS on this one

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is on age, so are his teammates, they get oustanding coaching, Crabs is way cheaper than any other club program (and they give top of the line helmets and gloves for free to all new players) and he is getting fabulous exposure/competition. Again, sorry your kid did not make it, now please give it a rest.

Yeah, I am a crabs parent and I will admit that there is no team that all kids are on age. My son is on age. MOST of his teammates are as well. There are 5 kids with spring summer birthdays that went to prefirst on his team. Not in 8th grade yet so no holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, I am a crabs parent and I will admit that there is no team that all kids are on age. My son is on age. MOST of his teammates are as well. There are 5 kids with spring summer birthdays that went to prefirst on his team. Not in 8th grade yet so no holdbacks.

Right there confirms what most people think about Crabs and Holdbacks..
Your before 8 grade team already has 5 holdbacks . That could be half the starting team held back. Advantage there??? of course..
Each year as you get closer to 9th grade there will be more and at 8-9th grade when many kids are held back..Even more holdbacks added to Crabs.. At that point it well could be at least 3/4 if not entire starting line up heldbacks....Advatage?? Big time...

Most common sense people find this out of wack with youth athletics...Get your advantage in HS not youth athletics..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How 2020 ex-Crabs players did FCA, 91 MD and Looney's acquire either because kids lost significant playing time to a holdback or were cut due to holdbacks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How 2020 ex-Crabs players did FCA, 91 MD and Looney's acquire either because kids lost significant playing time to a holdback or were cut due to holdbacks?

Don't have the answer to that- but to me, that is one of the saddest parts of the holdback situation. Kids that choose to play age appropriate and are solid to great players lose their spots to bigger, stronger holdbacks for no other reason other than that they hit puberty first. And... I am not saying this because my kid got cut- my kid lives no where near this crazy team/club and has always played more than competitively against the Crabs. Heard a few good players were cut, but one specifically I heard had to find a new team, and that one especially boggled my mind. Also saw how many of the kids sat on sidelines never seeing the field during the tighter games. Sad for those kids that are stuck in a bad situation, but I think it will eventually right itself in the future, as kids will all eventually go through puberty and talented kids do not lose their skills.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't have the answer to that- but to me, that is one of the saddest parts of the holdback situation. Kids that choose to play age appropriate and are solid to great players lose their spots to bigger, stronger holdbacks for no other reason other than that they hit puberty first. And... I am not saying this because my kid got cut- my kid lives no where near this crazy team/club and has always played more than competitively against the Crabs. Heard a few good players were cut, but one specifically I heard had to find a new team, and that one especially boggled my mind. Also saw how many of the kids sat on
sidelines never seeing the field during the tighter games. Sad for those kids that are stuck in a bad situation, but I think it will eventually right itself in the future, as kids will all eventually go through puberty and talented kids do not lose their skills.

Even daddy ball exist there too. Some kids shouldn't be on team. Others cut that should still be there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]How 2020 ex-Crabs players did FCA, 91 MD and Looney's acquire either because kids lost significant playing time to a holdback or were cut due to holdbacks?

Don't have the answer to that- but to me, that is one of the saddest parts of the holdback situation. Kids that choose to play age appropriate and are solid to great players lose their spots to bigger, stronger holdbacks for no other reason other than that they hit puberty first. And... I am not saying this because my kid got cut- my kid lives no where near this crazy team/club and has always played more than competitively against the Crabs. Heard a few good players were cut, but one specifically I heard had to find a new team, and that one especially boggled my mind. Also saw how many of the kids sat on sidelines never seeing the field during the tighter games. Sad for those kids that are stuck in a bad situation, but I think it will eventually right itself in the future, as kids will all eventually go through puberty and talented kids do not lose their skills.

If they were "great" players...they would still be on the team. Even if Under aged....calling BS here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]How 2020 ex-Crabs players did FCA, 91 MD and Looney's acquire either because kids lost significant playing time to a holdback or were cut due to holdbacks?

If they were "great" players...they would still be on the team. Even if Under aged....calling BS here.

Great player pre-puberty loses to great player who started puberty every time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4 players on last Years 2020 Crabs team were told they would only be welcome back if they reclassed. 2 did, the other two left

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4 players on last Years 2020 Crabs team were told they would only be welcome back if they reclassed. 2 did, the other two left

Good for the parents of the two that did not who were not willing to sacrifice their sons self worth and academics for the chance to be part of an organization that does not have the kids overall well being as it's focal point. The man thinks he can do whatever he wants in terms of kid's futures, his own field behavior, rigging his tournaments to make his teams look better....the list goes on and it is nice to see some parents say "no thank you, our kids are worth more."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So 2 kids stayed back a grade in school just to be a crab? WOW, absolutely disgusting! No defending this, a club coach telling parents to keep their kid back a grade, lacrosse at the youth level has become an abortion.

So the two that didn't were cut? Did any others leave on their own?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So 2 kids stayed back a grade in school just to be a crab? WOW, absolutely disgusting! No defending this, a club coach telling parents to keep their kid back a grade, lacrosse at the youth level has become an abortion.

Yes, if you read it on an Internet message board, it must be the truth.

It is a complete lie, but I guess people will believe anything they want to believe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree. Love chasing the partial scholarship. Better to play age with a lesser team and get a tudor to keep the grades up. Crabs can keep their crazy culture. Before you say it, never tried out for any of the crab, madlax or 91. My kids will go merit scholarship and remember club lax as fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is a complete lie, but I guess people will believe anything they want to believe.

Not a complete lie-fortunatley names and initials can not be shared here. Thankfully the two had enough guts to leave. Add those to the 3 who were 2019 last year and joined the 2020s and the kids who were already older and amazing how good the team becomes and how many of the on age kids lose playing time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well the board does not let us put names or more facts without taking them off. I agree with the why but I am sure we could have the facts if the board aloud it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is complete BS. There is not a single player that was on Crabs 2020 last year that is on Crabs 2021 this year. Feel free to check the rosters. They are both online.

Stop making crap up to support your baseless claim that Crabs has more holdbacks than any other club or forces kids to repeat grades.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a complete lie-fortunatley names and initials can not be shared here. Thankfully the two had enough guts to leave. Add those to the 3 who were 2019 last year and joined the 2020s and the kids who were already older and amazing how good the team becomes and how many of the on age kids lose playing time.

It is a complete lie you jackass. Both last years 2020 roster and this year's 2021 roster are easily accessed online. No need to post names here. Not that there are any to post since there is not a single player on both rosters.

Stop making [lacrosse] up loser. Try again next year, maybe your son won't get cut.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont know who was cut and who chose to leave, do know that FCA picked up a very good middie and Looney's pick up a very good goalie from crabs. Both kids are very good players and it will come back to haunt the crabby patties later.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well the board does not let us put names or more facts without taking them off. I agree with the why but I am sure we could have the facts if the board aloud it

The problem with this forum is that there is zero accountability for what is written due to the anonymous posting. Even forcing some type of handle in order to post would at least allow people to know which posters are prone to BS. Because there is no accountability you can not accept anything written here as fact. Crabs, like most clubs, have kids that did prefirst and some that repeat 8th grade. Ironically the trend to grade based segmentation started on Long Island. Crabs was relatively late to change as last year was the 1st to have all teams by grade. 2014 they had 2020,2021. This isn't to defend Crabs. No kid in the program and not friends with coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree. Love chasing the partial scholarship. Better to play age with a lesser team and get a tudor to keep the grades up. Crabs can keep their crazy culture. Before you say it, never tried out for any of the crab, madlax or 91. My kids will go merit scholarship and remember club lax as fun.

You better get a tutor (not your version of tudor)...if your kid is like you, he will be fixing my kids car in a few years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You better get a tutor (not your version of tudor)...if your kid is like you, he will be fixing my kids car in a few years

Probably bang your kids wife as well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You, too, would benefit from a tutor: "my kids car [sic]." Ever hear of the possessive? Don't be so quick to throw stones...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You, too, would benefit from a tutor: "my kids car [sic]." Ever hear of the possessive? Don't be so quick to throw stones...

touche, well played. Now I have to go home and watch over my wife and daughter before some illiterate landscaper from LI comes knocking on my door!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I spoke directly with one of the parents (one that did not reclass), and I don't know why they would lie about that. I guess maybe they would, but it is CLEAR that the Crabs have plenty of held back kids. so if it looks like a zebra...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I spoke directly with one of the parents (one that did not reclass), and I don't know why they would lie about that. I guess maybe they would, but it is CLEAR that the Crabs have plenty of held back kids. so if it looks like a zebra...

No kid on Crabs 2021 has repeated a grade. Your statement was that Crabs(Ryan) forced 4 kids from last year's 2020 team to reclass. This is an outright lie.

Stop spreading lies and rumors that your "heard on a sideline". What is CLEAR is that you have an ax to grind with the program and would try to pass of lies as fact on an anonymous message board. Stay Classy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So they are current 2020s who have to reclass if they want to stay on Crabs next year or they reclassed for this year to 2021? It is interesting to check out Hudl. There are several current Crabs 2020 players still showing up on 2019 roster and one even on a 2021 roster which is clearly a mistake but it must be all very hard to keep track of. Also having two numbers on Hudl is a bit of a giveaway if being 6' 1" and 180 pounds as an 8th grader is not a bit suspect already. Just as an fyi..the cached roster sorting does not seem to catch up every time.

Like Reply Quote
Page 76 of 128 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard