BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,892
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 86 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Do you mean the other one from VLC who went to Denver? I do not see him on any roster.

Why would you be frantically searching rosters on the Interwebs for some MS boy? That is really weird.

It is rather obsessive, I have to say...
Stop it! I am referring to another player. He is NOT on the VLC roster.

Did you miss your pill today? Take a deep breath and calm down - I'm sure you'll find him if you devote the rest of your Labor Day weekend to scouring the area rosters for a youth player you're obsessed with. Maybe you should hire Magnum PI to find him for you?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your son plays on 2020 - 8th grade - so how are there any PVI kids on his team? It's high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does PVI manage to have so many top coaches and players flocking there and still suck?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your son plays on 2020 - 8th grade - so how are there any PVI kids on his team? It's high school.

Your reading skills need work

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You said "Langley has never pushed PVI kids ahead that I've seen.." so just wondering if you're talking about your sons 2020 team how there are any PVI kids on that team. Maybe you're talking about other teams?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't think he's talking about a 2020 team. Those are 8th graders and PVI is a high school. Never looks good for a club coach to also be a prep coach. Too many and too obvious conflicts of interest for the kids who are in public schools and are more reliant on their clubs to advocate. Looking at 2015, 2016, 2017 doesn't look like the PVI kids struggled to get committed as much as their team struggled to win games agains decent competition. Not sure what teams Langley coaches, he was on Twitter as a 2015 coach. It is a negative for VLC to have that bias and the Landon bias from the founder.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is nothing negative about Adam Langley....he is an outstanding coach and a smart and principled individual. There is no undue preference that I've ever seen or heard of.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't think he's talking about a 2020 team. Those are 8th graders and PVI is a high school. Never looks good for a club coach to also be a prep coach. Too many and too obvious conflicts of interest for the kids who are in public schools and are more reliant on their clubs to advocate. Looking at 2015, 2016, 2017 doesn't look like the PVI kids struggled to get committed as much as their team struggled to win games agains decent competition. Not sure what teams Langley coaches, he was on Twitter as a 2015 coach. It is a negative for VLC to have that bias and the Landon bias from the founder.

Thanks for your input cabell

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You said "Langley has never pushed PVI kids ahead that I've seen.." so just wondering if you're talking about your sons 2020 team how there are any PVI kids on that team. Maybe you're talking about other teams?

Correct - I was saying that my son plays on the 2020 team, and Buller is the head coach and Langley assists - I wasn't implying that there are PVI kids on the 2020 team, my point was that we all have a lot of interaction with him and get to see why he does in games and practices. Langley is the head coach of 2018, and I've never seen him push kids from one school over another or give preference to PVI kids in particular. He just plays the best talent he has, exactly as he should - he and Buller are excellent and fair coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We get it. You dislike PVI.

- Madlax has coaches who are also HS head and assistant coaches
- Blackwolf has coaches who are HS assistant coaches
- 3d has coaches who are HS assistant coaches

Get a life.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is true. Also

Club Blue has HS coaches
Performance has HS coaches
Cavalier has HS coaches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at the numbers for this fall rosters. I think people should be a little more happy in this new system of a Va and MD teams. They might not be as good with wins or loses but 18 and 19 kid rosters are better then the old way with 24 or 25 kids on a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our HS coach sucks. Just because a guy coaches in HS does not make him a good coach, at least in the public schools. (I may just be the one poor, public school guy on this thread) Teacher coaches are the worst. What is even worse are parents who assume because their kids play lax they should get a scholarship. Keep your grades up and the merit scholarships are much larger.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is fun! Also

Breakers has HS coaches
Cannons has HS coaches
Team 91 has HS coaches

someone else add 3 more...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at the numbers for this fall rosters. I think people should be a little more happy in this new system of a Va and MD teams. They might not be as good with wins or loses but 18 and 19 kid rosters are better then the old way with 24 or 25 kids on a team.

More kids can play as youths, and that is the only way to develop players. More teams means those 18-19 kids can play more instead of the rotisserie of in and out to please everyone. Over the summer I saw a lot of club teams rostering 30 at tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Double edged swords. The Blue teams were weak to begin with. Fewer players is good, but playing with lesser players overall is not good.

And 18-19 is too small of a roster for the summer. Kids have vacation and get hurt. The lack of numbers and better players is going to a painful experience for many.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
18-19 and they can pull in from other team if short for a tournament. No way, much much better to have 19 kids than 25 or 30. You pay for all this and then go to 2-3 events to watch your kid get a couple of runs in 20 min running half games? No thanks. Would rather the kids get good runs in and come home tired.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
18-19 and they can pull in from other team if short for a tournament. No way, much much better to have 19 kids than 25 or 30. You pay for all this and then go to 2-3 events to watch your kid get a couple of runs in 20 min running half games? No thanks. Would rather the kids get good runs in and come home tired.

I agree with this 100% and guess what you become a better player playing 33 min. of a game and losing by 5 then playing 8 min and winning by 5. It might hurt the parents feelings but guess what the kid got better. And for the older kids do you think the college scout remembers the score of the game he just saw your son play in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please show me the Blue team that had a overall losing record this summer. I am guessing you will only be able to find one. They are not winning all the tournaments but that is because these smaller clubs have kids who should be playing AA not A level with there smaller club team. I have seen Madlax Blue teams play from U11 to high school for many years. They compete and win more then they lose. I do think the one down side of this new system of MD and VA is that the Blue kids will not practice with the Top kids. This was always a big bonus of playing Blue. You got to practice with the top kids in the state twice a week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our kid used to play for Blue. Like any club, playing for the 2nd team sucks. Saying otherwise isn't being honest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for your input cabell

The funny thing is that the Madlax owner has been fired from every HS coaching job he's ever had, most recently for threatening his HS players if they didn't play for Madlax.

He threatened them via an email. Sound familiar?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably from sons that got not farther than a local rec team. Your attitude is reflected in how your kids play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did he threaten them? I'm curious. I don't understand this idea that kids are somehow forced to keep playing for madlax if they want to leave. Really what can he do to them? Say bad stuff about them? Everyone knows he's an [lacrosse]. If he says bad stuff about an ex-player it probably means they're a stud. Kids need to get over this idea that he has all this power over their lacrosse playing careers and let their game speak for itself. Wherever they want to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This happens all over. Fallston players need to play for Rock as their is a club connection. Cmilton Wright has to play for Mavericks or you do not get playing time. New coach at Harford Tech has a connection to Mavericks as well, so their kids better play for that club or playing time will suffer. If the coaches do not play their club players on the HS team the parents get upset. Also the club coaches get extra HS game experience, almost like a practice, to help in the club season. Not right, but it happens everywhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is fun! Also

Breakers has HS coaches
Cannons has HS coaches
Team 91 has HS coaches

Stop lying! Team 91 doesn't have any HS coaches in MD. But they are "Elite" coaches. Just ask Millon

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This happens all over. Fallston players need to play for Rock as their is a club connection. Cmilton Wright has to play for Mavericks or you do not get playing time. New coach at Harford Tech has a connection to Mavericks as well, so their kids better play for that club or playing time will suffer. If the coaches do not play their club players on the HS team the parents get upset. Also the club coaches get extra HS game experience, almost like a practice, to help in the club season. Not right, but it happens everywhere.

Well if these Fallston kids were any good, they could also choose to leave Hazard County and play for a real club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well if these Fallston kids were any good, they could also choose to leave Hazard County and play for a real club.

Maverick practices in Bel Air, but Rock practices at St. Paul's along with Koopers, Breakers, and Team 91-MD - so it is not a matter of where you live.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree. Some good kids want to play club but the parents are not crazy enough to want to drive all night to practice. Many of the clubs listed about have sent me emails and asked for my son to tryout. Just not interested. His high GPA and other HS sports are much more important. Merit scholarship baby. I am getting paid. lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is fun! Also

Breakers has HS coaches
Cannons has HS coaches
Team 91 has HS coaches

Stop lying! Team 91 doesn't have any HS coaches in MD. But they are "Elite" coaches. Just ask Millon

Nick Funk and Scott Hoskins were HS coaches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is fun! Also

Breakers has HS coaches
Cannons has HS coaches
Team 91 has HS coaches

Come on now. Scott's a great guy, but he was a HS assistant for one year 18 years ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is fun! Also

Breakers has HS coaches
Cannons has HS coaches
Team 91 has HS coaches

you're pulling the 1 year as HS assistant from 1997 for the one guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is fun! Also

Breakers has HS coaches
Cannons has HS coaches
Team 91 has HS coaches

Come on now. Scott's a great guy, but he was a HS assistant for one year 18 years ago.

Is what it is - the Plaintiff opened this line of questioning...hahaha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is fun! Also

Breakers has HS coaches
Cannons has HS coaches
Team 91 has HS coaches

you're pulling the 1 year as HS assistant from 1997 for the one guy.

Either way, I think it's been made clear that all the teams have HS coaches - which isn't a bad thing at all, but the point has been made...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is fun! Also

Breakers has HS coaches
Cannons has HS coaches
Team 91 has HS coaches

Hawks has HS coaches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every club has coaches who coach at the HS level. The original poster who said no club should have any HS coaches in the program is a complete idiot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably from sons that got not farther than a local rec team. Your attitude is reflected in how your kids play.

Nope. These were kids who were or later became D1 or D3 recruits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did he threaten them? I'm curious. I don't understand this idea that kids are somehow forced to keep playing for madlax if they want to leave. Really what can he do to them? Say bad stuff about them? Everyone knows he's an [lacrosse]. If he says bad stuff about an ex-player it probably means they're a stud. Kids need to get over this idea that he has all this power over their lacrosse playing careers and let their game speak for itself. Wherever they want to play.

These weren't kids who played for Madlax and wanted to leave. These were kids who didn't play for Madlax and were pressured to play for Madlax. Read the post. There were kids at that school who played for other clubs. He told those kids that if they didn't play for Madlax, there would be consequences when it came to play for their HS team. He had that power because he was their HS coach.

Not the same as what he did later when he threatened that player who left. Except in both cases he put the threats in writing, so the school had no choice but to fire him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is fun! Also

Breakers has HS coaches
Cannons has HS coaches
Team 91 has HS coaches

Someone seems to have a "thing" for Mark Millon and is hung up once again on "elite". If the folks on a club are happy with their coaches then why do you care?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is fun! Also

Breakers has HS coaches
Cannons has HS coaches
Team 91 has HS coaches

Someone seems to have a "thing" for Mark Millon and is hung up once again on "elite". If the folks on a club are happy with their coaches then why do you care?

Breakers younger teams have been decimated. I wonder if Breakers will even have a 2020 and younger teams this year?/

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is fun! Also

Breakers has HS coaches
Cannons has HS coaches
Team 91 has HS coaches

Breakers younger teams have been decimated. I wonder if Breakers will even have a 2020 and younger teams this year?/

on their website they have coaches listed. looks like they reloaded the coaching staff pretty well.

Like Reply Quote
Page 29 of 86 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard